Jump to content
    ShadowDancer
  • Author
  • 2,578 Words
  • 2,201 Views
  • 6 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

You Can't Buy Love - 2. Chapter 2

Chapter 2

 

Rob looked at his phone smiling at David, and then touched the screen to accept the call. “Hey, Jack.” Rob grabbed David’s hand to make sure he didn’t get up from his chair. He reached over giving David a kiss, whispering “I love you” … ya, I’m here, what’s up?...Ya, he is right here with me…yep, he sure did tell me what happened…well you have a lot of explaining to do to…Jack, I have heard all the crap you have said to him about being gay, then he finds you in bed with a guy. What did you expect him to do?...You are the one in the wrong here not him; he has been open to you about himself and he has been respectful in the apartment by not bringing a guy over there and then you do this…..Well, he is moving out so you don’t have to worry about who you bring home now….Ya, he said he has enough saved to move so he will be fine…You really need to talk to him about all this….I know you both love each other, you’re brothers and you will always have disagreements but you have to remember where he stands too and not just think of yourself. You both have been through a lot and this is just a bump in the road that will all work out in time…Ya, he is staying here tonight. He will be by in the morning to change for work…I don’t want you starting anything with him when he gets there or I will kick your ass myself…he doesn’t need to go to work with all this crap on his mind…There will be time to talk later, just let everything calm down for now then you can get together and talk this out…ok, talk to you later.” Rob hung up and grabbed David in a hug, seeing he had tears on his cheeks. “Hey now, none of that, it will all work out for the better. Let’s go look in the computer to see what we can find.” They got up with David wiping his cheeks. Rob saw him doing this and he put both his hands on David’s cheeks wiping more of the tears away. “Babe, I promise everything will be ok. I love you the same as you do me. I will be here for you and I will help you get through this.” Rob kissed David then hugged him.

“Thank you for being here for me. It’s just hard knowing what he has said and then what just happened. I just can’t wrap my head around it. I’m just going to start thinking of us moving in together, being together, and I get to have my best bed partner tonight,” David said this wiggling his eye brows at him.

“You goof, let’s clean up here then find us a place to live. You are my everything hun, and I love you soooo much.” Rob picked David up swinging him around and kissing him.

David laughed. “Who you calling a goof? Put me down before you hurt yourself,” Rob stopped but still held him off the ground kissing him like there was no tomorrow. Wow can he get his heart racing; he was just an amazing guy. “I love you too, babe,” David told him when the kiss ended.

They got everything cleaned up and started looking on the computer. They found a couple of places they wanted to look at over the weekend. Rob offered to make the phone calls and set the appointments up for them. “Make them for Saturday and I will make sure I don’t work that day.”

“Ok, I have that day off so that will work for both of us. Do you really think we need to get a three-bedroom place? I was thinking of a two-bedroom place; that will be enough for us, won’t it?” Rob asked.

“No, it would be nice to have an extra room so we could turn it into an office. I do bring home some work with me and I’m tired of having it all over the kitchen table and having to move everything just to eat. That way we can just close the door and not have to worry about it.”

“That would be nice. I didn’t even think of turning a bedroom into an office. That does sound nice though. Ok, we would take the master and then the next biggest room we can turn into an office, hopefully it’ll be big enough for two desks. That way you can have one for your office work, then we can have one for our private stuff, since I don’t need a desk for work.”

“That does sound good to me too. How about we lock up and go to bed, I’m starting to drag a little and I still want my dessert.” David put his arms around Rob’s neck giving him a slow kiss, moaning when their crotches touched.

David looked into Rob’s eyes when the kiss was over and saw something in them that he hadn’t seen before. “What’s wrong?” Did I say something wrong?”

“No babe, you didn’t do or say anything wrong. I was just thinking of us being able to lie in the same bed every night and me holding you all night long,” Rob explained, giving David a light soft kiss. “Let me lock up. You can have the bathroom first, I will meet you in the bedroom.”

“Ok, love you.”

“Love you too.”

David walked into the bathroom to relieve himself, wash his hands and face, and brush his teeth. He walked out as Rob was walking in, Rob patted his butt when he walked by him, David just gave him an evil look and started laughing. “Oh ya, I want what you got for me tonight, see ya in bed.”

Rob just nodded to David closing the door. David went in the room and undressed putting his clothes on the chair in the corner. He got into bed, laying there thinking that he could get spoiled if he didn’t watch himself. Rob walked in, went to his walk-in closet and got undressed. Rob walked over to the bed standing there looking down at David. “Come here hun, let me show you how much I love you,” David said.

Rob got into the bed, taking David in his arms.

                                                               

The alarm woke David up the next morning. He looked over at Rob and saw him watching at him. “How long have you been awake?”

“Right before the alarm went off. I was just watching you sleep, looking so relaxed and peaceful.”

“You do that to me. Just knowing that you love me and I’m not alone in this big world helps me make it through the day.”

“Thank you for saying that. Let’s get moving so you’re not late for work.”

“What time do you have to be at work?” David asked.

“I have to be there at eight.”

“Ok, and you will be able to call and set the appointments up for Saturday, right? I can do it if you don’t think you will have time,” David said looking at Rob, and running his fingers around his chest.

“I can do it, no problem. But you keep that up and we both are going to have a problem, sweetheart,” Rob said grabbing David’s hand to stop him.

Laughing, David kissed Rob and got up to get his clothes. “Now I know one of the things to do to start your motor running.”

“Ya, just remember paybacks, smarty pants.”

“I like your paybacks, babe. I better get a move on since I have to go by the apartment and get changed for work. Call me and let me know what you find out today, ok?” David was putting his shoes on when Rob walked up beside him to run his fingers through his hair. He looked up at Rob after he tied his shoes. “We ok?”

“Yep, I just like touching you. I will call you this afternoon. Have a good day and don’t get into it with Jack if he’s there when you get to the apartment.”

“I won’t, I’m just going to take a quick shower and leave. I better get out of here. Love you bunches, babe.” David gave him a big kiss and hug.

“Love you bunches too, see you tonight.”

David walked out to his truck smiling. He got to the apartment seeing Jack’s car wasn’t there, which was a relief. He went in and took his shower and got dressed for work. He walked in the kitchen to get some juice and saw an envelope on the counter. He looked at it and was shocked to see it was from a lawyer, it had his and Jack’s name on it. He sat down at the table and opened it up. Then he got a bigger shock, he couldn’t believe this crap. Why did Jack not tell him about this, it could have saved him a lot of headaches over the past year. He was going to kick his ass for keeping this from him. He got up and called work telling them he would be in after lunch; he had forgotten about a doctor’s appointment he had that morning.

David went into Jack’s room searching in his things to see if he could find any more letters addressed to him and Jack. He opened the bottom drawer of Jack’s dresser and found a hand full of envelopes. He took them to his room to go through them. There were monthly notices going back eighteen months. Wait a minute, he thought, ‘that was about the same time grams and grandpa died in that car accident’. He remembered now, he was in Atlanta, at a conference with the company and he had to come home for the funerals and then he had go back since his team was putting on a demonstration and he had to be there for it. He couldn’t believe that Jack and his parents had kept this from him.

David pulled his phone out and called Rob. “Hey, can you get off work for a bit, I really need you right now. I’m ready to go over the rents’ house and have it out with them and then I’m going beat the shit out my brother. I’m so damn angry with them right now.” David knew he was probably scaring Rob but he was so damn pissed off.

“Hun, slow down. What’s going on?”

“I got to the apartment and Jack wasn’t here so I took my shower and got ready to go to work. I went into the kitchen to get some juice to drink on the way to work and there was an envelope sitting on the counter with mine and Jack’s name on it. I opened it up and got the shock of my life. Rob, Jack and my parents have been keeping this from me for eighteen months, if not more. I could have already gotten my degree, and not had to live with this asshole of a brother.”

“Ok, I’m leaving right now. I’m coming from my apartment since I hadn’t left for work yet. Give me time to get there, babe. Calm down and take some deep breaths.”

“Rob, why would they do this to me?”

“Hun, I don’t know the whole story yet but we will figure this out. I’ll be there soon.”

“Ok, thanks for coming.”

“Babe, I told you I would be here for you anytime you need me.”

“I know, I love you. God, I need you to hold me before I do something stupid.”

Rob was just leaving the apartment when David called him, so he made it to David’s apartment within five minutes.

“Hun, I’m at the door, let me in.”

David took off running to the door. He opened it and grabbed Rob around the neck holding as tightly as he could. “Babe, come on, let me shut the door.”

David let go of him and shut the door once Rob was inside. David took his hand and led him to his room to show him what he found. “Here, look at these.” He gave Rob the papers.

Rob was looking at them, and then looked at David. “I don’t know what to say, except why they would keep this from you when this is your money? It’s not like you are ten years old, you’re twenty-five years old and this is yours, not theirs. If this were me, I would go to this lawyer’s office and demand the money to be handed over. David, don’t say anything to your brother or your parents yet. Get this put in a bank under your name right now, and then let your anger out on them. If you say something to them beforehand they could try and maybe hide this or something so you can’t get to it. This is your inheritance that your grandparents wanted you to have,” Rob said, handing the papers back to David.

“But why would they do this, knowing I wanted to go to college and get my degree?”

“I don’t know sweetheart, but you need to put all this back right where it was, and put the other one on the counter so Jack does not know that you found all this. Something is going on here and I don’t like it at all. Did you look at the address where these are going to, it’s a P.O.box here in town. We need to get you over to this lawyer’s office right now.”

“Ok, let me put this all back and then will you go with me and help me?”

“Ya, but I can’t say anything to them, but I can be there for you.”

“That’s fine. Damn it, I’m so angry with them right now.”

“David, go put these back, and then let’s take your truck over to my place. We will take my truck to this lawyer’s office, that way if Jack comes back here he will think you are work.”

“Ok, let’s get this over with so we can find out what is going on. I hope this lawyer will talk to me.”

“Babe, he has to talk to you, this is in your name too.”

David put all the papers back in Jack’s dresser and the one he found on the kitchen counter. “Let me grab some clothes so I don’t have to come back here tonight and I can go from your place straight to work in the morning. If that is ok with you?”

“That is more than ok with me. Let’s just hurry, I don’t want Jack walking in on us here.”

David went in and got what he needed to take and they went out to their trucks. “I will follow you, babe.”

“Ok, just calm down for me. We will find out what is going on soon,” Rob said as he gave David a hug and kiss.

They dropped David’s truck off and went to the attorney’s office. The attorney’s name was Mr. Harrison. They walked in the office door and David stopped in his tracks, which made Rob run into his back. “Hey, you ok?”

 

 

 

 

 

As the author, I take final responsibility for all parts of the story, including any errors.

Copyright © 2015 ShadowDancer; All Rights Reserved.
  • Like 11
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this story. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new chapters.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

Wow, didn't see that coming. So David didn't over-react. If he hadn't caught Jack in bed with a guy it would have taken a longer time (if ever) for him to find anything out. What is Jack up to? And now that they are at the lawyer's office what made David stop short? What, or who did he see? Hope we'll find that out soon.

Link to comment

Why do I think Jack is screwing the lawyer? :o Something made David stop when he got there. I like your story. Somehow missed it. Glad I found it this morning. Good job!

Link to comment
On 03/28/2014 04:35 AM, joann414 said:
Why do I think Jack is screwing the lawyer? :o Something made David stop when he got there. I like your story. Somehow missed it. Glad I found it this morning. Good job!
Thanks Joann for finding the story and reading it, a lot will be told in next chapter but not all of the answers. :)
Link to comment
On 03/28/2014 12:33 AM, Terry P said:
Wow, didn't see that coming. So David didn't over-react. If he hadn't caught Jack in bed with a guy it would have taken a longer time (if ever) for him to find anything out. What is Jack up to? And now that they are at the lawyer's office what made David stop short? What, or who did he see? Hope we'll find that out soon.
Yep next chapter will tell ya why David stopped short and a few other answers will be told but a lot of questions still out there to be answered.
Link to comment
On 03/27/2014 02:55 PM, Gene63 said:
Very interesting!!! I can't wait to see where this goes and who is in the office!!!
Next chapter will tell ya, thanks for reading.
Link to comment
View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..