Jump to content
    Nephylim
  • Author
  • 2,327 Words
  • 2,178 Views
  • 6 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

Recovery - 21. Chapter 21

The time spent at the spar was a taste of heaven for Kei and Alex. They worked hard, but spent as much time as they could playing on the beach, in the sand, in the sea, Shay and Kathryn became firm friends, and they spent all their time together, until Shay and Kathryn left. They exchanged details and promised to keep in touch.

But all good things come to an end, and they eventually found themselves at their last night. Kei and Alex ate supper on the balcony, watching the sun set over the sea.

“It’s beautiful.”

“Yes, it is. I’ve sometimes thought the colours are just too beautiful to be real.”

Kei smiled, and reached across the table to take Alex’s hand. “Like you.”

Alex blushed and ducked his head. “I’m not beautiful.”

“Yes you are.”

“Not as beautiful as you.”

“Not a competition.”

“No, no it’s not, and I guess beauty is relative.”

“Lots of relative things are.” Kei had become a lot more comfortable speaking, even when it was garbled and made no sense. In fact, his confidence on all levels had soared. Shay and Kathryn had as much to do with that as any of the treatments he’d had, or the little physical miracles he’d achieved, and there had been many.

The therapists at the clinic had taught him exercises that had completely changed his life. Within days the dizziness he experienced when he sat up or stood, had become manageable and, with the medication he’d been prescribed at the hospital kicking in, he was now able to stand, unaided even, when he had something to hold on to. He still found it difficult to balance, and he still had a lot of work to do to get his legs strong again, but for the first time, it was an achievable goal.

Right now, Kei wasn’t in his chair, but lounging in one of the comfortable, padded cane chairs that fitted with the rest of the deck furniture. He let go of Alex’s hand and picked up a piece of fried chicken. “Mm, this is the life.”

“It is indeed. I wish we could stay here forever.”

“No. Bored soon.”

“Bored? With this?”

“Hmm. Need… things.”

“Need things? What do you mean?”

“Read I learn want to. Write too. Back to normal one day I determined I one day might could have be."

“Yeah…needs a little work.”

Even a few days ago, that might have thrown Kei into a pensive mode, or even a depression. Today, he shrugged and sighed contentedly.

“You understand. Not more do I want?”

“Oh you want more. I know you, and I know you want more.”

“Hmm.” Kei lifted his glass of wine, and held it out for Alex to clink. Alex frowned, and Kei laughed. “Duddy fuddy. I can drink wine…if… I want.”

“You’re not supposed to drink alcohol at all.”

Kei shrugged. “Hasn’t hurt.”

“No,” Alex had to admit. In the two weeks they’d been here, he’d been forced to relax a little in his obsessive need to make sure Kei did everything by the book. Shay and Kathryn might have been, in some eyes, a bad influence. They persuaded both Alex and Kei to relax the rules a little, and Kei had done a lot of things he’d missed a lot, and worried he’d never get to do again. Coffee and wine were top of the list. When nothing terrible happened, Alex had to concede, but he still watched Kei like a hawk whenever there was coffee or alcohol anywhere near.

Chinking glasses, Alex sipped the full bodied red wine. Ah… This was, indeed, the life. Sun. Sea. Good wine. Good food. And good company. What more could anyone want.

“I wonder what my mother’s done to the house.”

“Are you…sure…it’s okay?”

“Of course it is. You know my mother. She wouldn’t offer if she wasn’t prepared to follow it through. And she loves to take care of people. And she adores you. Yep. On the whole it seems like a recipe for heaven to me, and part of me can’t wait to get back.”

“Part, yes.” Kei sounded wistful.

“We’ll come back soon. Maybe not here, but somewhere. Somewhere near the see.”

“Love. Sea.”

“I know you do. I never realised how much you love it…or how you love it. I really thought you loved surfing as much as I do.”

“I love you…as…much…you like…surfing.”

Alex laughed. “I guess that will have to do.”

“You go again soon.”

“When you’re better.”

“I am.”

“I mean when you’re well enough to come with me.”

“Why? Your mam. She take me care of.”

“Well, yes but… She won’t be me. She won’t take care of you like I do.”

“No, but good enough.”

“Not for me.”

Kei rolled his eyes and grinned at him. “When better more I get, fight we will I’m sure.”

“Fight? Why?”

“Don’t like…take care of me.”

“I know. You’re an independent thing. But we can compromise, I’m sure.”

“Hope so. wouldn’t want…have…kill you."

“To us,” Alex said, holding up his glass. “And to you not having to kill me.”

That night they made love for the last time in the bed they’d made love in for the first time, and slept sweetly in each other’s arms. The next day they went home.

The journey home was so much nicer than the first trip. Kei still got a little carsick, he always had, but he was relaxed and happy, and very talkative…for him. Of course, most of the things he said made no sense at all, but it warmed Alex’s heart to hear him be so fluent and so unselfconscious about it. The driver smiled at Alex in the mirror all the way home.

Rose and Barney were waiting on the drive. They were agitated and it seemed they’d been waiting for some time. Rose instantly ran to the car, and as soon as it stopped, almost dragged Alex out and hugged him. Then she held him away from herself and smiled. “You look well. You have a tan. Have you been sunbathing. And…Oh my God…” She’d turned to see the taxi driver lift Kei from the car and set him on his feet.

“Hello, Alex Mam,” he said with a grin.

“Kei…you look so…. You’re so well. And you’re standing. What happened?”

Kei threw his arms around her neck and kissed her. “Alex did.”

“I’m sure he did,” Rose said, confused but laughing. She slipped her arm around Kei’s waist and hugged him close. “I’m so glad you went to the spar. You’re a different boy.” There were tears in her eyes that made Kei sober. He patted her cheek.

“Don’t cry. I feel…good. Better soon…much soon.”

“Yes. Much soon.” Then she drew back and exclaimed. “I’ve spent all this time and effort having the house altered, and we’re not going to need it.”

Kei’s face fell. “I’m…. Sorry?”

“Don’t you dare be sorry. It’s wonderful, absolutely wonderful.” She hugged Kei again. “Can you walk now?”

“A little.”

“As far as the house?”

Kei looked and shrugged. “Try.”

Alex took his mother’s place, with his arm around Kei’s waist, and they slowly made their way to the door.

“Wait,” Rose said. “I have a surprise.” She disappeared inside leaving Barney, looking uncomfortable and squirming under the questioning stares.

“What?”

“You know what your mother’s like.”

“What’s she been plotting now?”

“You’ll find out.”

“Are you under orders on pain of death?”

Barney smiled. “Something like that.”

“Alright,” Rose called from inside. “It’s safe to come in now.”

“Safe?”

Barney shrugged.

Laughing, Alex swept Kei up in his arms. When he protested Alex held him close. “Isn’t it traditional to carry someone over the threshold of their first home together.”

“No. Brides.”

“Hmm… You’re not a bride are you?”

“No.”

“I could tell by the dress.”

“What dress?”

“Exactly.” Kei was confused enough to say no more as Alex carried him into the hallway and then through the door to the living room. The bungalow had a very simple design. One corridor that ran through from front to back. On one side the living room and kitchen, on the other, two bedrooms and a bathroom.

Alex was surprised the room was so dark but had no time to wonder because the lights suddenly flared, showing a room filled with life and colour. There seemed to be a lot of people. A banner over the fireplace said ‘Happy Birthday’.

“What?”

“Happy Birthday Alex,” everyone chorused and the mass of people dissolved into family and friends. Alex stood frozen, unable to comprehend what was going on.

“Oh, Alex. I forgot,” Kei gasped, then tightened his arms around his neck and nuzzled into his ear. “Happy birthday, Alex,” he whispered, and it was louder than all of the others put together.

“But…but it’s not my birthday.”

“No, we missed it. Overshot by a few days but we did our best. “You’re officially out of your teens now and, we can’t let an occasion like that go uncelebrated. Besides, I think we could all do with a party.”

“A party sounds like a good idea,” Alex said as joy burst in his heart and flowed through his body making him feels invincible.”

“You can…put…me down…now.” Kei said, carefully and Alex complied. Everyone crowded around, exclaiming at how well Kei looked, hugging Alex and wishing him a happy birthday.

Before Alex quite realised what was happening, Kei had been swept away by his mother and Jess, and Alex was surrounded by his friends, who were thrusting food and drink into his hands, and regaling him with news of what had been happening in the outside world, while he’d been in his bubble.

The evening was a whirl of colour and music and people. Alex bounced from one to another feeling alive and buzzing with energy. He barely saw Kei who seemed to be enjoying himself fine without him. He would never have admitted it to anyone else, and was reluctant to admit it even to himself, but having time away from Kei was good. As much as he loved Kei, they’d spent almost every single moment together for over a month and it was a relief to have time out with other people.

Eventually, things began to mellow. Some of the older people left, and the younger ones were splitting into groups, some swaying to music in the middle of the living room, or out in the garden. Alex found himself sitting on the deck, with a glass of Jack Daniels in his hand, watching Jess dancing on the lawn. She collapsed in an exhausted, laughing heap and Alex laughed out loud. He jumped when a pair of cool hands covered his eyes.

“Guess who?” a voice whispered and the sound of it ran through his veins like gold. He drew the hands down, to kiss them, then turned his head to look up at Kei. Outlined against the bright light spilling out of the house, he was breathtakingly beautiful. Alex smiled.

“Hello, beautiful. I was wondering where you’d got to.”

“I was tired,” Kei said, draping his arms around Alex’s neck and leaning against his back. “Went bed but… lonely. Bed big and alone. Sleep little but lonely.”

“I’m so sorry, darling. I should have thought. It’s been a long day. Shall I send everyone home.”

“No.” Kei sighed. “Party for you. I sleep now better. Okay I be.”

“No. I’ve done enough partying, I think. Now, I just want to be with you.”

“Lots of mess.”

“We can worry about it in the morning. Come on, let’s say goodbye to our guests and get you to bed.”

Kei fluttered his eyelashes at him. “Rewards in that.”

“Oh yeah?”

“Birthday present.”

“Oooh, that sounds interesting. “

“Will be. For sure, will be.”

When they’d finally said goodbye to everyone, and closed the door behind the last guest, Alex and Kei explored their world. It was small, compact but perfect. The best thing of all was the bathroom. Rose and Barney had fitted a walk in shower with a swinging chair. It wasn’t as big as the one at the spa, but it was enough to make Kei and Alex desperate to take a shower.

“Okay, big boy, let’s get you undressed and underwater. If I’m very, very good will you let me soap you down?”

“Oh so much better.”

“Better?”

Kei smiled at him and pressed his body against him. “Strip,” he said in a voice that sent shivers up Alex’s spine. The look in Kei’s eyes made him breathless.

“Yes, Master,” Alex gasped, half joking and half choking. He scrambled out of his clothes and stood naked while Kei scoured his body with his eyes.

Eschewing any help from Alex, Kei undressed and they both stood in the shower gazing at each other, as the water ran in slow trickles down their bodies, watching the trails it made over chests, stomachs and thighs.

“If I…. If I….” Kei bit his lip. “I wish…kneel…I…I….” He sighed but grinned then reached out to pull the chair close. Sitting down, he spread his legs and looked up at Alex in open invitation. Licking his lips Alex stepped forward and Kei wrapped his arms around his hips drawing him closer until he could lick the water from his hot skin.

“Oh God, Kei,” Alex moaned. He felt Kei smile, then his eyes rolled as Kei’s tongue became more questing and more demanding. “Jesus, keep doing that and I….” His voice turned to a squeak as Kei slid soapy hands around his buttocks and rubbed the soap into his crack. “Fuck, fuck, fuck,” Alex moaned as Kei’s fingers and lips explored his body, until he was shaking so much he had to grip the bar over the seat to stop himself falling.

“Happy Birthday, Alex,” Kei whispered and proceeded to give him the best present he’d ever had.

Copyright © 2014 Nephylim; All Rights Reserved.
  • Like 18
  • Love 1
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this story. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new chapters.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

Such a great upbeat chapter. The last few chapters have been so positive, I find myself almost afraid to read the next few. I keep hoping that, aside from Kei's long recovery, things will stay good for them.

Link to comment
On 01/27/2014 04:28 AM, avidreadr said:
Such a great upbeat chapter. The last few chapters have been so positive, I find myself almost afraid to read the next few. I keep hoping that, aside from Kei's long recovery, things will stay good for them.
And why on earth would you be afriad? What would I do? It's not as if I'm every cruel to my characters. At least I never push them beyond what they can bear.
Link to comment

It really was lovely to find Kei feeling better, more talkative, more self-assured and happier. They both seemed so happy and the party was nice :wizard: I hope Kei keeps recovering the way he was in the spa and perhaps his speech gets better too.

Such a sweet chapter :wub:

Link to comment
On 01/27/2014 04:57 AM, Suvitar said:
It really was lovely to find Kei feeling better, more talkative, more self-assured and happier. They both seemed so happy and the party was nice :wizard: I hope Kei keeps recovering the way he was in the spa and perhaps his speech gets better too.

Such a sweet chapter :wub:

I'm glad you like it. I think you might be surprised by the next one, which is much shorter and is the very last one.
Link to comment

The trip to the spa was a huge success for both Alex and Kei! What a wonderful chapter. It almost makes me worried about what terrible thing is waiting in the wings....

Link to comment
On 01/27/2014 09:10 AM, Daddydavek said:
The trip to the spa was a huge success for both Alex and Kei! What a wonderful chapter. It almost makes me worried about what terrible thing is waiting in the wings....
Why on earth would you think that? :) *whistle*
Link to comment
View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..