Jump to content
  • Join Gay Authors

    Join us for free and follow your favorite authors and stories.

    Superpride
  • Author
  • 2,728 Words
  • 863 Views
  • 22 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

Troublemaker - 20. Chapter Twenty

Barrett

 

Entering the small coffee shop, I looked around the comfy looking venue that gave off cottagecore vibes with its antique furniture and a corner with bookshelves and seats nearby for reading. A wave of a hand caught my attention, and I saw Cynthia at the front counter. I waved back and headed towards her.

“Hi, Barrett! Thanks for meeting me here,” Cynthia said as she handed a card to the cashier. “The coffee maker at the agency is broken, and I need my daily dose of caffeine.”

“I understand. I know people at my work who are almost comatose until they drink a cup of coffee,” I said.

“I can totally relate.”

A moment later, someone called out Cynthia’s name, and she thanked the barista before accepting her large iced coffee with a tower of whipped cream drizzled with what looked like a caramel sauce.

“You want to sit down, so we can discuss what I’ve found?” Cynthia asked before sipping her drink.

“Sure.”

We found a small table near the tall windows and sat down.

After taking a long sip of her coffee, Cynthia pulled out a laptop from her purse and the same coffee-stained notepad.

Opening the device, Cynthia said, “I’ve been searching all over social media as well as posting that poster you sent me anywhere I can.” Clicking her pen, she then said, “And I believe I found someone who could be your father.”

“My father?”

“Yes! I first searched ‘Barrett Jones’ on sites like Facebook and Twitter but with no luck. But then I tried nicknames such as Barry and Rhett, and I found a possible match.”

Cynthia turned her laptop around, almost spilling her iced coffee in the process, and showed me the screen. I leaned forward and saw the Facebook page of a Rhett Jones, the profile picture a bit blurry. I was able to decipher the image as a photo of a man with sunglasses who had the same brown hair and similar bone structure to mine.

“I inspected their profile info, such as his birthday and location, and it seems to match someone who could be your father.” Cynthia scribbled on her notepad. “There isn’t much info besides that, and that is the only photo posted on his page. He hasn’t been active on the site either it seems, the last post he made was last year.”

I scrolled down the page and saw random posts of articles and videos, none that seemed to give any more clues to the true identity of this man.

“With that said, I still sent a message with the poster attached. And this morning, it showed that the message had been read.”

“Oh. You think he’ll respond?”

“Hopefully. So, right now we have to play the waiting game.”

“I see,” I said, feeling somewhat hopeful that we’ll find a breakthrough.

“And there’s one more thing I want to show you.” Cynthia turned her notepad and pointed her finger at something she wrote in red ink.

“A phone number?”

“Yes. It belongs to someone who works at a grocery store that has the posters. One of the cashiers there said he recognizes the photo as possibly belonging to a frequent patron of the store. He then called my number on the poster and told me what he knew. You can call the number in red and talk with him yourself, and he’ll tell you everything he told me.”

“She could be my mother,” I deduced.

“Exactly. And if this woman is indeed her, then she and whoever else is related to you can’t be living too far away.”

“Man, this is big.”

“It is. Understand that this could lead to another dead end, but I am hopeful that this could be the breakthrough you’re looking for.”

“I’m hopeful too. Thank you, Cynthia. Without you, I wouldn’t have found these clues and be closer to finally finding my mother.”

“You’re very welcome. It was very wise of you to create those posters and post them at that grocery store.”

I chuckled. “It wasn’t my idea. It was my…friend Todd’s idea.”

I stopped myself from saying boyfriend, not because I was afraid to out myself to Cynthia who seemed like an open-minded person, but because I didn’t know what our status was in terms of our relationship. We really only went on one official date, though, we did hang out a lot along with having sex. I would definitely like to call Todd my boyfriend, but saying that would mean a big step in our relationship. We wouldn’t be merely dating, but have officiated a bond that made me anxious for some reason.

“Well, he’s a very good friend,” Cynthia said, taking me away from my thoughts. “It’s nice to know you have people who’re willing to help you, and I’m very happy that you’ll get to find your birth mother.”

“Thanks. You said you’ve never found your birth family, right?”

Cynthia nodded and took a long sip of her coffee. “I’ve mostly moved on from ever finding out who my mother and father are. It bothers me sometimes, wondering where they are and if they even want to know I still exist. But group therapy helps a lot.”

“Group therapy?” I asked.

“Yeah. It’s a bi-weekly meeting for people who were adopted or have gone through the foster-care system. We talk about the traumas we’ve developed during our childhoods due to being given up for adoption, abusive foster parents, feelings of being unwanted, all the bad stuff. It really helped me to be with other people who have gone through similar things.”

“I see…”

“You’re totally welcome to join one of the meetings that’s happening in a couple days. Aside from talking about our traumas, it’s a very chill group.”

“Thanks for the offer, but I’ll pass. I don’t see myself being part of that.”

“I had that mindset once too, you know. I didn’t like the idea of sitting down on a couch and spilling out all of my problems and being psychoanalyzed by a therapist. But group therapy is so much different, and I really believe it can unpack whatever trauma you’ve kept bottled up inside and that can be preventing you from overcoming certain issues you’re having.” Cynthia smiled. “But no pressure.”

I smiled. “I appreciate it.”

Cynthia and I continued to talk about her findings over coffee and donuts, and thirty minutes later I left the cafe feeling very assured that I would find my mother’s identity and location. I still struggled with thoughts of her not wanting to see me and possibly rejecting me as well. But I also told myself that at least I had a good life despite whatever her response would be.

I stopped at the gas station to fill up my tank, and while waiting in line to pay for

the gas, I noticed two posters that were placed at the front counter. I smiled to myself, knowing Todd went above and beyond to help me and I couldn’t be luckier to be dating him.

Five minutes later, I drove into my neighborhood and was surprised to see a

car, Todd’s car, parked on my driveway. Parking my vehicle on the left side, I lowered the right side window. Seeing that he was asleep, I beeped the car horn and Todd jumped in his seat.

Rubbing his eyes, he turned to me and then lowered his side window.

“Oh, hey, Barrett,” Todd said before yawning.

“Hey back. What are you doing here? Not that I mind of course.”

“I had a talk with Daddy and…it didn’t go too well,” Todd said, slumping in his

seat.

“Oh, shit. Sorry, babe.”

“It’s okay. I’m not surprised. Anthony did have my back though, which was a

nice change.” Sighing, Todd then said, “I thought about talking to either Dillon or Channing about this, but decided to come here instead… I hope that’s okay.”

“No! Of course it’s okay,” I said, feeling delighted that Todd chose me to

confide his feelings to. “Let’s go inside.”

Todd smiled and got out of his car. “Thanks! I'm great company, I promise.”

I chuckled and raised the side window before getting out and following Todd

to the front door. Unlocking it, I let him enter first before stepping inside and closing the door behind me.

“Would you like some coffee or water?” I asked.

“Water’s fine.”

“Cool. Just sit in the living room, while I fetch you a glass.”

In the kitchen, I poured a tall glass with cold water from a pitcher and made

my way to the living room where Todd was looking at some of the framed photos positioned on the fireplace mantle.

“Here’s your water,” I said, handing Todd his glass.

“Thank you.” Todd took a drink and then returned his eyes to the photos. “Was

this taken during your high-school graduation?”

“Yup. And this one was taken during my college graduation,” I said, pointing to

a photo of me wearing my graduation robes.

“And the woman standing next to you, with the bleach-blond hair. Is she your

foster mother?”

“You’re correct. The only person who can stand me for more than five minutes and

live to tell about it.”

Todd chuckled. “You couldn’t have been that bad.”

“Trust me, I was. And yet, Andrea stood by me regardless. And I love her for

that.” Looking at Todd, I then said, “But I don’t think you came all the way here to talk about me. So, tell me what happened with your dad.”

Todd grumbled and plopped himself on the couch before telling me what

happened only a couple hours ago. As he talked, I felt my hands tighten into fists as I listened to the hurtful, bigoted things his father said to him. I knew before that Mr. Miller was old-fashioned and some would say “from a different generation,” but the way Todd’s eyes watered from his retelling of the event made me both sad and angry for him.

“So, after saying bye to Anthony, I drove here and… Hey, you okay, Barrett?”

Todd asked.

I looked down and saw that my knuckles were white and loosened my grip,

leaving indents in my palms from my fingernails.

I sighed and said, “Sorry. Just hearing the things your dad said to you…made me upset.”

“That’s an understatement. You looked ready to kill somebody…that was

kinda hot.”

I chuckled. “Really? Well, punching people who got me angry is in the

past now. Is there any way I can help you feel better, though?”

“A BJ might help,” Todd said jokingly.

I felt my dick perk up in my pants. “I’m up for that.”

Todd’s eyes widened. “Oh, I was only joking. You don’t have to blow me.”

“Why not? You blew me plenty of times, and you seemed to enjoy it. Unless

you don’t want my lips wrapped around your cock.”

“I do!” Todd said quickly. Clearing his throat, he then said, “Only if you’re

ready.”

Licking my lips, I scooted closer to him and placed an arm around his

shoulders. “Hell yeah, I’m ready.”

Biting his bottom lip, Todd leaned forward and locked his lips with mine. It wasn't long before he slipped his tongue in my mouth and enjoyed the wet hotness that was us making out. I moaned from Todd’s hand palming my dick through the fabric of my jeans, and I returned the favor. I could feel a wet spot on his shorts from his precum and with his cock pulsing underneath my hand let me know that he was enjoying this just as much as I was.

I then made my move.

Placing a few kisses on Todd’s jaw and neck, I lowered myself from the couch

and onto my knees. I then placed my hands on his knees and spread his legs apart. I nuzzled my nose on his crotch and took a deep inhale, lusting after the scent of his manhood that made my mouth water with anticipation.

I unbuttoned and slowly pulled it down the zipper, Todd’s mound emerging from

below like the glorious sun from the horizon. Tugging his pants down, I again sniffed his scent through his boxers. Never would I have thought that giving another man head would excite me so much, and yet here I was about to give my first blowjob to Todd Miller.

Then in a second, I pulled down Todd’s boxers, and his dick was revealed and

damn was it beautiful. Licking my lips again, I grabbed his length by the base, causing him to whimper in response. I squeezed it gently, precum coming out of his slit.

“You ready?” Todd asked breathlessly.

I nodded and kissed his thighs a couple times before enveloping my lips

around his crown. Todd jerked and grabbed my hair, the slight pain urging me to continue. Taking a deep breath through my nose, I lowered myself, appreciating the salty, musky taste of Todd’s essence as my tongue made circles around the head and along the slit. Todd’s moans and the tugging of my hair prompted me to continue since it was definitely working.

“Wow, Barrett. Are you sure this is your first blowjob?” Todd said before

gasping.

I just chuckled with his cock still in my mouth and sucked him down a little

more while also stroking the base. I then dared myself to go further down and—

“Shit, Barrett! I’m…I’m—“

Todd bucked his hips and hot spurts of cum shot into my mouth. I gagged from it hitting the back of my throat, but ventured through with sucking him off until he was drained.

“Wow. Just wow.” Todd said, his fingers combing through my hair.

Clearing my throat, I said, “Was that good?”

Todd chuckled. “Good? That was perfect!”

“Really?” I said skeptically.

Nodding, Todd lowered himself from the couch and sat across from me on the floor. He then kissed me on the lips, and we enjoyed the taste of his load in our mouths.

“It was sloppy, but for your first try, it felt amazing, especially coming from you, Barrett Jones.”

“Have you dreamt about me giving you head when you were crushing on me?” I asked with a cocky smile.

Todd grinned. “Totally.” He then scooted closer and palmed my dick that was still in jeans but hard as a rock. “Now it’s your turn.”

 

“So… Do you feel better now?” I asked.

After Todd blew my whole world away with his mouth and tongue, we moved to my bedroom and took off all our clothes before collapsing onto the bed and just enjoying each other’s presence. Todd was resting his head on my chest, while I lazily twirled his hair with my fingers.

“Yup. Us blowing each other was the perfect remedy,” Todd said, snuggling against me.

“Hey…if you don’t mind, do you want to come with me to visit Andrea soon.”

“Oh, of course I don’t mind. I feel honored actually, like you’re taking me to finally see your parents… Oh, shit. Sorry.”

I just chuckled and said, “It’s okay. She’s the closest I have to a parent, and I’m sure she’ll love you.”

“Does…Does she know about you being…?”

I sighed. “Not yet. But I do plan on coming out to her when we visit her together… If that’s okay with you.” Pressing my face in his soft hair, I said, “I don’t want you to be a dirty little secret. I want to be out and proud with you by my side.”

Todd moved so he was facing and smiled. “I’d love nothing more than to be out proud with you too.”

Todd then sighed.

“What’s up?”

“Just thinking. I always wonder if my dad actually cared about my mom. I mean, he had to. But looking back, I never saw him actually cry after Mom’s death.”

“Really? Not even at the funeral?”

“He was definitely sad, but… I don’t know. Makes me also wonder if he would ever cry if something happened to me…or Anthony… Sorry for unloading that on you.”

“Don’t be, Todd. Whatever happens with you and your father, I’ll be by your side.”

Todd snuggled closer to me and said, “Thank you, Barrett.”

I leaned down and kissed Todd on the cheek and knew that everything was going to be alright.

Copyright © 2024 Superpride; All Rights Reserved.
  • Like 14
  • Love 26
  • Fingers Crossed 1
Thank you for reading! All feedback is greatly appreciated. Any discussion is also welcomed!
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this author. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new stories they post.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

11 hours ago, drpaladin said:

I think what we're seeing from Mr . Miller is how he learned to be 'a man' from his own parents. The more we learn I can see him as a victim himself of his own upbringing. We haven't heard of any grandparents on either side of Todd's family. Are they all dead?

( @Superpride it's okay to speak, we don't bite. Well... mostly.)  

Does nibbling count as biting? 

  • Love 1
  • Haha 4
Link to comment

In between the Cynthia  plotline  and Mr Miller's weird line that Todd's Mom had "misplaced her heart," I wonder if  we're headed towards some sort of reveal that someone has a bio-parent who isn't named on their birth certificate.  Or not.  I can't tell.

 

  But "she misplaced her heart" was a really weird thing to say to his sons while they were talking about how much they loved their mother.  

  • Like 3
  • Wow 2
Link to comment
18 hours ago, Tris said:

Actually, I hadn't forgotten, but decided that Barrett was star of the show in this chapter.  Speaking of the star, Bjorn looked particularly fetching on this video.  WOOF!  This, by the way @Summerabbacat - is another part of my musical education:  never heard this one.  Sounds more naughty than what I might have expected from the likes of ABBA 🙂

I seem to recall their was "talk" at the time that this song was a little risqué by ABBA's standards.

  • Like 3
  • Wow 1
Link to comment
5 hours ago, Mattyboy said:

In between the Cynthia  plotline  and Mr Miller's weird line that Todd's Mom had "misplaced her heart," I wonder if  we're headed towards some sort of reveal that someone has a bio-parent who isn't named on their birth certificate.  Or not.  I can't tell.

OMG @Mattyboy "misplaced her heart" as a euphemism for Todd's mother had an affair and he resulted from that affair. You could well be onto something with this train of thought.

  • Wow 4
Link to comment
  • Site Moderator
7 hours ago, Mattyboy said:

In between the Cynthia  plotline  and Mr Miller's weird line that Todd's Mom had "misplaced her heart," I wonder if  we're headed towards some sort of reveal that someone has a bio-parent who isn't named on their birth certificate.  Or not.  I can't tell.

 

  But "she misplaced her heart" was a really weird thing to say to his sons while they were talking about how much they loved their mother.  

It might be weird, but Miller is a weird guy.

If Todd isn't his child, he's doing a good job of hiding it. He's given both sons equal opportunities. He wants a relationship with Todd and the bits about the job and 'finding a girl' are just his clueless way of worrying about Todd's future rather than the put downs they seem to be. For all the hate directed at him here, he's not really so bad.

  • Like 1
  • Love 1
  • Fingers Crossed 2
Link to comment
2 hours ago, drpaladin said:

It might be weird, but Miller is a weird guy.

If Todd isn't his child, he's doing a good job of hiding it. He's given both sons equal opportunities. He wants a relationship with Todd and the bits about the job and 'finding a girl' are just his clueless way of worrying about Todd's future rather than the put downs they seem to be. For all the hate directed at him here, he's not really so bad.

Yeah,  that's why I don't really know.   Clueless old-fashioned and following learned scripts explains him  pretty well too.  

  • Love 4
  • Haha 1
Link to comment
View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now


  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..