Jump to content
    NightOwl88
  • Author
  • 7,343 Words
  • 4,102 Views
  • 4 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

Max and Josh - 18. Happy Halloween?

Disclaimer: This story includes sexual and romantic situations between consenting individuals. Any allusion to illicit or illegal activity, sexual or otherwise, is used only for enhancement of the story line and not promotion thereof. Remember AIDS, HIV and other STDs are a very real threat, please always practice safe sex.

I can prove copyright on this story so please don't copy or remove this story for personal use without my permission.
*****************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************

Max and Josh 18: Happy Halloween?

Tom was sitting in Dave's office as he went over the sketches that he had brought in for Dave to see. Tom had been freaked out when Dave had brought them up after their first session.

Tom had never meant for anyone to see those sketches, it was bad enough that Max had seen them...that he knew what was going on in his mind. Tom had told Dave that he didn't want to show him the drawings and Dave hadn't pushed him, only told him that it could be beneficial for Tom to confront the issues that the sketches represented.

"I wish you had told me you were bringing these in today Tom." Dave spoke without judgment as he set aside the sheets.

"I'm sorry Mr. Watcher. I hadn't intended to bring them in. I've been thinking about what you said last week though and when I saw them in my desk. I just picked them up without thinking about it. I know they're sickening... I'll go if you want me to." Shame crept up Tom’s spine, something he had been feeling a lot of lately.

"Tom, I don't want you to go. I assure you that I have seen far worse depictions than these in the years I've been doing this. I understand that you are feeling ashamed right now and it is important that you work through that." Dave’s voice was low and gentle; it made Tom feel somewhat at ease.

"Tom, explain these to me." Dave said as he slipped the sketches into a folder.

"Explain them how... it's pretty clear what's happening." Tom has to fight the urge to slip down into his seat, a feeling of being cornered was coming over him.

"No, that's not what I mean. I want you to explain to me why you drew them this way. What it is that motivated them." Dave’s voice was light but it was easy to tell that he was probing for the truth.

"Sex, that’s what motivated them. My desire to have sex with other guys." Tom said, trying not to feel too uncomfortable.

"OK, but why in this context? It's quite obvious that these are representations of rape, no matter how much you've drawn yourself to enjoy it. Why not draw them in a consensual way? Why use your victims as fodder?" Dave made sure to keep his voice light, inquisitive.

"It's punishment. All the excuses I used to beat up those guys... it was bullshit. I was attracted to them physically and I couldn't handle that. I knew a few of them were gay so... I took out my anger on them.

I drew them this way because it was the only way that I could ever be with these guys how I wanted to, to get fucked by them... if I was being punished by them for the shit I'd put them through. It didn't matter that it would never happen in the real world, the sketches were enough...at least at first." Tom tried not to stare at the blue folder his drawings were now housed in as he spoke.

"Is this all you want from these young men Tom? Are the scenes in these sketches the only thing you want them to do?" Dave asked as he pushed the blue folder across his desk to Tom, but Tom didn't take it.

"I... I don't know what you mean." Tom stuttered as he gripped the arms of his chair tightly, as though he was fighting the urge to pick up the folder.

"I think, and this is just my opinion of course, but I think that part of you, probably a very large part, feels guilty because for what you have put these people through." Dave said and Tom protested.

"No... That’s the problem. I don't feel guilty, I don't feel regret. I don't feel anything except this sick attraction." Tom said through the lump in his throat, he was struggling not to loose it in front of Dave. He had only been to two sessions with the man but he was quickly becoming someone that Tom could respect... he didn't want to loose that respect by bawling like a baby in front of him.

"You could be right, but personally I think you're full of both guilt and regret. I think that is the true motivating reasoning behind the violence on your sketches. You've drawn yourself into scenes of so called punishment, not out of desire but out of guilt.

You've 'punished' these boys for your own anger and inability to come to terms with your sexuality so as punishment you've drawn them to turn the tables to where they are punishing you through your sexuality." Dave said and Tom thought about it, maybe he was right... he claimed that the first time he had felt guilt in so long was when he saw the love between Josh and Max... and he felt guilty for coming between them.

"If I did feel guilty... wouldn't I recognize it? Doesn't guilt feel the same no matter what situation you are in?" Tom was thinking of the situation with Max and Josh.

"Not necessarily, emotions are seldom cut and dry and easy to understand. The more complex the situation the more tangled your emotions are likely to become, and the harder they are to decipher. Has there been an instance when you felt definitively guilty recently?" Dave asked with a shrewd smile.

"Yes... The first day I came here. I was waiting for Max while he talked to his boyfriend Josh... Josh doesn't want me around Max... doesn't want Max helping me. I know to look at my history that you wouldn't think it but I'm not really heartless.

I know that I'm causing issues for Max... between him and Josh and probably the rest of his family and friends... or I was at least... and I felt guilty over that. For causing problems for someone whose life is so good... Max is a good person... he has friends who care about him... a guy who's in love with him... and probably a family who actually cares about him too." Tom couldn’t take it anymore and looked away from Dave.

"What do you mean when you say that you were causing problems for Max?" Dave asked feeling concerned.

"It means I'm not anymore. I told Max that I didn't need his help anymore... that I could take care of things on my own from now on." Tom said looking back at Dave.

"When did you do this?" Dave asked curiously.

"I'd been thinking about it since my last appointment. Every time I saw him with his friends and Josh I saw how they looked at me, how they were acting around him. I couldn't take knowing that I was messing with his life like that.

Today when he asked me after school when we were leaving I told him I didn't need him to come anymore, that I didn't need or want his help anymore." Tom said without shame or guilt. He was doing Max a favor after all, the less time Max spent around him the better.

It didn't matter how he felt, how much he wished he could have let him come with him. It didn't matter that they didn't talk about his issues, it only mattered because Max wanted to help him; it let Tom believe for a short time that someone cared about him...

"Did you explain to Max your reasons for not allowing him to come with you, or to help you?" Dave asked and Tom shook his head.

"Max is an idiot with a Savior complex. He wouldn't get that I'm trying to help him by pushing him out. He'd just think that I was trying to get out of this all together. No, I was just my usual self, acted like a prick; threatened him. He got the point after I drove off and left him standing in the parking lot." Tom said with a shrug.

"I can't say that I agree with what you did Tom but I can understand why you did it. Max is a good person with everything you desire, family and friends who care about him, a partner who loves him and you don't want to see him loose that because he is helping you." Dave said and Tom agreed.

Tom's home life wasn't the paradise everyone thought it was. His father ruled the house like a dictator. Both his and his mother's lives were carefully monitored and in his mom's case controlled.

The only way he had managed these two sessions with Dave is because he had scheduled them on Mondays, the days when his dad had to stay late at his law firm. If his father ever knew that he was coming to Dave or why, he'd kill him. Of that Tom was sure, his father had a terrible temper; a short fuse and made no bones about what he thought about anyone who wasn't white, and heterosexual.

Dave looked up at the clock and sighed. He picked up the blue folder and walked around to stand next to Tom.

"Our time is almost up today Tom and until our appointment next week I want you to think about something for me," He said as he handed the folder to Tom, who took it reluctantly, "Whenever you get the urge to draw more of these I want you to look at them first, look at them and really think about what you'd actually like to see on these pages, what you really want to happen. You'll need to be very honest with yourself and very introspective. I know that that is hard for you but I really want you to try." Tom nodded as he slipped the folder into his back pack.

As Tom got up and made to leave Dave put his hand on his shoulder and brought him up short.

"Tom... I know that this isn't the only problem you're having in your life. I'm not going to push you to talk about more than what you can but I want you to know that this is a safe place where you can talk about anything that affects you and feel anything you like without recrimination or consequence." Dave said and Tom felt a surge of gratitude. Maybe Max wasn't the only one who cared what was wrong with him.

"Thanks Mr. Watcher." Tom said as Dave let his hand fall.

                                                           *         *         *

Josh was sitting in his grandparents’ living room, waiting for his Grandfather to come down out of the attic. His panic level was topping out at maximum. He had gotten a call from his Grandmother a few days after Maxwell had left for Kentucky. Originally he had been ecstatic to get her call, thinking that his grandfather wanted to make up with him and his parents; it wasn't until Monday evening when he got home did he realized that his Grandpa wanted to talk to him alone.

Josh had wanted to beg his parents to come with him; he had the overwhelming feeling that things were going to go wrong but he'd held back the urge. He was trying his best to become more assured in himself, more self reliant. He loved his parents and Max but he wanted to be able to rely on himself, to not be so needy.

"Joshua...I'm glad you came." His Grandpa's voice broke through his thoughts and hiked his nerves level beyond count.

"Hey Grandpa, I'm really happy that you called." Josh said as he stood up and followed him to his study.

"Josh, I'm going to be honest with you about this entire situation. I don't know if anything I'm about to say is something you want to hear or not but I'm hoping it might do something to make this situation better." Aaron Mathews said quietly as he sat down in his usual arm chair.

"OK Grandpa, I'll hear what you have to say." Josh said, trying to swallow past the lump in his throat.

"I'm going to admit Joshua that I don't like the fact that you are gay, I don't like it and I don't understand it and I don't know if I ever will," Aaron stopped here and Josh thought that he might be finished but before he could say anything his Grandpa went on, "Even with all that though I had no right to talk to you the way I did that night, to say the things to you I did. I am sorry and I do love you." Aaron said and as he spoke he got up and walked over to his Grandson.

Josh, who hadn't sat down, didn't know what to do. His grandfather had apologized for his behavior, but he had told him he didn't like the fact that he was gay, but he'd also said he loved him. He wanted to accept his Grandpa's apology without question, but he wasn't willing to set himself up for another let down, so he took a slight step back and a deep breath before he answered.

"I love you too Grandpa, but I need to understand this. You say you don't like or understand that I'm gay, and personally I don't like or understand that. I'm not going to try and convince you otherwise. But I need to know what it means for us, for the family." Josh said with determination, he needed to be sure.

"I get the feeling that you have something of your own to say so feel free." His grandfather replied.

"I don't have much to say Gramps, just a few words," Josh said and Aaron nodded, "First off I need to make sure that you know that I'm always going to be gay, that I can't and won't ever be straight, and that nothing can change that.”

"It will take me awhile to fully accept you this way Joshua but I promise that I will try not to let it affect the way I treat you and I promise you that I won't be giving you any lectures or anything of the sort." Aaron said and Josh smiled, he only had one more thing he needed to say before he could leave in good conscience.

"So does this mean we can start having our Friday night dinners again?" He asked nervously and Aaron smiled as he pulled his grandson in to hug him.

"Of course we can my boy...I'm sorry it's taken this long to set things right."

                                                            *         *         *

"Hey guys I have some AWESOME news." Kylie said as soon as she and Frank came through Max's door.

The two of them, along with Max and Josh were at Max's place after school. The four of them getting together had been Josh's idea. He had seen how upset Max was after Tom told him that he didn't need his help anymore.

Josh was in two minds over that subject, one part of him was glad that Max wouldn't be hanging around with Tom, but the other part was pissed off that Tom had pushed Max out after all Max had done to help him. It wasn't that Josh was concerned for Tom's health, he was concerned with how Max was taking it.

"What's up Kylie?" Max looked genuinely curious, Josh smiled.

"You guys remember I told you my dad was working with his business partners on some sort of club right?" She asked and the others nodded their understanding, "Well it turns out it's an eighteen and under club right here in town and their grand opening is a costume party tomorrow night." Kylie said with a wide smile, it was easy to tell what she was thinking.

"So you guys want to go tomorrow night?" Frank asked, he had been in on the info too.

"How late does it run? I missed the Autumn Equinox so I'd like to be able to celebrate the Sabbat." Max asked and Frank and Josh both looked confused, Frank more so than Josh.

"It's a Wicca thing, "Kylie said with a smile to the boys," Tomorrow is Samhain, one of the eight Wiccan holy days." She finished and the guys smiled and nodded, they didn't fully understand but they got the gist.

"Yea I really need to study this stuff, get a working knowledge of what you two believe." Josh said and Frank agreed.

"I've got some books upstairs if you guys are interested, just give you an overview." Max said and Josh smiled.

"Cool, don't worry about it though Max, the place closes down at ten during the week so you'll be out with plenty time to celebrate before midnight." Kylie said and Max smiled.

"So what time does this party start?" Josh asked as he reclined back on the sofa with Max.

"Well, the doors open at seven but I think we should wait till about eight to go, fashionably late and all that." Kylie said and the guys just shook their heads and laughed.

"I guess if we're going to a party we need to head out and see what kind of costumes we can find. I dunno about you three I hadn't intended on doing anything tomorrow except my Ceremony so I don't have anything." Max said and Josh laughed.

"We could paint you green and you could go as the Hulk." Josh said and the others laughed along with him.

"That could actually be pretty hot," Kylie said and the others stared at her, "What? It's true, all stripped to the waist in severely cut off jeans; showing off that big upper body and those thick legs. You'd be a hit...though they probably have a dress code." Kylie said and Max had to blush, he wasn't used to having his body complimented except by Josh.

"I think you'd look good in a Tarzan costume." Josh heard Kylie whisper to Frank...who blushed quickly.

"If we're going costume shopping we need to get going, we can grab some dinner while we're out." Josh said and the others agreed.

The costume selection around town was slim pickings. It took them going to Wal-Mart, Goodwill and even a few local thrift shops before they could find anything suitable. Max had managed to find a medieval monks costume, much to everyone's amusement.

Josh found a nice set of vampire fangs and bought a sleek, tight fitting, black button down shirt that would look well with a pair of black jeans.

Kylie had convinced Frank to go as a caveman. They had managed to find him a furry looking toga like costume that came with skins that went over his shoes, and a large plastic club.

Kylie though didn't buy anything but some iridescent, sparkling make-up and bright pink press on nails.

"Do you already have a costume?" Max asked as they left the thrift shop where they had found his Monk costume.

"Yes I do as a matter of fact, and NO you don't get to find out what it is until tomorrow. Now where are we going to eat?" Kylie said with a smile.

After a small debate they decided to hit a local Subway for dinner, Max was addicted to their sweet onion Chicken Teriyaki.

After they ate Kylie commenced to dropping them off (they had all crammed themselves into her car again). Max was sorry to see Josh go but he pulled himself together. Josh had just made up with his grandfather earlier that day and he knew he wanted to talk to his parents about what had happened.

Once Kylie and Frank had dropped him off he went upstairs and went through his closet, gathering up everything he would need for his ceremony the next night. He picked out the right kind of incenses, an altar cloth, his little cauldron, and several other things. The rest he would prepare tomorrow after school.

When he was done Max went to his bookcases and browsed through them, looking for some books to loan Josh. Kylie said that she would take care of educating Frank so Max went through his collection, picking out the right books to give Josh the best overview of Wicca, Witchcraft, and modern Paganism in general.

Satisfied with his selections Max placed the three books he had chosen on his desk and sat down. He booted up his desk top and opened up his Journal. It has been weeks since Max filled in the events of his life, and he had a lot to go over.

It took Max the better part of two hours to fill in everything since the fight he had had with Josh and the others. He didn't leave out a single detail, even though it was done and over with Max still felt a lump in his throat and tears in his eyes as he recalled the argument and estrangement from Josh.

The make up with his Grandfather had also pulled at his heart strings as he recalled it, but it was more for the make up than for the memories it evoked.

Max hesitated on writing about Tom's attempted suicide and subsequent confession, as well as Josh's family problems, he worried that it might be some sort of invasion of privacy, especially if someone were to get into his journal. It wasn't likely but given the recent disaster that Kylie's inadvertent discovery had caused he was much more careful.

In the end he went ahead and typed it all out given how strongly it had affected his life; he just resolved to be more careful in the future and considered a password to protect the file.

After Max was done he looked over at the clock, it was still early so Max decided to use the time to meditate. As hectic as life had been the last few weeks he hadn't had time for it and he missed the quiet reflection.

He stood up and stretched a bit before he settled down in front of his small personal altar. Max decided to forgo the incenses and other fineries and simply closed his eyes and started his calming exercises.

                                                             *         *         *

Josh saw Tom leaning against his car staring off into space as he walked toward the school, looking for Max as he went.

Against his better judgment he detoured and walked up to him, the look of confusion Tom wore was somehow enough to break down his resolve to dislike the guy.

"You look like someone is trying to explain quantum physics to you." Josh said once he was close enough to Tom.

His voice seemed to snap Tom from his daze and Josh watched as he focused on him and a scowl came over Tom's face.

"What the hell do you want?" Tom’s voice was low but he tried to look threatening.

"Nothing. I just thought you looked like something was bothering you." Josh said equally quietly.

"Look just because you know a little something about me now doesn't mean I want nor need your help. Piss off Mathews." Tom replied as he shouldered his pack and made to walk away.

"You wanted Max's help. What happened, finally grow a backbone?" Josh called out just loud enough for Tom to hear him.

Tom turned around and for a moment Josh thought he was going to attack him but Tom took a deep breath and held himself in check.

"I figured you'd be happy I knocked your boyfriend off my side." Tom said with an odd expression that left Josh confused.

"What are you talking about?" Josh asked carefully.

"I know you don't want me around him. I saw the way you acted the first day I took him with me. I know I've done a lot of horrible shit in my past but I'm trying, it doesn't matter what I'm trying to do. You don't want your precious boyfriend around me so I kicked him to the curb. I don't need his help anyway." Tom said before he turned and walked away, leaving Josh confused.

                                                             *         *         *

Max straightened his long brown robe and pulled his hood up as the four of them walked into the evenly lit club. The building had been empty when he and his mother moved to town but Max knew that it had originally been a warehouse that had been abandoned when the town grew up around it.

"This place is so AWESOME." Kylie called as the other three checked their coats; Max's robe was more than warm enough for him.

Josh smiled, showing his plastic fangs, and nodded his agreement. The club was two stories, with the top floor over looking part of the ground floor. The ground floor was the main area. A long bar stood on one side of the long room, the wall behind it stocked with soda dispensers and a few coolers of bottled water and energy drinks.

Across from the bar was a large dance area that was sunk into the floor with a raised, circular stage in its center, tonight a local band was playing there. At one end of the bar and near the dance floor were a few round tables, though they were empty.

"What do you guys want to do first?" Frank asked as he motioned around the room with his club, the door man checking I.D had tried to confiscate it as a weapon but relented when they saw it was hollow.

"I want a drink." Max said as he wiped his brow, he was sweating a bit, not to mention he was hoping to avoid the dance floor; he had never been a very good dancer.

"Me too." Josh said with a smile, his fangs glowing in the dark, and the others agreed.

"What'll it be tonight?' The bartender (an older guy garbed very well as an Igor-ish figure) asked once they pushed through the small crowd at the end of the bar.

"Can you give me two regular cokes, water for the Monk, he's fasting, and a pint of O positive for my vampire buddy?" Frank asked with a smile and the others laughed.

"The cokes and water I can do but I'm fresh out of blood." The bartender laughed as he got the cokes.

"Then make it cherry coke and a diet for the Monk." Josh said, smacking the back of Frank's head lightly.

Once they had their drinks they took up residence at one of the small tables near the bar. Between the four of them they knew most of the people that were in the club, Tucker and Curtis both stopped by their table on their way to the bar from the dance floor. They were both dressed in tight spandex singlets and made up to look like a couple of wrestlers. It was lucky Curtis was finally free of the cast on his arm.

"I didn't know you were a religious guy Max." Curtis said as he clapped one of his large hands on Max's shoulder.

"You have no idea Curtis." Max said with a smile, leaving Curtis looking confused.

"Kylie, babe, you need to be careful out there in that outfit, you'll get jumped even with your body guards." Tucker said as he ran a finger over the edge of the cheap, iridescent fairy wings she wore.

It wasn't the wings though. The strapless, knee high white dress she wore was frilly and decorated with little prisms that gave off dancing, rainbow light. It was tight and low cut but the lace along the neckline kept it from being vulgar.

She wore white ballerina slippers, with ribbons that wound up her legs and tied at the knees. Across her arms and on her cheeks she wore clear, sparkling iridescent make-up that shined even in the dim light of the club and would sparkle spectacularly on the dance floor.

"Don't worry about me Tucker, that’s why Frank brought his club." Kylie said and Frank smacked the club threateningly against his hand.

The others laughed.

"So what are you out as Josh?" Curtis called, for all him and Tucker could see Josh was just dressed in tight black clothes and some white face paint. It didn't really matter, not everyone there was in costume.

Josh didn't answer though, just smiled, showing off his glow in the dark fangs. Max recoiling theatrically made the point clear.

"Damn...you know what, you should watch him too Max. Tall, pale, dark clothes and fangs; he'll be a magnet." Tucker said shaking his head.

It was hard to tell under the make-up but Max thought Josh might be blushing.

Tucker and Curtis left them and headed for the bar as Kylie and Frank finished their drinks.

Without preamble Kylie grabbed Frank and pulled him out of his chair and dragged him off toward the dance floor.

Max and Josh laughed at the look on Franks face as he was lead away from the table, but his bewilderment quickly changed over to a wide smile as Kylie pulled him close and started dancing to the pop-esqu music.

"You want to dance?" Josh asked with a smile as he turned to Max.

Max bit back his nerves and answered with a smile.

"Yea, but you should know; I'm a terrible dancer." Max said and Josh shook his head.

"It's easy, just move with the music and I know I'm the last person to say this but don't over think it." Josh said as he stood up and led Max over to the dance floor.

                                                           *         *         *

Tom watched as Max was lead out to the dance floor by Josh.

He had been watching the foursome from his place on the second floor since they had arrived.

It was Kylie's white, sparkling dress that had first caught his eye and once he recognized her he realized who the other three were.

He'd gotten a good laugh at Frank's ridiculous caveman costume but thought that the others looked good, especially Max in his robe and Josh's black suit.

As he watched Josh help Max get into the feel of the dance floor he once again wished he had decided to stay home.

It was easy to see that Max was uncomfortable; his movements were stiff and jerky but when Josh moved closer to him and wrapped his arms around his neck he tossed back the hood of his robe and loosened up.

Tom took off his Phantom of the Opera mask and downed the rest of whatever he was drinking, swallowing past the lump in his throat.

He felt like shit, he'd thought that coming to the party would be a way to start changing his image. He wasn't coming out of the closet by any means but he wanted people to stop seeing him as an asshole and a bully. He had tried to socialize and be friendly but he kept getting shut down.

As the band started a slow song he had to master the impulse to look back at the dance floor, see if Max and Josh were dancing together. He didn't though; he knew that he wouldn't be able to handle it if they were.

Without so much as a single glance at the dance floor he pulled his mask back on, went downstairs and left the club through the back door.

Getting in his car he headed home, his hands itching to sketch.

                                                            *         *         *

Max smiled as the slower song started to play. He wrapped his arms around Josh's waist and Josh smiled shyly at him. It took them a few moments to get into a good rhythm, Max's robe kept getting in the way.

No one on the dance floor was taking any notice of them, not even Kylie and Frank, though they were too wrapped up in each other to notice anything else. Once the music hit a particularly delicate note Max ran his hands up to Josh's neck and pulled him down for a slow, deep kiss.

Practically making out on the dance floor neither Max nor Josh registered the end of the song or that at some point Kylie, Frank, Curtis and Tucker had moved around them, until four throats were cleared loudly.

The two of them jumped apart and looked around them; their four friends weren't the only ones who had taken notice of them.

"You know I'm fairly certain that this is some sort of blasphemy, the whole monk and vampire thing." Tucker said as the six of them left the floor for the upstairs.

"It's only a sin if Josh bites him though that could cause him to explode, the whole holy ground and what not." Kylie said as the six of them found a large booth. Max finally got too hot and pulled off his robe; luckily he was wearing some jean shorts and a t-shirt.

Max leaned back into Josh and looked up him.

"I don't think I would mind you biting me, sans fangs of course." Max whispered, causing Josh to blush, even through his white makeup.

"I don't know what he said but it had to be good, I can feel the heat from here." Frank said across the table.

"He said he thought it would be funny to see you dancing between Tucker and Curtis." Josh replied, wanting to keep what Max actually told them between them.

"You know I'd like to see that too. You three up for it?" Kylie asked with maniacal smile.

Both Tucker and Curtis looked as if they liked the idea and gave Frank twin, predatory looks; but Frank killed the idea quickly.

"No offense but NO way. If we were dressed normally then maybe but not with you two in the body condoms." Frank said, his voice going up an octave or two.

Tucker and Curtis looked at each other for a second and nodded before they each extended their hands to Frank.

"It's a deal then." Tucker said and Frank looked dubious before shaking their hands.

"But if I do this then Max and Josh have to get sandwiched between Kylie and Fay once each." Frank said and Kylie squealed in delight, Max and Josh lost their smiles.

"Oh that is SO going to happen, I have to talk to Fay next time I see her." Kylie smiled Josh and Max groaned.

"I figured she'd be here tonight, this is her kind of thing." Max said and the others agreed.

They talked for a bit before heading back down stairs to get a drink.

"You guys want to play a round of pool?" Tucker asked, motioning to an empty table.

"I suck at pool but I wouldn't mind taking a crack at one of those dart boards back there." Max said and Curtis agreed.

The six of them took their drinks to the back room and Tucker, Frank, Kylie and Josh descended on one of the empty pool tables while Curtis and Max took a dart board for themselves.

While the others played a doubles eight ball Max and Curtis talked.

"So is your arm doing well?" Max asked as he tried to line up a bull’s-eye.

"It's doing really well, I had some issues with weakness and muscle diminishment but I'm getting back on track." Curtis said as he held up his formerly injured arm, Max noted it did look a little smaller than it was before.

"Happy to hear it. How are...your parents?" Max asked carefully and Curtis smiled.

"Same as always, cold, unfeeling, emotionless assholes. I think they liked you though." Curtis said as he threw his dart.

"No offense but how could you tell?" Max asked and Curtis laughed.

"They looked at you; they ignored everyone else, even Tucker." Curtis replied as he watched Tucker sink a shot.

"Wow...I don't know how you could live like that. I mean, are they always that...cold?" Max was curious.

"Yep, they've always been like that, I don't know why. Personally I think they have some sort of shared mental disorder that prevents them from showing emotion but that's just me." Curtis said and Max felt bewildered.

"Dude, you are nothing like them, you're not adopted are you?" Max asked and Curtis laughed again.

"Not that I know of. I just made up my mind as a kid that I wasn't going to be like that. I've always been like this." Curtis replied and Max nodded, he could understand that.

As the clock clicked closer to ten the club started to empty and the six of them decided it was time to go. They parted in the parking lot after retrieving their coats and Max's robe.

Once again they were trapped in Kylie's little car and Max found himself wishing that Josh didn't have to go home. He was looking forward to his Ceremony when he got home but...he didn't like not having Josh around.

They kissed goodbye before Josh got out of the car and Max smiled at him.

"You're staying with me tomorrow night." Max said and Josh smiled in agreement.

Max leaned back in the seat and watched as Josh walked up to his house and disappear inside.

                                                            *         *         *

Josh rolled over and clicked on the lamp on his nightstand. Looking over at the clock, nearly midnight, it was late but he couldn't sleep. He felt a little empty, lying in bed alone without Max, he didn't really realize until recently how dependent he had become on Max. He had gotten used to sleeping in Max's arms.

He pushed the cover off of him and swung his long, pale legs over the side of the bed. Scrubbing one hand through his short black hair and absently scratching his bare chest with the other he stood up and stumbled over to his backpack and pulled out one of the books Max had given him to study.

Sitting down at his desk he turned on his desk lamp and read the info on the back cover. A basic guide to modern Wiccan beliefs and practices. He opened it and read through the introduction.

As he read he couldn't help but feel a little closer to Max, he knew this was a big part of Max's life, learning about something that Max held so close made him smile.

After reading through the first chapter, ' Concepts of Deity', he closed the book and headed downstairs for a drink, noticing how dry his throat was. He hadn't bothered putting on anything other than his boxers, not expecting anyone to be up.

"You know I still remember the days when you were so shy you wouldn't even wear shorts, only long pants and jeans." His moms’ voice caused him to jump and nearly drop his glass.

His felt his whole body blush as he turned around to see her leaning against the refrigerator in her bathrobe...which made him feel more self conscious.

"Well...I'm still shy...I just didn't think anyone would be up." Josh mumbled as he sidled sideways behind the island, concealing his lower body.

"Neither did I. I'm always up at this time though. I don't know why. It's sort of become a ritual for me. Wake up, come get a drink of water, go back to bed. What brings you down here?" She asked as she came around to the other side of the island.

"I haven't been able to get to sleep since I got home. I've been reading for the last half an hour or so. I came down for a drink too." Josh replied with a smile.

Emma smiled as she raised her own glass to him in a salute. Josh did the same and smiled.

"What were you reading?" She asked as she leaned sideways, her chin resting in her hand.

"A book Max gave me on Wicca." Josh said off hand, missing the curious look she gave him.

"Really?" She asked and Josh heard the worry in her voice, it was hard not to roll his eyes.

"Yea, our friend Kylie shares similar beliefs and me and Frank were getting a little tired of not understanding what they were talking about when it comes up. We're both trying to learn some more. Don't worry, I don't plan on converting." Josh knew what she was thinking.

That whole thing with Max going off his meds because of the fight they had had brought up a well of issues for his folks. They were worried about how fast the two of them were moving, were afraid that Josh might *lose himself* in Max.

Josh knew he was screwed up in the head a little bit but he wasn't going to stop being his own person just because he was in love with Max, he needed Max sure, but he still had his own mind, own beliefs and ideas.

"Well maybe when you're done with the book I could borrow it. I think it would be fascinating." She replied and Josh suppressed a cocky grin; this was her way of apologizing.

"I don't think he'd mind. He loaned me three of them actually, if you want you can read one of them and we could compare notes after we both read all three of them." Josh said with a little sarcasm, he meant the first part, just not the comparing notes bit.

"Oh I think that is a marvelous idea, we could even get your father in on it." She replied and Josh choked on the drink he was taking, swallowing an ice cube in the process.

Josh just glared evilly at her as he tried to clear his throat, Emma just smiled. She sat her glass down in the sink and walked upstairs.

"She's evil." Josh thought to himself as he walked back up to his room. He felt like he could finally get some sleep.

                                                            *         *         *

Max folded the plain black shirt and pants carefully and placed them on the shelf in his closet, he would wash them tomorrow. Max had never been much for robes and the like so he chose simple, plain clothing to do his ceremonies in; clothing that was used only for that purpose.

He fell back on the bed and closed his eyes, he was a little tired but he felt wonderful. There was a feeling humming through his body he only felt during or after a Ceremony celebrating a Sabbat or Esbat.

His Ceremony had gone perfectly; it had been far too long since he worked one. Silently he resolved to change that. His practices had gone down substantially over the last year, life had been hectic and he had let them slide. He wouldn't be doing that anymore.

It was past midnight and Max sat up and walked across the room and turned the light off before curling up in bed and pulling the pillow that had come to be Josh's to his chest. He couldn't wait for Wednesday after school.

TO BE CONTINUED...

*****************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************

Well I hope yall liked this chapter. As always I need to give a big thanks to Rush for her work in editing. I’d love to get your thoughts so feel free to drop me a PM, an email at allenarcane88@yahoo.com, leave me a review to check out my discussion forum. I read and respond to everything.

Discussion Forum Link
http://www.gayauthors.org/forums/topic/25049-max-and-josh/

  

Copyright © 2014 NightOwl88; All Rights Reserved.
  • Like 6
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this story. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new chapters.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

not sure how long ago this was written. started reading the chapters a day or so ago and have gotten wrapped up in the story. to be honest its nice to have a chapter end where i'm not sitting on the edge of my chair wondering what comes next. i think if i had to read it a chapter at a time it would drive me nuts. very well written.

Link to comment

I have to agree with KaimukiMan I was so wrapped up in these chapters that I haven't reviewed them for awhile. Cliff hangers will do that to you lol

I love this story, how Josh and Max, Kylie and Frank and Fay are always there for each other now. Tucker and Chris, am so glad he is recovering. I don't blame everyone's over reaction to Tom one bit, but if he truly is trying to change then I am proud of him but with his reaction to the Disco he has one big problem, he may not even realize it - he is infatuated with Max, not good. Also the mysterious James, you haven't touched on that again so does that mean he has calmed down or are we in for more surprises from that little maniac? He is trouble with a capital T

It is brilliantly written this story owl well done. I can't like anymore as I have done my quota for the day but know it is very much

Link to comment

Cool costumes monk and a vampire haha too funny. Tom is starting to heal a bit or rather at least he is trying I just hope something at home doesn't set him off. Haven't heard much from Fleet lately or Clark. I don't think that's a good thing either and James hasn't been around.. I think this is the calm before the storm.

Link to comment
On 07/16/2013 05:02 PM, Sonya said:
I have to agree with KaimukiMan I was so wrapped up in these chapters that I haven't reviewed them for awhile. Cliff hangers will do that to you lol

I love this story, how Josh and Max, Kylie and Frank and Fay are always there for each other now. Tucker and Chris, am so glad he is recovering. I don't blame everyone's over reaction to Tom one bit, but if he truly is trying to change then I am proud of him but with his reaction to the Disco he has one big problem, he may not even realize it - he is infatuated with Max, not good. Also the mysterious James, you haven't touched on that again so does that mean he has calmed down or are we in for more surprises from that little maniac? He is trouble with a capital T

It is brilliantly written this story owl well done. I can't like anymore as I have done my quota for the day but know it is very much

Hello Soyna, its good to see you again.

 

I guess I should apologize for the cliffs, I do seem to have some sort of an obsession with them.

It means so much to me to hear that someone loves me work. It's still actually a bit surreal for me to be honest. My little Crew does mean a lot to each other and look out for each other, it's what family does after all.

 

I think the reactions to Tom were probably about as real as I could have hoped for. I also assure that Tom really is trying to change, as to his infatuation with Max...well I can't comment on that just yet.

 

As to James, I wish that I could give some hints on what he is up to but I can't just yet. He WILL be making an appearance shortly though.

 

I want to thank you again for reviewing, it means lot to me.

 

best,

Owl

Link to comment
View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..