Jump to content
    ShadowDancer
  • Author
  • 3,202 Words
  • 1,738 Views
  • 0 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

You Can't Buy Love - 5. Chapter 5

Chapter 5

 

“Ya, I do. I’m going to kick the bitch’s ass! That is my cousin; she works with that lawyer,” David said shaking his head. He looked over at Rob, “Rob, has my brother said anything about her to you?”

“Not that I can think of, we didn’t really talk about extended family members. But I know her from being around your family. When we got together I stopped going to the bars with him, pretty much stopped seeing him much unless you were around. Why did you ask that?”

“The last I heard about Sally, she was facing charges and possible jail time for theft and burglary. It was a surprise to see her in that lawyer’s office,” David said clenching his hands getting angry. “She is the one ripping me off.”

“Hang on David, let’s print these out and match them with the statements and see if there is any missing before you go to the bank.” Heath saw that they were all there and printed them out. He added the withdrawals up and got the total. He showed David there was $97,435 in withdrawals. “And that makes $22,529 interest this account had collected since opening it.” Heath said to David after doing some figuring on his calculator.

“Ok, that’s what was stolen, but now are they all with Sally’s name on them?”

Heath got the printouts and started going through them. “It looks like she did the last three but it looks like Harrison did the other five. There are only eight withdrawals, but Harrison took out the most at one time. Let’s see what Sally took out.” Heath added the three up. “Ok, she took out $23,000 even. So that leaves Harrison with $74,435. Ok, I think we need to involve the D.A. in this now since we have proof of everything. David, you go get the signature card and I will call the D.A. and get us an appointment for today.”

“I need to call my work to let them know I will be out rest of the day.” David called work from his cell and told them something came up and that he would be back the following morning.

“Ok, babe let’s go to the bank. Dad, we will see you in a bit,” Rob said taking hold of David’s hand.

They went back to Bank One and talked to Jesse, the manager. David asked him to give him a copy of the signature card. He really didn’t have to say a lot since the account was in David’s name. David looked at the paper after Jesse handed it to him and saw the only names on it were Steve Harrison and Sally Stevens, which did not make any sense his dad was the trustee of the will. They thanked Jesse for his help and went back to Heath’s office.

David handed the paper to Heath telling him it had Harrison and Sally’s names on it.

“I called the D.A. and explained to him what had happened and asked if there was any way they could help you. The D.A. said for us to bring in all the evidence that we had and he or his assistant would take a look at them. I’m going to make copies of everything we have so I can keep a copy here in the office. The D.A. said he would see us at 4:30; he had court this afternoon but should be done by then. If you two have something to do, go do it and be back here at 4:00 and we can leave from here,” Heath said with a smile. Heath and the D.A. Eric, have been friends since grade school, so when he calls with a problem Eric always makes time for him.

Rob looked at his Dad. “Thanks Dad, for all the help you’ve given us. Now I have a question for you.” Heath nodded to his son. “Can you tell us which realtor you used when you bought the new house?”

“Yes, I have her name and number here.” Heath pulled out his address book. “Her name is Julie Henderson, she is with Accord Realty. Now what is going on?”

“We’re thinking about buying a house instead of throwing away our money renting a place. I still have the money mom left me so I can cover half of the cost, and with David getting this money he can cover the other half. Well, at least the down payment anyway. If we can get a loan and the payments stay about what we have been paying in rent, we would be able to afford the house,” Rob explained, and then looked at David. “This is still what you want to do, right?”

“Yep, sure do, nothing has changed since we talked earlier. I just want to be with you and get on with my life with you by my side.” David put his hand on Rob’s shoulder giving it a squeeze.

“Give Julie a call son, ask if she has anything for you two to look at. What are your requirements on the house you both would like to have? You might want to think ahead in both of your futures and ask yourself if there could be children involved. If so, make sure you have enough bedrooms so you don’t have to look again for a bigger house if that time ever does come.” Heath laughed, looking at David’s facial expression. “David, I would love to have grandchildren one day. When Rob came out to me I thought that dream was in the toilet but he told me he and his partner could adopt, so I am hoping you just think about it.”

“I have thought about it since I came out to my parents, they pretty much said the same thing you just said to me. I am going to say this to you, this will be between Rob and me. When we decide that we know this partnership is solid and we know we are ready we will look into adopting a baby. I told my parents the decision would be up to my partner and me when the time was right. But I understand what you are saying. We need to think of the future so I think we need to look at four bedrooms, three baths, and a big backyard.” David turned and saw Rob smiling

“That sounds good. You will need to have one of the bedrooms turned into an office unless we can find one with an office already. I just want a big yard and a big kitchen. I’m fine with the number of bedrooms and baths you want.” Rob reached over and gave David a lip kiss.

“Well, since you both know and agree on the basics, give her a call and see if she has anything, but please keep it close so I can still see you both and not have to drive a hour or more. That is my only input on helping you two find a place.” Heath handed the number to Rob.

Rob called and got Julie on the line. “Hi Julie, my name is Rob Jensen, you helped my father find a house a few months back…yes, he loves the house…thanks, now I was wondering if you could help my partner and me look for a place…I want it within a thirty minute radius of my father’s house…My partner’s parents live like ten minutes from my father’s house so that should be ok with him too…plus both of our jobs are within twenty minutes from my fathers.” Rob looked at David nodding his head yes. “Ok, we want to look at house with four-bedrooms, and three-baths, with a big kitchen and a large yard. Those are the have to’s on our list…yes, we can do that tonight; that would not be a problem…sure my number is ### - ####...ok thanks, we will wait to hear from you.” Rob hung up and turned to David. “We have to make a “want list” for her tonight and in a couple days she will have listings of four bedroom homes for us to go see. Does that sound good to you, babe?”

“Yep, that is fine hun. We can do the list after we eat dinner.” David turned to see that Heath was laughing at them. “What are you laughing at?”

“You two, and not in a bad way. I can see you both love each other and it just makes me happy to see it. Now why don’t you both get out of here and go eat some lunch and be back here at four.” Heath got up and walked around his desk. He gave Rob a hug and then turned to David giving him a hug also whispering, “Welcome to the family.”

“Thank you, I love your son very much and I know he loves me.”

“Bye Dad, be back in a few. You don’t want to go to lunch with us, do you?”

“No, I’m going to grab something quickly and then get back to work. You two have a good lunch and I’ll see you both later.”

“Ok, bye.”

David and Rob went out to the truck, but before Rob could start it up David took hold of Rob’s arm to get his attention. Rob looked at David, “You ok, babe?”

“Ya, I’m good. Will you take me back to your apartment so we can have lunch there please? I need to relax for a bit and try come to grips about all this money stuff. And I would like us to sit and talk about it, just between the two of us. I want to know what your opinion is on what I should do or say to Jack and my parents.” David ran his fingers over Rob’s cheek and then gave him a kiss.

“Sure, that sounds good. And I will give you my opinion on all everything we have found today, but you will have to figure out what you are going to do and say to them. I will stand by you on everything you say, but the only thing I won’t stand for is if they talk down to you. You are a grown man and that is one thing I will never let anybody do to you. I love you and I want our life to be very happy, a great wish, but not the way things are starting out is it?” Rob gave David a kiss then started the truck up.

They got to Rob’s apartment, went in and had lunch. David walked into the living room and sat down on the couch while Rob was wiping the counters down. Rob walked up to the back of the couch and put his hands on David’s shoulders giving him a little massage. “Hey, do you want to talk now?” Rob leaned down and kissed the top of David’s head.

“Ya, I do want to talk, if that is ok with you?”

“Sure.” Rob went around and sat next to David putting his arm on the back of the couch.

David leaned his head back laying it on Rob’s arm, and turned looking at him. “What do I do now? I want Sally and that lawyer arrested for stealing my money. I want to find out if Dad knew about it and I want out of that apartment I share with Jack. I know if I stay there, it could get rough for me knowing that he was screwing guys and also because of him knowing all along about the money.”

“Ok, let’s start with the first one, what you do now is easy. I want you to stay here why we find the house we want. That way it will give us a preview of us living together, you can bring your things here, or since I know you have a storage unit, we could put what you don’t need right away in there and bring everything else here. And it will solve the problem for a bit with Jack until you decide what you want to say to him,” Rob said smiling at David while, caressing his cheek.

“I do like that idea. The only thing I see wrong with all that is your landlords, they might have a problem with me being here.”

“I don’t think they will have a problem with it, since this is a two bedroom apartment. I will talk to them, plus I’m going to tell them we’re looking for a house to buy, and I’m not renewing my lease which is up in three months. So that gives us three months to get off our butts and find a place to live or we will have to live here month to month which might not be good.”

“Why? It might take longer than that to get everything finalized. We have to find a bank to get the loan, find a house we both like, get it to pass inspection, get everything moved in, get everything turned on. Like the water, PG&E, cable and telephone. Rob it might take longer than three months to do everything.”

“Well, I have been in this apartment for over two years. When I signed my last year’s renewal lease, they told me that my rent could go up if I renewed it again.”

“By how much?”

“I’m thinking couple hundred if not more. I’ve talked to some of the new tenants and their rent is almost double what I pay here. So, I don’t want to have to pay that if we can work hard enough to get moved into a place in the three month time frame. Hun, it might be working our ass off to get it done, but if we can agree on a house without too much back and forth we have enough time to do this.”

“Ok, we will just have to agree on a lot of things and not nitpick too much.” David put on a big smile and got up to get some water. “Do you want something to drink? I’m going to get some water.”

“No, I’m fine. Hey, what are your thoughts on having them arrested?” Rob asked David looking at him through the open kitchen.

“I don’t know if I’ll ever get that money back which is not good for me. But I don’t think they should get away with it either.” David walked back to the couch and sat down between Rob’s legs leaning back into his chest. Rob put his arms around David’s waist holding him. “Sally is the one in the family I have never trusted. She has been in a lot of trouble over the last few years. Her own parents kicked her out for the drugs she was doing and then she stole from them while they were on vacation. They left her there to watch the house and when they got back some of Aunt Julie’s jewelry was missing. So I want her to pay for what she did.” David said looking up at Rob. Rob leaned down giving David a much needed long kiss. “Wow, I liked that! Can I have some more?” David smiled.

“Yep, after we finish talking you can have all you want, lover,” Rob said with a big smile.

“Goody, cuz I like those long sweet kisses from you.”

“Ok you goof, let’s finish.” Rob laughed.

“What do you want the D.A. to do with the lawyer? I think he needs to give you back your money David. He took almost $75,000 from you. Now listen, this is what I would do, but this is only my opinion, ok?” Rob looked down at David to make sure he was ok with what he was saying. David shook his head for Rob to continue. “Ok, now get the D.A. to look into this lawyer’s financials, his bank account, all of it. See if the money is just sitting in an account somewhere, if it is make them give it to you. Then have him put in jail for theft and make him serve time for taking that money. With Sally I don’t think you will get the money back; if she is doing drugs that money is already gone, just have her ass put in jail.”

“I was thinking the same thing about what you just said, but I don’t think I will get the money back from the lawyer for months because it will have to go through the courts and you know how long that takes. So if I have to wait that is fine, as long as I get it back eventually.”

“Ok, we are on the same page. See, we can work together if we put our minds to it.” Rob started laughing which got David to laugh.

“Ok, smarty pants, enough of that. I know we make a good team.” David turned around and put his knees on the floor between Rob’s legs. Looking up at him and then looking down at Rob’s crotch seeing that he was getting hard. “Do you need help with this little man?” David put his hand on Rob’s dick rubbing it.

“I’ll show you little man tonight, you brat. Don’t start messing with him because we have to go see Dad in a little bit and there is no time for us to take care of the little man, and I don’t want my father to see me with a hard-on.” Rob grabbed David’s face pulling him up to his chest. After a very long tongue kiss, David got up frowning at Rob.

“You’re no fun, all I was doing was trying to help you so you didn’t have to go see your dad with a hard–on. But I guess if you want to, that is fine with me.” By the time he finished saying that, he was already running to the bathroom laughing his ass off. Rob saw what he was doing and took off after him, catching him just as the bathroom door was closing.

“You think you can get away with that babe, think again.” Rob got David around the neck and pushed him up against the sink. He reached down and grabbed a hand full of David’s dick making him hard. “See two can play that game sweetheart. I wouldn’t be the only one going to see my father with a hard-on.” Rob keep it up till David was moaning.

“Babe, you need to stop or we are going to have a big mess real soon,” David said hanging on by a thread when Rob let go of his dick.

“Babe, I’m right with you. God, what time is it?” Rob asked. David looked at his watch seeing that it was 2:20 already.

“We have an hour, let’s take this into the bedroom and I will take care of you.”

“I think we can take care of each other, babe.”

They went in the bedroom and shut the door.

 

 

 

 

 

As the author, I take final responsibility for all parts of the story, including any errors.

Copyright © 2015 ShadowDancer; All Rights Reserved.
  • Like 6
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this story. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new chapters.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

There are no comments to display.

View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..