Jump to content
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

Ice Fairy; The Friends - 14. Chapter 14

Short n Sweet....

Chapter 15

Caleb’s POV

The evening was winding down and Caleb was anxious for things to finally come to a close. All he wanted to do in the world was to take his new husband to their hotel room and hold Ryan in his arms all night long. Was that too much to ask? He sure didn’t think so.

Luckily, things hadn’t been too horrible; especially considering his family was there and beyond the chilly introductions, his siblings hadn’t said a single word to him. For that, he was actually quite grateful for the most part. But something still gnawed at his gut. Why had they come at all? Was it really as his mother had said and it was to just keep peace in the family or did they want a real relationship with him and Ryan? Or even just him?

It was all too much to think about and it was going to give Caleb a headache. He decided that he didn’t really care at the moment. The only thing that mattered was a 5’10” redhead with sparkling green eyes that warmed his heart and now shared his last name.

He opened his arms as he approached his new spouse. “There’s the most handsome man in the room.” Caleb grinned as he approached Ryan on the dance floor. From the sweat on his husband’s face he could tell that Kim had given him quite the workout.

Ryan mopped his brow and gave Caleb a grin as he put his arms around his waist and held on tight.

“There’s the best guy ever.” He mumbled into Caleb’s chest and they both leaned back after a long hug to share a kiss.

Kim squealed in the background. “You two are cuter than my brother and Brett.” She teased. “Ryan is a great dancer.”

They turned to face the girl and Caleb ruffled Ryan’s sweat-laden locks. “Yeah he is; he wears me out quick. I bet all that skating gives you quite the stamina though.” He teased her. Kim just smiled.

“He has a lot of energy too. I’m quick!” Kim boasted.

Caleb smiled at the teen. “You’re quit a lively young lady, Kim. Look at you, you’re getting to be all grown up.” He looked her up and down, and despite her still being tiny to his size, she had filled out a little for her 5’0” frame.

“I do my best. Pretty soon I’ll be going to dances with boys and I’ll show them a thing or two.”

Oh boy, now that would be something to see. Sam would likely be a very protective older brother and shove away anyone who came near his beloved sister. He was a sweetheart like that for sure and he knew Kim loved him to death.

“Don’t grow up too fast, Kim. Trust me.” He thought about his folks and siblings again and held Ryan closer to him. Those green eyes looked up at him suspiciously.

“Was something said?” he asked.

“No, no. Nothing like that. No anything.” Caleb responded, his tone a bit lax. “It’s just weird is all.” He groaned. “Oh well. The night is winding down and I think it’s high time we made our exit.”

He adjusted Ryan’s collar and lapel, the rose had been drooping terribly.

“I think we should too.” Ryan agreed, luckily. “I’m pretty zonked and the cake’s sugar buzz has worn off of everyone. Only Colby and Jake have much steam left in them.”

He indicated the couple in the far corner that were still dancing together as if no one else was around.

Caleb smiled. “Damn, they look sweet together. Almost as good as we do.” He dropped a kiss on Ryan’s head, but quickly realized he’d just sucked in some sweat.

Ryan laughed. “I told you I got a workout. Come on, let’s go to the hotel.” He turned back to Kim and kissed her cheek. “Great dancing, hon. Thank you.”

“Anytime.” She grinned and Caleb swore she blushed. Great, not another crusher on Ryan. Par for the course with a teenage girl though.

“Come on, let’s round up everyone.” Caleb swiped the microphone and cleared his throat. “Everyone? The new Mr. Jacobson and I are leaving for the night. We want to thank everyone for coming and celebrating this incredible day with us.”

Ryan leaned in and spoke too. “We really appreciate it from the bottom of our hearts. Thank you.” He began to applaud the crowd and they turned it to them and the happy couple took a bow together.

It’d been a splendid day and with an energy drink or two, it’d be a wonderful night for sure. Their new life had begun.

After the farewell hugs and kisses from the best men down to shaking the hands of the barkeeper, the happy couple was on their way to the hotel at long last.

Copyright © 2014 stephanie l danielson; All Rights Reserved.
  • Like 6
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this author. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new stories they post.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

As you said, sweet and short. I´m glad they had a great day with no trouble from the family or anyone else.

Link to comment
On 06/09/2014 02:55 PM, Suvitar said:
As you said, sweet and short. I´m glad they had a great day with no trouble from the family or anyone else.
Always a good thing to have zero trouble on your wedding day. :) I promise the next chapter is much longer...
Link to comment
View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..