Jump to content
    ShadowDancer
  • Author
  • 2,056 Words
  • 2,978 Views
  • 2 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

You Can't Buy Love - 1. Chapter 1

Chapter 1

 

“You are not going to believe what happened to me today.”

David was saying this when he walked in the apartment expecting to find his brother sitting there on the couch like any other day when he got home from work. David and his brother Jack have lived together since they we’re both trying to save money so they could get their own place and have enough to rent for a year.

David wanted to go back to college and Jack wanted to have something but now he doesn’t remember what it was; Jack had changed his mind so much he could never keep track anymore.

David shut the door and locked it, like always. He put his coat in the closet then went in the kitchen not finding anybody there. He started walking down the hallway, stopping in his tracks. He could hear some moaning coming from his brother’s room. He walked to Jack’s door, trying to hear what was going on. He heard nothing but moaning then all of a sudden he heard, “Fuck ya, just like that,” recognizing his brother’s voice.

Wondering what was going on, he opened the door real slow so whoever was in there couldn’t hear him. He looked in and saw his brother on his bed with another guy on top of him. Oh My God! The guy had his dick in his brother’s ass. He was going to kill him. He never thought that his brother liked guys that way. He always wondered why he never dated women; his brother always told him he didn’t have time with all the work he had going on. Now he knew why.

“I’m going to kick your ass, big brother,” David yelled opening the door all the way, walking into Jack’s room.

Jack looked at David like a deer caught in the headlights. He pushed the guy off of him and jumped out of bed. “You were working late, what are you doing home?”

“I was, but I left early. Glad I did now. How long has this been going on BIG BROTHER?” Ya, he yelled at him, Jack had been giving him hell since he told him he was gay. And Jack always told him he didn’t care that his brother was gay as long as he kept it out of the apartment. Which he had been doing but now he didn’t have to. Boy was Jack in for the shock of his life now. David had been keeping it from him, that he had been dating his best friend for the last eight months. This was going to shock the hell out of Jack. Yep, shock him big time.

“Get out, I will be out in a minute,” Jack said looking at David.

“No, I think you can explain this to me right now. I have had to put up with your snide comments and hatred about me being gay. Then I walk in and find you in bed with a guy. How long have you been doing this, Jack?” David asked him with watery eyes. This had hurt him more than Jack would ever know with all his, ‘I don’t want that in the apartment, don’t bring any guy here and fuck them here, keep your trash out of here,’ and so on, and so on. He had heard it all out of Jack’s mouth, then he pulled this shit on him! No fuckin’ way was he getting away with this.

“Just go in the living room and I will be out in a few,” Jack looked at David with pleading eyes.

David turned around and walked out of Jack’s room slamming the door. He went into his room to change clothes. Then he picked up his cell phone and dialed. “Hey babe, we need to talk…ya, shit has hit the fan here…ok, I will be there in a bit…love ya too…bye.” David grabbed his keys and went into the living room to get his jacket. As he walked in he noticed Jack was sitting on the couch looking at him. “I will be back later,” He got his coat on and had the front door open when he heard Jack.

“We need to talk, David.”

David looked at him telling him, “Not now, I need some space right now.”

“Where you going? We need to settle this now.”

“Out, and it is none of your business where I go since you have your boyfriend here. Go back to him for comfort because you will not find it from me any time soon. You fucked up big time, BIG BROTHER.” David walked out slamming the door.

David got in his truck thinking that he had to find his own place. Damn it, he only had a couple more months then he would have had enough cash to do what he had been planning for almost a year. He had gotten almost nine thousand dollars saved; he just needed a couple more thousand and then he would have been set to get his own place and start college up again. Damn it, why did this shit always happen to him? He came out of the closet to the folks when he was sixteen and his life had been hell ever since. He finished high school then went to college for one semester and then his dad cut off all his funds, saying money got too tight for them and they couldn’t pay for him to go college. He had to get a job if he wanted to stay in college and pay his own way. He knew he couldn’t do both so he tried to come up with some money to find a place to live. He dropped all his classes and found an amazing job at High Tech doing something he really enjoyed. He’s a geek if that’s what you want to call him, even though he definitely didn’t look like one. He had been with the company for three years and had gained the ranks to level five which meant he had his own office and was in charge of a team of ten people. He was one of the draftsmen, but still low on the totem pole in that part of the company. He had three bosses above him but they let him have a lot of leeway in doing his job. He just needed to earn a degree so he could be one of the bosses, which was his goal.

David pulled into Rob’s complex noticing his boyfriend’s truck there in his space. He parked in the visitors parking and got out, walked up to Rob’s door and knocked.

“Hey babe, come in here. I have missed you so much.” Rob grabbed David in a hug, giving him a big tongue kiss which he definitely misses when they were not together. They went to the couch and sat down with Rob holding David. “Ok, tell me what happened. I can tell it had to have been bad for you to have a frown on that beautiful face of yours.” Rob kissed David’s lips softly trying to get him to smile, which he did just for him. Rob was so in love with him it made him crazy sometimes.

“You wouldn’t believe what I walked in on when I got home from work; this is going to freak you out…..” David told Rob everything that happened and Rob’s mouth almost dropped to the ground when he told him the part about Jack having a guy’s dick up his ass. Once he was finished, he told him that he was going to look for his own place that coming weekend and he was hoping that he could be in it by Monday, before work.

“I can’t believe that jerk. After all the crap I’ve heard him say about gay men, and then all along he has been gay. Going behind our backs and hiding it. That was pretty low on his part,” Rob said pulling David closer to him and kissing the top of his head. “Hey, we have talked about it before but you kept putting me off. Why don’t we find a place closer to your work, since my work is only a mile from yours, that way neither one of us will have far to travel. You know I have been trying to get you to move in here with me. This is just the opening we need to do this. A fresh start for both of us.” Rob smiled at David before kissing his lips. “I love you babe, it would be nice to wake up with you in our bed. I know in my heart we can make this work.”

“That sounds good, but we will have to find a place big enough for all of our things. You know I have been buying things for when I moved into my own place. It would be great to wake up to you every morning. I miss you when I have to go home.” David smiled and kissed him. “Rob, you know I love you but you also know that I have not come out to anybody at work yet. I don’t want to lose my job if the bosses are bigots, so I’m going to have to feel them out before I say anything to them. They are going to question me as it is when they find out that we are sharing a place, so just give me time on that part, ok.”

“I don’t have a problem with that. As long as you are there and in my bed, I’m fine.”

“Good, just give me time. What are we going to do about Jack? You know he is going to call you. I’m surprised he hasn’t by now. I left there with everything still not resolved between us. I love that big jerk, but how do I forgive him for saying all those things to me when he himself was so far in the closet, I didn’t see it at all. I always wondered why he never dated women but I just thought with work and the ‘rents he just never found the time to date. Now that I think about it, all those long nights when he told me he was working, he was probably with a guy somewhere. I just can’t get it out of my head seeing him with a guy in his bed.”

“Let’s go lay down for a little bit. Then we can find something to eat and look on the computer to get an idea where we want to start looking for a place to live. You have no clue how happy you just made me, babe. I love you.” Rob kissed David then pulled him up from the couch. They walked to Rob’s room holding hands. They laid on the bed holding each other talking about all the crap Jack had done, and what kind of places they wanted to look at.

“Hey, is that you growling there?” Rob teased David, laughing.

David looked up at Rob, since his head was on Rob’s chest, smiling. “Ya, guess my stomach is telling me to feed it. You going to feed me or do I have to get my protein shake now rather than later?” David laughed, as he reached down rubbing Rob’s crotch, since they still had all their clothes on.

“You keep that up, and you will get that shake sooner than you think. You brat, let’s go in the kitchen to see what we can find in there to eat. Then we both can have dessert.” Rob gave David a kiss then they got up to go eat something.

Nothing was resolved about Jack yet but they did decide that they we’re going to tell him tomorrow that they were together. Tonight was only going to be about them, and not about anything out the front door. They found some soup and lunch meat so they fixed that and sat at the table eating. They we’re almost done when Rob’s cell phone started ringing. David looked at Rob smiling. “You going to get that?”

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

As the author, I take final responsibility for all parts of the story, including any errors.

Copyright © 2015 ShadowDancer; All Rights Reserved.
  • Like 14
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this story. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new chapters.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

I can understand David's reaction at what he saw, but I would think (hope) after giving it some thought he would at least understand why his brother was hiding his sexuality. He was afraid that what his family did to David, they would do to him. Of course, I think if my brother was guy he would be the very first one I came out too, rather than being a totally ignorant and hypocritical fool he was. But, if the two talk it over (after David calms down of course) then things could be even better between them.

Link to comment
On 03/26/2014 12:33 AM, Terry P said:
I can understand David's reaction at what he saw, but I would think (hope) after giving it some thought he would at least understand why his brother was hiding his sexuality. He was afraid that what his family did to David, they would do to him. Of course, I think if my brother was guy he would be the very first one I came out too, rather than being a totally ignorant and hypocritical fool he was. But, if the two talk it over (after David calms down of course) then things could be even better between them.
Nope don't play out that way, not a happy ending for Jack. But David maybe. :P
Link to comment
View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..