Jump to content
    quokka
  • Author
  • 1,359 Words
  • 3,830 Views
  • 13 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

Indian Ocean Invasion - 35. IOI Chapter 35

After two days of formal events on the island, I was finally able to start work properly, and the first thing to do was to host a meeting between the local council and the Wagner brothers, to discuss proposals that Sebastian and the twins wanted to happen on the island, the first one being the establishment of Wagner Air, with 3 weekly return flights on two routes.

The first being from Darwin to Christmas Island, via Broome, has a total flying time of 4 hours and 20 minutes each way, with a 2 hour stop over, and the second route is from Broome to Diego Garcia, via the Cocos Keeling Islands, had a total flying time of 7 hours and 55 minutes each way, with a two hour stop over.

With my two Army staff, we are working closely with the local government, and we are working on trying to find a solution to the problem of the illegal residents at South Point. At the end of the first week at my new position, with the Wagner ship semi permanently based at the island, and the twins remaining full time, while Sebastian flying back to the mainland, I received a surprise email from Sebastian.

“Sir, I wish to inform you, that after some lengthy discussions with the Western Australian government, I have received permission, to have a 50-year lease on 202,350 square metres or 50 acres of land on Rottnest Island, and to build an eco-friendly house for your use, as the Baron of Rottnest.

The lease will terminate either after 50 years, or at the time of your death, whichever comes first, at which time the property and house ownership, will revert to the State of Western Australia. Wagner Family Corporation would be honoured if you will accept the gift of us paying the lease of the land and to building the house for you.

In return for allowing us the lease, Wagner Corporation has agreed to paying for the upgrade of the Rottnest Island Airport, including the airport terminal and extending the runway by a further 500 metres. Yours Sincerely, Sebastian Wagner, Managing Director of Wagner Family Corporation”.

“Captain, can you contact the Wagner ship, and inform them that I request the Wagner twins to see me here this afternoon please” I said to my chief staff member on the intercom, “Err, sir they just walked in the door” the Captain replied, “Good, send them through please” I responded.

A few moments later the Wagner twins entered my office and gave a slight bow, “Your Excellency, we predicted that you may want to speak to us” Louis said to me, and I chuckled, “So you know about the email that I just received, please sit” I replied. “Yes sir, Sebastian had to fly out of Perth, back to Europe this morning, so he had us forward it to you” Joachim replied.

“I see, do you know where on Rottnest Island that this lease and house are to be located?” I asked, “Yes Sir, at Little Salmon Bay, in the centre of the island on the South side, between Salmon Point and Parker Point. The site is protected on the west side by a sloping hill, and there is only one vehicle access road to the site.

It is a 2km long loop road which we can cut off to vehicle access at the cross roads intersection, and public access to some of it, from just past the carpark and at the just south of the stairs leading to the beach at Salmon Bay at the other end of the loop road, also the house is to have a footprint of no more than 10,120 square metres or 2.5 acres, and Sebastian has received approval for the house to be located overlooking Little Salmon Bay” Joachim announced to me.

“That sounds very delightful, I look forward to visiting it, when it is completed” I replied. We also have approval to installing a Garrison style fence and gates, in a straight line from just south of those two sets of beach access stairs, to keep the public out of the area” Louis added, as I noticed the twins look at each other, and Louis nodded his head, Joachim sighed loudly and dropped his shoulders, before retrieving an envelope from his inside coat pocket and dropped it onto my desk.

“This is a private letter from Sebastian to you, please wait until we have left before you open it, and make sure you are alone when you read it” Louis said to me. We chatted some more about other plans the Wagner family is planning, as I stared at the envelope in front of me.

I was informed that the plans for the regular flights to the Indian Ocean islands, is in full preparation stage, with the planes having been purchased, and hanger space leased in Darwin and Broome, and that they are now searching for pilots and flight crew to take up the positions created for the flights.

I was pleased at this news, as I knew that it would be a great bonus for the Indian Ocean islands of Australia and its people, and although I had a huge job ahead of me, for the next three years at least.

Well after the twins had left, I picked up the envelope, and placed it into my pocket and entered the administration office, “I am going for a drive alone, I need some time on my own, if you have to you can follow, but not too close please” I said to the Captain, as I left the building, and jumped into the Landrover, and drove off.

As I was crossing the bridge, I looked into the rear-view mirror, and saw that no one was following, which surprised me a little. I was happy with my new job, and enjoying life on this beautiful Island, thinking about everything that I had done in my life, and where I am now, it seemed a dream that I was now a Territory Administrator, and turned onto Murray Road, around the hill and at the top, I turned down the lane to the carpark just before the Territory Lookout.

Pleased that there was no one around, I walked down to the lookout, and looked out over the Flying Fish Cove, before sitting down on the bench seat, and pulling out the envelope. I stared at the envelope for some time before I opened it, and pulled out the letter from inside, not sure what to expect to read from it.

“My dear Lewis, for quite some time I have been hiding my feelings for you, and after persistent nagging from my brothers, I have written this letter to you…” I laughed reading this, knowing how determined the twins can be about something the know is right.

“Don’t laugh, as I am not very good with revealing my feelings, especially to you, who I have fallen head over heels, ever since I first met you. Every time I am anywhere near you, my heart is beating double time, and I get nervous, which my brothers notice every time.

Although I am constantly on the move, having to deal with business in Switzerland, I am hoping that I can find time to get to know you some more, and that we can be more than just friends’.

Especially so I can get the twins off my back. Jeeze they can be a real pain in the arse sometimes, but I still love them as my brothers, so with this letter, I hope that you feel the same way about me, or that getting to know me better, you eventually will.

I will be back in Australia in less than two weeks’ time, and by then I hope, you have decided, about us by then. If you ever need to get away from everything happening on the island, please feel free to call the twins, and they will collect you and take you on a mini cruise for a day or two, depending on your work schedule. With kindest regards, your Sebastian”.

 

Copyright August 2018, Preston Wigglesworth, All rights are reserved.
  • Like 19
  • Love 19
  • Wow 2
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this author. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new stories they post.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

I’m glad that Sebastian has made the deal with the Australian government about a private residence for Lewis to get away from the work and be able to relax for a while. I think it’s great that Sebastian made his feelings known for Lewis even if it was in the form of a letter. I also think the invitation to contact the twins if he needs a break from the hustle and bustle of his work as Administrator of the Chagos Archipelago along with Christmas Island where he might be able to have them take him for a cruise for a day or two depending on his work load. It would be nice to have Sebastian and Lewis get together and see if anything develops between them if the story were to continue. This was a great story I enjoyed it quite a bit,it was very very well written, thanks for writing it. I would like to see a sequel to this story where we can see how Lewis is doing in his new assignment and how much he is able to do with the Wagner family and also see if he and Sebastian get together. I’m interested to know how long Lewis will be on Christmas Island as the Administrator of the IOTA and Deputy Administrator of the Chagos Archipelago. 

Edited by Butcher56
  • Like 3
  • Love 2
Link to comment

About !@#$ time Sebastian spoke up, now all we need is for Lewis to get his head out of his arse and accept.  Terrific chapter, when is the next one - I want more!

  • Like 1
  • Love 3
  • Haha 1
Link to comment

Amazing chapter! I’m glad that Sebastian has stepped up and let his feelings be known, I don’t know about a letter as the best form for his declaration of love. I originally wanted to see Wyatt and Lewis together, but the age difference and differences in station make that impossible. I think that Lewis and Sebastian will make a great couple. I’m looking forward to the next story! 😃❤️

  • Like 2
  • Love 3
Link to comment
7 hours ago, quokka said:

Cheeky Andrew35

what do u think Chris?

I agree with @andrew35 we definitely need a second book. Sebastian and Lewis have a great story to tell.

Edited by chris191070
  • Like 2
  • Love 1
Link to comment
3 minutes ago, chris191070 said:

I agree we definitely need a second book. Sebastian and Lewis have a great story to tell.

💋💋💋

  • Like 2
  • Love 1
Link to comment

Just a perfect journey, I just hope there is a story that follows this one!😁 What should I read next? 

  • Fingers Crossed 1
Link to comment
View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..