Jump to content
    ShadowDancer
  • Author
  • 2,105 Words
  • 1,610 Views
  • 6 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

You Can't Buy Love - 8. Chapter 8

Chapter 8

 

“Rob, the alarm went off, it’s time to get up babe.” David was looking at Rob standing by the side of the bed already dressed for work shaking Rob’s shoulder.

“Ok, what time is it?” Rob opened one eye looking up at David and growling.

“Its seven a.m. get out of that bed or you’re going to be late for work.”

Rob rolled over and threw the covers off himself sitting up frowning. “God, I need a couple more hours sleep. You kept me awake too late last night.”

“What do you mean I kept you awake? I was the one telling you to stop and go to sleep, but noooo you just had to keep messing with him and wanting to see how long he would stay hard. So this is all on you buster! Get up and jump in the shower. I will fix us something to eat while you shower then we can leave at the same time.” David kissed Rob’s forehead since Rob had morning breath. He was walking to the bedroom door as Rob yelled at him.

“Stop, get back here.”

“No, go get in the shower.” David turned and looked at Rob smiling.

“Not until you get back here.” Rob continued sitting on the side of the bed.

David walked back over to Rob. “What? If you don’t get up we are going to be late.”

“I want a good morning kiss.” Rob said pouting.

David bent down and gave Rob another kiss on the forehead. “There, satisfied now?”

“Noooo.” Rob grabbed David around the waist and pulled him onto the bed.

“Rob, please stop and get up.”

“I will tonight, but I want a kiss first.” Rob laid a big kiss on David, which made him squirm trying to get away.

“Rob, you have morning breath, and you never brushed your teeth before we fell to sleep.”

“So what, you love me anyway. Morning breath and all.” Rob jumped out of bed and took off for the shower listening to David growl. “And stop growling, you are not a bear.”

“I will show you a bear, you brat! Now I have to brush my teeth again.” David was saying this into thin air since Rob had already closed the bathroom door. ‘Damn it, he knows I don’t like morning breath kisses but will he stop, nooooo. I am going to find something that he does not like and start doing it to him, just to get back at him and see how he likes it.’ David walked into the kitchen to see what Rob had so they could have a quick breakfast. Only finding some milk, no eggs, he looked in the cupboard and found some Honey Nut Cheerios. ‘So I guess it is going to be cereal for breakfast.’ David got everything out and put it on the kitchen bar. He walked down the hall and still heard the water running so he opened the bathroom door. David could see Rob’s silhouette through the frosted glass. He stood there watching Rob wash his body, wishing he could be the one doing it for him. He turned and grabbed his toothbrush, looking in the mirror and seeing his hair needed a combed again. He brushed his teeth and combed his blond hair again thinking it was time for a haircut.

Rob opened the glass door seeing David standing there combing his hair, he grabbed a towel and dried his top half off stepping out of the tub. He stood next to David looking at him in the mirror. “You are so gorgeous.” Rob said nabbing his toothbrush.

David looked at Rob grinning. “I love you, you big lug head.”

“I know you do.” Rob said after he rinsed his mouth out. He put his hand on David’s cheek turning his head to face him. Rob leaned over and gave David a kiss, licking his lips for David to open them, which he did. The little kiss turned into a full tongue battle.

David leaned back looking into Rob’s eyes seeing a sparkle in them, which made his heart just melt that much more for this man. “Get dressed; I have some cereal sitting out to eat, since there is nothing else here. We are going to have to get some groceries in the house pretty soon.”

“Ya, I know, I have not done any major shopping in a while. We can go this weekend and stock up on food.” Rob was drying off then wrapped the towel around his waist. He went in the bedroom to get dressed and David walked back to the kitchen.

They finished eating and then left the apartment to go to work. David’s cell phone started ringing. David pulled it out to see who it was. “It’s Jack.” He told Rob. David answered as they were walking to his truck. “Yes…no I will be by after work…ok…bye.” David hung up frowning at the phone.

Rob looked at the frown on David’s face and asked. “What did he want?”

“He wanted to know if I was coming by the apartment this morning. That he wanted to talk to me before the day was over.”

“Did he sound mad or upset?” Rob asked standing at David’s truck door.

“No, he sounded out of breath. I think I need to take time just to drive by to see if he is at the apartment. I am getting a bad feeling about this phone call. He has never called and asked me that before. And I have stayed here lots of times overnight and he has never called then.” David opened his truck door and climbed in.

“Ok, I will follow you. Don’t stop if anything is going on, just keep driving then pull over down a ways from the apartment.” Rob gave David a kiss and went to his truck.

David pulled out and drove to the apartment. He got to the corner of the street and stopped to look and see if Jack’s car was there, but seeing a lot more than that. His dad’s truck and three more were there with a few people loading them up with furniture from the apartment. David pulled out and made a U-turn so they would not see him, and Rob followed behind him. David went around the block and parked at Gas-n-Save, Rob pulled in beside him looking pissed off. Rob got out and walked over to David’s door, opening it and putting him in a hug knowing he was upset too.

“Hey, calm down babe. I am going to call Russ to let him know I will be out today. I want you to call into work and take a sick day or vacation day.” Rob said holding David trying to calm him down.

“Why are they doing this to me? What the hell have I done to make them do all this?”

“I don’t understand any of this either babe, but I need you to call into work and get the day off and then when they all leave the apartment we will go in and get your stuff out. Your things had better be there or I am going to hunt Jack down and kick the bastard’s ass.” Rob let go of David so he could make the call to work.

They both made their calls, David asked his boss for a sick day since he was about to lose them if he did not use them in the next two months. Which his boss had no problem with him taking it off. Rob got Russ to cover for him at the shop. He then called his Dad to let him know what was going on. “Morning Dad…have you heard anything from that D.A. yet?...ok, David and I just drove by his apartment and Jack is clearing it out for some reason…I had David call in sick and I have Russ covering for me so we are free all day now…ok, I will wait here for you to call back…we are around the corner from the apartment now at this gas station…ok, bye.” Rob hung up the phone looking at David. “He wants us to wait here till he calls back. He is calling Eric to see what, if anything is going on. He doesn’t want us to confront them about moving Jack’s stuff out.”

“What the hell is going on Rob? I don’t understand any of this crap.” David said shaking his head.

“I don’t either babe; this is all just weird to me too. I thought I knew Jack but I guess I don’t know him as good as I thought I did.”

“But what does my dad and mom has got to do with it? With them keeping the money from me and now this, I just don’t understand any of it.” By now, David had tears running down his face, thinking he could not believe how his family is turning on him like this.

“I don’t know babe. Let’s see what Dad can find out for us, and then maybe we will know more then. Please calm down; I need you to have a calm head so you can understand what we find out from Dad. Come here.” Rob took hold of David rocking him and rubbing his back to see if that would calm him.

“I’m ok, babe. I just need some answers on all the crap that is happening.”

Rob’s phone rang. He looked at it and saw that it was his dad. “Hi Dad…ok, but we need to get David’s things out of that apartment…ok but why...really, why, what did he do…oh shit, I can’t believe this crap…what will they do to David since his name is on the lease too…but you know the same as me, he doesn’t do that shit…ya, he has been with me for the last two nights at my apartment…ok, we will come to the house, be there in a bit.” Rob closed his phone shaking his head.

He told David. “Dad does not want you or me to go in the apartment right now. Jack has hooked himself up with some bad shit right now and he has been being watched for the last few days by the cops. He told Eric what was going on and the cops are going there now to serve a search warrant on the apartment. Dad said since you are on the lease it could affect you too, but you have not been seen with Jack by the cops, so right now they are not looking at you in this. But they will be searching the whole apartment including your room. David think real hard could there be any drugs in your room or in any of your things?” Rob asked in a pleading voice.

“No, you know I don’t do that crap. But no telling what Jack or his buddies could have done. Shit Rob, I would not put it past them to pull that on me. Gosh damn it to hell, why me, why me? I should have moved out a long time ago but I was so damn stubborn and wanted to wait. Now look at the shit I am in now!” David was ready to go beat the shit out of Jack.

“Ok babe, Dad wants us to come to his house. Eric is coming by to talk to all of us there; he is bringing a detective with him to talk to you. Dad wants to do the questioning there so you will be more comfortable talking to them. This is right up Dad’s alley. He said he is taking you on as a client if they are looking at you too, but Eric said they are not looking in your direction right now. So let’s go to Dad’s and talk there. Do you want to take your truck back to my apartment or are you ok to drive over to my dad’s house?”

“No, I will drive it to your Dad’s house. I don’t want it sitting at your place just in case Jack or somebody drives by and see’s it there.” David kissed Rob and got in his truck.

“Ok babe, follow me and stay calm please. I love you. We will get through this together, ok?” Rob leaned in the door window giving David a kiss.

“I love you too, babe.”

Rob walked around to his truck and got in.

 

 

 

 

As the author, I take final responsibility for all parts of the story, including any errors.

Copyright © 2015 ShadowDancer; All Rights Reserved.
  • Like 9
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this story. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new chapters.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

I wish the chapters were longer. It seems I get started then, too soon, I am at the end with more questions than I had at the beginning!!! I can't wait to see what is going on and why the family has kept all this a secret!!!

Link to comment

I agree with gene. The pace is a bit frustrating. I want to get to the meat of the plot. We haven't learned anything yet.

Link to comment

I like the story and the characters so far. However.... it ....is....very....slow. 8....chapters....and....no....clue....why...

We understand it takes a lot to create and publish a story so keep up the good work.

Link to comment
On 05/05/2014 01:47 PM, Gene63 said:
I wish the chapters were longer. It seems I get started then, too soon, I am at the end with more questions than I had at the beginning!!! I can't wait to see what is going on and why the family has kept all this a secret!!!
Chapter 9 will give you a little bit more information about Jack and a tad longer. There is a chapter coming up soon that is a lot longer for you. Sorry for some of the short ones.
Link to comment
On 05/05/2014 01:48 PM, Rebelghost85 said:
I agree with gene. The pace is a bit frustrating. I want to get to the meat of the plot. We haven't learned anything yet.
You will learn more about Jack in the next chapter.
Link to comment
On 05/06/2014 07:14 AM, davewri said:
I like the story and the characters so far. However.... it ....is....very....slow. 8....chapters....and....no....clue....why...

We understand it takes a lot to create and publish a story so keep up the good work.

With this (so far) happening in a four day period I am trying to get a lot of information out. It will pick up speed when the D.A. gives everybody the information he finds. A little bit more of what Jack had been doing is in the next chapter to posted on Sunday.
Link to comment
View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..