Jump to content
    ShadowDancer
  • Author
  • 2,822 Words
  • 1,804 Views
  • 1 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

You Can't Buy Love - 10. Chapter 10

Sorry for the delay, but life just happens to take a different direction sometimes.

Chapter 10

 

David pulled into the apartment complex, looking around to see if he recognized any of the vehicles. The only one he noticed was Jack’s car, but knowing he was at the police station David was not too worried.

Rob pulled up next to David’s truck, got out and went to David’s door. “Hey babe, Ryan and Bill are not here yet. Do you want to go up to the apartment and see what is going on now or do you want to wait on the guys to get here? Either way is fine with me.” Rob looked over at the walkway to David’s apartment. “There is an officer standing over there at the walkway.”

David looked over to where Rob was talking about and saw the officer. “Let’s go talk to the officer and see how long I have to get my stuff out and if we can get him to tell us anything about what happened here,” David said getting out of his truck.

“Ok and I will call Ryan on his cell to see where they are.” Rob pulled his cell out and called Ryan. “Hey where you at? ...ok… just pull in next to my truck and wait…ok…bye.” Rob put his phone away. “They are about 10 minutes out,” Rob told David as they took off walking over to the officer.

David walked up to the officer and said, “Hi, I am David Andrews. A detective Hansen said I could go in and get my things out of my apartment and there would be a couple officers here for standby.”

“Yep that would be me. Names Chevas and I will be doing the standby for you. Can you give me a little time frame on how long it will take you?” Officer Chevas looked at David.

“Well that depends on what is left, since my brother was moving stuff out when the police served the search warrant. I don’t really know what is left in there.” David said hoping the officer would tell him what he was facing before he walked into the apartment.

“I never went in the apartment so I can’t say what is left in there, sorry. All I can tell you is what were already in the vehicles when we got here got unloaded to do the search, and then the people reloaded the vehicles and left the complex. I can tell you after we arrived there was nothing else brought out of the apartment.” The officer explained to David.

“Ok thanks, can we go up there and see for ourselves what is left in there?” David asked.

“Sure, there is another officer standing at the door to the apartment. Just show him your driver licenses and he will let you in,” Officer Chevas said to David.

“Thanks, I have two more guys coming to help get what I can out. Is that going to be a problem?”

“No, they will just be a little help for you so it is not a problem at all.”

“Ok, Rob let’s go up and see what’s left or damaged,” David told Rob taking his hand and smiling at him. David was dreading going into the apartment, not knowing what shape it was going to be.

David and Rob got to the top of the stairs and saw another officer standing there. David walked ahead of Rob pulling his wallet out. David handed the officer his driver’s license.

“Do you have the key or do you want me to call the manager for you?” the officer asked.

“No, I have the key thanks.” David pulled his key out and opened the door.

David and Rob walked in the apartment looking around and not believing what they were seeing. The living room was trashed; all the furniture was gone with only broken items left on the floor. David walked by the doorway to the kitchen seeing nothing but open drawers and stuff all over the place. He went down the hallway to his room and opened the door; he took a big breath and looked in his room. The mattress was over turned and all his dresser drawers were open, clothes all over the floor, closet door was open with clothes not on the hangers, pictures hanging crooked on the walls, his computer and printer was there but had been moved around, basically his room had been tossed.

Rob walked in the room, “Babe, let’s get this all boxed up for you and then get it to Dad’s house.” He walked over to David wrapping his arms around his neck kissing his cheek knowing David was having a hard time of it. “Hey, you ok babe?”

“Ya, I was thinking this could be what we would be walking into, so ya, I am fine. At least it looks like they did not break anything in here, that I see so far. Rob go check and see if the guys have got here yet. Have them bring up some of the boxes. I want to get my things out of here and not look back at this place.” David turned around and gave Rob a kiss trying to put a smile on his face.

“Ok, I will be right back. I love you, sweetheart.” Rob kissed him again and then walked out of the room. His thoughts were all over the place as he was walking back through the apartment seeing all the damage, shaking his head.

David waited for Rob to leave then he went over to Jack’s bedroom to see what it looked like. He opened the door and saw there was not one item inside, it was stripped bare. ‘How in the hell could there not be anything in there? Something is not right here’ he turned around and walked to the front door to see if the officer was still there. Seeing the officer he asked, “Can I ask you a question? I am trying to figure something out here.”

“Sure, what can I do for you?”

“Can you explain to me why my brother’s room is empty and mine looks like a tornado went through it? Something is not right here.” David asked with a frown on his face.

“Not sure, unless they had already moved that room out before the search team got here. If you want, I can see if Detective Hansen can come over and talk to you. He might be able to explain it all to you and answer any other questions you have.”

“Yes, if you can do that, it would be great, thanks.” David walked back in the apartment. He walked into the kitchen to see what was in there. Opening up some doors that were closed and looking to see what was left in them. He saw there was some trash liners left so he knew he could use them to put some things in if needed.

As David was looking around Rob walked in with Ryan and Bill, already explaining to them what was going on in the apartment. “Hey, you doing ok?” Rob stood at the entry looking at David.

“Ya, I am ok.”

“David, this is Ryan and Bill.” Rob said pointing to the two guys standing next to him.

“Nice to meet you.” David said shaking their hands.

“David, we brought some boxes up, do you want them to start in your room?” Rob asked with concern in his voice.

“If they don’t mind, that would be a good place to start. Rob, will you go look in Jack’s room and tell me what you see?” David said knowing Rob is going to have the same question as he did.

Rob showed Ryan and Bill which room needed boxed up. Then he opened Jack’s door just looking around, not understanding what was going on. “See what I see?” David asked walking up and putting his hand on Rob’s shoulder.

“Not a damn thing. What is going on? When did he get all his things out of here and where did they find the drugs if not in his room. We know his car had some, but they had a search warrant for the whole apartment, so if they did find any, I wonder where it could have been?” Rob said looking at David.

“I don’t know I have the officer at the door calling that detective so I can get to the bottom of this. This is bull shit when my room was tossed with maybe broken things and Jack gets out of here with his crap intact.” David was just staring at the empty room getting pissed off.

“Babe, let’s get your room boxed up and get out of here and hopefully that detective will be here before we leave. I just want you out of here so you don’t have to look at this place again.” Rob took David’s hand and led him over to his room. They all got to work loading up the boxes, when they got each one full Ryan or Bill would carry them down to the trucks.

Bill walked in the room saying, “There is a man at the door asking for you David. He would not tell me his name, sorry.”

“Thanks Bill, I will go find out.” David got up from the floor and walked out of the room with Rob hot on his heels. He walked into the living area seeing Detective Hansen standing there. “Hi, I have some questions that I need answered; I am getting more pissed off by the minute here.”

“What questions do you have Mr. Andrews? The officer said that you wanted to talk to me.” Hansen asked, concerned since he understood David was just coming to get his things out of the apartment.

“I want you to see something and then I want you to explain it to me.” David turned and went to Jack’s door and opened it looking at the detective with his eyebrows raised. “Explain this.” David swept his hand at the empty room.

“Ok, I think I understand now. David this room was empty when we got here. We questioned Jack, which was where I was at when I got the call to come here. He told us he moved his bedroom things out last night, and then came back this morning to get the rest of his things out. We had to go back and get another search warrant for your parents’ house. Which is being done today. Jack had moved all his things into your parent’s garage.” Hansen said looking at David then at Rob. “David, Jack is in big trouble and if he tries to get in contact with you, I need you to call me when he does. Ok?”

“Yes, I can do that if you are upfront with me on what is going on.”

“I will tell you everything I can, but you have to understand that there are some things I can’t tell you.”

“Ok, I understand. Can you tell me where they found the drugs at in the apartment, since he had already cleared out his bedroom?” David asked.

“They were found in the kitchen, bathroom and in his car.”

“How much was found?”

“Over a pound.”

“What kind of drugs were they?”

“Ice. Do you know what that is?”

“No, I don’t.”

“Ok, let me explain it in language you might understand and not the street lingo. Crystal meth, also known as crystal methamphetamine, and informally as ice, it is a powerful synthetic stimulant, which is highly addictive. It is colorless and odorless, and it has a long-lasting euphoric effect on the user. Crystal meth is generally purer than powdered methamphetamine, and has a longer-lasting effect, as well as a more powerful physiological impact. This drug is over taking the city and we have been trying to shut the suppliers down. Jack is looking at a long time behind bars. The District Attorney is talking five to ten for having the drug for sale.”

“Holy crap! Have you drug tested him to see if he has been using?”

“Yes, that was the first thing he had to consent to when he reached the station. He lawyered up on us, but we had a court order to get the blood test. I am going to tell you it came back clean, so that tells us he only had the stuff just to sell or he was to transport it somewhere. He is not telling us anything since his lawyer pulled the plug on us talking to him.”

“What does it look like?” David asked, walking back into the kitchen.

“It resembles shiny blue-white "rocks" or fragments of glass of varying sizes. That is why it is called ice. To me it looks like ice chips that come out of the soda machines at mini marts.”

“Then you need to see this. I thought it was a bowl of sugar. I knew we did not keep sugar in that small of a bowl or where it was. I don’t understand why your guys did not find it in the search they did if you say they found some of the drugs in the kitchen.” David said going to the cupboard next to the icebox. He had found this bowl a couple of weeks ago when he was looking for a trash liner. It was under a bunch of bags like those that you would get from a Wal-Mart. He pulled it out now, removed the lid and showed the detective.

“David set it on the counter please. I wish you had not touched it, but that is ok. I will just explain why your prints will be on the bowl.” The detective looked in and saw that it was “ice” then got his cell out and called it in to the office.

“David, you and Rob go back in and get your things out of here. Only your stuff, I am having another team come in and have them go over this place with a fine toothcomb. So try to hurry so that you can still get everything out. My boss might not let you take anything once I tell him what was found.”

“Ok, can you give us at least half an hour? I would really like to get my things out,” David said, looking at Rob and seeing him turn and run to his room.

“Ya that is good. Just hurry up.”

David left the kitchen going back to his room. “Rob, just throw this stuff in the boxes, don’t worry about folding anything. I am going into the bathroom to get that stuff. Ryan and Bill we have less than thirty minutes to get everything out of here, so Rob and I will load the boxes and you two get them out of here and down to the trucks.”

Everybody shook their heads and started moving in fast mode.

In less than thirty minutes, everything in David’s room was out and in the trucks. “Babe, I am going back in to tell the detective I got everything I wanted out.” David said to Rob giving him a smile, running his hand on Rob’s arm knowing that he could not show Rob affection in front of Ryan and Bill.

“Ok, do you want me to go with you?” Rob smiled.

“No, stay here with the trucks. I should only be a few minutes anyways.” David grinned at Rob. He went back up to the apartment, when he went inside the detective was standing in the living room on the phone. Hansen hung up seeing David standing there. “Did you get everything you wanted out of here?”

“I hope I did, had to do it pretty fast.” David said looking around the room.

“You still have time, so let’s do a quick walk through together just to make sure.” Hansen smiled at David feeling sorry for what his brother had done to him. They both went room to room and David found a couple things but other than that, he got everything he wanted. He told the detective bye and thanks for the help.

David went back downstairs seeing everybody was already in their trucks waiting on him. He went to Rob’s truck door and handed him a couple CDs he found. “I will follow you to your Dad’s house. I love you so much babe, wish I could give you a kiss. I need that and a hug so damn bad right now.” David was getting watery eyes saying that.

“Babe, I will hold you when we get to Dad’s. Let’s get out of here before the cops get here and make us unload the trucks, as they did Jack’s. I love you sweetheart.” Rob said rubbing David forearm that was on the doorframe.

“Ok, I love you too.” David went to his truck. They all pulled out going to Heath’s house.

Copyright © 2015 ShadowDancer; All Rights Reserved.
  • Like 12
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this story. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new chapters.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..