Jump to content

The Death, Life and Suicide of Tommy Crouch by Tarek Donohue

   (4 reviews)
Sub-genres: Drama, General Romance

This a love story. A challenging, bittersweet romance between a poet and a painter. Tarek loves Tommy, who suffers from depression and mental illness. They are happy – for a time.

 

 

Contains themes of depression, mental illness and assisted suicide.  The descriptions are not graphic in nature, but the intent is there.
Copyright © 2018 Mikiesboy; All Rights Reserved.

Story Recommendations (1 member)

  • Action Packed 0
  • Addictive/Pacing 0
  • Characters 1
  • Chills 0
  • Cliffhanger 0
  • Compelling 0
  • Feel-Good 0
  • Humor 0
  • Smoldering 0
  • Tearjerker 1
  • Unique 1
  • World Building 0

Select Chapter
Table of Contents
  • 1. The Story
    • 4,303 Words
    • 4,442 Views
    • 62 Comments

Recommended Comments

User Feedback

View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to leave a review

You need to be a member in order to leave a review

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

Dodger

   6 of 6 members found this review helpful 6 / 6 members

A wonderfully crafted and unforgettable story. The author tackles a very difficult and heart-wrenching subject with remarkable skill. Yet no punches are pulled. It's impossible not to be moved by this tale and it's difficult to see how it could be improved.

Highly recommended.

Response from the author:

:blushing:  thank you, that is very humbling and much appreciated.

  • Like 3
  • Love 3
Link to review
MichaelS36

   6 of 6 members found this review helpful 6 / 6 members

The author of this story lived on the street for seven years, he knows too well the life Tommy led. He also knows what love is. What safety is. He is a generous loving man, human being. I'm very proud to be his husband. Proud he decided to write and post this story. Proud he is as brave as he is. 

 

He's a talented poet and author. He will be embarrassed by this.  boy, you deserve this. Thank you for sharing this brave and beautiful story with us. 

 

Have tissues when you read this. Don't hold your breath, though you'll wonder where the air has gone. It was written bravely, with love … read it the same way. 

Response from the author:

Thank You, Michael ... Sir ... for everything.

  • Like 1
  • Love 5
Link to review
mollyhousemouse

   6 of 6 members found this review helpful 6 / 6 members

when you read this, and you should, remember that living, and loving are acts of bravery.  this story from tim is about being brave. brave enough to open oneself to love; brave enough to fight for it, and to know when to let go.

writing is also about bravery, tim has often said "write bravely" and here, he's done just that.

if you've a tender heart, have a tissue or a hankie and be ready for all the feels! it's a difficult journey you're about to embark on, but one that is so worth it!

 

 

Response from the author:

Thank you, molly.  This one was difficult to write. I had many misgivings about it because of the subject matter. Luckily i have two very brave beta readers .... 💖

  • Like 1
  • Love 4
Link to review
Brayon

   7 of 7 members found this review helpful 7 / 7 members

WARNING: Have a box of tissues when you read this story.

 

That said, tim has given us an excellent story of love, and the pain of depression. It's something that connects not only emotionally, but spiritually. tim gave us not only his well-written prose but also several fine poems.

 

A must read.

Response from the author:

Thank you, A. Much appreciated.

  • Like 4
  • Love 1
Link to review
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..