Jump to content
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

Of Heaven and Hell: The Beginning - 14. Chapter 14

Chapter 13

 

The sun cracked through the window and landed on my face. I turned hoping it would go away, but my boyfriend had other plans for me that morning. He had thrown the curtains open and watched me squirm as the sun shined on my face.

I groaned as the sun got brighter and then I felt something hot on my face. It was steady and flat. I opened my eyes to see his face right up to mine. He was smiling his signature smile and then put his hand on my face. I just smiled back at him, even though I was inwardly pissed at his actions that morning. I really didn’t want to have a fight as soon as I woke up. Vergil and I may be inseparable, but that doesn’t mean we don’t have fights. Fights were normal for us, even though we had been going out for only a short time. I got up and walked to my dresser located next to his since we shared a room in this god forsaken tower. I grabbed clothes for the day and then walked up to him.

“Morning.” He said to me in a kind voice as if not to anger me.

“Morning.” I said back to him as I put on the pair of jeans I had gotten. I put on the black shirt and the grabbed my Organization robe and walked out the door with him. As we walked down the huge hall to the kitchen which was even bigger then the dining room, he grabbed hand and intertwined our fingers. I smile at the action and continued to walk down the hall. It took us awhile to get to where we were going. Mostly because I had gotten us lost in the halls of the tower and when we actually got there everyone was already eating. I quickly dragged Vergil to a seat and grabbed some food. We ate rather quickly and then I went to the main room. Which, compared to the rest of the tower was rather small. Then, it was time to do some work. We all walked to Leister’s Quarters to see him typing away at the computer and looking at something very strangely.

“Number X ,how is everything in my home town?” Toby started off.

“Actually, everything is fine” He said, “if you count the Hellgate that just appeared out of nowhere normal then yea, the town is perfect.” He finished. Toby rushed to his side and took a look at the huge computer screen. There on the screen were three huge blinking dots, each one a different color meaning a different Hellplane to deal with.

“Hey, you guys were just going to let me sleep through the whole day weren’t you?” I turned around to see Remy standing there with his boyfriend Lunen right beside him.

“So, what’s going on?” He asked his older brother with a smile.

“We have a lot of demons to deal with at home. This Hellgate isn’t going to close it self.” I looked at Remy and his confused look the same look I wore a few weeks ago. I walked over to him and set my hand on his shoulder.

“A Hellgate is a gate to one of the Seven Hellplanes. Each Hellplane has its fair share of Hellgates around the world and they normally open periodically, but this is unusual. There were no Hellgates there yesterday and now there are,” I explained to him, “a Hellplane is a realm in which Demons live. There are Seven Hellplanes, each one for a different element. They are: Fire, Wind, Water, Ice, Thunder, Earth, Darkness, and Wood. The one on the screen was Fire

“We really have to close it or we are totally screwed.” Leister said to every one. I looked at Vergil. He nodded and I pulled out my weapon. I found out its name a few days after the fight, the day that Vergil woke up actually. It’s called Mercury, the weapon is a water element and that coincides with the planet Mercury. I know what you’re thinking Mercury has no water. Yes, that’s true, but does in the dimension that these weapons come from.

I donned my shield and looked at Vergil, his sword Mars already to strike anything that got in its way.

“Vergil and I will go back home and seal this gate. Hell, fuck the sealing. We’ll destroy it.” I said. I had looked at everyone as I said this and they just nodded. Vergil opened a portal to the town and we both walked in.

 

We appeared in a small field next to the school that Remy used to attend. It was the schools soccer field. We saw kids running and screaming everywhere. There were bodies of kids lying on the ground motionless. The scene was completely mortifying. I looked at Vergil, he was wearing a very sad face and I just could stand it any longer. I raised my left hand into the air and in a blue flash, Mercury appeared. I saw two Reavers chase after kids on the soccer field. These Reavers were different from the ones that I had seen at the dinner. These ones had razor sharp teeth and long thick claws and there breathing was at a faster paced and they had blood drenched from their heads to the razor sharp toes. I quickly charged in not taking the chance of these kids dying too. I stopped right in front of the kids.

“You shall not harm any more innocent souls!” I screamed

“Who are you to tell us what we can and cannot do?” one of the creatures said to me. I was surprised that these beasts had enough intelligence that they could speak to me.

“I am number V of Organization XVI. I will end your reign of terror on these children.” I said. My hood was down so the kids could see my face and hair. I had noticed that my hair had started to grow longer than it ever has before. It was now down to about my lips and it hung very loosely. Vergil said it was sexy and hot, but I wasn’t to sure about it.

The kids looked very scared and they were worried that I was going to kill them myself. I would be too if I was in their position, but I’m not. I looked around and saw a little pool of water a few feet away from where I was. An evil smirk crossed my face as I thought of a brilliant plan.

“I’m surprised you can speak coherent words my friend, but sadly those will be the last words you ever speak.” I said with the smile still on my face. They looked at me like I was crazy. I smiled again and laughed a little this time.

“Tidal Aqua Cannon!!” I screamed. The water from the puddle swirled around the point of the blade on my shield. I could feel the strength and power in the water and I just pointed it at the two Reavers and smile menacingly

“BLAST!!” I yelled. Just as I finish the word the water fired from the end of the blade and turned into a hard shelled water bullet. I knew that when it hit there was going to be an explosion. So, I quickly turned around and grabbed the two kids and jumped far away from the scene and as I had predicted as soon as we landed the bullet hit and the ground crumbled under its might. The evil things were no more. I looked at the kids. They looked relieved and happy. I smiled at them and then ran off in the other direction. I ran for a bit until I saw Vergil standing there with four of those freaks on him. I jumped from where I was standing and did a flip in the air. I was a good distance from where he was, but I made sure I got there.

“Frozen Earthquake” I yelled as I hit the ground right next to Vergil. A beam of ice sent all the creatures into the air where Vergil finished them off with a simple slice of his sword. I stood up and looked ahead of us. I could see that all of the beasts were going back inside the huge Hellgate. I was really confused as to why they were retreating. It just felt like something was wrong. Then the ground started to shake and the sky had turned a dark black color. I looked around me to see if anything was coming at Vergil and me. I couldn’t see a thing, but just as I looked back at the gate a huge beast came running out at us. It looked as if it was on fire. The creature was taller than the school and it was three stories. The thing had huge flaming wings and a head that looked like it belonged on a lion. The body was that of a lions and the chest was that of a humans. I was amazed at the size of the beast. It kept running at us with a huge sword drawn and then as it got near it combusted and fire was all over the thing. Vergil and I barely jumped out of the way before it did. We land a few feet away from where we had been standing and then we looked back at it.

“Well, if it isn’t some Organization brats. This was supposed to lure out the Locksmith, but since you’re here why don’t I have some fun.” It said in a low, evil, and demonic voice. It raised its sword and charged at us. Its body was ablaze and it looked as though it was ment to be like that. I jumped out of the way as it threw a fireball my way.

The ground where I had been standing was now ablaze just like the thing that had used the magic.

“Who are you?” I screamed at the thing.

“My name is Caruso; I am the Lion of Flames and the King of the Fire Plane. I have come for the Ventus Key.” He said in a dark voice razing his sword toward me. It started to glow a bright red color. I knew what was coming so I jumped out of the way and readied my own attack.

“Shining Aqua Cyclone” I said as I launched the cyclone toward his body. It engulfed the beast in the water substance. We could here the agonizing screams that came from the demon as his fiery body was put out. After a few minutes the cyclone stopped and the demon was fragilely standing in one spot. Vergil had walked up beside me when I had hit it with the spell.

“Do you think its dead?” I asked him slowly

“Far from it.” He said back. Just then Caruso started to glow a bright red like his sword did before it shot the fire ball at me. We watched as the flames around his body grew and grew. The flames were higher than the school and then his body exploded in fire. We were knocked back against the wall of the school building, that’s how strong the explosion was. I hit the wall and felt pain rise in my back. It was truly excruciating. I stood up slowly, I guess when I hit I fell to the ground and looked at Caruso. He was again, ablaze like the burning sun.

“What, what am I doing here?” He said spinning around in circles. Vergil had gotten up and began to walk toward Caruso. I began to feel worry rise in my system. What if he attacked him? I felt like I had to do something, but what could I do. I was in way to much pain to do much of anything really. I had to use the wall as a leaning post.

“Caruso, are you ok?” Vergil asked.

“Vergil, Where am I?”

“You are in the human world my brother.” He replied

“Why am I here? The last thing I remember was walking toward the castle and then I’m here.” Caruso said

“I believe you were under the control of a white feather, my brother.”

“An Angel dare touches me, this is an outrage. I shall have that angel’s head on a silver platter when I’m through with him.” He angrily screamed

“You always were violent.” Vergil said. They both began to laugh and then Caruso began to glow again and I thought he was going to attack. When the light finally did subside, I was completely amazed at what I saw. There standing beside Vergil was a man. He had long, flowing red hair that came down to the bend in his knees and he had a huge sword across his back. His face reminded me of Vergil’s and his eyes were exactly the same. He was wearing a huge red robe with a golden band around his waist. On the inside of the robe was a tunic of silk with designs of dragons and lions running across plains of flames. The tunic was a light pink color. He had also worn iron leggings. That a knight would wear in a battle. They came down and went with his iron boots. He looked like a warrior king. I had taken all these things in as I stumbled up to the pair. I had reached them after about five minutes of limping.

“Vergil, help me.” I said when I was close enough. He turned around to look at me. His eyes darkened and his smile quickly turned to a frown.

“Max, are you ok?” He asked worriedly

“I’m in excruciating pain.” I said. He ran over and helped me from failing over. We walked back over to Caruso. He looked at me with a look of remorse.

“I’m sorry for hurting you, Max. I didn’t mean it at all. I was under the control of an angel. I didn’t mean to do any of this.” Caruso said to me

“Its fine, I believe you.” I said

“Max, this is my twin brother, Caruso.” Vergil told me

“It’s a pleasure to meet you Caruso.’ I said to the man

“Car, this is my boyfriend, Max” He said to his brother.

“You always had a thing for men, but if your happy.” He said laughing. We all had a good laugh that was until I started coughing. It was like a five minute coughing fit and when I was finished, I had a small puddle of blood in my hand.

“I clean up here and take care of the gate you just get him some medical attention.” Caruso said to Vergil. He nodded and picked me up bridal style and then we went back through the same dark portal we came out of, at least I think it was the same. I can’t remember right because of the internal injuries I had sustained, but the thing I do remember is that after he picked me up I passed out cold.

Copyright © 2011 snowangel9324; All Rights Reserved.
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this author. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new stories they post.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

There are no comments to display.

View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..