Jump to content
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

Of Heaven and Hell: The Beginning - 6. Chapter 6

Chapter 5

 

I woke up in the white room of the hospital. I looked around to see a man standing at the door. He was clothed in a white outfit so, I thought he was the doctor. He walked over to my bed and looked me over. I smiled politely at him hoping he would say I could go. He smiled back at me and then motioned for someone to come into the room. The person coming in was Vergil. I was surprised to see him here. I thought he would be at school. I looked over at the clock at the end of the room. It read: 3:30. I had slept through a whole day of school. I looked back at Vergil and saw that he wasn’t mad at all. The doctor looked at me and then at Vergil. I had no idea what they were talking about. I could clearly see them speaking though. I sat up in the bed and grabbed the clothes that had been sitting so nicely next to my bed. I threw them on real quick and then I laid back down in the bed.

“So, he can leave today.” Vergil said smiling

“Yes, he can leave, but he can’t over do it. That means no extreme exercise and no working on the house.” The doctor ordered.

I just smiled at him and then got up and walked out the door with Vergil. I saw that his car was parked on the far side of the parking lot. This would give me time to ask him questions. I didn’t have a lot, but a few were really bugging me. Most of the walk was silent. I decided that I would break the veil over our voices.

“Vergil, what’s a Reaver?” I asked squeamishly. I saw him wince at my question and I knew he was going to wonder why I had asked that question. Frankly, I don’t know why I did.

“Why do you ask that?” He wondered

“Because in my dream, this thing said that I was a Reaver and I was wondering what it was?’ I replied. He just went silent. He almost stopped breathing. I was afraid I hit a nerve or something and I didn’t want to offend him.

“You don’t have to tell me. If…if you don’t want to.” I said hoping that he would speak again. He turned around and looked at me. He smiled and nodded his head. I was happy. I smiled back at him and we continued to walk to his car. When, we made it to his car, someone was there waiting for us. He was tall not too tall, but not that short. I think he was about 4’ 7” or so. He had white hair and his eyes were a deep red. He had a stroller next to the car. He was smiling at the contents. We walked up and Vergil looked rather pleased to see him.

“Leon, what are you doing here?” Vergil asked

“Alexeus took Capel out to the market. So, I thought why not drop in on you.” He said.

“Well, how nice, so, who do you have with you?” Vergil asked

“Riku, I took him and Alexeus took Capel as I had said before” He said

I went to look in the stroller and what I saw was amazing. It was a little baby boy, not even a year old. He had snow white hair and the most gorgeous blue eyes. I smiled at the little one in the stroller and then walked back over to Vergil.

“He is absolutely beautiful.” I said to Leon.

“Why thank you. I think he is the best son I’ll ever have.” Leon said.

“You’re welcome.” I said

“Well, we have to go.” Vergil said.

“Yea, I have to get going as well. Alex is supposed to meet me at the diner.” He said back. We had been talking for so long that I hadn’t noticed how hungry I really was. I just couldn’t stop my stomach from growling. Vergil laughed and so did Leon. I just blushed like an innocent school girl. So, instead of getting in the car we walked down the street with Leon. We got to the dinner in a few minutes. I was having such a great time with these two that I had realized that we had ordered al ready. The diner was small. It was cramped and old, but the food is supposed to be really good. I was sitting across from the others, all alone on my own side. I heard the door swing open and I went to see if it was Alex, but what I saw was not what I had hoped for. The person or really thing that came in the door was something from my dream. I looked around. No one else could see it or hear it except for me. I could see it plain as day. The dark black eyes and the rotting flesh on either side of its face the black hood it was wearing, but the worst part of all was the sound of its breathing. It was so ridged, staggered, and horse. The sound was horrifying like you were watching someone suffocate in front of your eyes and you did absolutely nothing to help them. I was in such horror that it was a miracle that I didn’t scream. There was a loud crash in the back of the dinner and I looked quick to see what it was? A waitress had dropped a few plates. I looked back to where the creature was standing, but…it was gone. This freaked me out beyond belief, one minute it was there and the next it was gone. I had no clue what was going on, but what ever was happening was creeping me out. I looked back to Vergil and Leon. Leon was holding his kid close to his chest while Vergil was tensed up. I could just tell something was wrong, but what? Had they seen that thing too? Had they heard the things foul breathing patterns? I leaned in close as close as possible.

“Did you see that thing just now, the one at the door?” I asked in a whisper trying not to seem completely insane. Well they heard me loud and clear and the glare I got from the both of them was rather disturbing. It was this hardened glare that says that if you don’t keep your mouth shut I will kill you. I was a little bit freaked but not scared. I don’t scare easily. I may get freaked out from time to time, but I never get scared. The lady who had dropped the plates came over with the food we had ordered and then left. We quickly ate the food in front of us and then paid for it. We almost ran out the door and down the street. We were walking near a dark alley when I felt something grab me. I was pulled from my standing place to another in the alley. I was slammed against the brick wall of the building next to the alley. Vergil’s bright amber eyes starring back at me like they were looking at someone who had just killed his brother in cold blood.

“What did you see?” He asked plainly.

“A creature w-with a dark hood and rotting skin.” I said trying not to stutter.

“It’s breathing, what did it sound like?” He asked the second question with a little more anger.

“Like you were watching someone suffocate.” I stated plainly. He looked to the ground and let me go. He looked sorry and mad at the same time it was rather odd. I had no idea what in the world was going on, but I wanted to find out now!

Copyright © 2011 snowangel9324; All Rights Reserved.
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this author. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new stories they post.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

There are no comments to display.

View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..