Jump to content
    ShadowDancer
  • Author
  • 1,886 Words
  • 1,638 Views
  • 0 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

You Can't Buy Love - 16. Chapter 16

Chapter 16

 

 

Rob walked back into the kitchen as his cell phone was ringing.

“Hello…Ya it is working…What’s up?…ok hold on…” Rob put his phone on speaker so David could hear him too.

David moved the skillet off the burner and sat at the table with Rob.

“Ok it is on speaker and David is here next to me.”

“Hello David, feeling any better?”

“Ya, still a little sore but doing better, thanks.”

“Ok the reason I want both of you to hear this is because I heard from Eric. First, about your dad David. He is being charged with ‘assault with attempt to do bodily harm and aggravated assault’ Eric did not think the other charge would stick so he is not going to go for that one. Second, your dad has been mouthing off about you owing him money. Do you know what that is all about?”

“No, I don’t owe him a damn thing.”

“I didn’t think so either. He said that the trust fund money disappeared and he is going to get a lawyer to find it. I asked Eric to question him about the trust fund since it was yours not his.”

“And what did you find out?”

“Ok, this is what Eric told me. Your Dad had this lawyer Steve Harrison set up both yours and Jacks trust fund. With Jack only having a couple months before he could have control of his, and that he knew about it, that is why his money was not touched. Now yours is a different story. With you not knowing about it, this lawyer was doing a sneaky with it. He set the account up so that he got the statements from the bank and then he would write out a statement to Jack, you and your dad showing that the money was still there. But when your Dad went to the bank on some other business, he asked to get a printout on both accounts. He said he was just checking up on the accounts and making sure Jack was not blowing his away. When he saw your account being so low he went over to Harrison’s office and confronted him about it.

Now this is where it gets a little tricky. Your dad said the lawyer was blackmailing him. Harrison told your dad if he did not turn over controlling interest of your account he was going to the police about the drugs that were in the apartment. According to your dad, this lawyer is one of the big suppliers in this town. He had not been paying his boss for the drugs his was getting. He came up with this plan to steal the money from some of the trust funds that he was taking care of so he could keep his boss happy.”

“Oh my god. I cannot believe this crap. Why did he not just go to the police about this? Wait, this is about Jack isn’t it? He did not want to get Jack in trouble so he did what Harrison wanted with MY trust fund. I am going to kick Jack’s ass.”

“Dad with him knowing about the drugs in the apartment is that why he was helping Jack move his stuff out? I am thinking they were trying to get David blamed for the drugs in the apartment and not Jack. David’s dad said on the phone the other night that Jack was moving out of the area. Just maybe he might owe some big money to the suppliers and that is why he was leaving town.”

“Rob you are right about Mr. Andrews knowing about the drugs. Eric will be doing some more questioning this afternoon with Jack. He said that Jack is cooperating with them so he would find out what is going on.”

“Ok, do you know if the lawyer had been questioned yet?” David asked.

“David, Steve Harrison and your cousin Sally were picked up today at his office. Eric had enough evidence to arrest them. Harrison is being charged with embezzlement and drug trafficking, they arrested Sally for drug possession and theft. Rob, Eric told me they arrested Danny late last night.”

“What did Danny do to get picked up?” Rob asked.

“They arrested him for distribution and intent to sell. They had an undercover buy drugs from him and then they arrested him.” Heath said.

“Ok, I was thinking along those lines since he was seen with Jack. What are they going to do with Harrison and all the money he had stolen from David and all the other people?”

“Not sure yet. I am going to have to go to court on David’s behalf and try to get the judge to release an order for me to have access to Harrison’s bank accounts. But I think I can get Eric to help me on that since he will need them anyways for the charges he has on Harrison. I am hoping that he has the money in an account here and not off shore. David, I talked to Jack’s lawyer and he got Jack to sign the bank documents for you to have control of his bank accounts. You and I need to go to his bank tomorrow and see what is there in the accounts. I have been thinking we might want to open a trust account in Jack’s name and put you as trustee. That way Rob and I are not linked to the money, and if Jack needs it for lawyer fees or whatever you can help him and show where the money is going. I told Eric about the accounts, he told me since Jack was not caught selling drugs they are not seizing his accounts. We might have a problem with your dad but he can’t do anything about the money since Jack turned everything over to you. ”

“Heath, that is fine, going tomorrow and getting that all done. But do you know what my dad has said about all this? Or does he even know about Harrison being arrested yet and about Jack’s bank accounts.”

“Not sure David. I just found out so he might not even know yet. Eric told me that he is being bonded out. He might already be out of jail.”

“Oh great, now I have to watch my back for him to get to me again.”

“No David you don’t, if he comes around you again he will be put back in jail until his court date. I put a restraining order out on him; he cannot come within one thousand feet of you, your home or work. If he does, you call the police and they will pick him up. He is not to even call you on the phone.”

“Ok, thanks, that takes a little pressure of me. Now if I can just get the money back I will feel a lot better.”

“David, I am working on that as we speak so let me take care of it and you just relax and don’t worry about it. Oh, I have your truck key. We dropped the truck off but nobody answered the door. When you have time you can come to the house to get it or I can come back by and give it to you.”

“Dad, I can bring David over to your house tonight to get it. He is going to need his truck tomorrow since I am going into work myself. Since he needs to meet up with you and I think he still needs to still pick up his dry cleaning. I am going into work for half day and then we are going to move David’s things out of your garage. You two can get done what you need to do in the morning then David can be free when I get home to move his things into storage.”

“That’s fine Rob. David you are taking a few days off right?”

“Ya, I have to. Joe said I had to. I am going to be swamped when I get back to work, but that is ok. I need the rest anyways. And I can get a lot done tomorrow since this big boy has to work and not be here watching my every move.” David laughed.

“Ya Ya Ya, as if you don’t like being pampered. Dad what time will you be home?”

“Around six I guess unless something else comes up. Why don’t I just call when I get there just in case?”

“Ok sounds good. We also need to talk to you if you have time tonight.” Rob said.

“Ya I have time. Steve will be there around eight. That will give us about an hour or more before he shows up to talk.”

“Ok, we will let you go. See you in a little while.”

“Ok bye, love you both.”

“Love you to Dad.”

“Bye Heath and thanks for all you have done for me.”

“You’re welcome David see you in a bit.”

Rob hung up the phone. He looked at David, “Well at least you know now what the hell was going on and a lot of unanswered questions got answered for you.”

“Ya, but look what happened to a lot of lives just because somebody got money hungry.”

“David, you will get your money back I am sure of it. What your father did was something he has to live with, not you. Jack, well Jack made his own bed now he has to lay in it and deal with his own problems. Harrison is going away for a long time from the sounds of it. Sally will be following him with her part in all this. Danny, that prick deserves whatever he gets. I have not like that man, boy, punk whatever you want to call him for a very long time.” Rob said taking David in his arms hugging him. “We will make it through all this crap, just remember I am here to talk to and I have a strong shoulder for you.”

“I know Babe. I want to talk to Eric myself so I can see what he has to say about the money. I trust your dad but I want to hear it out of Eric’s mouth on the money part.”

“We can do that; I would like to know also. Call him tomorrow and set something up this week for us to go to his office.” Rob looked at the clock on the wall. “Babe, let’s finish cooking and eat so when Dad calls we can be done.”

They got the kitchen cleaned back up after eating dinner. Rob was drying his hands when the phone rang again. “Hello…Ok, we will see you in a bit.” Rob hung up. “That was Dad telling us he made it home and to come over when we were ready.”

Rob walked up to David wrapping his arms around him, nuzzling his neck. “Yum, you smell good. Do we have to go?” Rob was nibbling on David’s neck getting himself worked up.

David was enjoying the attention. “Yes we need to go. I need my truck key and we need to talk to your dad. Now stop it and go get yourself ready.” He said chuckling.

Copyright © 2015 ShadowDancer; All Rights Reserved.
  • Like 8
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this story. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new chapters.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

There are no comments to display.

View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..