Jump to content
    ShadowDancer
  • Author
  • 3,018 Words
  • 1,448 Views
  • 5 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

You Can't Buy Love - 12. Chapter 12

Some questions answered in this chapter.

Chapter 12

Rob pulled into the complex and parked his truck. He looked over at David seeing that the last few days had taken a toll on him.

“Babe, why don’t you take a long hot bath and relax for a bit. I will get your clothes switched around for you. The things in the spare room are fine for right now; you can do a little at a time after work each day so you don’t wear yourself out. I don’t want to see you get sick over all this crap.” Rob ran his finger down David’s cheek, and then leaned over giving him a soft kiss.

“That would be nice, babe. I have so much I need to get done but I also need to relax and tell myself there is always tomorrow to get something done. I just know I don’t want to tie up your dad’s space too long. Let’s go in the apartment and talk more, I feel like we are being watched.” David looked around the complex but did not see anything out of the ordinary.

Rob got out and went to David’s side of the truck taking hold of his hand. Rob had his defenses up, walking up the stairs to the apartment. When David said he felt like someone was watching them, Rob was not going to take any chances. They reached the top of the stairs seeing a guy standing by their door. “What can I do for you?” Rob asked.

“I am here to see a David Andrews. Do you know if he lives here?” the guy asked Rob.

“Who is asking?” Rob said staring the guy down, not liking the looks of him.

“I have a delivery for him.” the guy was holding a letter size envelope in his hand.

“And you’re from where and you haven’t told me your name yet,” Rob said, never taking his eyes off the guy still holding tight to David’s hand.

“I am just a carrier and I have a certified letter for a David Andrews. If he doesn’t live here, I will notify the sender that I was unable to deliver, thanks.” The guy turned and started down the stairs when Rob spoke up.

“He lives here but he is out of town until next week. If you let me sign for it, I will make sure he gets it.” Rob had his hand out for the guy to give him the letter.

“That would be great, just sign here and you can have it.” The guy handed Rob the letter and his clipboard for him the sign the delivery slip. Rob signed it with a fictitious name and handed it back to the guy.

Rob and David watched the guy walk down the stairs. “David go in the apartment and lock the door. I am going to get his plate number and have Dad run it for me.” Rob took off down the stairs and watched the guy get into a blue Honda Accord. He memorized the number and went back upstairs, seeing that David was not there by the door. He unlocked the door and went inside; David was standing there by the couch looking at the envelope in his hand. Rob got his phone out and called his father. “Hey Dad…we got home and this guy was here with a delivery for David…ya it looks like a letter…no not yet…ok…see ya in a bit.” Rob hung up the phone and found a piece of paper to write the tag number down.

Rob went to David and wrapped his arms around him, holding him tight. David was shaking. “Babe, Dad is on his way over. He wants to see what was delivered.”

“What could this be? Nobody knows I live here yet. Hell, I just got my things in here today. I can’t take any more of this crap, I am about ready to blow a gasket,” David said into Rob’s neck squeezing him tight almost in tears. He just wanted everything to go away so he could have a little peace and quiet.

Rob was rubbing David’s back trying to calm him down. “Babe, I love you so damn much. I wish I could take all this crap away for you.” Rob leaned back looking at David, seeing tears running down his cheeks. “Babe, don’t cry. Dad will help and we have many other people on our side in all of this and they will help too. You don’t have to take everything on by yourself, I will always be here for you. You know that, right?” Rob was wiping David’s tears away with his finger, and then gave him a long tongue kiss.

“Rob, I love you too. I know you are here for me. I just want everything to go away. I want a night with no worries and have my time only with you. Is that too much to ask?” David leaned back in hugging Rob.

Rob stood there holding David rubbing his back softly and just kept telling him that he loved him. He didn’t know how long they stood there holding each other but the doorbell alerted them that Heath was there. “Babe that is probably Dad. Let me get the door and then we can see what is in the envelope.” David let go of Rob so he could get the door. He went over and sat down on the couch. Rob went and let his dad in.

David looked at the envelope in his hand, shaking his head getting madder about it. He looked up at Heath when he sat down in the chair next to the couch. “David, have you opened it yet?” Heath asked.

“No, I am a little scared to right now. I don’t know what else could happen to me if I did.”

“Do you want me to read it first for you?”

David handed it over to Heath. Rob took hold of David’s hand sitting next to him. “I love you,” Rob said softly kissing David’s cheek.

Heath opened the envelope, took out the piece of paper and started reading it to himself. He looked at David, folding the paper back up and laying it on the coffee table. He put a smile on his face and said, “David, this is from a defense lawyer that is handling Jack’s case. According to this paper, Jack is turning all his bank accounts over to you. There is a letter in it from Jack to you, along with a notarized statement releasing his accounts to you. This letter is dated with today’s date so it must have been done as soon as he got a lawyer assigned to him today. I can do some background work on this for you and see what is going on but I have a weird feeling Jack is up to something or he is trying to hide something. Let me call Eric and see what he says then we can go from there.”

“Find out what you can for me, please. I don’t want his money, for all I know it could be drug money. I can just sign everything over to my parents and they can deal with it themselves.” David got up and went into the bathroom to wash his face, wishing he could get to Jack right now and beat the crap out of him for putting him through all this shit. He sat on the toilet rubbing his face with the cloth, knowing he had to go back out there and deal with the letter. He got up and went back out to the living room seeing that Rob and Heath were talking very low so he could not hear what was being said. “Can I see the letter please?” David asked Heath.

“Sure, I need to head home you two. It has been a long day and I am worn-out.” Heath handed the envelope to David, and then put his hand on his shoulder giving it a squeeze. “Bring everything to the house tomorrow, including Jack’s letter and I will make copies for Eric and your file I have with all your other documents. Get some rest tonight and try not worry too much. Remember, I will be here for you, if you ever need me for anything. You are part of this family now and I do care about you.” Heath went to the door to leave.

“Thanks Heath for all you have done. It is nice to know that you are on my side with everything going on.” David walked over to Heath to shake his hand but Heath pulled him into a hug.

“I will see you both tomorrow, goodnight.” Heath said opening the door.

“Night, Dad. Oh Dad I wrote the tag number down of the guy that delivered the document, thought maybe you could check him out if you think you need to.” Rob handed his dad the piece of paper he wrote the number down on.

“Ok, thanks I will turn it over to Eric,” Heath said, walking out the door.

“Night, Heath.” David shut and locked the door, turning to find Rob standing right in front of him.

“Babe, I am going to go take that bath. Would you care to join me?” David asked.

“How about you take the bath and I will keep you company, but not in the bath. If you are nice to me I just might wash your back.” Rob smiled.

“That sounds good to me. Then you can read this letter to me.” David looked at the piece of paper in his hand.

“That is fine babe. Let’s go get the bath done with and then we can go to bed. We have a long day tomorrow, and I know you are worn out.”

Rob and David walked to the bathroom. Rob started the water and added some bath salts to help David relax.

David undressed and got in the water when the tub filled up. Rob got a washcloth and started washing his back and shoulders. “mmmm….that feels so good sweetheart.” David was enjoying the attention he was getting from Rob. “Rob, will you read the letter for me please? That way we can just get it over with instead of worrying about it all night.”

“Sure, let me dry my hands first.” Rob kissed David then dried his hands, picking up the letter off the counter. He sat on the closed toilet, looking at David. “Are you sure you want me to read this to you, Babe?” Rob was looking at the piece of paper feeling as if he was intruding in David’s family business.

“Yes, I have nothing to hide from you. Please read it to me.” David was laying back in the bathtub looking at the water thinking. He wished all this crap had not happened to him. With catching Jack in bed with another man, then the drugs, hiding the money from him, not knowing his parents role in all this yet, having to move out of the apartment sooner than he planned. This was taking a big toll on him, he just hopes he can keep his self together and come out in one piece. David looked up at Rob and smiled at him, nodding.

Rob opened the letter looking at it saying,

“Hey Bro,

I know you have a lot of questions going through your head right now. I am sure there will be more, coming your way when everything is, said and done. Please, I need you to forgive me. Which I know is a tall order coming from me right now. I have a lawyer and he is fixing a document for me to sign to release all of my bank accounts over to you. I need you to close all the accounts, and open one up in your name and put the money from the accounts in it. I know I will be going away for a long time so if you can do this for me, please. Mom and Dad know nothing about the accounts. Please don’t let them know about them. Dad is not happy right now and is probably going crazy. I wish things could have been different, I made my choices and now I have to pay for them. I love you and I hope one day you will forgive me for the stuff that I have done. By now, I am sure that you have found out about Gram’s and Gramp’s wills and all the money that you never knew about. Talk to Mom and Dad about why you were never told about it, they can explain it to you. I hope they will. The money is in an account for you to have so use it to go back to school or use it to have a better life for yourself. I never told the parents about me being gay for a reason you will soon find out. You and Andy are the only ones that know, except for Rob now, but don’t tell them, please. I have to go, so just please move the money for me.

I love you Bro,

Jack”

 

Rob refolded the letter looking at David. “David, what are you thinking of doing?” Rob was worried that David was going to do what Jack asked of him.

“Rob, I am going to sign over the accounts to your Dad, since he is my lawyer. I will have him put all the money in an account under his name, but with yours and mine on it, as signatures only. That way nobody can get the money out unless all three of us sign for the with-drawls. I don’t know how much money he is talking about, he never said an amount in the letter. That way it will be there for him when he does get out. I don’t want any of that dirty money.” David stood up and grabbed a towel to dry off; as he was drying off, he looked at Rob. “I want you to keep your promise that you made to me at your Dad’s.”

Rob looked in the mirror at David and smiled. “I always keep my promises with you.” He grabbed his toothbrush and brushed his pearly whites. “Finish up in here and I will see you in the bedroom. I love you, Babe.” He kissed David on the lips and left the bathroom. He walked into the bedroom, went over to the stereo and found the songs he wanted to play.

David hung up his wet towel, brushed his teeth and combed his hair. He walked into the hall naked going to the bedroom. He stopped at the door listening to the song that was playing.

I'm gonna be here for you baby,
I'll be a man of my word
Speak the language in a voice that you have never heard
I want to sleep with you forever
I want to die in your arms
In a cabin by a meadow where the wild bees swarm.
And I'm gunna love you
Like nobody loves you,
I'll earn your trust making memories of us.

David walked in the room looking at Rob standing there next to the bed. He started singing the song to Rob, walking over to him, putting his arms around Rob’s waist swaying his hips.

 

I want to honor your mother,
I want to learn from your pa
I want to steal your attention like a bad outlaw
I want to stand out in a crowd for you,
A man among men
I want to make your world better than it's ever been.
And I'm gunna love you
Like nobody loves you,
I'll earn your trust making memories of us.
We'll follow the rainbow
Wherever the fourwinds blow,
There'll be a new day
Comin' your way.
I'm gonna be here for you from now on
This you'll know somehow
You've been stretched to the limits but it's alright now

And I'm gonna make you a promise
If there's life after this,
I'm gonna be there to meet you with a warm wet kiss.
I'm gonna love you
Like nobody loves you
I'll earn your trust making memories of us.
Yeah, I'm gonna love
Like nobody loves you,
And win your trust making memories of us.

 

When the song ended, David looked into Rob’s eyes and saw all the love that he had for him. David leaned forward locking lips with Rob, running his tongue over Rob’s lips. Rob opened his lips to let David’s tongue in his mouth. He always enjoyed David’s passionate kisses when he was in the mood to take him to heaven.

David was kissing Rob but also listening to Rob’s song choices. ‘Because you Love me’ was the next song that played. David broke the kiss looking at Rob. “Rob, is there a reason you are playing these certain songs right now?”

Rob took hold of David’s hand after pulling back the covers on the bed; he had him lay down in the middle of the bed. Rob straddled David’s waist leaning down kissing his neck then continuing down to his chest kissing as much skin as he could. “Babe, I just wanted to show you how much you mean to me and I wanted this night to be the start of our lives together. Last night and all the others that you stayed here we’re fabulous but this is the night I want us to remember the most. The first night that we are truly living together. I want us to see the stars together when we make love.”

David pulled Rob up so he could see his eyes. “Stars!... Babe, I see stars every time we make love.” David kissed Rob laying his head back on the pillow.

“You make every dream I have come true. I love you so damn much Babe,” Rob said with watery eyes.

“Babe, take me to heaven and let me see the stars while being in your arms.”

Copyright © 2015 ShadowDancer; All Rights Reserved.
  • Like 9
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this story. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new chapters.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

More unanswered questions...when do we get some answers? I'm impatient...LOL!!! I love the intrigue and the mystery.

Link to comment
On 06/18/2014 03:16 AM, davewri said:
Still a lot of questions and no answers. Nothing from the parents? :/
Some in next chapter in regards to the parents plus two things coming to light. Thanks for reading
Link to comment
On 06/18/2014 03:16 AM, davewri said:
Still a lot of questions and no answers. Nothing from the parents? :/
Some in next chapter in regards to the parents plus two things coming to light. Thanks for reading
Link to comment
On 06/18/2014 12:56 AM, Gene63 said:
More unanswered questions...when do we get some answers? I'm impatient...LOL!!! I love the intrigue and the mystery.
Next chapter answers a few questions, plus a little surprise. Next chapter completed and at editors now. Thanks for reading
Link to comment
View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..