Jump to content
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

Ice Fairy; The Friends - 5. Chapter 5

Chapter Five

Sam’s POV

It was probably an hour since Sam had gotten home; but he felt restless and knew what he wanted to do about this whole Colby predicament. Seeing Jake in obvious pain and knowing what was likely at the heart of the reasoning, Sam told Brett he’d forgotten something at the rink and took off.

He didn’t like lying to his new husband, but if he knew where he was headed; there would’ve likely been some resistance. But, maybe not. At this point would it really have even mattered? Answers were answers and Sam vowed to get to the crux of it all.

As Sam pulled up to his destination, he stayed back at the same time. Lord knows what kind of hornet’s nest he’d be walking into.

The house was its usual bustle of activity with so many women living there. But there was one person in-particular that he saw in the distance; standing with someone tall and lanky.

Sam gasped. “Colby? Is that you?”

Damn his eyes for not being able to see that far away; but it was the spitting image of him. Tall, willowy, blond hair. It had to be him. Who else would be here, at Amber’s house?

Yes, Amber. The one that’d been Sam’s bestie and Colby’s lady. Sam thought for sure they’d be the next to be engaged; but that was before all hell broke loose.

Now, it was nearly a year since their breakup. Eleven long months. Sam shook his head at Colby and wondered just what the fuck he was doing there; but then he pieced it together. Closure. He had to want closure. That had to be it, right?

As the two figures walked around the house, Sam saw them clearer and started to get out of his car and walk up the street.

With each step he got closer to the house and wondered all of sudden what he was doing there and how pissed would Brett be that he was there.

“Amber?” he forced out of his throat. It’d been seven months since he laid eyes on the girl; but in an instant her head snapped up.

“Sammie?” she asked aloud.

He nodded and saw another shocking item; that the tall man that walked with her was not Colby.

“What’re you doing here?” Amber asked as she took the other man’s hand.

Sam’s thoughts left his brain as if they’d been flushed out. Seeing her with someone else and…was there something else different? He peered at her left hand and something sparkly caught his eye.

“I… just had to come by.” He pointed to her hand. “Is that a ring?” he asked quickly.

Amber nodded and grinned. “Sure is. Finally found someone to ask me to marry him. Not like that Swiss cheese boy I had before who turned out to be like you.” She spat.

The words struck Sam to the core and he saw true animosity in her eyes again. How they were friends all those years and she never let her true nature show… until it counted.

“You’re…engaged?” he had to let what she said about Colby go for the moment and focus on the obvious.

“Duh, dummy. Meet my fiancé, this is Gerry.”

Sam noted he didn’t move or offer his hand.

“Oh yeah, the friend. She’s doing much better in my care.”

Already, Sam hated Gerry. What an ass! What had Amber told him?

“You don’t know the whole story, Gerry. Your lady had a lot to do with how things are right now.”

“Pfft. Whatever, Sammie. You fairy boys dug your own graves. All that sick group orgy crap and that cheesy boy being bi too…ick.” She shook her head and turned away, rubbing her stomach. Which, to Sam, looked bigger.

All niceness and diplomacy left Sam’s brain and he just wanted to slap her down now.

“Gotten fat, Amber. Not skating anymore I take it?”

She shot him a look that would’ve killed a weaker man on the spot.

“Fuck you, Sam. You’re talking about my baby. Gerry and I are having a kid together.”

“What?!” a voice cried out from behind Sam. He whipped his head around and his mouth gaped open at Colby, who stood there, frozen.

“Colby?” Amber dug her nails into Gerry’s arm. “What the fuck do you want?”

Sam’s eyes were all on his friend right now as he watched him force his way up the driveway to face his ex-girlfriend.

“I wanted to find out why the fuck you had such a hold on my brain, Amber. I broke up with my man because I still had feelins’ for you; but damn, girl!” he looked her up and down. “You got a man and a bun in the oven? Plus a ring?”

Amber nodded a devilish grin which Sam thought was in very poor taste. She was rubbing it in, the bitch!

“Damn right I am, Cheese Boy. I’ve got a wonderful man who loves girls, and loves me. We made a baby together and we’re gonna get married next month.”

She stuck out her bulging stomach and held her left hand over it, making her huge ring glisten even more.

“You’d better just get outta here, both of you.” Gerry advised.

Sam glared at him. “Back off, buddy. We’ll leave when we want to. When there’s closure!” He was happy some bolt of courage shot through him at least.

Colby just looked like he’d been shot. He looked angry too, with his fists balled up and his head was down. The long wisps of blond hair covered his face, but Sam could tell by his posture how upset he was.

“Damn you.” Colby growled as he raised his head momentarily. “Fine. Enjoy your new life, Amber. I loved you first in my whole life and I ain’t gonna let you destroy my life for good.”

Sam was so proud of his friend and mentally patted his back.

“Amen to that one.” He gave the rally cry and walked over to his buddy.

Looking even more perturbed, Amber tossed her long hair over her shoulder and shook her head.

“Just get outta here, both of you. Colby, I hope I never see you again, nor you either, Sammie. You’re both reminders of how stupid I was to be friends with people like you.”

Gerry put his arm around her. “Let’s go home, babe.”

“Once they leave, we will. I don’t trust them for anything.”

Sam and Colby shared a look.

“Like we trust you either, you bitch!” Sam shot at her. “Good riddance to you, Amber. I hope our paths never cross again. You’d better move away to somewhere where the minds are as small as yours or you’ll never make it here.”

“What he said!” Colby seconded. “I don’t know what the fuck I was thinkin’…. You ain’t nothin’ girl. Nothin’. I’ve got someone ten times better than you and you ain’t gonna be in my head no more fuckin’ it up!”

He turned on his boot heel and stormed off back to his truck.

Sam watched him go and beamed with pride at his friend. Finally, he turned back around.

“Enjoy your little life, Amber and whatever hollow love you can teach your child.”

Before she could utter another word, he turned and strutted back to his car and took off for home again, feeling better than ever.

Copyright © 2014 stephanie l danielson; All Rights Reserved.
  • Like 7
  • Wow 1
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this author. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new stories they post.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

Now Sam and Colby have their closure with Amber and Colby can move on and go to see Jake :*) You have created a truly horrible character in Amber :o

Link to comment
On 03/03/2014 03:02 PM, Suvitar said:
Now Sam and Colby have their closure with Amber and Colby can move on and go to see Jake :*) You have created a truly horrible character in Amber :o
Closure is a good thing and wow did she evolve into something awful or what??? I never pictured that in the beginning either...
Link to comment

Is this the last off Amber or is there another twist . I think Amber and Colby are made for each other Jake deserves better than Colby . And are we going to get the first big bust up between Brett and Sam since the weeding

Link to comment
On 03/03/2014 06:51 PM, paul.b said:
Is this the last off Amber or is there another twist . I think Amber and Colby are made for each other Jake deserves better than Colby . And are we going to get the first big bust up between Brett and Sam since the weeding
This is the last of Amber for sure. Colby has had his eyes opened now for sure. He likes Jake a lot and now his heart is freed from the scourge that was Amber.

As for Brett/Sam...there will likely be a fight...but we'll see.

Link to comment
View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..