Jump to content
    NightOwl88
  • Author
  • 8,100 Words
  • 3,858 Views
  • 3 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

Max and Josh - 19. Meetings

Disclaimer: This story includes sexual and romantic situations between consenting individuals. Any allusion to illicit or illegal activity, sexual or otherwise, is used only for enhancement of the story line and not promotion thereof. Remember AIDS, HIV and other STDs are a very real threat, please always practice safe sex.

I can prove copyright on this story so please don't copy or remove this story for personal use without my permission.
*****************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************

Max and Josh 19: Meetings

"So what are you guys doing for Thanksgiving next week?" Kylie asked as the four of them sat in Max's living room after school on Wednesday.

"My grandparents are coming up around the twenty-second and staying with mom and me. If we can't set something up with Josh's parents and grandparents will probably just be the four of us." Max said as smiled up at Josh.

The two of them were on the couch together, Max stretched out with his head resting on Josh's lap.

Kylie and Frank were sitting together on the love seat, since the Halloween Dance at Clubz two weeks prior the two of them had become almost as inseparable as Max and Josh.

"Yea my folks and I really like the idea but their worried about how Grandpa will react. My Aunt and cousins all have plans so they won't be coming down for the holiday." Josh said as he ran his hand up under the front of Max's shirt, palming his taut stomach. Josh had been missing his and Max's afternoons together the last three days.

Max had worked on both Monday and Tuesday for the PCH, one of the other volunteers was sick on Monday and Mrs. Reeves asked Max to stand in.

"What about you Kylie?" Frank asked as he wrapped an arm around her shoulders.

"Ugh we're having this huge family dinner. My dad is flying in my Grandmother and my Uncles and their kids. I love my Grandmother but the rest I could live without. My Uncles are assholes and their kids are pure evil." Kylie said with disdain and the other's nodded in sympathy.

"What about you baby?" She asked as she cuddled up with Frank.

"Eh usually we don't do anything special, it’s just me and dad after all. He's invited his buddy Paul over this year to watch football with us. We'll probably buy a couple of those turkey loaf things and cook'em, nothing special." Frank said with a shrug

"Who's Paul?" The three of them asked in unison, making them all laugh.

"He's a guy dad met at the factory. I've only met him once or twice but he's a nice guy. He's even got dad going back to working out. They go down to the YMCA every other day before and after work." Frank said with a smile.

"It sounds like he likes his new job." Josh said with a smug little smile, it had been his idea for Frank's dad to apply at his dad's factory.

"Like, are you joking, he loves it. He gets to work the Chromer, which he finds fascinating for some reason. He came home after the first day talking about it, how many new folks he's got to meet. I swear it was like a kid coming home from his first day of school. I’m happy about it though, I've never really known dad to have a lot of friends before." Frank said with a smile and the others laughed.

"Hey Max, don't you have an Aunt and Uncle in Chicago still, do they ever come down for the holidays?" Kylie asked and Max shook his head.

"Nope, they haven't come around me or mom since I came out and I don’t think Mamaw or Papaw has seen them in a few years either. I don't really miss them, Uncle Chuck is a real prick and Aunt Ellen always just followed his lead. I miss Mark though." Max said sadly and Josh started to rub little circles on his stomach with his thumb.

"What's Mark like?" Kylie asked gently and Max smiled.

"I don't know what he's like now but when we were kids he was great. Smart, sharp as a tack, He loved riddles and word puzzles. Cute kid, even though he takes after Chuck, bright red hair, freckly. We were practically brothers; he's only a few months younger than me." Max said with a reminiscent smile.

"You still think about him a lot?" Frank asked quietly. He could understand Max's feelings toward Mark better than the others; he had felt that about his cousin Dex before he died.

"At least once a day yea. I miss him, but I know they'd never let me talk to him." Max said and with a little half-smile.

"I bet he thinks about you just as often." Josh said encouragingly.

"I hope so." Max said with a shrug.

It was easy for Josh to sense that Max was slipping back into the past, into painful memories that were likely to depress him for days on end, and immediately changed the subject.

"I heard that Mr. Fleet was called into the office on Monday, you know anything about that Max?" Josh asked and Max grinned.

"Yep I do. It turns I'm not the only student that Fleet has been giving a hard time to. He's been put on administrative probation because of it. If he screws up or gets more valid complaints put against him in the next six months he gets fired." Max said with a satisfied smile.

"How do you know?" Kylie asked and Max smiled wider.

"A representative from the School Board called mom to let her know since I was the first person to file a formal complaint against him. They didn't want her to take further action against them." Max replied and the others smiled.

"He has been somewhat more subdued this week, which is pretty cool I guess." Frank said and the others agreed.

"Yea but it won't last. Guys like Fleet don't just start acting right because they're told to; they have to want to change. I'm willing to bet he won't last three months, let alone six. I mean I'm not going to try and bait him or anything, I just know he hasn't really changed." Kylie said confidently.

The others agreed with her but didn't bother to continue to discuss the matter.

                                                           *         *         *

"You haven't made a decision on having the Calvin's over for Thanksgiving yet Aaron." Shannon said as she looked up from the crossword puzzle she was working on to address her husband.

"Because I don't know, Shannon." Aaron said with exasperation as he looked over the top of the book he was reading.

"There isn't a whole lot to consider dear, you either say yes or say no. It's not a difficult choice." Shannon said as she set her puzzle book aside.

"Can you honestly tell me that you want them to come here Shannon; that you want to have that boy in this house?" Aaron asked as he closed his book with a snap.

"If you are referring to Max than yes I would like to have him here, I would like to have him and his mother as well as Maxwell and his wife here too. I thought that you were over this." Shannon said with exasperation.

"Over it? How can I be over it?" Aaron said as he tossed up his hands and pushed himself out of the chair and paced around the room.

Shannon too got up and caught her husband in his pacing.

"So what, all that you told Josh was a lie, you aren't trying to get over your issues. Would you even be having him back in the house if I hadn't ridden you all those days to talk to him?" Shannon asked angrily and Aaron looked deeply affronted.

"I love my Grandson Shannon; of course I want him here. I can't believe that you could even ask me that question." Aaron said equally as angry at his wife, but Shannon didn't back down.

"Then explain it to me why you're hesitating about having the Calvin's over, none of the rest of our family is coming, just Joshua, Emma and Josh. It's not like Max hasn't been here before." Shannon said, it was true, though he had only been there once or twice, and never for any length of time.

"It's different now." Aaron said petulantly.

"Different now because you know something is different, it's you perception that is different. Nothing else. You told Josh that you loved him, no matter what, so do this for him, it would mean the world to him. Swallow your pride and do it for him." Shannon said as she gripped her husbands’ hands, looking up at him gently.

"I'll... I'll consider it Shannon." Aaron said and pulled away and sat back down in his chair and picked up his book.

Shannon gave it up for the time being and stepped out onto the back patio, needing the crisp air.

                                                           *         *         *

Max came home the Tuesday before Thanksgiving to find a blue mini-van parked in the drive way.

His confusion gave over to elation when he saw the Kentucky license plate. Max grabbed his pack and raced up to the door.

Max came to a shocked halt though once he opened his door. His eyes immediately locked onto the only figure that was visible, his Grandfather sitting on the couch, his left arm in a blue sling.

Max moved into the room, his mind going a mile a minute, numerous ideas and scenarios flashed through his mind; wandering what happened to the older man, his idol. He wondered what exactly was wrong, if he was in pain, if he was hurt anywhere else, and if anything had happened to his Grandmother.

"Papaw." Max said absently, causing the older Calvin man to look up from the book he was reading one handedly.

"You're so much like your grandmother when she gets concerned over me." Maxwell said with a smile as he stood up and pulled his grandson into a one armed hug. Max returned the gesture immediately, thought taking great care of his apparent injured arm.

Without realizing what he was doing Max held the older man tighter and snuggled his head down against his shoulder, which made Maxwell chuckle a bit.

"So much like your Grandmother." He said as he pulled away from his Grandson.

"What happened, are you OK, is Mamaw alright; is she here?" Max asked in a rush as he followed the older man back to the couch.

"I'm fine and yes your grandmother is here, she up taking a shower. As for what happened, it's nothing thrilling. We had a bit of a storm blow in Monday night and it knocked out the power. I was on the stairs at the time and I tripped and dislocated my shoulder. A few days in a sling and I'll be OK." Maxwell said and Max nodded, still worrying about his grandpa.

Before they could settle into talk though, Max's grandma appeared at the top of the stairs and with a smile he ran to meet her as she walked downstairs.

"Who is this handsome devil standing in front of me?" She said in mock surprise.

"I don't know, who is this remarkably young, beautiful woman standing on my staircase?" Max asked as he suddenly scooped the silver haired woman up into his arms and carried her down the rest of the stairs.

"I swear you are a silver tongued devil." Caroline giggled as Max carried her effortlessly over to the couch and sat her down next to her husband, kissing her forehead as he did so.

"I learned from observing the master." Max said with a smile as he ruffled his grandpas’ short silver hair.

"It's a family trait." Maxwell said proudly as he hugged his wife close to him.

"Indeed it is, and I bet your new lover enjoys those sweet nothings you're able to spin." Caroline said and Max blushed.

"Mamaw." Max cried embarrassedly.

"Oh no, don't you dare try and get out of it. I have months of teasing to get in in just a few days because I am sure your Grandfather didn't do ANY when he was up here last month." Caroline said with an evil little smile as she straightened the hair band that kept the long gray hair out of her eyes.

"Now, now Caroline, don't go embarrassing the boy all up front," He said and Max smiled appreciatively. "Wait till the boys are together, they're so much cuter blushing together." Maxwell finished and Max looked stunned.

"Yea, thanks a lot Gramps." Max said sarcastically as he got up and went over to the kitchen to take his medication.

"So what are you planning for this evening?” Caroline asked Max as she fussed over her husbands’ sling, making sure it was comfortable.

"I dunno, in about an hour and half I have to head back to the school. It's my night to work on the PCH." Max said as he pulled the skim milk out the fridge and his protein powder out of the cabinet.

"Working on what?" Maxwell asked looking confused.

"Oh I forgot to fill you in on that when you were here in October," Max said with a laugh as he mixed the chocolate flavored powder with the milk,” It stands for Peer Councilors Hotline. It's a hotline the school sets up for students to call in and talk their problems over with other students.

The logic behind it is that someone is more likely to open up to someone within in their same age group. I work on Tuesdays from five to seven." Max said he lifted his glass in a little salute before chugging it down.

"So you all work as therapists, isn't that a little risky?" Caroline asked, worrying about her Grandson's wellbeing.

"Not really, the callers don't get our real names and before they get connected to someone they have to listen to a disclaimer on how we're just students, not licensed shrinks. We're not to dole out diagnosis or anything, just listen and offer advice. We also have guidelines and if any of the callers fall into them we are to suggest they seek professional help. We have several therapists that are working pro bono with us." Max said as he rinsed out his glass and put the milk away.

"It sounds like a great way to spend the evening Max. Have you ever had anyone...serious...call in?" Maxwell asked and Max crossed his fingers behind the counter before answering.

"Oh no, not really. A few parental issues, some worries about sex. One person was new to the school and worried about fitting in. Nothing major though." Max lied uneasily, he really hated lying to his family like this.

"Do you enjoy working on the hotline?" Caroline asked as Max sat down with them. He hoped they wouldn't ask him anything else he needed to lie about, he couldn't cross his fingers in front of them.

"Oh yea, I love it. You guys know I've always had a thing about helping people. I think I'm pretty good at it actually. Mrs. Reeves, she's the Social Studies teacher and runs the PCH, has promised me a letter of recommendation when I go to college, you know I'm planning to study psychology." Max said and Caroline and Maxwell looked very happy.

"We always knew you'd go far Max, we're glad you've found something to be passionate about so early in life." Caroline said and Maxwell nodded his agreement.

Together the three of them spent the next hour or so talking to each other, Max and his Grandma hadn't seen each other since last Christmas so it was nice for the two of them to catch up.

"So I am cooking dinner tonight," Caroline said as she got up and went into the kitchen, "Is there any chance I can meet Josh tonight?" She asked and max blushed.

"Um, no, not tonight. We've agreed that since I work on the PCH on Tuesday's that he'd spent the evening with his folks. You can tomorrow though." Max said as he fought the urge to be embarrassed.

"That reminds me Max, have the Mathew's said anything about celebrating the holiday with us this year? You mentioned that Josh had pitched when we talked a few weeks ago." Maxwell said and Max blanched noticeably, there was no way his Grandpa had missed that.

"Max what are you hiding?" Maxwell asked and Caroline looked at him appraisingly. He really hated that they could tell when he was lying.

"Josh pitched the idea to his folks just after Halloween, who pitched it to his grandparents. His Grandmother likes the idea but...but no decision has been made yet." Max said, doing his best to conceal a LITTLE bit of the truth.

"You say Shannon likes the idea, what about Aaron?" Maxwell asked, a frown deepening the wrinkles on his face.

"I...I don't know, not fully....but it doesn't take much imagination to figure it out." Max said as he looked down at his shoes.

"I thought you said that Aaron had made up with Josh, that's what your grandfather was telling me." Caroline said looking a little bewildered.

"They have, they're having dinner every week again and everything. I dunno what's going on. Josh's grandma is being tight lipped about it...and his folks censoring what they say about it. Trust me; he's not happy about the situation." Max said in a rush and Maxwell nodded.

Max could tell what his Grandpa was thinking, because it was the same thing that had been on his mind as well. If Josh was on good terms with his Grandpa, if they were back to having dinner together then why did the idea of their two families sharing the holiday cause him to hesitate?

The only reason that he could think of was because Max would be there. Max had no intention of telling his Grandpa what Aaron had told Josh, that he didn't understand or like the fact that Josh was gay. He was afraid of what the older man would do.

"Well son, you'd best be going, your shift starts in about twenty minutes." Maxwell said quietly

"Yea you're right. I'll see you in a few hours." Max said as he got up and gave his Grandparents a kiss on their foreheads.

                                                           *         *         *

Josh absently bounced the old black and red super ball up and down in front of him as he tried to remember the answers to the English test he was going to be taking after Thanksgiving. He knew he had time to study, they got the Wednesday and Friday before and after the holiday off, the holiday itself and then the weekend but he couldn't help it. He needed something to distract him.

Josh knew that some people thought he was a little slow, he was often quiet and reserved around people he didn't know too well, but he wasn't. Josh knew there was a lot more to the situation with his Grandpa than he was being told by his parents and Grandma.

Since their talk, life had gone back to almost normal where his Grandfather was concerned. They had started their family dinners again on Friday night and he had even started spending an evening or two a week at their house playing Rummy or Dominoes with them.

It was during one of their game nights that he brought up how Mr. Calvin had mentioned spending Thanksgiving together. At the time his Grandfather had seemed to like the idea but said that they would have to wait until they heard from his aunts about their plans.

It turned out his aunts all had plans with their own little branch of the family and wouldn't be coming down until Christmas. Josh and his folks had thought that it would be perfect. They could spend the holiday with the Calvin's and Josh wouldn't have to worry about coming out to his family at large at such a large event.

His Grandfather hadn't given his consent though. Since his Grandparents house was larger they always held their family and holiday celebrations there and they didn't want to effectively invite an entire family over to their house without knowing it was OK with his Grandparents, both of them.

"Penny for your thoughts." The voice shocked Josh, making him miss his catch and let the super ball go bouncing across the room to come to rest in front of his Grandmother.

"Hey Grandma," Josh said as he got up from his desk chair to offer it to her, "Not much, just trying to review some English, I have a test next week." He said as he sat down on his bed.

"You have plenty of time to study than; it sounds like you're fishing for a distraction." His grandmother replied as she sat down in his desk chair.

"You know that it is IMPOSSIBLE to keep a secret in this family?" Josh said as he shook his head, he was smiling though.

"We're intuitive, it's a family trait. You're just not confident enough to use it." Shannon said in a matter-of-fact way.

Josh wanted to protest her statement but he knew it would be pointless, she was right after all.

"I was just thinking about Grandpa and this whole Thanksgiving debacle I seemed to have brought up. Do you think it was too soon to bring it up Grandma, I mean he just found out about me, and we just made up over it. Was introducing him to Max and Max's family too big of a step, should I have waited?" Josh asked feeling a little manic. That had been one of the questions that had been plaguing him recently, had he moved too fast, should he have waited, should he withdraw the invitation completely? He just wasn't sure what to do.

"Honestly honey I don't know. Maybe it was too soon and maybe it wasn't. You can't really take that into account now, the subject has been broached and we have to see it through." She replied and Josh nodded.

"So what do I do now? Should I take it back and let it slide?" Josh asked and Shannon gave him a considering look.

"What do you want to happen Josh?' She asked in lieu of answering his question.

"I want Grandpa to say yes. I want us to be able to spend the day with Max and his family. I really like Max's Grandpa and I know that he and Gramps were friends once upon a time. I just want us all to be able to get along." Josh replied and his Grandma nodded.

"And what do you think you should do?" She asked, she was never one to give out direct answers. When Joshua and his sisters had been younger and came to her with a problem instead of solving it for them she would ask questions that made them think of their problem, she would lead them to the answer that was right for them instead of giving her own.

"I think...I think I should call the whole thing off," Josh said heavily, "I'll call Max tonight when he gets home from the PCH and I'll talk to Grandpa tomorrow. Maybe it was too soon or maybe it wasn't but the real fact of the mater is simple, I don't want Grandpa to feel forced into anything and I can't help but feel that he will if the subject gets pushed." Josh finished and Shannon looked at her Grandson with a smile, he was really coming into his own after so many years of shyness and uncertainty.

"That is a very mature decision. How do you think Max and his family will take the news?" She asked, this wasn't one of her leading questions, she was truly curious.

"Max and his Mom will understand, I'm sure of that," Josh decided to leave out that Max might be a bit angry over it...no one was going to find out about Max's occasional anger issue from him unless it became a problem, "His Grandparents though, I don't know about. Mr. Calvin is very level headed and understanding but I don't know about his wife. I assume she will take it well though." Josh finished as he walked over and picked up his stray super ball, remembering belatedly that it had been a gift from his grandpa as a kid.

"You'll have to be very careful about how you talk with your Grandfather; you don't want him to feel attacked or upset after all." Shannon said and Josh nodded, he understood.

It may have been a familial issue but to Josh it was also a personal one, he had started it and now he had to finish it and make sure that all parties concerned were taken care of.

For once in his life Josh actually felt like he had everything under control.

                                                           *         *         *

Max didn't know whether to be happy or sad over Josh's phone call. He was always happy to speak to his lover but it was the topic of the call that had him a little upset. It turns out that Aaron Mathews was having some pretty heavy issues with the idea of spending the upcoming holiday with Max and his family and Josh had decided that it would be best just to scrap the idea before it went much farther.

Max understood Josh's position and agreed but he couldn't help the twinge of frustration and even anger.

He wasn't completely sure where his hostility was coming from but he couldn't help it. As he lay in bed he tried to work it out in his mind, something he had never been too good at doing when it came to his anger.

Part of his anger he knew was an extension of his current dislike of Aaron Mathews. Despite what he had told Josh, he hadn't completely forgiven the man for what he had said to Josh when he found out about the two of them, and his feelings were dubious concerning their make-up.

He was glad that Josh's family was on speaking terms again but he couldn't help have a sense of unease about the man. He had boldly admitted that he disliked the fact that his grandson was gay. Max didn't understand how you could claim to love someone and yet pick and choose things about them that you liked.

Another thing that angered him, and he felt unbelievably selfish and foolish because of it, was the feeling of being singled out. He felt as if the only reason that Aaron Mathews was hesitating was because he was going to be there.

When he'd come home that night from the PCH he had spoken to his Grandparents some more and found out that his Grandpa had been talking with Aaron regularly since his last visit and that they were getting along very well, and that Aaron had even asked to meet his Grandmother on their next visit.

Max was sure that that wasn't the case but he couldn't seem to convince himself of that, the thought continued to plague him and the entire situation seemed even more frustrating.

The only thing that drowned out his frustration was the worry of how his grandparents would take the news, especially his Grandpa. Max knew that the Sr. Calvin had been hoping a joint holiday celebration would go a long way to heal rifts in both families, as well as serve as a way to form new ties between them since they were going to be connected now.

He didn't want his Grandfather to be angry over the situation. If was a trait of the Calvin men, they had tempers and got angry easy; they were good about controlling it though.

With that in mind Max had offered to talk to his Grandparents about Josh's decision for him but Josh adamantly refused. Max had to smile at that, Josh's self assurance and confidence had been growing by leaps and bounds recently. Max was proud of the progress his lover was making.

Max rolled off of his bed and went over to his book case, looking for something that be would helpful in taking his mind off of everything.

He decided that re-reading the Lord of the rings books would be a good use of his time so he pulled 'The Hobbit' off the shelf and went back over to his bed.

                                                           *         *         *

Josh sat at the small table his Grandfather had set up in his study. The two of them were playing a game of dominoes when Josh broached the topic he had been sitting on all morning.

"So mom is coming over tonight to drop off the turkey for Grandma to cook, she says our oven isn't big enough, and I was wondering if you guys had any sage. Mom is letting me make the stuffing this year." Josh said as he matched his double blank domino to a blank on the table.

"You're coming over tomorrow then?" Aaron asked stiffening up a bit; Josh knew what he was thinking.

"Of course we are, where else would we go?" Josh asked as he motioned to the table. Aaron looked it over and passed his turn.

"What are your friends doing for the holiday?" He asked as Josh laid a double six next to one of his pieces.

Josh went through what Kylie and Frank were doing for the holiday before he came to Max.

"Max's Grandparents are up from Kentucky so they're spending the day together just like us." Josh said nonchalantly as he watched his grandpa play a six and two domino against his double six.

"So...that's it then?" Aaron asked, he sounded a little angry and Josh looked up to him. It was important to him that his Grandpa not feel threatened or attacked because of the situation.

"Yea, that’s it. I figured that it was too soon to be doing a joint family celebration thing. Max and his Grandpa just started talking again and I know you and Grandma are still adjusting to our new situation so I figured it could wait." Josh said easily, he had been practicing his speech since the night before.

When Aaron didn't respond Josh picked up his last domino and matched it to his own double blank.

"I win Gramps; it’s your turn to shuffle." Josh said as he flipped over all of the dominoes on the table and was surprised when his Grandpa pushed his own dominoes back into the pile and began to shift them around.

"Is the sage all you need? Aaron asked as he and Josh pulled their dominoes out of the pile and set to setting up a pattern.

"Yea that’s all I need, we have everything else I need to make it. I really liked the stuffing grandma made last year; I hope that mine can be almost as good." Josh said as he laid another double blank onto the table.

They continued their game for a few more hours until Shannon came in and asked Josh if he would be staying for lunch.

"I can't, I promised Max I would come over for lunch. I still need to pay my dues by meeting Mrs. Calvin Sr. I just hope she likes me." Josh said as he stood up and reached for his jacket.

"She's going to love you." Shannon said as she hugged her only Grandson.

"What's not to love?" Aaron said as he gave Josh a one armed hug.

"Thanks a lot you two. I'll see you tomorrow." Josh said as he hugged his Grandparents then took off to meet Max.

                                                           *         *         *

Max was drumming his fingers nervously on the kitchen counter as he waited for Josh to arrive. He was nervous as hell. He knew his grandmother would love Josh but he was so worried about what Josh was going to say to them, about Thanksgiving. He didn't want his grandparents upset or offended or angry.

"Maxwell, what is wrong with you?" His grandmothers’ voice snapped him out of his musings, he looked around but found that his Grandfather wasn't in the room, she was talking to him.

"Nothing, I'm fine." Max said with a smile, he really didn't want to tell her the real reason.

"You're lying darling, but that’s OK. I get the feeling that we'll find out soon enough." Caroline said and at that moment the doorbell decided to ring.

"Oooh, I'll get it." Caroline said as she nearly ran to the door, looking like a much younger woman as she went.

Max came into the door's line of view and just stood back as his grandmother opened the door.

Max smiled as Josh was pulled into the house, he didn't even have a chance to introduce himself.

"Oh, it is simply wonderful to meet you; my grandson and Deborah have told me so much about you." She said as she hugged the bemused looking Josh.

"It's very nice to meet you too Mrs. Calvin, I've heard a lot about you too." Josh said as he finally returned Caroline's hug.

Once Caroline let go she held Josh's face in her hands and looked him over. Her gaze flickering between his eyes, down to his slight smile and then up to his forehead. Max could tell that Josh was confused but he knew what she was doing, she was searching his face.

That’s how Max had learned to read people, by watching his Grandmother. She could read things about people, read it in their face or body language that had always fascinated him.

Seemingly satisfied she nodded slightly and let Josh go and walked over to the staircase.

"Maxwell," She called loudly, making both boys jump at the volume, "Josh is here, get down here!"

Max just shook his head as he walked over to Josh and smiled at him as he pulled in for a quick kiss. It wasn't quick enough though, the second their lips met they heard the click of a shutter snap, saw the flash of light through their closed eyes. Both of them blushed as they pulled apart to see the digital camera in Caroline's hands.

"You like? It's a Canon Powershot S3 IS. I got it used from Amazon for around two hundred." She said proudly and Max wanted to kick himself, he knew he should have expected that.

Max pulled Josh over to the loveseat after relieving him of his jacket. As they sat down they saw Maxwell coming down the stairs.

"I see Caroline has pulled out the camera, how many has she gotten of you two so far?" He asked as he sat down on the sofa with his wife.

"Just one but it is such a beauty." She said as she turned the camera to view mode and showed him the picture, both boys blushed as he smiled at the picture of them kissing.

"How have you been since I was here last Josh?" Maxwell asked and for some reason Josh blushed at being addressed by the older man.

"I've been good Mr. Calvin; I've been looking for something to fill my spare time. I usually swim during the fall and winter but I didn't qualify for the team this year so I'm looking for a hobby." Josh said somewhat sadly, he hadn't maintained his form over the summer so his times were off.

"You should look into photography; it's a wonderful way to pass the time." Caroline piped up and Josh smiled, Max knew he had considered taking up photography a few years ago.

Josh agreed, smiling. He and Caroline spent a few moments discussing cameras and photography in general as Max and his grandfather looked on with a smile.

"So Josh, can you possibly tell us why Max is so nervous this afternoon?" Caroline asked Josh at a pause in the conversation and Max bit his lower lip gently.

"I think it might be because of the news I've come here to talk with you about." Josh said bravely.

"And what would that be?" Maxwell asked, suddenly a bit stern.

"Well I know you mentioned about our families celebrating Thanksgiving together, and I mentioned the idea to my parents and Grandparents. After a lot of discussion though...it's been decided that it isn't really a good idea just yet." Josh said carefully, trying to prevent placing blame on his grandfather.

"I get the feeling that you're leaving something out Josh, but neither of us is going to pry." Caroline said and Maxwell opened his mouth to say something but Caroline smacked his chest with the back of her hand and he quickly closed his mouth.

"Come on babe, let’s go make lunch." Max said as he stood up and pulled Josh with him.

"What are you thinking of Max?" Josh asked once they were in the kitchen.

"I'm thinking a big salad, with grilled chicken, tomatoes, and I think I might have some croutons left in the cabinet." Max said with a smile and Josh nodded his agreement.

"Sounds good. I kind of snacked over at my grandparents place so a salad sounds just right." Josh said and they heard Maxwell and Caroline agree from the kitchen.

The two of them set to work while Max's grandparents looked on. It wasn't anything difficult. Max put a few chicken breasts on the George Foreman grill his mother had bought and then started work on dicing tomatoes while Josh cut up a head and a half of lettuce.

As they worked, Maxwell and Caroline watched them quietly; they were happy to see that the boys worked well together in the kitchen. They talked quietly to each other as they watched the boys, it was easy to see that they cared for each other and the two of them were very happy for Max as well as Josh.

Seeing the happy couple together made them wish that they had more contact with their other Grandsons, they hadn't seen Mark since Max came out to the family and they hadn't seen Max's bother Eric in quiet a bit longer than that.

Soon lunch was done and the four of them were sitting at the dining room table eating and talking. It wasn't long before Caroline brought up the issue of family.

"Do you have any family nearby Josh, beside your grandparents?" She asked and Josh shook his head.

"No ma'am. My Aunt Marion and her family live in Detroit, my Aunt Erica and hers live in Texas; Uncle Nathan is stationed in Arlington, and Aunt Melanie and her bunch live in Cleveland. They don't get here too often, usually just for the family holidays. They're all busy this year so it’s just my parents and I and my Grandparents." Josh said and Caroline smiled.

"You have quite the family young man." She said and Josh smiled.

"Yes Ma'am. My dad is the youngest of his generation and I'm the baby of mine too. We're also the only males; all four of my cousins are girls." Josh said, his smile faltering a little at the realization that hit him.

Max had seen it though, and out of the corner of his eye he noticed that his grandparents had too.

Once lunch was finished Caroline decided that she needed some last minute supplies for dinner the following day and drug Maxwell off to the store, and Max was grateful for it.

"What's wrong baby boy?" Max asked as they sat together in the living room.

"I just...I got to thinking about my Grandpa, how obsessed he is with family. It just sort of hit me you know; I'm the ONLY male in my family. Grandpa was an only child so Dad doesn't have any cousins. None of my Aunts plan on having more kids, and my mom has never been able to conceive again. I just...I suddenly feel like I have this big weight on my shoulders." Josh said with a confused look on his face.

Max smiled sadly but wrapped his arms around his lover and pulled him close.

"Josh...Do you want to have kids with me some day?" Max asked and Josh looked him quizzically.

"I think you're lacking the right equipment for that." Josh joked and Max bumped his head against Josh's.

"You know what I mean smart ass," Max said as he kissed Josh's head, "Because I'm not opposed to the idea, I've always liked the idea of being a father, and there are plenty of Calvin men to fill up the ranks, so giving our kid the name Mathews wouldn't bother me either." Max said with a smile.

"You would really do that for me...for my family?" Josh asked, getting teary eyed.

"Josh I'd do anything to make you happy, I love you. Besides, I think you'd make a great father." Max said and Josh blushed.

"I dunno about that, but I'd like to find out...one day...with you." Josh said and Max leaned down and kissed him.

"Let's go upstairs." Max said as they pulled apart. Josh just smiled at him as they stood up and Max led them upstairs.

Once they were locked securely in Max's room they stripped each other of their clothing and fell back onto Max's bed.

Soon they were tangled up in each others limbs, kissing, licking and exploring each others bodies.

"I love you." Max whispered as he kissed his way down Josh's body till he reached Josh's hard cock.

"I love you too MA-aahh..." Josh drew out the A in Max's name, turning it into a deep moan as Max dove onto his cock, swallowing it till he had it all.

"Need you...please...don't stop..." Josh murmured as he tangled his hands in Max's hair, subconsciously guiding Max's movements.

Max had no intention of stopping, he tighten his lips around Josh's cock, lavishing his attention on the sensitive head each time he pulled up. He ran his hand over his lover's body, up to his chest and down his stomach.

Josh began to buck up into the wet heat of Max's mouth and Max hummed around the hard length of flesh in contentment. The combination of Max's mouth, the incessant hands and the vibrations put Josh over the edge; with a loud cry he came hard into Max's mouth.

Max swallowed every drop Josh had to offer, licking his lips as he pulled away from Josh's half hard cock.

Josh pulled his beautiful, strong Max up to him, swiping his tongue across Max's lips pressing his tongue into Max's mouth, tasting himself and his lover.

Before Max realized it Josh had rolled him over and pinned him to the bed. Max smiled and gave himself to Josh's attention, running his hands over the fuzzy stubble of Josh's hair. They had both missed the look so a few days after Halloween Josh had had it cut down again.

Max moaned in delight as Josh licked a long track across his chest and down his stomach, laughing gently when Josh dipped his tongue into his shallow navel. He smiled down at Josh, who smirked up at him before dipping lower, teasing Max's cock by trailing open mouthed kisses up and down the entire length before taking it in.

Max was in heaven; Josh knew just what to do to drive him crazy. He pulled up and flicked his tongue repeatedly along the underside of the head of Max's cock, making him moan and buck up into the warmth of Josh's mouth.

Max didn't last long once Josh swallowed him down again, with a strangled cry he pushed up, deeper into Josh's throat before he exploded. Josh mimicked Max's actions, licking his lips as he pulled away.

As the two lovers kissed and continued to gently explore each other's bodies they heard the front door close and the distant rumble of voices.

"Your grandparents are back." Josh said as he nuzzled Max's neck.

"Yea I know...I suppose we have to clean up and go back downstairs now?" Max asked with a pout that Josh kissed away.

"Yep, it’s the polite thing to do after, but it'll be OK. We have all weekend to play." Josh said as he ran his hands down Max's back and squeezed his muscular ass.

After a few more minutes of horsing around they got up and redressed and went downstairs.

"So what did you boys do while we were gone?" Caroline asked as she put away some of the groceries they had bought.

Both boys blushed as they attempted to formulate some sort of a story to tell her but they were saved, sort of, by Maxwell's interruption.

"Given that Max's shirt is on inside out do you really need them to answer dear?" He said and Max's hand flew to the back of his collar, feeling for and finding the tag of his shirt.

After a few moments the adults fell on each other laughing, Max and Josh chuckled weakly, blushing furiously.

                                                           *         *         *

Josh spent the evening in the kitchen with his dad, getting things ready for Thanksgiving lunch and dinner the next day. Josh was stewing butter, celery, onion and chicken broth, waiting for the celery to cook.

Joshua senior was washing and chopping up a bunch of little red potatoes. When they were ready they'd be boiled and mashed, skin still on, and poured into a Crock-pot to reheat the following day.

"So how did things go with Dad today, and with Max's Grandparents? Did his grandmother dislike you or did you stay up half the night pacing for nothing?" Joshua asked his son, who blushed a bit.

"How did you know I was up half the night?" Josh asked as he stirred his mixture, checking to see if the celery was still hard.

"You pace... a lot. Plus I heard you going up and down the stairs about three times." Joshua replied and Josh shook his head, he was terrible.

"Mrs. Calvin seemed to love me, she's really nice. We got to talking about photography, she's a photo buff." Josh said and his dad smiled.

"That’s good, so how did things go other wise?" His dad asked and Josh sighed.

"It went well. I talked to Grandpa and withdrew the invitation for the joint Dinner. He was kind of standoffish at first but I explained it...told him it was too early and everything." Josh said and his dad cocked an eye brow at him.

"And he believed that?" Joshua asked and Josh grinned.

"I hope so...I think he did. He smiled and we played dominoes." Josh said and his dad just shook his head, smiling.

"How did the Calvin's take it?" He asked and Josh froze.

Josh told him how he had explained his decision to Max's Grandparents, how he had kept his own Grandfathers name out of the mix.

"Do you think it was dishonest, you know, not mentioning the real reason behind things?" Josh asked, worried.

"No, I don't think so. You didn't lie after all, just omitted certain information. If they had asked you directly if it was related to your Grandfather then it could be considered dishonest, but not with how things worked out." Joshua and Josh smiled, relieved.

They continued to cook well into the evening, taking a break to make something for them to have for dinner. Josh's mother was staying over at his grandparents in order to cook the turkey.

It was a little later than usual when Josh went up to bed, but he was smiling as he went. He was looking forward to the holiday with his family the next day and to the coming weekend he'd be getting to spend with Max.

TO BE CONTINUED...

********************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************

Well I hope yall liked this chapter. As always I need to give a big thanks to Rush for her work in editing. I’d love to get your thoughts so feel free to drop me a PM, an email at allenarcane88@yahoo.com, leave me a review to check out my discussion forum. I read and respond to everything.

Discussion Forum Link

http://www.gayauthors.org/forums/topic/25049-max-and-josh/

Copyright © 2014 NightOwl88; All Rights Reserved.
  • Like 5
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this story. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new chapters.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

Sorry, I guess I am behind a couple of chapters. I think with all the changes to the site I didn't notice that you had added more chapters.

 

I still think you need to fire your editor :)

 

The Peer Counselors Hotline would be spelled like that. Councilors are people who sit on councils.

 

Now, to capitalization rules. You should capitalize grandfather or grandson when it is used to directly replace the person's name, not indirectly as when preceded by a possesive pronoun like your, my, his, etc. For example: "Go tell Grandfather supper is ready" vs "Go tell your grandfather supper is ready."

 

Okay, housekeeping issues are out of the way. I think Josh is being too easy on his grandfather. I can't imagine that if Josh were dating a Japanese or African American girl, people would be so tolerant of his attitude. I would have liked to see Josh step up and question the old boy a bit more; not attack him, just take a rational approach.

Link to comment
On 04/30/2011 06:56 AM, PrivateTim said:
Sorry, I guess I am behind a couple of chapters. I think with all the changes to the site I didn't notice that you had added more chapters.

 

I still think you need to fire your editor :)

 

The Peer Counselors Hotline would be spelled like that. Councilors are people who sit on councils.

 

Now, to capitalization rules. You should capitalize grandfather or grandson when it is used to directly replace the person's name, not indirectly as when preceded by a possesive pronoun like your, my, his, etc. For example: "Go tell Grandfather supper is ready" vs "Go tell your grandfather supper is ready."

 

Okay, housekeeping issues are out of the way. I think Josh is being too easy on his grandfather. I can't imagine that if Josh were dating a Japanese or African American girl, people would be so tolerant of his attitude. I would have liked to see Josh step up and question the old boy a bit more; not attack him, just take a rational approach.

Hey Tim, good to see you again. I promise that I'll lool into the errors, thanks for pointing them out. Maybe Josh is being a bit too easy on Grandpa Aaron but I suppose that this is just how it came out, at least for now. There might be more issues for him latter but I'm not sure. Thanks again for review, Best,Owl
Link to comment

Poor josh if he only realized everyone knows who is at fault for the disinvite. Specially the person who was at the root. Interesting about Fleet but I think kylie is generous I don't think he will even last three months.

Link to comment
View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..