Jump to content
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

Of Heaven and Hell: The Beginning - 2. Chapter 2

Chapter 1

 

The sun glanced through the window in my room and began to shine on my face. I flipped over trying to keep it out of my eye. I tried to get back to sleep, but it just wouldn’t come. I got up from the bed I had been sleeping in last night. I rubbed the sleep from my eyes and walked over to the dresser that my clothes are in. I opened up the first drawer and pulled out a fresh pair of boxers a pair of tight faded blue jeans and a sky blue shirt that had a bunch of clouds on it. It was a little girly, but my sister bought it for me so I decided that I would wear it. I walked down the dark hallway. I turned toward the first door on the right and opened it up. It was the bathroom as I had expected it to be. I walked to the closet at the far end of the white room. The door to it had been left open, but nothing inside had been touched at all. I grabbed one clean towel and set it on the toilet. I set my clothes there as well. I relinquished myself of all of my clothing and hoped in the somewhat large shower. I turned on the hot water and wait for it to come out of the shower head. I didn’t have to wait long the water came out soon enough. I let the steaming liquid run down my body. The hot sensation soothed my muscles and joints into immediate relaxation. I reached for the soap on the wall in the shower. I started to wash my body, but still relishing in the occasional sensation of calmness. After about twenty minutes in the shower, I hoped out the cold air making me shake like a dog drying itself off. I grabbed my clothes and quickly slipped them on. I looked at the clock in the room and noticed that it was 7:20. The new school I would be attending would start soon. I ran out of the room grabbed my backpack from my room, put my necklace on, and picked up my house key and then quickly ran out the door.

I ran through the doors to the huge school building. I walked down the yellow colored hall toward to what I believe is the administration office. I looked at the things around me as I walked down the empty hall. The lockers weren’t big, but they weren’t exactly small either. They all were blue; some of them had decorations on them, like “Happy B-day Kai” or “Christmas is around the corner.” I found all the little decorations cute. I found the office within a few minutes. I went to reach for the door handle when the door opened and someone came out. We bumped into each other. Their books went every where.

“Sorry, so sorry. I should watch where I’m going.” The person said in an innocent little voice. I bent down to pick up the books they dropped.

“It’s no problem. I’m fine and here are your books.” I said as I stood up from the ground. The person I found in front of me was a small Japanese girl. She had dark black hair that reminds me of the night sky. Her eyes were a light green like that of the color of the leaves on the trees in a forest on a sunny summer day. She was wearing a pair of blue jeans and had on a light red shirt that looked like it squeezed her stomach to make her look as thin as a twig. I thought she was thin enough, but I guess she thought otherwise. I extended my hand toward her in a kind gesture to introduce myself.

“Hi, I’m Maximillon Cook. I just moved here from New York. I live in the old mansion down the street from here. My grandma used to own, but when she passed my mum took the deed for herself and then she gave it to me.” I explained

“Are you British?” She asked

“Yea, I grew up in London and never could stop saying a few words like mum and chips. Do you know how embarrassing it is to go in to a McDonald’s and order a thing of fries but ask for chips? It’s just god awful.” I said. She kindly began laugh and I joined in not to long after that. She stopped soon and looked at me.

“Oh, I’m sorry. I didn’t give you my name. It’s Alice. Alice Witchington.” She said apologetically

“Nice to meet you Alice” I said happily

“Nice to meet you too, Max” She said back.

We both heard the bell ring and she had to run. I stood in the hall and watched her run toward her class. I don’t know how, but I just knew me and her were going to be great friends.

I turned around and went toward the door to the office again and this time no one came out to bump into me. I walked in the small office and saw a big wooden desk in front of me with a grey haired woman on the phone. She looked as if she was eighty years old, but I judged her to be younger than that. She had a white blouse, with a pair of tan dress pants on. I saw she was wearing a pair of plain white orthopedic shoes so I thought she had some type of foot problem. She hung up the phone and looked at me. I walked up to the desk and waited for her to ask me what I needed.

“Is there anything I can help you with?” She asked

“Yes, I just transferred here from New York.” I explained to her kindly. A smile quickly spread across her face. She put her hands on the keyboard on the desk. She typed a few things in and then looked at me again.

“What’s your name, sweetheart?” She asked.

“Maximillion Cook.” I stated. She typed that into the computer and then printed out something. She walked over to the printer, grabbed the piece of paper, and then walked back over to me. She set the slip down and then signed it.

“This is your schedule, dear. Take this to all your classes and show it to the teachers. They will write you in their grade book and you’ll be all set to go.” She said as she handed me the thin paper slip. I nodded my head and took the slip. I walked out the door and looked at the paper. The first class I had was Gym and even worse than that I have it all year round. I walked away from thee office toward where I knew the Gym was. I walked in side the tall building to be greeted by a small stick with a point on it. I jumped to the side to avoid the zooming projectile. The object then imbedded itself into the post of wood I had accidently stepped in front of. I saw all the kids in the class staring at me with awe and wonder. I just knew I would be asked a million questions after this, but I only got asked one.

“Nice dodge kid, but what the hell are you doing here?” a loud booming voice said. I turned to see a middle aged man walking toward me. That was the first teacher I impressed on the first day of my senior year in high school. His name was Mr. Arlington.

Copyright © 2011 snowangel9324; All Rights Reserved.
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this author. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new stories they post.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

There are no comments to display.

View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..