Jump to content
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

Of Heaven and Hell: The Beginning - 4. Chapter 4

Chapter 3

         

We walked down the hall to where our scene would be placed. It was a boy’s bathroom on the west side of the school. There was a security guard outside of the bathroom. We walked up to him. He looked at us with a look of pure sadness. Vergil started to talk to him while I went to examine the scene. When I entered the bathroom I noticed that there was something not right about the scene. I looked at the body on the floor. It was a male, Caucasian, with red hair. He was wearing a blue shirt and a pair of jeans. I walked to the body and looked more closely than before. I noticed some pieces of hair on his right thigh. I put on a pair of rubber gloves and opened the case we got from the class. I used some tweezers to grab the hairs and put them in a plastic bag for safe keeping. I looked around and saw a lead pipe under the sink on the far side of the room. I crouched down to get said pipe. When the pipe was in my hands I started to look for any evidence on it. I saw a dried up substance on one end of the pipe. I took a cotton swab and got a sample of the substance. I used a chemical to check for blood. It came up positive. I dusted the pipe for finger prints and found two sets. I set the pipe down and walked out of the bathroom to meet with Vergil. He was sitting at a bench not to far from the room. I walked up and handed him the bags of evidence. He took a quick look at them and then handed me a picture from the case file. It was an African, male; Age: 15, Height: 5’ 6”. He had black hair. I nodded my head and we headed back to the class to finish up the case.

When we entered the class, we saw only the teacher. We walked back to the computers in the back and put in all our evidence. It came up with a positive match to the boy in the picture. Vergil walked up to Mr. Retto and showed him who did it and he was surprised that we finished it that quick. He gave us both and A. we were dismissed to leave the school grounds and go home if we wish. I went to my locker and then went to head for the front door of the school until I was stopped by a hand on the shoulder. I jumped at the surprised and as I came back down from my little fright, I heard a small laugh from behind me. I turned around to Vergil standing right there laugh away with that same smile I had seen at lunch earlier that day.

“Nice job in class today…um?” He said stuttering at the end of his sentence.

“Max, its Max.” I said nervously.

“Max, right, I‘ll have to try and remember that.” He said with a kind grin on his face. I smiled back at him and we both walked out the front doors to the school. Outside it was still pretty cold. I shivered once or twice. We walked out to the parking lot by the end of the school. There weren’t that many cars there. Therefore, I thought that most people must live very close. I stopped and watched him walk to a black Mustang. He opened the passenger side door and motioned for me to join him. I walked up to the car and slid in to the black car. He climbed in the driver’s side, put the keys in the ignition, and turned the car on. I don’t know much about cars and stuff, but what I do know is that his car purred like a black leopard. He put it in drive and we were off.

The ride was quiet most of the way he really didn’t talk much. I thought that the silence in the car should end. Therefore, I broke it with a question.

“How old are you?” I asked

“Twenty.” He said with out turning his view from the road.

“Where are we going?” I asked.

“To your house, I’m going to drop you off there.” He said. I smiled at him and noticed that he was smiling too. For a person with not that many friends, He is very kind. We sat in that never ending silence for a few more minutes. The he pulled up to the mansion. He stopped the car and I got out.

“Thanks for the ride Vergil.” I said

“No problem. Oh and Max, I better see you at my table tomorrow. Ok.” He told me sternly. I was surprised at what he said, but I nodded my head and went inside. It wasn’t that cold inside, warmer than what it is outside. I went to my room on the second floor. I placed my backpack at the door and lay down on my bed. All I could think about was going to get to sit with him during lunch tomorrow. I closed my eyes and found myself drifting off to a cold, deep, sleep and during that sleep I began to dream.

The night passed blissfully by as my mind dreamed all night long, I woke to the sound of birds singing outside my window. I got up quickly and ran to the dresser. I grabbed a red shirt and jeans. I slipped them on and ran out the door. I walked to the school rather quickly hoping to get there fast. I came up on the school, but what I saw was not what I had seen the day before. Everyone was outside screaming and ranting about some monster attacking the school. I saw Ron standing next to Mick. Mick’s hands protectively around Ron’s waist. I would have smiled, but I didn’t think the time was just right. I ran up to them and set my bag down. Mick looked up and cringed. I guess he hoped no one saw him like this with Ron. I just smile and mouthed “its ok” to him. He relaxed and smiled back at me.

“What’s going on?” I asked him

“The school was attacked by some creature. No one knows what it is or where it came from.” He replied. I nodded and looked around. I didn’t see Alice anywhere.

“Where’s Alice?” I asked him quickly. He glanced at the doors to the school. I gasped and he nodded. This feeling of curiosity and fear spread over my body.

“I’m going in.” I said without hesitation. He blinked at me. He began to open his mouth to protest, but before he could say anything I was gone. I ran up to the police officer at the walk way to the front door. Without him noticing I slipped his gun out of his holster and slipped another from a cop walking toward the first cop. I had both guns in my hands and went for the door. I got in without a problem. I walked down the first hall looking for anything that was out of the ordinary. I heard a crash come from the main office. I ran toward it quickly hoping to find what was in the school. What I found was a little more then I had expected. There in front of me was this huge creature. It had black wings and horns the size of a large sword. Its skin was red. It had fur on its legs and hoofs where its feet should be. It was totally freaky. I had no idea what it was, but I knew it was bad. I raised the gun and got ready to fire. It stared at the gun and then began to laugh. With a quick swipe both guns were on the floor. I was really scared now. I had no way to defend my self and this thing didn’t look to friendly. It slammed its hand on its leg and pull out a black long sword. It started to walk toward me with the sword raised high. I closed my eyes thinking that this was the end of me. I sat there in silence, waiting for the sword to strike, but it didn’t. I opened my eyes to see the creature in a smaller form and next to a girl dressed in black. It was a black dress and heels. Her hair was long and black. It hung just in front of her eyes. She looked a little bit peeved to me. She extended her hand out toward me in a gesture to help me up. I grabbed her hand and slowly stood up.

“What are you doing here?” She asked madly

“I wanted to see what was going on. When I got inside, I heard a crash and saw that thing. I thought it was the thing attacking the school.” I answered, pointing to the red creature with wings on the girls shoulder.

“Well, what was I suppose to do. He pointed a gun at me. So, I thought he was a Reaver.” The small thing said in a devilish voice.

“Lucius, you always jump to conclusions and never ask questions. You’re lucky that Bella got here when she did or you would have killed him.” A creature said that looked exactly like the red one except it was white. It was on Bella’s other shoulder. The red thing stuck its tongue out at the white one. This was all a massive shock for me and I just couldn’t take it anymore. The next thing I knew was total darkness.

Copyright © 2011 snowangel9324; All Rights Reserved.
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this author. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new stories they post.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

There are no comments to display.

View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..