Jump to content
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

Ice Fairy; The Friends - 8. Chapter 8

Chapter Eight

Colby’s POV

The evening air was chilly, but sweet. Colby had enjoyed the day very much so far, with the highlight obviously being right now; with Jake at his side again and the offer of a warm hand at his beck and call.

What did Colby want? Did he want Jake back? Yes. Very much. Was it too soon? Not at all. Not anymore. Any residual feelings; or what he called ‘residue’ in his brain anymore over THAT girl dried up and blew away like a tumbleweed.

He was so happy to be purged of her! His soul felt cleansed and having some quiet time to himself and his thoughts he’d come to only one conclusion; Colby wanted Jake. In any way that they could be together… including sexually.

Holy crap, the man was so hot and him walking so close to Colby made his hairs stand on end. He was charged with sexual tension that was likely to burst; but he’d wait for the right moment. Tonight wasn’t it, not just yet.

But soon. Damn soon.

A deep, sexy voice interrupted his inner monologue.

“So, what’s on your mind?” Jake asked.

Colby smiled and looked at his companion. He brushed his fingers along the large hand that was just an inch away and was happy it opened to let his hand rest inside.

“Just…happier.” He revealed. Truth be told, happier than he’d been in a long time.

Jake’s beaming smile was a gorgeous sight to behold and it warmed him on the inside even more.

“Well that’s good to hear. I wasn’t real sure how to feel about you seeing your ex again; but if you got closure, that’s all that matters.”

That was true enough. Colby had told him all about the encounter with Amber and her fiancé; he was so grateful to put her behind him in his mind and his heart. It was time to open it up for real this time.

“Jake…” Colby stopped them and he turned towards the handsome man. The breeze lifted strands of his short, brown hair just enough to where he could see a glint or two of silver in the mix. It reminded him that Jake was 35 years old, but also that he was mature and hot and wanted him and was very, very deserving of love.

“Yeah?”

Damn, those green eyes looking into his own nearly rendered him speechless. He had to swallow to moisten his throat again.

“I… wanna be with you again. Like yer boyfriend.” He uttered quickly, ducking his head away in fear of any rejection. But instead, he felt a warm hand cup his face and that same beaming smile was back; along with a very spritely twinkle in Jake’s eyes.

“Are you sure this time?” was the much-anticipated obvious question.

Colby nodded. “Yea, oh hell yea I’m sure this time. I was a damn fool before and I know it was just a couple days ago that I broke us up; but a lot’s changed in my head and I’m figurin’ out my heart. If you can be just a little more patient with me; but with me as your man again, I’d sure like that.”

He gave Jake his best puppy-eyes look and held their hands together tighter.

“Colby…”

Fearing a no, it was time to pull out all the stops. “I done bad, Jake. I know I was a shitty boyfriend before and you deserve the best ever. If you don’t want me back, I get it, okay? But know I real sorry for what I done and that I wanna make up for it if you just give me a little bit more time. Not much, just a smidgen.”

He held his fingers apart about a quarter-inch and hoped and prayed that Jake would say yes again.

“Okay, a smidgen I can handle.” Jake answered at last, allowing Colby to take a breath.

“Really?” he felt a weight lift off of him.

“Really.” Jake cupped Colby’s face with both hands and before he could move in, Colby moved first and closed the distance between them, planting a nice, warm, sweet kiss on Jake’s lips.

“Mmm. Damn. That was nice, baby.” Jake replied, licking his lips. “Love a hot kiss from my man.”

Colby grinned from ear to ear. “Your man? Damn, Jake. I was so scared to death you’d say no. I was shakin’ in my boots.” That was absolutely true; he’d felt his legs feel like they were having their own earthquake.

“I understand things better now, baby. Besides, as bad as things were; I know why now. As long as we move forward, that’s all I ask. Deal?”

Those eyes were serious and this was a do or die moment and question. But it was one Colby was ready for.

“Deal. I wanna move on so bad, Jake. I’m ready to put myself out there again and take a chance with you. You’re a great guy and I’m real lucky you ain’t tossed me to the hogs.”

Jake laughed aloud and held Colby for a long moment. “Damn, you are hilarious with your country twang and farm lingo. You’re so sexy, Colby.” He leaned back and the couple kissed again.

Colby wrapped his arms around Jake and felt that strong body pressed against his own and it excited him in ways he never knew it could. He imagined Jake holding him, without any clothes on either of them, and that got his blood racing. He couldn’t help but run his hands over the shoulders, back, and just below the waist on Jake’s clothed body.

“So are you.” Colby breathed into his boyfriend’s ear.

“Thank you.” Jake replied, as he did his own tour of Colby’s body; stopping at the same points. “It’s no secret…I want you. I wanna be with you in bed, Colby.”

Damn those green eyes had softened into the sultriest look he’d ever seen. He could feel Jake’s hardness beneath his pants.

“I want you too, Jake.”

Jake’s brows went up. “Honest?”

Colby traced his boyfriend’s beard with his fingers. “Honest, Baby. I’m just goin’ slow to be respectful.” Okay, he had to admit he was getting the worst hard-on of his life right now. Amber had never turned him on like this; not ever. They’d had good times for sure, but he knew Jake would take his breath away.

Without another word, Jake kissed him again, and it went deeper than before. Colby felt those huge, strong hands go over his backside and below the waist this time; but Jake halted for a moment.

“Do you mind?”

Not wanting to break the mood too much, Colby just nodded. “Keep on truckin’, Baby.”

Jake laughed and continued on with what he was doing. Soon, Colby felt those hands over his back and ass, and how they started to massage him. He came a little in his own pants as his hands did the same thing to Jake’s firm, taut body. Okay, they were still in suits, but their hands were having all the fun at the moment.

Colby’s brain was a little tied up at the moment with his lust; but there was something else nudging at him that he needed to say; something he should’ve done a long time ago.

“Jake…”

“Hmm?” he pulled back from their kiss.

“I gotta tell you somethin’ else.”

They separated a little bit.

“Go ahead, baby.”

Colby took a deep breath and ran his fingers through Jake’s already mussed hair. “I do want ya…real bad. But not here. Tomorrow afternoon? I wanna make love with ya, Jake. Tomorrow.”

“After the wedding?”

“Yea, after that. We’ll have a long break in there. You’ve waited so long to be with me, and I been such a dope. Dammit.” He felt his tension break free. “Jake, just bein’ here with you and you’re such a damn good guy. I know ya love me.”

Jake nodded. “Very much, Colby. I was a flirt with you at first; but you worried me sick, baby. Yeah, it hurt a lot this time; but I do still love you.”

Damn, that cut Colby to his core, to know how bad he’d hurt his man. He felt tears at the back of his eyes and his legs were registering on the Richter scale again. Shaking, he looked into those emerald eyes again. “Jake, I real sorry for everything I done. Everything. I slayed my demons, baby.” This was it, this was the moment. He took a deep breath and just blurted it out. “I love you too.”

Just saying it out loud at last made them both smile. Colby felt another huge weight fall away and knew in his heart that it was true. He did love Jake, very, very much. Not just lust, but real concern and respect, and wanting him to be happy.

“You love me?” Jake asked, his eyes blinking back what were hopefully happy tears.

“Yeah, yeah I do.” Colby smiled and put his arms around Jake’s shoulders. “I love you so much; and I trust ya. I know I fucked up; but I wanna be a good boy.”

Jake just held him tight again and they kissed deeply. “I know you’re a good boy, baby. I’ll just have to give you a little tap on the forehead if you mess up again. Like I did with my cat.”

Colby snorted and they just stood and held each other tight.

“Come to my place after the wedding?” Jake asked. “I’ve got that big, lonely king-size bed. We can do anything you want.”

That sounded wonderful and Colby licked his lips. “As long as we’re naked, I’m up for anything, baby.” He ran his hands over Jake’s body again and wondered if he could wait that long. But he would. Jake had been a saint to take him back, especially with all the crap he’d put him through. “Damn, I love you. I’m honored you took me back.”

Jake sniffed, but looked happy and relieved. “That’s what you do for someone you love. My sweet Colby. I can’t wait til tomorrow.”

It would be a long night for sure.

“Come on, I guess we’d best get back to the party before they think we ran off.”

Jake nodded. “Yeah, I guess so. At least we’ve got great news.”

Colby kissed their joined hands. “Oh hell yea we do.”

Copyright © 2014 stephanie l danielson; All Rights Reserved.
  • Like 9
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this author. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new stories they post.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

Wonderful chapter! I´m so glad Colby and Jake could talk about their problems and decide to be together :kiss: Age difference may bring difficulties later but Colby seems very mature and level headed guy, so perhaps they´ll be ok. :wub:

Link to comment

Is this the start of a great relationship or will Colby bottle out of it agian its going to be interesting to see how it works with the age difference I hope Colbys not rushing into things to quickly after seeing Amber

Link to comment
On 03/18/2014 05:10 AM, paul.b said:
Is this the start of a great relationship or will Colby bottle out of it agian its going to be interesting to see how it works with the age difference I hope Colbys not rushing into things to quickly after seeing Amber
I sure hope so; but the boys could tell me different at any time. :) I think we've seen the last of her...ever.
Link to comment
On 03/18/2014 04:45 AM, Suvitar said:
Wonderful chapter! I´m so glad Colby and Jake could talk about their problems and decide to be together :kiss: Age difference may bring difficulties later but Colby seems very mature and level headed guy, so perhaps they´ll be ok. :wub:
Thank you! I think they'll be okay now; the age difference makes for some differences; but they're both adults. Now to really put on the love tunes.
Link to comment
View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..