Jump to content
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

Of Heaven and Hell: The Beginning - 8. Chapter 8

Chapter 7

Vampire, vampire, why was that the only word I could think of that describes him. Other than the immense beauty he has that is the only other thing that oddly seems right to call him that. I was just so confused. I just was so tired that I stopped thinking about him and that word and started to fall asleep. I felt my mind slip slowly into the darkness of my dreams. I just hoped tonight I wouldn’t have any nightmares like every other night I sleep. I felt the darkness take a hold of me and I just slept.

 

I was in a forest. I was six years old and I was running, running from something behind me. I looked behind and all I saw was trees and darkness. I looked to my side and saw someone holding my hand. It was a boy. He was tall and had brown hair, his eyes were a bright blue and he had a look of worry on his face. He looked over to me with a big smile.

“Everything is going to be ok.” He said

“Alright, big brother Toby.” I said he smiled and then looked back ahead of us. All of the sudden he stopped in his tracks. I looked in front of us and saw a man with a .45 Colt Revolver. He had this sick sadistic smile all over his face. He cocked the gun and pointed at me. My brother stepped in front of me just as he pulled the trigger. I watched him fall to the ground.

         

I jumped out of my bed in a scare. I had beads of sweat running down my face.

“TOBY!!” I screamed loudly my mother ran into the room. She had on her nightgown and my dad was in his plaid pajama pants and a gray shirt. My mother ran to my side and gave me a big hug. She knew what was wrong and so did my dad.

“Its ok baby, it’s ok.” She said in a hysteric fit. My dad even had tears in his eyes.

“Why mom, why did he do it? Why?” I asked in between sobs.

“He did it because he loved you sweetie.” She said

“I know, I know, but sometimes I wish he could have let me get shot.” I said. My mother glared at with a hellfire and brimstone sort of glare.

“Remy, you know that he could have never lived with himself if he would have let you die. He loved you with all his heart. You were all he talked about since you were born you were on his mind. He told your father and me that he would never let anyone hurt you never. Now, don’t you dare say such a thing like that again?” She said in a mean tone, but it was also slightly sad. I looked at her and shook my head. I placed my head on her lap and tried to go back to sleep. Hopefully this time it would be a nightmare.

         

I woke up at about 6 in the morning. After that episode in the middle of the night I hadn’t really dreamed anything after that. It was just solid darkness and nothing else. I walked down stairs and saw my mom on the phone. I asked who it was and she mouthed to me ‘Work’. My mom was that head of a local publishing agency. It was quite popular and getting more and more clients everyday. I got to meet a lot of famous authors because of her job. Some of the authors were: Stephen King, John Hall, J.K. Rowling, and even Stephanie Myer. I loved a lot of their books, my favorite being the Twilight Series. I loved those books. I’ve read them so many times. I got out a bowl of cereal from the cabinet and ate it quickly. I then ran up stairs and got dressed. I wore a blue shirt on and some faded blue jeans too. I grabbed my black jacket and then I ran back down stairs. I went out the back down and into the garden. All the way in the far back of the garden was a bush Royal Purple Roses. Toby had cross bred a blue morning glory and a red rose and it gave him this bush. It’s the only bush of its kind and he cared for it daily. He loved it just as much as he loved me. I went to the bush and picked one soul flower and then walked back inside. Toby’s necklace was sitting on the counter where I had left it yesterday. It was a Rose Embedded with Amethysts. It was beautiful. I didn’t care how girly it was I would never stop wearing this necklace. I grabbed my backpack and went to the car. My dad was waiting for me. He drove us to the cemetery next to the school. I knew everyone saw that I went there on this day, but none of them knew why I went there and they never would. I walked up to the grave in the far back. It was standing alone the way we wanted it to. I set the rose on the grave and then sat down.

“Hey, big bro. happy birthday. I brought you another flower. You should see the bush. It’s huge now. I’ve been doing what you told me to trim it every few weeks and water it daily just like you taught me to. Mom and dad miss you a lot and so do I. I wish that night had never happened. Then I’d still have my big bro. You were such and idiot for run in front of me. Why didn’t you let me die Toby, why? Damn it! I should have died not you, me. I have to get to school. I love you Toby.” I said to the grave that held the body of my older brother. I walked out of the cemetery and gave my dad a hug and kiss goodbye and then went to school. Toby’s Birthday was never a good day.

 

I walked in the classroom, I had made it to a bathroom before I came here so, I knew it didn’t look like I was crying even though I had been, a lot. I sat down by Peter. He looked like something bad had happened to him and it probably did. I hated Peter’s dad. He was a giant asshole, he treated Peter like crap and I mean crap. I looked at Peter to see if the evidence was obvious. His coal black hair was slight to the right and he had a black eye too. His dad had really given it to him last night. He didn’t even bother to change out of the clothes he wore yesterday. They were a blue shirt and black jeans. I wish I could help him, but what can I do. I looked back at the teacher waiting for class to begin and it did.

Mr. Write always talked too much. One whole class can be spent on a five minute lecture. I wasn’t paying any attention to him right now. I was more worried about Peter and finding out the background to Kevin. He was hiding something, but what could it be? I was just about to talk to him when a certain someone comes in the door and asks Mr. Write a question. I looked to see who it was and I wasn’t surprised at all. It was Riley Jacobs, the same kid that gave Peter all those problems last year and made him almost commit suicide. I wanted to hear what in the hell he had to say.

“Ok, that’s fine. Peter, go with Mr. Jacobs here” He said. Riley looked like he had just invoked some kind of curse and was extremely nervous as to what would happen. I waited for them to come back, but they never did. The bell rang a few minutes before he came back. I saw him smiling and I wondered what had happened. I ran up to ask him, but he was a little fast. I rounded the corner that he just went around and what I saw was awe striking. There up against the wall was Riley and his lips were firmly pressed against someone else’s lips. I looked to see the other person and this is what sent me over the edge was that the second person was Peter. I could clearly see that Peter was enjoying every second of this kiss. He was all over Riley like a bat out of hell. When, they finally broke the kiss, both of them were flushed red by the lack of oxygen. Riley gave him a big hug and the kissed him on the cheek and then ran toward his class. Peter has the same class as me and he turned around so that he could walk to class and he saw me. He blushed a bright red and then started to walk beside me.

“Alright spill.” I said plainly.

“We’re dating. He took me outside the classroom and confessed that he really liked me and wanted to go out with me if I wanted to.” He explained

“What did you do?’ I asked

“The only thing I thought of and that was what you saw back there. Me doing what I thought of to him.’ He said smiling. I just laughed and then drug him into the nurse office.

 

“Serena, I need your help.” I screamed in the small office. A woman about 5’ 10” came out from behind the curtain. She had black hair and blue eyes. She was wearing a pair of blue jeans and a white shirt.

“What do you need, coz?” She asked. I just showed her Peter’s black eye and she cringed at the sight of it.

“Rick got you bad this time Pete. Here I’ll use some of my cover-up. Ok” She said to us. She went back to her bag behind the curtain and came back with a vial of make-up. I laughed at the fact that Pete had to wear makeup again and then I walked out of the room still thinking that one word: Vampire.

Copyright © 2011 snowangel9324; All Rights Reserved.
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this author. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new stories they post.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

There are no comments to display.

View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..