Jump to content
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

Of Heaven and Hell: The Beginning - 5. Chapter 5

Chapter 4

 

A bright light shinned on my face. I slowly opened my eyes to see my mother standing in the corner of the room talking to Ron and Mick. I looked around the white room I was in. It was a plain white room there was a window on the right half of the room. A silhouette stood by that window. I sat up in the bed I was in and rubbed the sleep from my eyes.

“Max, you’re awake. Oh, that’s great. I was so worried about you.” My mother said quickly.

“Where am I?” I asked. She tried to answer, but was interrupted by the silhouette by the window.

“You’re in a hospital.” The shadow said.

“Why?” I asked.

“Oh, you don’t remember. You were walking to school and you tripped and hit your head on the side of the road. Luckily, Vergil was driving to school and saw you take the nasty spill. He’s the one who brought you here.” She explained to me. I looked at her and then back at the man in the window. I figured that it was Vergil in the window and not too surprisingly, I was right. My mom left the room to go talk to my other friends and tell them I was ok. This gave me time to speak to Vergil alone. I sat up a little more and looked out the door. There was one thing that bothered me, why was he going to my house anyway. He never passes the house, well not that I know of.

“Vergil thanks, but why were you going by my house in the first place?” I asked him

“I wanted to see if you would have liked a ride to school. I didn’t know how you got to school so I thought I’d give you a ride. When I got to your house you were half way down the street so I drove to get you and I saw you fall. I immediately picked you up and brought you here.” He said in a monotone voice. I smiled at him and in the reflection of the window I saw him smile too. I felt tired all of a sudden and I really wanted to go to sleep. I yawned without realizing. He turned and looked at me. He nodded and I laid back down to get some sleep. He walked from the window to the door on the other side. I started to close my eyes. When he popped back in and looked me funny.

“Max, you still have to sit at my table tomorrow.” He stated and then he left the room. I laughed and then slowly fell into a second deep sleep.

                                     

                           *********************************

 

I walked down the hall of the school. It wasn’t all that big, but it wasn’t that small either. I just couldn’t believe he got hurt. My stupid big brother always over doing himself, then I remembered that he died a few years back and I was still talking about him like he was alive. I’m about 4’ 5”, I know I’m short for my age, but I don’t care. I have brown hair and sky blue eyes. I gotthe hair from my dad and my eyes are my mom’s. I got to my first class. It was English. I hate English; it’s not my best subject. I walked into the class room and saw my friend, Peter, sitting in the back corner of the room. I ran to get the seat next to him before anyone else did. I succeeded in doing so.

“Yo, Remy how was your summer?” He asked. I looked at him and then at the teacher. Just to make sure he wasn’t looking at us.

“It was fucking awesome, I got to go to Japan and I met some nice girls and some really hot girls, man.” I said braggingly

He used a small sad face and I just laughed at him. I knew he would ask that question. He hasn’t been in school for months. He was in the hospital because of some thing he did. I can’t remember. It really is about the middle of December. I think like the 17th. Well, this was the second to the last day of school. Break was going to start soon and that meant that Max would be coming home for Christmas. Max was my cousin, his parents died about the time my brother did and he came to live with us. He went to a new high school in Washington this year and I really missed him. I haven’t seen him so long. I waited for class to be over. It took so god damn long. I walked out of the class and started to walk around the halls until second period begun, which wouldn’t be for another half an hour.

I walked around the hall with my friend Peter. We were talking and I wasn’t paying any attention. I accidentally ran into a random kid. I fell on the right on the ground; I looked up to see who I ran into.

“Watch where you’re fucking going you fucking pr…” I said stopping as I opened my eyes.

The kid I ran into was a guy. He was about 5’ 9” with brown hair and glasses. He was wearing a blue shirt with a skull on it and faded blue jeans. I think his eye were a brown like his hair. I got this sudden weird feeling in my stomach. He looked rather distressed.

“Sorry, I guess I should watch where I’m going next time.” He said extending his hand to help me up. I don’t know why, but I couldn’t help but blush. I tried to regain my stature. I pushed his hand away and just got up all on my own. He was about a foot and a half taller than me.

“Right, maybe next time you should.” I said in a mean tone and walked away from him I walked around the hall a few more times before Peter said anything.

“What was that?” He asked me in a laugh.

“What was what?” I replied back.

“That, don’t you deny it I saw you blush back there. What I don’t understand is why?” He explained.

“Oh, you saw that. I really don’t know why? It was weird.” I said back. He just laughed and walked away back to his second period. I thought I would skip second and go see my counselor.

 

I walked all the way to the third floor and was about to walk into the guidance office when I ran into something again. This time I didn’t fall. Something had grabbed me and held me up. I opened my eyes to see that same kid from earlier.

“We really have to stop meeting like this.” He said laughing. I noticed that his arms were around my waist holding up from the ground. He must of saw how awkward the position was for me because he let me go and again extended his hand. This time I thought ‘What the hell. None of my friends are around.’ I grabbed his hand and shook it kindly.

“I’m Kevin. I just moved here from Colorado.” He said smiling

“I’m Remy.” I said back

“Well, hi Remy. Sorry about earlier and just now. I guess I need to pay more attention.” He said apologetically.

“Hey, no problem.” I said. He looked at his watch and then started to take off. I watched him round the corner. He came back and looked at me.

“It was nice meeting you Remy.” He said and then he left again. I just smiled and walked back to my second period. I walked into the room and saw that no one was there. I looked around and saw a note on the board. I grabbed it and then sat down in my desk. It read: Well, I guess you decided to skip again. Well, don’t bother. A lot of the teachers are getting sick and no one can come in to replace them and since we have to keep you all here until 2:00. We are going to let you all do what you want for the rest of the day.

Signed,

Uncle Roger.

I laughed after reading the note. I set it down and then walked out the door to the classroom. This was the first time this had happened and I was going to use my time to its fullest. I wasn’t looking for anyone in particular, but as I rounded a corner I saw Kevin walking down the hall. I tried to catch up with him, but I lost him. I continued to walk until I heard someone talking. It was coming from the room in front of me. I walked up to the door and cracked it open a bit to hear what who ever were talking was saying. I heard a familiar voice answer the phone that was ringing. This is exactly what I heard.

“Kevin, here, what happened over there?” Kevin said

“Someone saw Bella in full witch out fit.” A second voice said. I noticed that I could here the other side of the conversation. I just thought he had put it on speaker phone for better reception.

“What, who saw her and where at?” Kevin asked

“I don’t know his exact name, but Vergil has informed me that he thinks everything he saw was a dream. That’s better for us. We don’t have to get a civilian involved in this.” The second voice said.

“Well, that’s good then. Keep me informed, Leister.” Kevin said.

“Will do, X out” The voice known as Leister said.

“XIII out” Kevin said back. He shut the phone and then started to walk toward the door. I freaked out. He was going to catch me eavesdropping on him. I had no idea what to do, but then something came to mind. I walked away from the door and back toward the corner of the hall. I had to time this perfectly. I waited to see which way he would be going. He started to walk my way. I turned the corner and started toward him. I braced for impact and plowed right into him. This time he grabbed my hand. I felt the touch of his hand on mine and oddly his hand was freezing cold. He picked me up and set me in front of him he laughed a little and then looked at me.

“I thought I said we should quit meeting like this.” He said in a laugh and then he smiled at me and I back at him. We took off down the hall in a friendly stroll. I just couldn’t help, but wonder how cold his hand was and who this Vergil he talked about was. I pushed off my curiosity and just walked down the hall with my new friend.

Copyright © 2011 snowangel9324; All Rights Reserved.
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this author. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new stories they post.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

There are no comments to display.

View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..