Jump to content
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

Ice Fairy; The Friends - 10. Chapter 10

Chapter Ten

Caleb’s POV

It was just past midnight and Caleb felt like he’d fall over from fatigue. Was it the dinner or dealing with the drama from tonight? Or was it anticipation of the not-so-fun times that tomorrow would bring?

Aw hell, he shouldn’t think like that. Tomorrow was a huge day for him and Ryan. Their wedding day! He’d marry the man of his dreams; the one that’d captured his heart from second one over three years ago.

Wow. This was such a huge step; but they were both ready for it.

Caleb put his arms up above his head and stretched from side to side trying to work out the kinks in his back.

“Damn, that was one helluva way to end the dinner, wasn’t it? Our friends sure keep the drama llama going.”

Ryan laughed and rolled his eyes. “No kidding, damn. I mean, I get why Sam went and even why he didn’t tell Brett; but that blew up way outta proportion ya know?”

After putting his arms down and rolling his shoulders, Caleb answered. “Oh totally. Pfft. He acted like an ass. Poor Colby looked like a deer caught in headlights. Like he knew.”

“Yeah he did. Shit. How was he gonna know Sam didn’t tell his man?” Ryan shook his head and let out a sigh. He shrugged and opened his arms and walked into Caleb’s ever-waiting open arms.

Caleb loved just holding his man in an embrace; they could hang on for hours a tt a time. The smell of Ryan’s hair, his muscular body felt so good pressed against his own, minimized form. He was thrilled that Ryan could fit his arms all the way around him now, and then some.

A soft voice was heard from beneath the full, ruddy hair and that handsome face appeared with a curious look in his eye.

“Just tell me we won’t be like that, again.” Ryan requested sweetly as he put his head back on Caleb’s shoulder.

Tightening his hold on his fiancé, Caleb felt a pang of guilt over the whole Sam situation and how it’d gotten out of control. He dropped a kiss on Ryan’s head.

“Never again, baby. We had our lil excitement already. I’m done with it.” He meant that with all his heart.

The adorable face looked up at him and their eyes met before each moved in to share a slow, melting kiss.

“Definitely.” Ryan yawned and it made his body shake. “Now, to get some sleep so we can deal with your sibs.”

Crap, did he really just mention them? Right before bedtime too?

Emitting a loan groan, Caleb rolled his eyes and felt all the strength leave his body. He rubbed his face as if he was trying to scrub any thoughts of them from his mind.

“Ryebread, stop reminding me. I know, I know. Blood, family, blah, blah. Shit! Some sibs they were when big Cal came out. The fuckers ran for the hills.” A surge of anger flowed through his veins as the memories surfaced of his ‘coming out’ revelation and how none of them supported him. It made his head start to ache just thinking about them.

A hand caught his arm and pulled him in to a side hug. “Hey, I know it sucks, but they are coming. Ain’t that worth anything?”

Sometimes Ryan could be the sweetest guy alive, and sometimes he could be the most naïve person ever. His siblings coming wasn’t a good thing; he knew that much. But his lover was an only child; lucky punk.

Family was the only thing that could make the usually calm and wise Caleb degrade to a whiny child in less than ten seconds. They’re hurt him and so he ignored them. Why they were even coming was a mystery; since they didn’t wanna be around their ‘different’ brother.

“Hon, only because the folks gave ‘em hell to be there. Talk about a hostile party. I don’t like havin’ to feel like I do about ‘em but I do.” He felt angsty about things and wished Ryan would let it go; but for some reason he wanted to think about them again. Why?

Ryan caught him around the waist. “Maybe they’ve changed?

As if. Not gonna happen. They don’t change. Only Caleb did. “No. they don’t change. Only I did. Plus I changed into something they couldn’t understand or want around them anymore.”

“Aww, hon” Ryan laid his head on Caleb’s broad shoulder and they hung on in silence for a long moment. They pulled back and those beautiful green eyes looked up at him again.

“Look, at the 1st sign of shitheadedness, they’re on their asses or out the door ok? This is our wedding and I don’t want you upset.”

Caleb felt his heart swell and gave his fiancé a very soft look. He cupped Ryan’s chin and looked into his eyes. “Damn. Did I ever hit gold when we became neighbors. I found the best guy ever.”

“Nope, I’m second best. You’re number one, baby.”

Feeling love soar in his heart, Caleb leaned down and kissed Ryan deeply. He wished that he had the energy to make love to him right now; but it just wasn’t there and he dare not disappoint.

But there was more that happened that he could focus on at least. His mind wandered back to one of the other couples.

“Hey, at least one good thing happened tonight. Jake and Colby are back on again.”

“Damn good thing.” Ryan sighed and smiled. “That boy needs a good fuck and soon.”

The two both burst into laughter and it felt so good just to have a light moment.

“For sure. Finally.”

Ryan eyed him again. “Ok enough talk, time to rest. We’ve got a very important day tomorrow.” He tugged at Caleb’s arm and led him towards their bedroom.

That was the one saving grace. They would be married. “That’s true. They’ll be a new Mr. Jacobson tomorrow. Ryan P. Jacobson.” He couldn’t help but smile and love that his husband would share his name.

“Damn right. Ain’t nothin’ in our way, Cal. Shit, I feel married already. But who could resist going through the whole shebang?” Ryan teased. He had to be kidding, right?

He ruffled Ryan’s hair. “You’re crazy, baby. Wedding planning sucks. The best part is the end. Especially the honeymoon.”

They stopped in the hallway and drew each other in for a long embrace.

“Absolutely. Or the night before…. If I weren’t exhausted.” Ryan laid his head down on Caleb’s chest. “Not like my body doesn’t want to; just ain’t got the energy.”

Ditto for him. “Same here, baby. But that doesn’t mean I can’t just hold you all night. Come on, off to bed.” He tugged on Ryan’s arm.

“You can hold me as long as you want, Cal. Long as we’re together.” Ryan replied and a little smile formed on his lips. “Well, and naked.”

Caleb smiled and kissed Ryan again. “Then let’s get to bed.”

Copyright © 2014 stephanie l danielson; All Rights Reserved.
  • Like 4
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this author. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new stories they post.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

On 04/13/2014 01:18 PM, Suvitar said:
Caleb and Ryan are such a lovely couple, hopefully everything goes well in their wedding :unsure:
thank you :) now to deal with the other couples...sigh...
Link to comment
View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..