Jump to content
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

Of Heaven and Hell: The Beginning - 3. Chapter 3

Chapter 2

 

He wasn’t that mad at me for getting in the way of an arrow on archery day. Well, not after I showed him the note that the secretary gave me. He told me to go set on the bleachers while they had gym. Therefore, I did what I was told and went and sat down. I saw the kid who shot the arrow at me was sitting down too. He wasn’t too tall; I think he was about 5’ 9”. He had red hair and a few freckles on his face. When he saw me, he immediately turned around.

“I’m so sorry. I didn’t mean to all most hit you.” He said in a panic. I guessed he was afraid I’d hate him or beat him up later; judging by the bruises around his eyes he gets bullied a lot.

“It’s ok. I didn’t get hit. So, no foul all right. By the way my name is Max.” I told him calmly trying to make another friend today and by the looks of him he needed a new friend or a very good doctor on call 24/7.

“I’m Ron. Ron Samson.” He said back with a huge smile. I smiled back politely. We talked for a good few minutes and I got to know him a little bit better. He lived in Japan for three years when he was six. Therefore, he knows some Japanese. He loves to sit and watch the stars at night and he loves to read. He has read tons of books, little ones, popular ones, and even unpopular ones. He told me he wanted to be a story critic when he gets out of school. Which will be in a year since he is a senior like me, we talked for a little bit longer then one of his friends came over. He was tall maybe about 6’ 0”, he had brown hair and green eyes. He was wearing a muscle shirt and was holding a football, so I guessed he liked to play sports. He looked at me and then at Ron.

“Hey, Ron, you want to come outside and shot some hoops with me?” He said

“Uh, I don’t know, Mick” He replied. I saw the expression of defeat and sadness cross Mick’s face. I guessed these two where really good friends and I couldn’t stand in front of that.

“Go ahead, Ron, I’ll be fine here on my own.” I said to him. He smiled at me and then nodded and was off to play with his old friend. I was happy that Mick got to hang out with him, but that left me alone for the rest of the class and really I don’t like that at all.

 

Class took forever to end, but it finally did end. I caught up with Ron in the hall and he looked as though he had just seen a ghost.

“Ron, what’s wrong?” I asked

“What? Oh nothing, nothings wrong. Why would you ask that? Frankly, why would something be wrong? Because nothing is, if something was wrong I’m sure I would tell you.” He said in an anxious voice. I thought that it was weird, but I pushed it aside. We walked in complete silence the whole way to our next class, which I had with Ron. It was English, my favorite class; it is taught by Mrs. Meadowbrook. I strutted into the room with Ron and quickly handed the slip to the women sitting at the desk in the front of the room. She was 55 years old. She was wearing a dark blue shirt with birds on it, like blue jays, cardinals, and some others. She had on a pair of black pants and black shoes. Her hair was a snow white and her eyes were a deep red. She read the note rather fast and then gave me a seat to sit in. I got the seat next to Ron. He seemed better from before but I didn’t know if he was or not. I sat down and waited for this class to be over. I heard my stomach growl and I wondered when‘s lunch.

I looked on my schedule and saw that I had lunch in two classes. I just thought

‘This is going to be a long two hours.’

 

I sat there in three different classes for the last two and a half hours. I was extremely hungry. Therefore, I sped down to the cafeteria. I entered and went to get a tray from the serving area and started to get my food. I got pizza and a thing of chips and I mean actual chips not French fries. I saw a table where all my friends I had made just today sat at. There were a few faces I didn’t recognize, but I learned there names soon enough. I saw that Ron still wasn’t looking to good and I didn’t know what to do to help him out with the problem. Hell, I didn’t even know the problem. I looked over Ron’s shoulder and that is when I saw them. I saw the gods of all beauty at a table not to far away from my table. I just looked at them and I couldn’t help but notice that I couldn’t look away form them and I didn’t know why? I moved my eyes around them until I saw one of the looking at me.

It was a girl, she was about the same height as Alice, but she had a purple shirt on instead of a red one, but other than that. They looked exactly the same. She was still staring at me when I turned around in my seat. I started to eat my lunch, but I always kept looking at the table not too far away. I turned to see if she was still looking at me. I saw second person looking at me instead of her.

This time it was a boy looking at me. He was taller than me and I’m 5’ 10”, so I think he was about 6’ 1”. He had red hair, much like Ron’s, but instead of green eyes staring back at me. All I saw was nothing but pure amber. It reminded me of the room at the mansion. The astounding beauty in those small eyes was amazing. I just couldn’t bring myself to look away from his immense beauty. Alice snapped her fingers in front of my face and snapped me out of the heaven-like trance I was in.

“What are you staring at?” She asked

“That boy over there at that table, him and his girlfriend were staring at me.” I replied

“Who? Do you mean Vergil and Bella?” She asked

“I don’t know there names, but they were staring at me.” I said

“No, dude, Bella wasn’t staring at you she was staring at me. She’s my twin sister. Now, Vergil, I have no idea why he would be staring at you. No one really gets Vergil all that much.” She explained to me. I began to feel sorry for him a little and I unspokenly swore that I would get to know the kid named Vergil a little bit better. I took one last final look at him and just couldn’t stop the smile that crept across my face. I swore as I turned away from his table, I swore I saw him smile.

         

Lunch was by very fast. Ron didn’t speak much at all. Alice never shut up, not that it’s a bad thing. I love to hear her talk its just, wow; she has a lot on her mind. I walked to my next, which I knew I didn’t have with anyone. Therefore, I knew that this was one of those classes where I normally say nothing at all. I walked in the class room to see an old man working with a few things at a table. He turned around and looked at me funny. I quickly handed him the slip. He looked at me again and then handed me the slip.

“Well, Mr. Cook. I hope you will enjoy our little class it is rather fun. We are the top forensics in the state.” He told me. He showed me my seat and then went back to dealing with the things on the table. I sat there calmly and waited for the class to begin. I watched the students shuffle into the class room and then out of no where he walks in the room. I just couldn’t believe it at all. I saw that there were only two seats left open. I hoped to god he wouldn’t sit by me. Well, I guess go wasn’t in at that moment because he sat down right beside me. I cringed as he sat down and I think he noticed it because he tensed up afterward. The last student entered the class room and sat at the remaining vacant seat.

“Well, it looks like everyone is here so lets us begin.” The teacher said He started to hand out small pieces of paper to each table. When he came by my table he handed each of us a paper and he handed me something extra. It was a small note, it read:

Sorry for not introducing myself. I’m Mr. Retto. I hope you enjoy my class. Don’t be slacking off though. You are partnered with my best student. If his grades start going down, I’ll come after you. -Mr. Retto

I placed the note to the side and looked at the sheet he handed us all.

It was a project sheet; apparently we would be doing a project due by the end of the day. I looked back up at the front of the room and waited for an explanation. He turned around and looked at us all.

“Well, does everyone have a sheet? Good, what we are going to be doing for the rest of the day is have a mock CSI day. Each table has their own case file with everything in it. What you and your partner are going to be doing is stated in the file. You have everything you will need for the case in those boxes over there. By the end of the day I want to know exactly what happened at your crime scene and who did what. Have fun and good luck.” He explained. Everyone in the room went for the tables to grab a case full of items. I walked up, grabbed the stuff, and then walked back to the table.

“Well, are you ready to go, partner?” I said kindly. He looked at me with a dead smile and then pushed past me and out the door.

The only thing I could at that moment was ‘How rude.’

    

Copyright © 2011 snowangel9324; All Rights Reserved.
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this author. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new stories they post.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

There are no comments to display.

View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..