Jump to content
    NightOwl88
  • Author
  • 9,237 Words
  • 6,360 Views
  • 8 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

Max and Josh - 6. Pleasure and pain

Disclaimer: This story includes sexual and romantic situations between consenting individuals. Any allusion to illicit or illegal activity, sexual or otherwise, is used only for enhancement of the story line and not promotion thereof. Remember AIDS, HIV and other STDs are a very real threat, please always practice safe sex.

I can prove copyright on this story so please don't copy or remove this story for personal use without my permission.
*****************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************
Max and Josh 06: Pleasure and Pain.

Frank watched the houses pass by as the bus sped down the road toward the school. Normally he would ride to school with Josh, but with the thoughts and feelings he was having he had decided he needed some time away from the guys; especially Max.

'He's gay, how am I going to deal with that?' Frank thought. At first he hadn't been very bothered by Max's confession, after all he had been expecting it, even with all the stuff he told himself. It wasn't until he was on his way home with Josh that he got to thinking about all the things that could happen.

He thought about all the stuff he would have to take for being Max's friend. The climate of the school had never been a particularly nice one when it came to the subject of homosexuality. Aside from Tom Moure there were numerous other students that made their dislike of gays well known, Tom was just the biggest and most outspoken of the bunch.

The teachers were another story. Most of the teachers, with the exception of a few, ignored the fact that gay students existed, even to the point of looking the other way when a fight or argument broke out.

One such incident happened during freshman year. A fight had erupted between Tom and his gang of thugs and several students who had come to the defense of a gay guy Tom had been picking on, and harassing the entire school year. The fight broke out in full view of several teachers and none of them interceded, it only ended when the guy Tom had been harassing in the first place managed to get away. After loosing his original target Tom decided the fight wasn't worth the effort, so he and his thugs left.

Other than the possible beatings, and the blind teachers, Frank had another problem; His dad.

His dad was a gruff man's man type of guy. He worked his ass off to keep a roof over their heads and had ever since his mom had died. Though his dad had never said anything negative about gays, he had never said anything positive either. But he wasn’t the type of guy that would let his only son hang around with a gay guy.

With everything running through his head Frank had decided the best course of action would be to take a break from his friendship with Max and since Josh had declared his support for Max he had to take a break from that relationship too, which was no easy task. He only shared a single class and the lunch period with Max, but he had nearly every other class with Josh.

That was something else he had been thinking about. The way Josh had been acting the past week had been different than normal. He noticed that when ever they were around Max that Josh couldn't keep his eye off him, and when they weren't around Max he was all he could talk about. He hadn't given it much thought at first, Josh had a kind of hero-worship thing for Max since the day they met, and after all Max had done to help him come out of his shell he could understand it.

Before they met Max Josh was a really shy, quiet guy. He had dated a few girls in Junior high and swam on the swim team, but even through all that he hardly ever spoke a word. Josh had always had this thing about how he wasn’t good enough, or that he was always doing something wrong, but since he had met Max that had been slowly changing.

Lately though it seemed as if Josh was taking any opportunity to be around Max, and he had become a lot more touchy-feely it was like every time he saw the two of them around each other that Josh had a hand on him in some way, brushing something off his clothes, an arm around his shoulder, and unless he was losing his mind he could have sworn he saw Josh checking Max out that night before diner.

“Not only I do have to deal with Max being gay but possibly Josh too.” Frank muttered to himself.

Frank was lost in his thoughts as the bus stopped and started unloading. He reached into his bag and pulled out an envelope addressed to Max. His mind flashed back to the night before when he was writing the letter, it made him sick to realize that he didn't have the guts to talk to Max face to face.

Frank slipped the note into his pocket as he got off the bus. After a quick glance around the parking lot to check for Max or Josh's cars he set off for Max's locker. Once he was there he did another quick glance around the hallway. Neither Max nor Josh were in sight and the students who were there didn't have time to notice him.

He slipped the letter into a gap under one of the hinges then walked away.

* * *

Max went down stairs to find his lunch packed and a note from his mom sitting on top of it. He stuffed the plastic container into the bottom of his bag and flicked the letter open.

"Hey baby don't worry about today be yourself and know you have your friends behind you. Love, Mom.

P.S. I plan on calling the principal today as soon as I get the chance to set up a meeting with him to talk about this teacher."

'Great as if I don't have enough to worry about today.' Max had been dreading Monday since his fight with Moure. He knew that by telling Moure what he had sealed his fate. He knew that there was no way he could back down from it even if he wanted to.

He climbed into his truck and started on his way to school, he didn't know things were going to get worse.

* * *

Josh looked himself over in the mirror one last time before going down stairs to eat.

He had been thinking all day Sunday about when, not to mention how, would be the best time to tell Max how he felt.

After toiling over various ideas and plans he decided the sooner he did it the better, he knew that if he took too long that he would start to over think and end up screwing up.

The only other thing on his mind was the stuff that Frank had said on the drive home the other night. Even though he had never known him to have doubts and worries about anything he was determined not to let Frank's issues sway him from his course unless it became a problem.

"Hey dad. Don't you have to work today?" He asked when he saw that his dad was still home.

"Nah, I wanted to spend some quality time with your mother, so I took the day off.” He said with a smile.

Josh grabbed a bowl of cereal and sat down at the table.

"Where is mom anyway?" Noticing that she was no where in sight, which was unusual.

"She's still in bed, I told her to sleep in. So who are you trying to look all spiffy for?” His dad asked with a smile.

"What do you mean, there’s nothing different about the way I'm dressed than normal.” Josh said trying to avoid his dads’ eyes.

"Well your wearing a pair of your good jeans, and that looks likes the same dark green t-shirt you always want to wear when you go out cause people always tell you it brings out your eyes, and from the looks of your shoes they've had a run in with some soap, water, and a scrub brush." His dad said with a smile as he leaned back in his chair to get a good look at his son.

He couldn't help but think what a strapping young man Josh was turning out to be, in some ways it was like looking in a mirror at himself at that age.

'Damn, he's good.' Josh thought to himself as every word his dad said rung true.

"I just thought I'd try to look good today.” Josh said hoping his dad would buy it. He wasn't ready to tell his dad the real reason he had spent most of the night picking out just the right outfit or had gotten up and hour earlier than normal just to make sure he had enough time to primp himself.

"Son, you could rub tar all over you and dump feathers over your head and you would still look good. You get that from your mother, that women can put anything on and look beautiful, same way you can toss on anything and look handsome." His dad said as he reached over and playfully rubbed his hand over Josh's nearly shaved head.

Josh just laughed and reached over and ruffled his dad's already mussed up brown hair. That had been a thing of theirs for years; it was one of their signs of affection for each-other.

“So what is this I hear about Max having a run in with a teacher?" His dad asked unexpectedly.

"How did you hear about that?" Josh asked dropping his spoon.

"Well, John Cartwright’s girl told him that the new history teacher had outed one of the students as being gay in class last Monday and she said the boys last name was Calvin, isn't that Max's last name?" His dad asked looking curiously at Josh.

"Yea, that’s his last name, and yea he had a run in with the new history teacher and he ended up telling the whole class Max was gay.” Josh said looking mad.

"So he is gay then,” he asked, “not that I care. He's a respectable guy, not to mention your best friend." He added in an after thought.

"If it doesn’t matter why do you want to know?" Josh asked defensively.

"Easy now, I just want to know cause Max seems to have had a hard enough road in life and if he is I just want you to tell him to be careful. There are a lot of people in this town who are not too fond of gays, hell I work with some who are down right evil when it comes to gay guys. So just tell him to watch his back." His dad said picking up his paper.

Josh didn't say anything, he was thinking about everything his dad had just told him. Even though his dad seemed to have no problem with Max being gay he was still uncertain about how he would react to him being gay. He was about to ask his dad a question when his dad looked at his watch.

"Shouldn't you be going, its seven forty five." His dad said looking up at Josh.

"Yeah, I better so I won't be late." Josh said getting up and putting his bowl in the sink.

As he went to the door to pick up his bag he looked back at his dad.

"By the way dad, I'll give Max your message."

"You do that. I doubt anything will happen to him, he's a strong kid plus he has you and Frank for friends." His dad said turning to look at him with a smile.

Once Josh was in his car and on the way to school he thought, 'Yea he has me but I am not so sure about Frank.'

Josh's mind was occupied by two different thoughts as he drove to school, everything Frank had told him and the things his dad had just said to him.

He didn't have a clue on how to deal with Frank; he hadn't considered it important, not even when he called to tell him that he was going to be taking the bus for a little while instead of catching a ride with him.

His dad was another story, he knew the only thing he could do was to tell his dad that he was gay and see what happened, the choice was so simple and so difficult at the same time, he was afraid his dad would disapprove or be disappointed in him, something he had always strived to prevent.

But every thought vanished when he pulled into the student parking lot and saw Max shutting the door to his truck. He parked a couple of spaces away from him and got out to meet him.

* * *

Max got out of the car and noticed Josh coming towards him. 'Damn he looks good today.' Max thought to himself taking in the way the shirt he wore seemed to match the color of his eyes, and the relaxed way the jeans he was wearing seemed to fit his body style. Though he was practically drooling over how Josh looked he still took notice of the fact that Frank wasn't with him.

"Hey Max, you ready to face the music?" Josh asked with a smile as he got closer.

"Yea, as ready as I'll ever be I guess, but where's Frank at?" Max asked looking around for him.

"I guess he's here already he called last night and told me he was going to take the bus for a little while." Josh replied looking towards the buses.

"Why would he do that? He hates taking the bus." Max asked as the two of them started towards the school.

"Umm, I’m not sure. He said something about wanting time to think." Josh said not looking at Max.

"Oh.... about me and still being my friend I suppose?” Max asked as they reached his locker.

"Maybe, he didn't say." Josh said trying to find a way to tell him what Frank had said but as he was about to try Max opened his locker and a note fell out into his hand.

"Who is that from?" Josh asked curiously.

Max didn't reply but opened the note and read it quickly before handing it to Josh. Josh looked at Max's face and saw the tears starting to form in the corner of his eye before reading the note.

'Max, I hate not being able to tell you all of this in person but I don't have the guts so this note is my best alternative. I know I told you I was cool with this but I got to thinking and now I need some time to think it all over in my head. I told you I was your friend and it kills me to say that I need to put that on the side, but I hope I really do, that when I have got this all sorted out you can look at me as a friend again. Frank.

And to Josh cause I know your going to be reading this too. I know your cool with Max so please keep tabs on him because I need time away from you as well. Frank."

"I should have told you Max.” Josh said his voice sounding deeply sad.

"You knew he was going to do this." Max asked sounding slightly angry.

"No, I didn't know he was going to do this, but I knew he had doubts about your guys' friendship. He told me some stuff Saturday night when I drove him home." Josh said looking up at Max wondering what he would do.

"What did he tell you?" Max asked pulling off his glasses and wiping his eyes.

Josh told Max everything Frank had said to him on Saturday night then waited for his response.

"It’s not your fault. I should have seen something like this coming." Max said as he put his glasses back on.

"He'll come around; he's just messed up in the head right now.” Josh said trying to sound encouraging.

"I hope your right, but right now we need to get to class. I'll talk to you in study hall." Max said, pushing books into his bag and closing his locker.

"OK Max, I'll see you then, just be careful." Josh said sounding worried.

"I will be, don't worry.” Max said as he tossed his pack back on his shoulder and made for class.

Josh watched him walk away then turned around to go to his first class of the day. As he walked he crumpled the note and stuffed it in his pocket. He was so pissed off at Frank for doing this all he wanted to do was find him and give him a few good shots to the ribs.

Josh walked around for about five minutes before he realized that he had no clue where he was going, he was supposed to be in History but had somehow made his way down to the gym. He looked down at his watch; he was five minutes late for class.

'Great"' Josh thought to himself as he ran back up the hallway, ‘This is all I need, that son of bitch on my ass,"' By the time Josh got to class he had forgotten about Frank but after walking into class he remembered he had it with Frank and was royally pissed off that the only available desk was right next to him.

"You are ten minutes late Mr. Mathews. I suggest you take your seat.” Fleet said in his usual cold yet calm tone.

Josh reluctantly walked over to the desk next to Frank and sat down. As he pulled out his history book Frank turned to him and mouthed the words, "I'm sorry".

Josh ignored him.

"Tell me Mr. Mathews, why is it you are late for my class?" Fleet asked, turning away from the chalk board.

"I haven't memorized my classes yet. I thought I had Chemistry first thing today, I was wrong.” Josh said, not really caring if Fleet believed him.

"You should be more careful. As I was saying before we were interrupted..." The rest Josh tuned out. He was worried about Max and what would happen to him since he was by himself. He glanced at the clock above the door, sixty minutes till he had study hall.

* * *

Max was sitting in the back row of his math class trying to figure out a complicated problem. He had written and erased his conclusion at least a dozen times. He knew that he should be focusing harder but he kept getting the feeling that he was being watched.

He closed his eyes and mentally told himself that he was just being paranoid, but he was still unable to shake the feeling. He knew that he needed to do something to put it out of his mind so he opened his eyes and did a quick scan of the room. Everyone seemed to be glued to their test papers, all except one guy that was a row ahead of Max.

Max knew the guy by James; they had never really spoken to each other except for a class project they were put into the same group for. James caught Max's eye before he turned quickly back to his paper.

'Probably heard the rumors, but is that a good thing or a bad thing?' Max was running everything around in his head when he realized he had half a paper to finish with only ten minutes left in class. He bolted through the rest of the paper and finished the last problem right as class ended.

Max dropped his paper on Mrs. Beckman’s desk and was nearly out the door when she called him back.

"Mr. Calvin would you please remain after class, I would like a word with you."

Max stepped back and leaned against the wall as the rest of the class filed out. Only after everyone had left and the door had been closed did Mrs. Beckman speak.

"Mr. Calvin I would like to know if these rumors that have been floating around about you are true." She asked as coolly as if she had been asking him the time.

"I hate to be called Mr. Calvin so please call me Max, and if you are referring to the rumors of me being gay, yes they are true. May I ask why you want to know?" Max asked with a smile.

"Very well, Max, I know it is unbecoming, not to mention against school policy, to ask you such a question. I merely wanted to know because I have a very good friend that works as a counselor with the local GSA branch, I know he would be very happy to talk to you or answer any questions you may have. Here is his card." She said as she pulled a small business card out of her desk.

"Thanks Mrs. Beckman, but I don't have any questions. I've been gay for nearly eighteen years. I think I have it pretty much figured out.” Max said as he pushed the card into his pocket without looking at the name.

"So you think Mr. Calvin, so you think. Anyway that will be all, you better go or you will be late for your Chemistry test." She said looking down at her watch.

Max left the classroom and headed for his Chemistry class. He tried to keep his mind on the upcoming test but his eyes kept darting around the hall. Things seemed to have died down over the weekend; there were not as many faces turning to look at him, not as many people whispering his name as he passed, but he still got the feeling of being watched.

He looked over his shoulder and saw James following behind him so he decided to see why.

He turned the corner and waited next to an empty class room and when James came around the corner he grabbed his arm, opened the door to the classroom and shoved James inside. Max shut the door and turned back to James who looked white as a ghost.

"Please don't hurt me.” James said sounding like a scared mouse or something.

"I’m not going to hurt you unless you plan on hurting me.” Max said as he leaned back against the door to block the window in case anyone tried to look in.

"I....I...I'm not going to hurt you. I mean look at you, I'd have to hit you with an aluminum baseball bat to do any damage.” James said with a smile that quickly faded.

"Then why where you looking at me in class and why were you following me in the hall.” Max asked, crossing his arms over his chest; unaware that doing it made him look even more imposing.

"I’ve been trying to figure out if the rumors about you are true, that you’re gay I mean." James said looking away from Max and down at the floor.

"And why do you want to know." Max asked, starting to get paranoid; maybe he was being set up by someone and James was the bait.

"It’s not just me; there are a lot of us who want to know.” James said looking back at Max.

"Who are "Us” exactly.” Max asked starting to loose his patience.

"JESUS what are you a fucking police interrogator, it was a simple question and all I want is a simple answer." James suddenly blurted out.

Max was taken back by James' sudden outburst but quickly recovered. He was sick of messing around so he walked over to James so they were only a few feet from each other.

"One, you haven't asked a question yet, two, I don't give out details of my personal life to some twerp wanting answers for some apparent secret society. So if you feel like asking a question and giving me some straight answers meet me in the library during study hall, alone." Max said crafting a deep, mean sounding voice.

With that Max left the room and slammed the door as he went, causing the few people in the hall to jump. He looked down at his watch and noticed he had a few minutes till class started, he thought about going to see Josh but thought better of it and went to class instead, when he walked in he saw Fay sitting at the back of class and went to sit next to her.

"What took you so long, class is about to start." She said as he sat down.

Max related to her everything that had happened today including what was said between him and James.

"Well, I have heard some rumors about some underground gay group here at the school but I haven't seen any proof." Fay said looking puzzled.

"How would you know about something like that?” Max asked confused.

"If you have to ask me that then we are no longer friends.” Fay said laughing.

‘That had to be the stupidest question I have ever asked.” Max muttered as laid his head down on the table. Fay had a unique talent for gossip and getting info that most people couldn’t. Max always said she’d made a great secret agent.

"Oh, it’s OK Maxie. You're having it hard at the moment so you can ask a stupid question or two.” Fay said giving Max an awkward hug from the he way he was sitting.

"Well here’s another one", Max said raising his head from the table. He had remembered her comment from the other night, "What did you mean on Saturday night when you told me to have fun?”

"Well I assumed you were going to tell Josh you have a thing for him.” Fay said smiling.

"Whoa, whoa, whoa, how did you know I have a crush on Josh?” Max asked his voice going down to a whisper.

"Well I didn't know for sure, but you just told me” She answered laughing.

"How did you know Fay?" Max asked sounding anxious; if Fay had noticed, what if someone else had?

"Max baby, relax. I doubt anyone else knows. I only know because I've seen you with him, the way you look at him, the way you act when you're around him, and between you and me I think he has a thing for you too.” She said picking up her backpack to get a pencil as the teacher came in.

"What do you mean?" Max asked still whispering.

"I mean just what I said." Fay said right as the teacher started to pass out the test papers.

Max tried to focus on his test but his mind kept going over to what Fay had told him, or rather what she hadn't.

Max was so distracted that by the time class was over he had had to erase half the answers he had written and re- write them, he didn't care, he could make up for how bad he had done on a later test. Max packed up his stuff left with the rest of the class and headed for his locker to drop off his Chemistry and Math books and pickup his Lit and History ones. After he swapped books he went to meet Josh and fill him in on his meeting with James.

Max caught up with Josh right as he was coming out of History class. Max was worried when he saw the look on Josh's face, he looked upset.

"Hey Josh what’s wrong?"

"What, oh, hey nothing's wrong, just worried about you and how things have been going today?” Josh answered, looking surprised to see Max.

"Well everything has been going good, for the most part that is." Max said as he and Josh started toward the library.

"What do you mean, what happened?" Josh asked, looking and sounding worried.

Max told him everything that had been said between him and James as well as what Fay had told him about the secret gay group at the school.

"Well, I don't know about the gay group or whatever. But I can't see why James would take the risk of approaching you if there wasn’t." Josh said scratching his head.

"Well, it could always be a set up. I mean, by Moure or some other idiot," Max said as paranoia slipped back into his mind, "whatever the reason I guess we'll find out soon." Max said as he and Josh reached the library.

As they walked in Max saw James sitting at a small table near the back of the library. Max noticed as they got closer that James kept looking from them to the side door of the library.

When they reached the table James looked from Max to Josh, then back again.

"You said to come alone." A bit of fear creeping into his voice.

"Yea I told you to come alone; I never said I was going to. Whatever you have to say you can say in front of Josh." Max said as he and Josh sat down.

"Whatever. So are you gay or not." James said taping his finger against the table nervously.

"Hold on, first you tell me why you want to know then maybe I'll tell you.” Max said leaning back in his chair.

"Alright but first you have to promise if you aren't, that you won't tell anyone what I am about to tell you, both of you." James said looking at the two of them.

Max and Josh agreed.

"There is a group of gay and lesbian students here at the school, sort of like a secret club. It started up a few years ago. A few times a month we get together somewhere and talk or party. The two people who started it heard the rumors about you and I was asked to find out if you wanted to join or whatever." James said in a very hushed voice.

"This is how you get members? You hear rumors about people and ask them about it? Not very smart." Josh said sounding skeptical.

"No, we usually wait till someone has been outed or if there is a known gay or lesbian that comes here from the Junior High, but the rumors about Max were so strong we decided to take a risk." James said still nearly whispering.

"Alright, I'll admit I'm gay, but why the cloak and dagger routine? Why not try to get the GSA or the school board involved." Max asked leaning against the table.

"There’s an idea. Make a nice little public club that way assholes like Tom Moure can have a nice list of asses to kick and close minded teachers like Fleet can torment us in class; that would be wonderful." James said his voice dripping with sarcasm.

"Whatever man, there are straight students and cool teachers in this school that could help you." Max said trying to convince James.

"Name one of each." James said his sarcasm dissolving into skepticism.

"Mrs. Beckman the Math teacher, and as for a student Josh Mathews, my best friend here.” Max said with a smile as he put an arm around Josh's shoulders.

"He's straight. Too bad, you two would make a cute couple. But anyway, one student out of a thousand and one teacher out a dozen, it's better the way it is. If your interested here’s a number, ask for Mannie." James said as he tossed a piece of paper on the table in front of Max before he got up and walked away.

"So, you think it is legit?" Max asked, looking at the number.

"Well, if its not it is a pretty elaborate hoax." Josh said pulling out his history book.

"Yea, I guess you have a point. After all I don't think there is anyone in this place that would take the time to set up this big a thing just to kick my ass." Max said tucking the paper into his pocket.

"So are you going to call this guy Mannie or let it go?" Josh asked flipping through his History book.

"I'm not sure. I'll have to think about it.” Max said reaching into his pack to get his own history book.

"I am proud of you by the way.” Max said looking over at Josh.

"Who me; what did I do?” Josh said looking up from his book surprised.

"Yes, you .I'm proud of you for not going off when James thought you were gay or getting uncomfortable when he said we would make a cute couple, usually even the most understanding straight guy would take offense to those kind of remarks.” Max said with a smile.

"Well, Max I'm not like most guys. You should know that by now. Stuff like that doesn’t bother me, hell in some ways it's a complement." Josh said turning back to his history book.

"What do you mean?" Max asked sounding confused.

"Well Max, you are a great guy, smart, sweet, kind, good looking, not as good as me mind but you're OK. Any gay guy in the world would be lucky to have you." Josh said, putting his hand on Max's shoulder and looking into his eyes; trying to tell him without words how he felt.

"Thanks Josh. You Know your not bad yourself, the girl you end up with will be a happy one." Max said swallowing past the lump in his throat.

"Thanks Max." Josh said turning back to his book. He fought back the disappointment he felt. He was so sure that by saying all that to Max that it would show him how he felt but it hadn't.

'I'll just have to come straight out and tell him and take my chances.' Josh thought to himself.

"So have you talked to Frank today?” Max asked tentatively.

"Well, I saw him in history but I didn't actually talk to him." Josh said shortly.

"I should have just kept my mouth shut and none of this would have happened." Max said looking down at the table.

“We already talked about this Max; it’s not your fault even if you hadn't told us we would have still found out. The rumors are all over the school, plus you would have had to tell us ‘cause Frank was going to beat it out you the day you told us anyway." Max said putting a hand on Max's back trying to comfort him.

“He was going to beat it out of me?” Max asked looking up at Josh.

"Well, not actually beat like with punches and kicks. He was just going to bug you till you told us." Josh said with a smile.

"Good, cause I would've hated to hurt him.” Max said with a laugh going back to his history book.

After study hall Max and Josh separated and went to their classes. Josh to Lit and Max to history.

Max saw Fay sitting at her normal seat and took the one next to her, he tried to get her to tell him more about what she had told him in Chemistry but she refused to elaborated much further

"Just open your eyes and watch him and you'll understand." She said to him with a devious smile.

"I do watch him", Max said to himself, "I watch him a lot and I've never noticed anything out of the ordinary."

That’s when Max remembered how Josh had grabbed his hand at lunch and everything he told him in study hall. It was strange for Josh to be that touchy feely or that vocal about things, even when he was around friends.

Max was so engrossed in his thoughts he hadn't noticed that Fleet had come in and given the class their assignment for the day. He was quickly brought back to reality by Fay poking him sharply in the rib. He pushed the thoughts of Josh out of his head and focused, History was one class he could not afford to do badly at.

* * *

The rest of the week went by without a lot of excitement. Josh was careful to avoid Frank during classes and Frank had lunch in the court yard instead of the cafeteria. The only bad thing that had happened was on Friday afternoon. Josh had got into a fight outside the gym with a couple of guys that had been talking trash about Max. Even though the fight was broken up before too much damage was done, Josh's shoulders and back had taken a beating and he was sore as hell that night at his family dinner.

All in all Max was happy it was Saturday and that the week was over.

* * *

Josh filled a glass of water and washed down a few pills in an attempt to ease the pain in his back and shoulders. He knew better then to try and take on two guys at the same time, but hearing the names they were calling Max and the stuff they said they would do to him if they ever caught him alone had started a fire in his belly.

He knew that neither of them was brave enough or stupid enough to make good on anything they were saying but he couldn't stop himself from standing up to them.

He was lucky enough to get a few shots in before they took him down, which resulted in the onslaught of feet and fists being slammed into his back. If it hadn't been for the guys coming out of the gym the damage would have been much worse. But it was worth it to see the look on Max's face when he heard how he had stood up for him.

Josh hoped that Max, after seeing what he had done, would realize just how much he cared for him but if it had, Max hadn't let on, that’s why Josh had come up with his plan. The plan he was going to start later that evening.

'I just have to keep from getting scared.' Josh thought to himself as he painfully pulled on his shirt and lay back on his bed preparing himself for later.

* * *

Max finished putting away the dishes from dinner and looked at the stove clock, six thirty.

'Damn this day is going slowly.' Max thought to himself.

It was days like this that made Max feel lonely, days when there was no one to talk to or to hang out with. Fay had decided to talk to her parents ahead of her original schedule so she was at home preparing for that. Josh was probably too sore to do much more than lay in bed and rest, and with Frank not talking to him at the moment his list of friends was empty. He had considered calling that guy Mannie but he didn't really feel like it.

Max had just sat back on the couch when he heard a knock on the door.

"Who is it?" Max yelled from the couch.

"Take a wild guess." Echoed from the other side of the door, it was Josh's.

"Well, don't just stand out there like a goon, come in.” Max said trying not to sound to excited that Josh had decided come over.

Josh opened the door and saw Max sitting on the couch in one of his sleeveless shirts and a pair of jean shorts.

'Damn I forgot how nice his legs were.' Josh thought to himself as he pulled off his jacket.

"So what are you doing here?” Max asked looking Josh over, noticing the way his shoulders were slumped and the slight limp in step.

"Well, I was bored at home and I figured you were too so I decided to come over and we could be bored together, but I can leave if you want me to." Josh said reaching for his jacket.

"I didn't mean it that way. I just figured after that beating you took yesterday you might want to stay home and get some rest." Max said pulling his legs to his chest and offered Josh a place to sit.

"Well I am a bit sore. But I wanted to come see you and make sure you were OK.” Josh said with a grimace as he sat down next to Max.

"I'm fine; I've just been worried about you. You didn't have to take those guys on, you know, they could have really hurt you." Max said, thinking about all the things that could have happened to him.

"I'm doing fine and yea, I did, you’re my friend and they were talking shit about you behind your back so I took care of it. Simple as that." Josh said reaching over his shoulder to rub at it.

"You want me to take care of that for you.” Max offered pointing at his shoulders.

"Take care of it how?" Josh asked raising an eyebrow.

"I read a book about massage therapy so I could probably make that feel better, if you want me to that is." Max said hoping Josh would take him up on his offer.

"Yea, that would be great man, thanks.” Josh said eagerly.

"Well, come up to my room.” Max said getting up from the couch and stretching a bit.

"How come?” Josh said slightly transfixed by Max's bulging biceps.

"Cause that is where my stuff is and it is easier to take you up there than to bring it down here." Max said with a grin.

Josh got up and followed Max up stairs, his eyes roaming from his broad shoulders down to his muscled calves then back up to his ass, perfectly outlined in the shorts he was wearing. Josh wanted nothing more then to reach in front of him and grab hold of one of his cheeks but kept his hands down, 'Just wait', he told himself, 'This massage thing could workout to my advantage', He thought as he walked into Max's room.

The first time Josh had seen Max's room he thought is was the strangest place he had ever seen. His room was loaded with numerous little Dragon and Gargoyle statues. He had swords, daggers, and other medieval style weapons sitting on display stands or hanging from the walls, and against one wall stood three, five shelf bookcases and a TV, and in front of his window was his computer. But Josh's favorite part of the room by far had to be Max's queen size bed. The things Josh had imagined doing with Max in that bed made his dick hard where he stood.

"It never seizes to amaze me how big this room is." Josh said as he looked around the large space.

"Well, originally it was two smaller rooms but the guy who lived here before us tore down the wall and made it into one big room and added the bathroom." Max said as he opened his closet door.

"That’s cool." Josh said at a slight loss for something to say. His mind was still filled with images of Max.

"Take off you shirt and lay down on the bed, I need to find some stuff for your shoulders." Max said looking through some bottles in his closet.

“What are you looking for?" Josh asked with a grimace as he pulled off his shirt.

"A special oil I made up. It eases pain, swelling, and bruising. I've not used it in awhile but I know its here some where, Ahh, here it is." Max said pulling a bottle from the back of the shelf.

"What’s it made of?” Josh asked as he sat down on Max's bed.

"Just lie down on your stomach and don't worry about it. Would I try to hurt you?" Max asked with a smile as he walked over to his bed.

"Well, I don’t know Max. Would you?" Josh asked as he kicked off his shoes and rolled over to his stomach and grabbed a pillow.

"You know I wouldn't, you’re my best friend.” Max said as he popped the cap on the bottle and straddled Josh's legs.

"What the hell are you doing?” Josh asked surprised as when he felt Max's weight near his ass.

"What, it’s easier to get at your shoulders from this angle. I can move if you want.” Max said trying to ignore the fact that he was pressing his semi hard dick against Josh's ass.

"No, it’s cool. I was just surprised." Josh said slightly pushing himself up into Max's groin.

"Good then shut up and lay still." Max said as he squeezed the oil onto Josh's shoulders.

"Fuck man, that shit is cold.” Josh said as a cold shiver ran up his spine.

Max ignored Josh's complaint and began to message his shoulders and upper back; making sure the oil hit all the bruised places.

"You'll probably feel some mild stinging after I am done, but don't worry about it, it’s just the oil working on the bruising." Max said moving both of his hands to Josh's left shoulder and working on a large bruise there.

"OK, I'll keep that in mind." Josh said in a relaxed tone as he felt his muscle’s start to loosen.

Max continued to work on Josh's back for nearly an hour; he had added a little extra oil and messaged his lower back as well. He took extreme pleasure in the fact that he heard Josh moan slightly when he pressed his thumbs into his spine and ran them up to his neck.

"So how you feeling?" Max asked still sitting on Josh's legs and wiping his hands on a towel.

"My back feels great but my legs are starting to fall asleep." Josh said smiling.

Max slid off Josh’s legs and sat down in a chair near the bed but instructed Josh to turn over and lay on the bed for a little while.

"Thanks again Max. My back is feeling great." Josh said placing one hand behind his head and the other on his chest.

"Anytime buddy, you went to the mat for me it’s the least I can do, so long as I don't have to do it too often. I don't like to see you hurt on my account." Max said looking happy and concerned all at once.

"Well this probably won't be the last time, because I hear people talking shit about you again and the same thing will happen." Josh said as he slowly ran his fingers over his firm stomach.

"Thanks, but I still don't want you to get hurt." Max replied as he watched Josh's hand trace the segments of his abs.

"Anyway, I have a question for you." Josh said his hand now going back to his chest.

"Well, I'm waiting." Max said watching Josh's fingertips as they lightly stroked his toned chest.

"Well, I'm curious. I've kissed a few girls and most like to be lead, the guy always making the first moves and what not but I was wondering what it’s like to kiss a guy and I wanted to know if you could describe it." Josh asked pushing his plan into action.

"Well it’s kind of hard to describe. I guess it depends on the guy. Sometimes you'll get a really aggressive guy that likes to make all the moves, and then there are really timid ones that like to be lead. But most of the guys I've ever known were like me, right in the middle, I actually think that’s the best way you know? I mean tongues lashing, lips locked, both fighting for control but it’s an equal thing, bouncing back and forth." Max said still watching Josh stroke his chest.

"Show me.” Josh said taking Max by surprise.

"What do you mean?" Max said thinking he must have heard Josh wrong.

"I mean kiss me, so I know exactly what you mean.” Josh said sitting up slightly hunched over to flex his abs more.

"Are you sure about that?" Max asked in disbelief, what if he really did want him to, could he actually kiss Josh and not let himself get to involved?

"Of course I am, it’s just a kiss." Josh said with a smile as if it was no big deal.

But it was a big deal. By kissing Josh Max would be fulfilling one of his long time fantasies and he wasn’t sure his emotions would let him merely kiss Josh for the sake of demonstration, but what would Josh think if he told him no?

'It’s just a kiss that’s all. A little peck and that will be it.' Max thought to himself as he moved over to the bed next to Josh.

"OK, do you want to start out or do you want me to?" Josh asked moving closer to Max and putting his hand on his knee.

"Same time, it'll be easier that way." Max said trying to keep the apprehension out of his voice.

Max closed his eyes as they moved closer together. Max was so nervous all he did was press his lips slightly to Josh's then pulled away.

Josh looked at Max closely then moved his hand to the back of Max's neck and he rubbed it gently before he spoke.

"I know you can do better then that lets try again."

Max was awestruck by the look in Josh's eyes and as he pulled him closer he just let himself go. As their lips touched Max's whole body began to tingle, the feeling of Josh's soft lips pressed against his was amazing, and as their lips parted and the sensations he felt when their tongues gently touched and invaded each others mouths made Max harder then a rock.

He felt Josh pulling him closer as he reclined back on the bed, in a few seconds Max was on top of Josh, their hands roaming all over each others bodies. Max shivered as Josh's hands went up the back of his shirt and paused briefly as he felt his finger tips touch the sensitive skin of his scar.

Josh slipping his hands from under Max's shirt and began to push it up at the sides. So pulling Josh with him, Max sat up and let Josh pull the shirt up over his head. Josh's hands roamed over Max's chest and stomach as Max kissed Josh's shoulders and neck.

Max halted for a few moments and looked in Josh's eye. Neither of them said a word. Had Max been thinking with his head he would have questioned why this was happening, but he was only thinking with his heart, he only cared that it was happening.

He put his arm around Josh's waist and pulled him down next to him. They started to kiss again, but Josh had more in mind. He wrapped his arms around Max and slipped his hands under the waist band of Max's shorts. He grasped the warm, muscled mounds of flesh and pulled Max against him.

Sweat slicked their chests as they rubbed their bodies into each other. The friction and heat that built between them had them both teetering on the edge, neither of them made an effort to remove the rest of their clothing even though they were so close to erupting that it was painful. Josh moaned loudly and pulled Max harder against him as he came inside his jeans, the feeling of warmth that spread through him was amazing, every part of his body burned with it as if he had been dipped into a hot bath. He kissed Max again and as Max moaned against his lips, and thrust hard against him he knew Max had cum too.

Josh pulled his hands out of Max shorts and ran his hand over Max's back. They laid there in each others grasp. Neither of them spoke or tried to move away, both swimming in the warmth that flooded through them.

Max didn't care why it had happened. The only thing that mattered to him is that he finally was in the one place he had dreamt about being in since he had met Josh, laying in bed with Josh's arms around him.

A subtle exhaustion over took Max as he fell asleep in what he thought was heaven.

As Josh lay watching Max's sleeping face the warmth he felt slowly drained away and was replaced by a cold, sickening feeling. He looked into Max's face and fear suddenly swept through him, he pulled him self gently out of Max's grip and sat up slowly.

Panic took over Josh's thoughts. He was ashamed of what he had just done. He felt as if he had taken advantage of Max to fulfill his own urges, what if Max didn't want their friendship to be more than that? In his panicked state he thought that he had forced Max to what they had just done.

He didn't understand that he wasn't thinking straight, the thought that if Max hadn't wanted what happened he would have stopped never entered his mind.

Josh began to doubt his feelings. What if what they had done only hurt each other. What if Max woke up in the morning hating him for this? What if he turned out to not be as attracted to Max as he thought? What if his feelings melted away after tonight? All the questions running through Josh's head made him doubt himself and Max.

He had to leave, he needed to think. He got up and went to the bathroom connected to Max's room and cleaned himself up.

When he was done he pulled on his shirt and went over to Max's desk and pulled out a pad of paper and pencil and wrote Max a note.

‘Dear Max,

I am so sorry. I wanted last night to happen so much I didn't consider what could happen to our friendship because of my urges. Please, please forgive me and know that none of this is your fault I need time to think. I am so, so, so sorry,

Josh.,

Josh placed the note next to Max's bed and gently removed Max's glasses and put them on top of the note. He bent over and kissed Max slightly on the forehead and left.

* * *

Max woke up the next morning to an empty bed and an uncomfortable groin. He reached over to the table and picked up his glasses. After his eyes had focused he saw the note pad. Max read the note quickly and the pad slipped from his limp fingers and fell to the floor. Only one word escaped his lips.

"NO!"

TO BE CONTINUED.........

********************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************

Thanks to Rush for assisting in editing my story.

I hope you enjoyed the chapter, more to follow soon. If you have any comments, suggestions or criticisms or just want to talk I would love to hear it lol, you can email me at allenarcane88@yahoo.comor leave a PM via my profile page.

.

Copyright © 2014 NightOwl88; All Rights Reserved.
  • Like 11
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this story. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new chapters.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

This may sound weird, but I like that Frank's reaction is changed. It gives the story a real feel to it. Everything doesn't always work out, friend don't always understand, there is bound to be one whose behavior changes, even if he isn't 'you're a fag?'

 

I said it before, but poor Josh. He really is all flummoxed over this. Too bad he isn't reading Max's thoughts like we are :P

 

Great chapter.

Link to comment
On 01/14/2011 01:44 PM, Andrew_Q_Gordon said:
This may sound weird, but I like that Frank's reaction is changed. It gives the story a real feel to it. Everything doesn't always work out, friend don't always understand, there is bound to be one whose behavior changes, even if he isn't 'you're a fag?'

 

I said it before, but poor Josh. He really is all flummoxed over this. Too bad he isn't reading Max's thoughts like we are :P

 

Great chapter.

It doesn't sound wierd, at least to me. I think that evolving Frank's attitude was a natural progression. Like you said things don't always work out but sometimes it does
Link to comment

I feel sorry for Frank. Deep down he cares about Max and... Josh, but isn't man enough to stand behind it yet.

 

What a devious plan Josh cooked up, teheee! And how it backfired - sorta - and probably went furter than he had planned. It felt realistic between two hormonal teenagers :P

 

 

Link to comment
On 05/01/2011 11:14 AM, Marzipan said:
I feel sorry for Frank. Deep down he cares about Max and... Josh, but isn't man enough to stand behind it yet.

 

What a devious plan Josh cooked up, teheee! And how it backfired - sorta - and probably went furter than he had planned. It felt realistic between two hormonal teenagers :P

 

You've been a busy one today haven't you Mandartanina? Frank's got a big heart, he just hides it behind that macho exterior. Devious indeed, if not a bit much for the boy; but it was brave for his character, at least in my opinion lol. I am glad that it seemed realistic to you, I strive for realism. Best,Owl
Link to comment

I agree with Andy about Frank. It's nice to see the other side of the coin so to speak. He'll come around if it's meant for him to. Poor Josh he's definitely befuddled isn't he. I hope Max is able to clear this up quickly. That makeout session was intense

Link to comment
On 07/23/2012 02:34 PM, Jammi said:
I agree with Andy about Frank. It's nice to see the other side of the coin so to speak. He'll come around if it's meant for him to. Poor Josh he's definitely befuddled isn't he. I hope Max is able to clear this up quickly. That makeout session was intense
Hey Fleeting, good to see you again.

 

Andy did hit the nail on the head with Frank. Maybe I'm biased but I always felt that Frank's actions gave the story a little more substance.

 

I really needed to bring Josh's insecurity into more prominence as it's only been hinted at in earlier chapters. I've always worried that I took it to far but it works well.

 

The makeout scene was my first ever foray into a sexual scene so I'm very glad it turned out well.

 

best,

Owl

Link to comment

Frank has a lot to think about better to do it now and take in all considerations rather than screwing up later. Max is really going to hate getting letters. After that hot make out scene does he really think he will lose max and his friendship.

Btw what happened with the school board or did Max's mother not get in touch with them.

Link to comment
On 08/03/2013 02:10 PM, Daithi said:
Frank has a lot to think about better to do it now and take in all considerations rather than screwing up later. Max is really going to hate getting letters. After that hot make out scene does he really think he will lose max and his friendship.

Btw what happened with the school board or did Max's mother not get in touch with them.

Hello Daithi, good to see you.

 

I doubt anyone could hate getting letters right now more than Max. For Josh freaking out is just his process, he over thinks lol.

 

Best,

owl

Link to comment
View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..