Jump to content
    ShadowDancer
  • Author
  • 5,084 Words
  • 1,523 Views
  • 0 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

You Can't Buy Love - 11. Chapter 11

Chapter 11

 

David pulled into Heath’s driveway and saw he had moved his car out of the garage. He backed his truck up to the garage door to be the first to unload. Rob and Bill parked their trucks off to the side to be unloaded next. Rob got out and went over to David’s truck door.

“Let me go get Dad to see where he wants us to put everything? After we unload everything, we can go down to the shop and get some more boxes if we need them. Does this sound good to you, hun?”

David looked at Rob smiling, “Yep, it does Rob.” David whispered, “I want five minutes’ alone with you, please.”

Rob opened the driver’s door. “Come on, Babe.” Rob looked over at Bill and Ryan, “I am going in the house to find Dad, so you two just hang out for a minute, ok?” Seeing them shake their head in the positive, Rob and David walked in the house through the garage house door.

As soon as the house door shut, Rob took hold of David, hugging and kissing him. He leaned back and looked into David’s eyes.

“You really ok sweetheart? You look about ready to collapse.”

“I am just tired. We need to empty the trucks, and then I will be able to relax a little. I need you to hold me for a bit,” David said, grinning at Rob going back into the hug that he needed so badly.

They were standing there holding each other when Heath walked into the kitchen clearing his throat to get David and Rob’s attention. David stepped back looking at Heath, “Sorry, it was pretty rough getting everything out and I needed a reassuring hug from Rob,” he smiled at Heath.

“David relax, you are fine showing affection in my presence. Did you boys get everything out of the apartment?” Heath sat down on the bar stool looking at the boys.

“Yep, we came in to see where you wanted us to put everything. I was hoping we could come back in the morning to sort everything out. We are about to drop and we still have to unload the trucks.” Rob asked.

“That would be fine. Just use the open space where the car would go, but leave a path to the alarm box if I need to get to it. Would you like me to fix a snack to hold you both over until you get home? Maybe Bill and Ryan would like something to eat too. Go out and discuss it and let me know.” Heath said.

“I just need a drink Heath. I am not that hungry right now.” David said.

“Dad, let us unload and then see how we feel then. Bill and Ryan need to get back to the shop. I will give them some money to stop and get something on their way back to work.” Rob pulled David back into a hug smiling at him. “Is that ok Babe? That way you can make up your mind when you don’t have so much going through it right now.”

“Ya, let’s just get everything in the garage, then we can decide.” David let go of Rob when Heath walked over to him with a glass of tea in his hand. David took the glass and drank it down in one drink. “Thanks Heath that sure tasted good.” David took the glass to the sink and rinsed it out.

“You’re welcome. Sure, you don’t want more. It looked like you needed that drink.” Heath said chuckling.

David smiled. “No that hit the spot, thanks.”

“Let’s get this done, and then we can relax Babe.” Rob said kissing David on the cheek.

“Ok, let’s get to it.” David walked to the kitchen door with Rob following close behind.

All four of them got the trucks unloaded in good time. Bill and Ryan headed back to work. David and Rob went through the boxes and got all of David’s clothes and bathroom items sorted out and put in David’s truck to take to Rob’s apartment.

David realized that he needed to make sure his work clothes would be ready to go Monday morning. “Rob, I am going to have to take some clothes to the dry cleaners tomorrow or hope there is a set in the boxes not needing to be cleaned. I am not going to have any work clothes for Monday otherwise.”

“Babe, you have a set at the apartment. When we get everything there, we can go through these and see what needs to be washed or taken to the cleaners. They are open tomorrow so you can take them in and put a rush on getting them back. If you can’t get off work in time to get them Monday I will go get them for you. Let’s see what we find when we go through the boxes. Don’t worry; we will work this all out.” Rob put his hand behind David’s neck bringing him in for a kiss. “I love you so damn much, Babe,” he said smiling.

“I love you too. I want to get home and show you how much I love you.” David smiled then kissed Rob.

“You can show me tonight all you want. We don’t have to get up too early tomorrow so we can play a little tonight.” Rob wiggled his eyebrows at David, which got David to laughing.

“You goof, I will show you playing. You just put some wonderful thoughts in my head.” David draped his arms around Rob. He started kissing Rob’s neck, and then they heard a door open. They turned to see Heath coming out the kitchen door.

“Dad, we got it all in here. We went through and got David’s clothes out and loaded them back up,” Rob told his dad.

“Ok, it is two o’clock. Why don’t you go home and unload them and then come back at six or seven and have dinner with me? I can pull out some steaks and grill them for us. That way you two can relax and take it easy for the night.” Heath asked.

“What do you think Babe? That gives us four hours to go through everything and start washing some of the clothes and getting everything put away and still rest in between all that,” Rod said looking at David.

“Ya we can do that. I don’t feel up to cooking and the last time I looked you did not have much food in them cupboards. I know I don’t want to go food shopping tonight.”

“Ok Dad, pull the steaks out and we will see you around six or thereafter,” Rob said.

“Thank you Heath for feeding us tonight. That is a big help and one less thing we have to worry about tonight.”

“You’re welcome David. Go and get the washing started and whatever else you two need to do and I will see you later tonight,” Heath said.

“Dad, do you want us to bring anything?” Rob asked.

“Ya, only yourselves. I have everything else here,” Heath, said smiling.

“Ok, see ya later then.” Rob took hold of David’s hand the lead him to his truck. He gave him a kiss and said, “I love you.”

David kissed Rob back and got into his truck smiling.

David followed Rob all the way back to the apartment. They unloaded the truck and put everything in the spare bedroom. David started opening boxes seeing the mess he had to go through. He started making different piles to wash. He did find a box where someone had put some clothes that were still on hangers in it. He pulled them out and seen that they were his work clothes that he had gotten from the cleaners the first of the week, still in the plastic covering. He inspected them and found that some ironing would make them all right to wear, which was a good sign. Just one more thing he did not have to worry about today.

Rob came in to see if David needed any help. “What did you find? From the smile on your face it must mean something good.”

“Some of my work clothes are still in good shape, except maybe need a little ironing. Do you have an iron and an ironing board so I can press these a little, later on?” David asked.

“They are in the hall closet. You can do it Sunday, that way we can get everything else done and sorted out. Go put them in the walk-in closet in our room. I moved all my things to one side so you can have the complete other side for your hanging clothes. I am going to move around the dresser stuff so you can have some space there too.”

“Thanks Babe, but you did not have to do all that. I could put all my things in the closet here in this room so I am not crowding you out of your space.”

“You are not doing that Babe. I want you and your things in our room, not in this spare room. I don’t think you could fit anything in the closet in here anyways. I have all my camping things in there right now,” Rob said laughing.

David picked up a pile of clothes. “Ok, let’s get this load started in the washer and then I will put away what does not need to be washed. Do you mind if I just stack up the boxes that I don’t want to worry about right now? I will have time to go through more during next week when everything slows down a bit.”

“Babe this is your place too. You put them anywhere you want to and it is fine with me. Give me the first load and I will start them for you.”

David handed him the whites and then he walked into the master and hung up what he had found so far. He looked around the room seeing how his life was changing before his eyes. When he fell in love with Rob, he never imagined he would be moving into this apartment with him. He cannot wait until they found a house they can call their own. That thought reminded him that they never made the list that the realtor wanted from them.

Rob walked in the room seeing David just standing there in a daze. “David, are you all right?” Rob walked over to David putting his arms around his waist.

“I am fine, Babe. I was just standing here looking back on how I got to this point in my life. I think it might be time to confront my parents on the money. I still need to talk to Jack, but I don’t want to do it behind a piece of glass.” David started kissing Rob’s neck. He enjoyed the time when they could just be by themselves and show how much they loved each other.

“Hey, you need to stop or we are never going to get the things done around here before we go to Dad’s house.” Rob leaned back putting some space between them to get David to stop sucking on his neck. He needed to calm down the package between his legs before there was no return. “Let’s talk to Dad tonight about all this and see what he suggests you do and when. We don’t want to jump the gun and have things backfire. The D.A. was waiting until Monday to get with the detectives helping him. So let’s just talk to Dad and see. Ok?”

“Ok, thanks Babe. I love you,” David said then gave Rob a kiss, walking out the door going back into the spare room to finish sorting his clothes.

Rob was not happy with the reasons David moved in but he knew that he would not change his mind with him being here. He had planned to ask him to move in when David’s year was up at his apartment. But, Rob has never had a roommate so he is going to have to change some of his bad habits so they don’t have too many problems. Snapping out of his thoughts, he went to the kitchen to start a food list for when they go grocery shopping tomorrow. He was thinking that he would need to transfer some money from savings to checking since he only keeps three hundred extra in the account for food and activities at one time. He got his grocery list tablet out of the junk drawer and sat down at the bar to start the list.

“Hey, what are you doing?” David asked walking up behind Rob looking over his shoulder.

“Starting a grocery list for us. I was putting down what I eat, and then you can put down what you eat. Hopefully we can put it all together and make half-decent meals around here,” Rob said turning his head kissing David on his cheek smiling.

“Instead of going through all ‘what you eat’ and ‘what I eat’, how about making a dinner menu for each night of the week? If we change our mind on what we want to eat or something comes up and we don’t cook that night we can always have it another night. At least the food would be here to do the meals if we want them,” David said smiling, thinking he just made a good suggestion.

“That sounds better than what I was thinking. Let’s just write some dinners down and get our showers done before we go to dad’s house.” Rob started writing down what each one was saying to have for dinner. They made the list only enough to last until Thursday. They decided Friday they would go out to eat and maybe to the movies.

They completed the list and then went to the bathroom to take their shower, which was a pretty long one. Rob would not leave David’s dick alone so he had to give him some relief. David thought it was not fair, so he did the same for Rob. They got out and got dressed after having their fun time in the shower.

David got another load of clothes and started them since Rob had already put the first load into the dryer for him. He wanted to get them all done before work Monday and he did not want to tie up the washer just in case Rob needed to use it this weekend.

After getting, the clothes taken care of, they decided to head on over to Heath’s house since it was already five thirty.

Rob drove his truck over to his dad’s house, since David was still trying to remember the directions. Rob promised to write out a map for David.

Rob was sitting there laughing about how David gets lost turning the corner. “You know, I have never figured out how someone can get lost just by turning the corner. Do you have “which way do I turn” memory loss?” Rob laughed even harder.

“You know Rob you can be a real smart ass when you want to be. I don’t get lost turning the fuckin corner, you ass. I just have to go to the place a few times to remember how to get there. You had better stop picking on me or I will have your dad tell me some things about you that you don’t want me to know. Then we will see who laughs last.” David grinned with an evil look in his eyes. That shut Rob right up, because his dad would tell David stuff just so he could get back at him.

Rob pulled into his dad’s and both of them went in the house. “Hey Dad we’re here,” Rob said walking through the living room, going to the kitchen with David following him.

“Hi Rob, David. I was just wrapping the Texas potatoes. Did you get everything put away yet?” Heath asked looking at David.

“No, there is a lot that needs washing so I will be up tonight and all day tomorrow trying to get them done. Between food shopping and going through the stuff in your garage, there is a lot to do. I don’t want to tie up your car space for too long,” David said, as he was sitting down on one of the bar stools.

“Your things are fine David. You don’t have to rush getting everything done tomorrow. I know you have a lot on your plate right now so take your time with the things in the garage. My car is fine sitting outside for a few days, the weather is holding out and it won’t melt sitting in the sun.” Heath chuckled.

“Thanks, but I want to go through it to see if anything is missing. If I remember what I had in the room that is.” David wanted to change the subject, to get his mind off everything if only for a few minutes. “Tell me what Texas potatoes are?” he said looking at the bowl that was sitting on the counter.

Rob looked at David laughing. “Babe they are the tastiest potatoes you will ever have.”

“David, they are made with yellow potatoes. You cut them like you would a loaf of bread, then you split them up into serving sizes and lay them in foil, put a big chunk of butter in the middle, put Mrs. Dash, salt, pepper, and garlic powder on them. You fold the foil across them and roll the ends up so the juices don’t come out and you put them on the grill to cook. They are real easy to make. Rob knows how to cook them but he is just lazy and doesn’t like to make them.” Heath looked at Rob grinning.

“I just don’t like cutting the potatoes up. They leave that white film on my hands,” Rob said frowning at his dad.

“White film on your hands,” David said looking at Rob wiggling his eyebrows smiling.

“Smart ass, knock it off.” Rob elbowed David.

“Well you said it; I was only repeating what you said.”

Rob leaned over to David whispering in his ear, “I will show you white film tonight.”

Rob watched David’s face turn red. “Knock it off.”

“Ok you two, let’s get these on the grill and then in fifteen minutes we can put the steaks on. The salad is already made, so we can relax for a bit in the back yard. Do either of you want something to drink?” Heath asked.

“We can get it Dad. You go put them on the grill and we will be right out,” Rob said.

Heath went out the back door to the grill. Rob got up and fixed them each a big glass of ice tea. “Thanks Babe,” David said giving Rob a tongue kiss.

“Yummy that was good. Can I have another one?” Rob leaned back in to get another kiss.

David pulled back after the kiss looking at Rob. “I love you Babe.”

“I love you too,” Rob, said looking at David’s eyes and seeing a sparkle in them knowing he put it there.

They went out to the backyard to see if Heath needed any help. Seeing Heath was already sitting in a chair at the patio table, they sat down at the table too.

Heath was going to try and find out what David’s plans were about his parents, and brother, so he decided this might be the right time.

“David, have you made up your mind about your parents and brother yet? The reason I am asking is that you need to wait until you talk to Eric, to see what he finds out. Eric and I talked for a bit and he thinks you need to avoid their calls until he gets back to us. That way we will know more about what is going on, and who all is involved in this. I am curious about why you were never told about the money. What did they think would happen when you turned twenty-five? I am also wondering why you never were told by the bank, unless they sent you a letter and it was intercepted by your brother or parents. That might be what happened on that part. Nevertheless, it still does not excuse your parents from not telling you about the wills and the money. I don’t want to talk bad about your parents but in my opinion, they have a lot of explaining to do to you.”

“Heath, I have not decided what I am going to say to any of them right now. I would like to know the reasoning behind all this crap. I would also like to see Sally and that lawyer go to jail for stealing my money. I want them to give me the money back but I don’t think that will happen,” David said leaning his arms on the table shaking his head.

“David, I can put a lawsuit out against Mr. Harrison and Sally. I can probably get your money back plus more for you. It might take a while to get it but it is doable. I can almost guarantee you, they will go to jail just for what we have found so far and no telling what Eric is going to find on them. Now for your brother, that is a whole other thing. I want you to stay away from him altogether. He has been hanging with a crowd that can bring you nothing but bad shit. He is looking at a long stretch of time behind bars. If he tries to contact you, don’t take his calls right now. If it was me I would wait until he is sentenced and in the big house before I would talk to him, maybe not even then,” Heath told David.

“Why’s that Heath? I want to know why he did it and why did he get mixed up with the drugs. I know he got the same amount of money that I did. So it could not be because of money.”

“David, I don’t know why he did what he did. All I can say is that when you are dealing with drugs it can mess you up and the people around you. He was consorting with some big time dealers in the area, which is why I don’t want you to have any contact with him. If he can’t talk to you then maybe the guys he got the drugs from will leave you alone and think you have nothing to do with them. That is what I am hoping for. Eric said he is going to get some informants on the streets to put the word out that you had no knowledge of the drugs and that you we’re left in the dark about them until the apartment was searched. If it is done right, it will work in your favor,” Heath said, as he got up to check on the grill.

“Rob what is your opinion on all this? You have been quiet through all this talking so far.” David leaned back in the chair and started running his fingers on Rob’s arm.

“I think you need to think about your safety first. To me Jack made his bed, now he has to pay for what he was doing. No, I don’t want him to go to jail, but he did this to himself. You did not have anything to do with him going to jail. This is all on him. Now your parents, I am going to reserve judgment right now until I know more. I have known them a long time and I have never thought badly about them. I can give you my thoughts on this stuff but you will have to make the final decision. Dad will help point you in the right direction on everything but he is going to tell you the same thing, it will be your decision on what you want to do.” Rob kissed David and then hugged him rubbing his back. “I love you babe. I don’t want you to get hurt. I want you around for a long time. I would be lost without you in my life.” Rob let go of him when Heath walked back up to the table.

“Thanks Babe,” David said touching Rob’s cheek.

Heath looked at Rob saying, “Rob go in and get the steaks. They are in the icebox on a platter.”

Rob got up and went into the house, after leaning over giving David a kiss.

Heath sat down looking at David. “David I did not mean to scare you. I just want you to know what could happen.”

“I know. It is a little scary but if Eric does what he said then I should be fine.” David smiled at Heath. “Thanks for telling me. It helps me to understand a little better now that I have had time to sit and think about it. Just to let you know, Jack already tried to call once. I didn’t take the call. I let it go to voice mail, which he did not leave a message.”

“Ok, just remember what I said and you will be fine,” Heath said.

Rob came back out with the platter of steaks. He went over and put them on the grill. Heath went over and told Rob he would cook them. Rob went back to the table to sit with David. “Hey Dad. Can you help us make a list for the realtor? She might be calling by the middle of the week and we want the list done when she calls,” Rob said in a loud voice since Heath was on the other side of the yard.

Heath closed the bar-b-que lid and walked back to the table. “Yes, I can help you after we eat dinner. Go get the plates and the silverware please. The steaks will not take too long to cook.”

“I’ll help get everything out here. I am tired of sitting here watching you two do everything,” David said getting up to help.

David and Rob got all the utensils and plates, went back to the patio table. Heath brought over the steaks and potatoes to the table and they all dug in to eat. David did not realize how hungry he was until he started eating. He finished everything on his plate and then had seconds on the salad.

“Heath, that was great. Thanks for feeding me tonight. Those potatoes were great too. I am going to make some of them myself, since somebody won’t make them for me.” David looked over at Rob smiling.

“I will help make them, as long as you cut the potatoes,” Rob said sticking his tongue out at David.

“Ok, children, that is enough.” Heath was laughing at their antics. “Let’s clear the table and then we can make that list for you. I know you probably want to get home before it gets too late.”

They all got up and started carrying the dishes into the kitchen. David rinsed and Rob put them in the dishwasher. They finished the dishes and went back outside to the table. Heath grabbed his writing tablet and pen out of the drawer before walking back outside.

“Ok, we need a list of what we want in the house and outside the house. Then we need a list of what we don’t want.” Rob looked at David saying this.

David smiled at Rob and then looked over at Heath. “Heath what are the most important things in buying a house? Maybe that will help us to make the list.”

“Well, how many bedrooms and bathrooms are the biggest things. Then the garage, one car, or two car, pool, landscape, if you want a corner lot, and location. David, let’s just make the list and then you two can delete what you can live without. Does that sound good?” Heath was trying to write some of the things that he said down on the paper.

“Ok, this is what I want the house to have. Three bedrooms, two and half bathrooms, two car garage, big eat in kitchen, laundry room, half acre corner lot, dining room, and a big living room.” David already had made his list in his head when he got the idea of buying a house.

“I want all that, plus a pool.” Rob put his two-cents in on the list.

“Boys, that’s a tall order for the realtor. It is doable but if you want to be out of the apartment in a three month time frame, you need to watch how big your list is and location.”

“We know but we don’t want to have to remodel if we decide to adopt any kids. I see what you have here and I think if you can find this house I know we can find our dream home too,” Rob told his Dad.

Heath looked at Rob with a concerned look. “Rob, I was lucky finding this place. But if you take your time and look, you can find your dream home. Just be careful and don’t get something that you both don’t agree on.”

“Heath we both have to agree on this house or we are not going to buy it. I think we can both compromise on what we want in the house,” David said, trying to get Heath too not worry so much.

“Dad, we will be fine on this. We got the list started so when the realtor calls we will have an idea of what she can start looking for. Babe, let’s head home. You need to get some more clothes washed and I need to get on the computer and do a few things before tomorrow.” Rob stood up taking a hold of David’s hand. “Thanks for dinner Dad, and helping today. We will see you sometime tomorrow afternoon.”

“Thanks Heath, for having us for dinner. Have a good night,” David said walking next to Rob going back through house to the front door.

‘It was nice having you both here. I will see tomorrow. Goodnight.” Heath gave Rob and David a hug at the door. He watched them get in their truck, before shutting and locking the door.

Copyright © 2015 ShadowDancer; All Rights Reserved.
  • Like 8
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this story. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new chapters.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

There are no comments to display.

View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..