Jump to content
    northie
  • Author
  • 88 Words
  • 223 Views
  • 20 Comments
Poetry posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

This Sun of ours - 1. Chapter 1

I am an infrequent poet. However, inspiration tapped me on the shoulder this time around.

This sun of ours
Succumbs to winter's
Never-ending dark, dank
Blast

This sun of ours
Freshly burnished
Gleams brightly with renewed
Hope

This sun of ours
Plays hide and seek with
Gentle clouds and billowing
Rain

This sun of ours
Conjures up that single
Legendary summer's
Day

This sun of ours
Surrenders to livid, towering
Skies, heralding floods to
Come

This sun of ours
Glows, satisfied with Nature’s
Ripened bounty nearly
Done

This sun of ours
Starts to tire, losing battles
Daily with the encroaching
Dark

My long-suffering editor put on a slightly different hat for this occasion. I thank him as always.
And thank you for reading. Please add your voice to the conversation.
Copyright © 2024 northie; All Rights Reserved.
  • Like 4
  • Love 15
Poetry posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

Story Discussion Topic

You are not currently following this author. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new stories they post.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

Wow, a look at the seasons from the perspective of the sun.  Nicely done.  

  • Like 2
  • Love 3
Link to comment
On 4/4/2024 at 7:20 AM, chris191070 said:

A great piece about the sun and it's daily struggles.

Thanks for reading!

  • Like 3
Link to comment
On 4/4/2024 at 7:33 AM, Flip-Flop said:

A reflection of the 4 seasons in only 88 words.

Funnily enough, for someone who counts prose words with keen attention, I hadn't given it a thought here. Glad you enjoyed it.

  • Like 3
  • Love 1
Link to comment
On 4/4/2024 at 2:46 PM, Mikiesboy said:

Some very nice images of the changing seasons. Thank you.

Thanks, tim. Glad you found things to enjoy.

  • Like 2
  • Love 1
Link to comment
23 hours ago, kbois said:

this was a great example of prose

It's more free verse - ie poetry that's not in a particular form (sonnet, for example), or counted, or scanned (sticking to a particular rhythmic pattern). Prose is standard writing. You can get prose poems - it's writing that has poetic leanings and facets but appears in sentences and paragraphs. Pleased you enjoyed my effort and yes, I'll be interested to see what everyone else has conjured up.

  • Like 3
  • Love 2
Link to comment
16 hours ago, Parker Owens said:

This was a lovely cycle of seasons framed by the sun. 

As honed by you, dear friend. 😊

  • Like 3
Link to comment
10 hours ago, Bill W said:

Wow, a look at the seasons from the perspective of the sun.  Nicely done.  

Thanks, Bill. The sun does govern our year. ☀

  • Like 4
Link to comment
9 hours ago, Gary L said:

A lovely addition to the collection. Well done

Thanks for reading, Gary.

  • Like 4
Link to comment

A beautiful tribute, you gave the sun life, with ups and downs, and wins and losses, a stalwart constant in our lives. It's a lovely, poem, northie. Cheers!

  • Like 3
Link to comment

You're right, we always look at/for the sun  all throughout the seasons as if it were our guiding star.

My favorite part was

This sun of ours
Conjures up that single
Legendary summer's
Day

Thank you, northie.

 

  • Like 3
Link to comment
23 hours ago, Headstall said:

It's a lovely, poem, northie. Cheers!

Thanks, Gary! I'm glad it connected with you. 😊

  • Like 2
Link to comment
12 hours ago, Aditus said:

we always look at/for the sun  all throughout the seasons as if it were our guiding star.

I think we all have memories of that one elusive day when the weather was Elysian perfect (or so we remember it 🤨😄).

  • Like 3
Link to comment

I'm just getting around to reading the anthology poems and this connected with me.  Maybe more so due to just experiencing a total solar eclipse yesterday!  Thank you.

  • Like 3
  • Love 1
Link to comment
1 hour ago, CincyKris said:

Maybe more so due to just experiencing a total solar eclipse yesterday!

That must've been amazing. Thanks for reading. 😊  

  • Like 3
Link to comment
View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..