Jump to content
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

Ice Fairy; The Friends - 13. Chapter 13

Chapter Fourteen

At the reception: Ryan’s POV

 

So now it was that time. The much-semi-dreaded reception where all of Caleb’s siblings might make trouble. Thank goodness all his friends would be there, along with their parents. He made sure everyone would be there.

“Baby?” A sweet, dulcet tone broke his worrisome thoughts, luckily. He knew it was Caleb of course. Who else could make his heart jump without saying much of anything?

“Yeah?” he turned to face him and he drank in the garb again. Of course he’d seen it for a while now, but the tuxedo did Caleb’s newly slimmed body so much justice. He looked like the most handsome man he’d ever seen. Hell, big he was adorable; now he was just…irresistible.

Taking Ryan’s hand, Caleb led him to the front hall of the lodge. There was a small group of people, all resembling one another in one fashion or another; Caleb’s siblings.

Oh crap, this was the big moment. Time to impress the fuck outta them; this was not gonna be easy.

After clearing his throat, they walked over to the group and amid whispers and enlarged eyes, Ryan just smiled and poured on the Irish charm.

“Hello.” He started out simply enough.

Caleb patted Ryan’s arm. “Guys, this is Ryan, as you may have guessed. My husband.” He started at one corner and pointed to each person.

“This is Mary, my older sister.”

She was a tall drink of water, and skinny as a rail. Her hair was pitch black like her brother’s, but her eyes were very dark. Of course, they were enshrouded with black eyeliner and black shadow too. She looked moody as hell.

“Mary.”

There was no response beyond what looked like a snub.

Caleb moved on. “Then there’s Joseph, my first younger brother.”

He was a pouf of dark hair, with a large body to counter what Caleb had been. His eyes were lighter than his hubby’s; and his face was similar. He met Ryan’s eyes briefly and pursed his lips before giving a curt nod of acknowledgement.

“Joseph.”

“Joe.” He corrected with a terse tone.

Okey dokey. Wasn’t he pleasant? Not.

“Then there’s Peter.” Caleb went on. Peter was maybe 14 years old and short as could be, maybe 5’3”. He was already chubby and his hair had highlights in it to bring out his blue eyes.

“Peter. Nice to meet you.”

“Cool,” was the teen’s reply.

Yeah, cool too, dude.

After fighting an eye roll moment, there was one last person left. Thank goodness.

“Finally, Miss Rachel, who just turned 12.”

She looked similar to the other girls, but just smaller. Her eyes were exactly like Caleb’s and her hair was down to her waist. She wore dark makeup and nail polish; which made her look older, by choice of course. What teen girl didn’t want to look grown up? She resembled her sister Mary a little too much.

“Rachel. Awesome to meet you too.”

“Yup.” Was all she said as she pulled out her cell phone and began to play with it. “Guess I’ll put this on Instagram.”

Ryan was silently amused but relieved when Caleb pulled him away from them.

“Thank you all for coming.” He offered, which got a very silent reply.

“Whatever.” Peter responded. “Queer or not, gotta see the bro get hitched.”

Caleb scowled and corrected him. “Not queer, bro. Gay.”

There was no answer from the teen this time. Just a shrug.

Ryan just wanted to get away from them altogether. “Well, I guess we’ll get started. See you guys later.”

“Sure.” Mary retorted as she gathered up everyone and they luckily left their sight.

With a sigh of relief and that knot of tension leaving his throat at last, Ryan leaned into his husband’s side.

“Holy crap. How did you become the awesome guy you are being surrounded by them?”

Caleb chuckled. “It wasn’t easy, baby. Believe me. I spent a lot of time out of the house with my friends or holed up in my room. It wasn’t easy being roomies with Joe, believe me.”

“I can’t imagine.” Ryan was all at once sorry for his man and grateful beyond words that he was an only child.

* * * *

Sam’s POV

It was so far so good with the reception. After he and Brett had a sweet hug and the first nice words in what seemed like eons; he was looking forward to this. Their own wedding was such a whirlwind he barely remembered parts of it; there was just too much going on. But now they just had to make their toasts then relax and dance and eat.

Of course it helped that Brett held his held all the way over to the hall; to make up for what a jackass he’d been. His words, mind you. Not Sam’s, although he didn’t disagree with it either. But it was all over now at least. They’d go home later and fully make up. Now that would be a perfect capper to the day.

In the meantime; everyone gathered their food from the buffet and he chowed down on the colcannon and roast beef that he’d chosen. His stomach was able to process things better again since he and Brett were all made up again.

He saw the emcee make his way to the dance floor and he got everyone’s attention.

“Good evening, hope you’re all loving the food. Our grooms like a good mix of variety just like they are. Now to have a toast to the happy couple are their best men Brett and Sam Zephyr. Take it away gentlemen!”

The crowd was silent and Sam stood first; he told Brett he wanted to be first just to get his nerves out of the way.

“Hi, for those who don’t know me I’m Sam Zephyr and I’ve been friends with Caleb and Ryan for about three years now. I always knew just by looking at them that they were something special and that feeling was spot on.” He faced his friends who were both smiling at him. “The love you guys share is deep and forever and I wish you both as much happiness as you can stand in your new life together. You’ve had ups and downs, but you’re stronger for it today. I love you both, guys.” He faced the crowd and raised his champagne flute higher.

“To the happy couple!”

Everyone drank and applauded, then it quieted down again for Brett to make his speech.

“I’m Brett Zephyr, the guy lucky enough to be married to Sam over there.”

Sam beamed at him and felt his face blush. He was daring enough to blow his husband a kiss before they continued.

“Wow. The Jacobsons. Ryebread I never thought you’d give up your Irish name, but Jacobson suits you perfectly. You and Caleb have hit some rough patches, and glorious times, and how you two ever got through school and working at the same time without killing each other is beyond me, but you did it. More proof of your love and devotion that most people would be very jealous of.”

He raised his glass. “To two of the best friends ever. May you have peace and happiness every day of your life together.”

Sam loved the speech and it rang true with them for sure. Never goto bed angry was his personal motto; but they’d broken that a few times already. Now it was time for a new goal… to make up hotter than they had before.

After dinner was done and they started to dance; Sam watched Ryan and Caleb gaze into each other’s eyes and he remembered very fondly him and Brett doing the same not that long ago. He felt a warm hand on his shoulder and looked up to see his gorgeous husband.

“Hey, baby. We’re next up after this is over. I can’t wait to dance with you.”

Wow he was pressing all the right buttons tonight. It made Sam feel warmer with each passing moment. “I can’t wait either, Brett. We have so much to make up for.”

“Shhh.” Brett pushed his finger to Sam’s lips. “Later, my love. We can kiss on the dance floor but let’s reserve some energy for later on tonight. I owe you such a long, wet apology.”

That made Sam nearly come in his pants. He pictured Brett above him, naked and sweaty, making love to him and he couldn’t wait to get home. But like hell he’d bail from their best friend’s wedding early.

“Just you wait. I might surprise you too.” He felt so daring right now just looking into those amazing blue eyes.

Brett grinned and kissed Sam’s cheek. “Now that would be awesome. Let’s make a pact again to never goto bed angry. I was such an ass.”

“Yes you were, but I should’ve told you about going to see her.” Sam had to stop before the memory got too strong. “It’s over, and I’m glad. Colby is very happy with Jake and he’s moved on for good.” He glanced over at them; hell they were nearly in each other’s laps.

“I think they used the break between the church and reception wisely.” Brett commented. “It’s about time they did something about that. Poor ‘ol Jake was gonna explode.”

Sam laughed softly. “I think he did, just with Colby present, and in a good way.”

“That’s pretty obvious.” Brett joked.

The song ended and the emcee call up the wedding party. “Time for the rest of the party to join the fun.”

Brett and Sam walked out hand-in-hand, as did Jake and Colby. It was a very small wedding party; but it was perfect.

The mothers were standing nearby too to have a twirl on the floor with their sons as well. Ryan and Caleb broke tradition and invited them out right now so they could be with their moms.

Sam loved it; he remembered dancing with his own mother and how they made a great couple on the dance floor.

“Everything has gotten back to normal again. Everyone seems so happy.” He commented to Brett.

“Thank goodness.” They held each other tighter and didn’t say another word; they just melted into a long, sweet kiss that made Sam want to run home. But not until they’d had some cake.

Besides, it looked like some of the guests, namely Caleb’s family, didn’t look all too thrilled to be there and kept milling around. Damn them if they caused trouble. They chose to be there; if they didn’t like it they could leave anytime they wanted. Nothing would ruin their best friend’s wedding.

Copyright © 2014 stephanie l danielson; All Rights Reserved.
  • Like 7
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this author. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new stories they post.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

Lovely speeches from Sam and Brett, and it was so nice to see them back together and happy. I guess it´s too much to hope that the wedding party goes without any drama :P

Link to comment
On 05/13/2014 02:46 AM, Suvitar said:
Lovely speeches from Sam and Brett, and it was so nice to see them back together and happy. I guess it´s too much to hope that the wedding party goes without any drama :P
Thank you! Yes, they deserve to be happy :) A wedding w/out drama? Unheard of...LOL
Link to comment
View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..