Jump to content
    Tiff
  • Author
  • 7,276 Words
  • 3,224 Views
  • 0 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

Jumping Over My Mountain - 28. Chapter 28

Jumping Over My Mountain
by Tiffani Chin

Chapter 28

---------------------------------------------

**********CREW***********

“Crew, are you an only child?” Kenny asked curiously as he furiously worked the controller.

I paused slightly in my own manipulations and wondered how I should answer that question. Technically I was an only child now, or more like an orphan; but I didn’t want to say I was an only child because it would be like Lucas never existed--and Lucas had been a huge part of my life.

“No,” I answered.

Kenny grinned. “I knew it! You’re way too good at video games. That means you always had an opponent.”

I laughed. “My older brother and I never played hard core video games together. We did once in awhile, but mainly we were into sports.”

“Then how did you get so good?” Kenny whined.

I mussed his hair. “My friends are into video games. Back when we were just starting college, I used to spend a lot of time at their houses playing video games. That, and of course I’m just naturally talented,” I boasted with a grin.

He stuck his tongue out. “Whatever.”

Kenny dropped the controller and leaned back on his hands. “I always wanted a brother. Older or younger,” he said.

“Really?”

“Yeah, it gets so lonely sometimes. I don’t have a lot of friends. I’m home all the time, you know. Sometimes when you get into fights with your parents, it’s nice to have someone on your side. You know, like ‘parents vs. kids’.”

I nodded. “Yeah, I know. I had some of those moments when I was younger.”

“Was he a cool brother? I heard some stories where older brothers were total asses,” Kenny said.

I smiled. “He was the best. Never mean or anything.”

“Where is he now? Like, what does he do for a living and stuff?” Kenny asked.

I was surprised Tom didn’t tell his family about me; but then again, there was such a thing as patient-doctor confidentiality. This was the first time I had really talked about my family, besides just telling people what happened to them. This was talking about them in memory and it was something new for me. It almost felt good to talk about them, instead of keeping them some big secret.

“Well…” I began and Kenny turned to look at me. “My family died awhile back.”

Kenny became silent. “Oh, I’m sorry.”

I smiled faintly. “It’s ok, Kenny. It’s not like you knew.”

“Do you…not want to talk about it?” Kenny asked hesitantly.

“Normally I don’t like to talk about them, but ever since I started talking with your Dad, I don’t mind so much,” I said honestly. I looked at him. “And I don’t mind talking to you either.”

Kenny smiled. “Cool! I feel so special.”

I laughed and pulled him close, hugging him. “You are special, Kenny.” I kissed the top of his head affectionately.

Lately I had been spending more time with Kenny. For the past three weeks, on some days Storm would drop me off at Tom’s house so I could spend time with Kenny, and other times I’d go to my sessions with Tom and then come back for dinner. I felt like I fit into their family and I enjoyed all my time with them. Especially Kenny--it was like having a younger brother, something I had never experienced before. It was nice to sort of have a brother again, even though no one could ever replace Lucas.

“You’re special too, Crew,” Kenny said hugging me back. “You’re the brother I never had. You keep me company. And you’re, like, really cool.”

I laughed, feeling flattered. “How am I ‘really cool’?”

Kenny sat up and faced me, sitting cross-legged. He ran his fingers through the white plush carpeting and shrugged. “Well, you’re nice; you’re funny; you’re into sports. You’re good-looking. I can just tell you’re one of those guys that had it all in high school, right?” he asked, looking at me for confirmation. “Like, good grades, cool friends, probably popular, into sports. It’s cool to know someone like you. I’m kind of a loner. A homebody. I like laid-back, under-the-radar things.”

“There’s nothing wrong with that,” I said looking at the gangly sixteen-year-old. “I’m not Mr. Wild either. I only hang out with a small group of friends and we‘ve known each other for years.”

“Yeah, now,” Kenny stressed. “What were you like in high school?” he asked with interest.

I smiled, gazing into his curious, cute face. I paused, thinking back on it.

“Let me think,” I began. “Until my family passed during my senior year…” I stopped, amazed at how easy it was for me to say that in front of Kenny. I had never felt that way before. Normally, I avoided talking about my family at all costs. I had matured. Talk about growth.

I continued, “I guess I was kind of that social guy,” I said honestly. “I mean, I spent most of my time with my best friend, Zeke, or the guys on the soccer team. You know, soccer was my life; I started playing soccer when I was a toddler. My brother was already playing on competitive teams. I grew up with that athletic crowd, I guess.”

“Jocks are always popular,” Kenny said snorting in annoyance. I smiled.

“Yeah, I don’t know why that is,” I said in a thoughtful tone. “Anyhow,” I said, shaking my head. “Since I hung out with that crowd--guys and girls who played sports, I guess you could say I was in the popular realm of things. Like, I got invited to all the parties and stuff. It wasn’t that big of a deal, though,” I said shrugging. “High school parties or parties in general are overrated. Plus, no one has that many friends. Most people have only a small circle that is really important. Only those people should matter, you know?”

Kenny nodded. “That’s true,” he said, “But you don’t think like that in high school. Everything is a popularity contest. Parties didn’t matter to you since you were invited to all of them. Sometimes I feel like a big loser. I get really good grades, but I don’t play sports. I’m kinda clumsy. I never had a girlfriend,” he admitted.

“What?” I exclaimed. “No way. You’re such a cute kid!” I cooed. He rolled his eyes, then smiled.

“I’m really shy,” he explained. “It’s hard for me to approach girls.”

“I hear that,” I said. “With someone I’m attracted to, I’m also shy. It’s natural. I think most people are.”

“How do I get over that?” he asked.

“I think you have to pretend that you’re ‘just friends’, because you’re not nervous around friends, right?”

Kenny nodded.

“So talk to a girl about anything, but mentally remind yourself that you’re ‘just friends’. Imagine you’re talking to me or something,” I suggested.

“Maybe,” he mulled.

“That whole sports thing can be fixed,” I said. “When I get better, I’ll teach you to play soccer and snowboard. Those are my specialties,” I boasted.

“Isn’t snowboarding hard?” Kenny asked hesitantly.

“Ah, you’re young. If anything happens, you’ll heal fast,” I said dismissively. His eyes widened. “Kidding! Come on, it will be fun. I’m a good teacher. Ask anyone,” I said charmingly.

“Ok, fine,” he said slowly. I grinned and clapped my hands in delight. Kenny laughed and shook his head at me. “You act like you’re my age,” Kenny sighed mockingly. “It’s a shame that some people don’t grow up.”

I mussed his hair and dodged the pillow he chucked at me.

“Could I bring my best friend along?” he asked. “Or maybe we can all play video games together or something?” he had a hopeful look in his eyes.

I smiled. “Sure. Any friend of yours is a friend of mine.”

“Likewise.”

***********

“You know, Kenny has really taken a liking to you,” Tom said.

“He’s great. So much fun to hang out with.”

“He always tells me how he wishes you were his brother,” Tom went on.

“I feel the same. Sibling wise, I kind of feel like an only child, although I’m technically not, or was not,” I said feeling slightly confused.

“He’s been talking about going snowboarding,” Tom said.

“Yeah, I suggested that because he said he wanted to do more sports,” I explained.

“That’s a good idea. Get him out of the house a bit and socialize more.”

I grinned. “It would be great. My group of friends, we all love snowboarding. A large majority of us are instructors, so Kenny will be in good hands.”

“Oh, I know he would,” Tom agreed. He laughed. “Okay, let’s start our session already! We can talk some other time, like, whenever you’re at my house.”

I laughed also. “Ok, ok.”

“Honestly, I think you’ve improved. I don’t feel the need to grill you about stuff. Anything in particular you feel like talking about?”

I shrugged. “I don’t know. I’ve been feeling pretty good these days.”

“I can tell. I like to think I had something to do with that. Me and my awesome family,” he added winking.

“You have. All three of you. It’s like having a family again. A brother, a mother, a father,” I said sneaking a look at him.

Tom looked pleased. “I always wanted more children, but Donna said she didn’t want to get fat again,” he sighed dramatically.

I giggled.

“I think you’ve come a long way. I still remember your emphatic ‘I’m not crazy’ speech when I first met you,” Tom said.

I looked down flushing. “Uh yeah, I was pretty bad.”

“Ah, you had reason to be. You were dealt with some shitty cards and had some trouble bouncing back. But bottom line, you did,” he pointed out.

“That’s true.”

“So now you believe you don’t have to be crazy to see me, right?” he asked teasingly.

“Yeah,” I groaned in defeat. He laughed heartily.

“Alright, let’s talk about something. How’s physical therapy going?” Tom asked with a smile. “You’re walking even better and faster these days.”

I shrugged. “It’s going well. I’m still on crutches, but I don’t get tired as easily. I suppose that’s an improvement.”

“It is,” Tom agreed. “You’ll get there,” he assured.

“But that’s just walking. Imagine how hard it will be to play soccer or snowboard or stuff,” I said growing frustrated once again.

“One day at a time,” Tom advised.

“So I’ve been told,” I said.

“Well, I think you’re doing better. I don’t have to force words out of your mouth. Honestly, I’m relieved. Makes my job a lot easier. I prefer getting paid to do nothing, you know,” he grinned.

“You’re horrible!”

“Thanks!” Tom beamed.

I burst out laughing.

************HIRO************

“Are you sure you’ve never played this game before?” Jarett asked skeptically as I shot my last zombie.

“Trust me, I never play zombie video games,” I said sticking my controller in the handle. I couldn’t believe I was spending a Saturday afternoon at an arcade; but when Jarett asked me, I had trouble saying no. Once he shot me those pleading blue eyes, I instantly caved.

“Then how are you so good?” Jarett asked incredulously. “I died like ten minutes ago and you’re still killing zombies by the dozens.”

“Good hand-eye coordination,” I shrugged.

Jarett smiled. “Hiro, you’re so talented and good at everything,” he said walking closer to me, eyeing me mischievously. He ran a finger down my chest, slowly and teasingly. “What else are you good at?” he asked fluttering his lashes.

I took his hand and moved it off my chest.

“Hiro!”

I jumped away from Jarett and turned around. I saw Storm standing across the mall with a couple bags in his hand and Sean propped up in one arm.

“Storm!” I exclaimed, immediately dropping Jarett’s hand and flushing slightly, feeling as if I had been caught doing something wrong. Judging by the way Storm was looking at me accusingly and eyeing Jarett suspiciously, I had strayed; my guilt mounted.

“Hey guys,” he said walking toward us.

“Hey, what’s up?” I asked, keeping space between Jarett and me.

“Just doing some shopping. Had to get out of the house, get some air,” Storm answered, hoisting Sean a little further in his arms. The child was resting his head on Storm’s shoulder and appeared to be on the verge of napping.

“We’re going to head home soon,” he answered, glancing at Sean. He kissed his head and turned back to me.

“How’s Crew doing?” I asked instantly.

Storm smiled. “Pretty good actually. More and more like his normal self every day. Physical therapy is progressing too.”

“Really?” I asked.

Storm nodded. “You could come by and see for yourself,” he said quietly.

I hesitated. “I guess I’m afraid of how Crew will react. The last time I saw him, he blew up and dumped me.”

“I thought you guys were still together?” Jarett asked curiously, but Storm and I continued talking.

“He was just lashing out,” Storm argued. “He’s better now, really. You guys can probably have a normal conversation,” he mildly joked.

“Maybe I should approach him in a large crowd,” I suggested.

“I never knew you to be chicken-shit, Hiro. You’re the guy who beat up that group of guys at Dorney Park… and you’re afraid to talk to Crew? Who’s on crutches by the way,” Storm added.

“Crutches are a weapon,” I pointed out.

Storm laughed loudly. “Well, I’m tired of keeping tabs on Crew and then telling you in secret. You should just come by.”

“Ok,” I answered.

“Then tonight for dinner?” Storm pressed.

I bit my lip. “A little later?” I asked, figuring I’d have to face Crew sooner or later. My stomach filled with butterflies. I was afraid to see Crew. I didn’t know if I could handle another rejection. Once was enough. If I had to deal with rejection a second time, I might die from a broken heart--as cliché as that sounded. I was never the mopey type, but lately that’s what I had been doing. My grandmother noticed it, Patty noticed it, and I’m sure everyone else did too.

“Fine Hiro, but just come,” Storm said sternly, glancing at Jarett pointedly.

I understood his meaning loud and clear. He obviously detected some chemistry between Jarett and me. Jarett made it obvious. No doubt Storm noticed the resemblance between Jarett and Crew. I guess he was just looking out for both Crew and me.

“I will,” I promised.

Storm nodded again and was about to say more, but felt Sean stirring. The baby murmured and hit Storm’s chest with his little hand.

“I have to get home now. I think he’s getting hungry,” Storm said. He waved before making a hasty exit.

Jarett tugged on my arm. “What’s the real deal with you and your boyfriend? Did he dump you or not?”

“It’s complicated,” I said, sighing again.

“That’s, like, your favorite phrase,” Jarett said in exasperation. “Either you’re over or you’re not.”

I glared at him and he took a step back. He held up his hands in surrender. “Ok, my bad. I know you’re sensitive on the subject. I was just curious. It’s not like you and your friend ignored me or anything like that.”

“Sorry,” I said apologetically. “Storm probably thought something was going on between us, especially with the way we were touching,” I said looking at him hard.

Jarett shrugged. “I like to flirt. I can’t help it. Life’s too short to not hit on every hot man I see. I have to sow my wild oats,” he winked. “You know, if you don’t use it, you lose it.”

“You’re eighteen, a baby. Slow it down a bit, yeah?” I suggested.

“I’m not a baby. I’m an adult,” Jarett said icily. “I know what I’m doing.”

“I’m just saying there’s no rush to have sex with anything that moves.” He shot me a dirty look. “There’s nothing wrong with waiting for someone special. Someone that actually cares about you and that you care about.”

“This is the 21st century, Hiro,” Jarett said rolling his eyes. “If you’re talking about love, well that shit doesn’t exist. You just have to enjoy whatever you can.”

“You don’t really think that, do you?” I asked.

“Of course,” Jarett said. “Even if you’re in love, something or someone screws you over and then it ends. So why fall in love in the first place? You should just enjoy life and its pleasures. I’m one hundred percent hedonist,” he stated proudly.

“Fine,” I sighed. “Whatever works for you. Just be careful Jarett.”

“Don’t give me the condom speech please. You’re not that much older than me, Hiro.”

I smiled. “Ok, fine.”

“So do I really look like your boyfriend?” he asked.

I nodded.

“That means you must think I’m really hot, right?” he asked grinning.

I shook my head and looked away. “Friends, Jarett. Just friends.”

He folded his arms and pouted mockingly. “Fine.”

Jarett looked at me sideways, “So your friend was pretty hot, but I’m assuming he’s straight because of the kid? Or was he just babysitting a nephew?”

“Jarett, you obviously didn’t hear a word I said, did you?”

“Of course I did, but your friend was good looking!” Jarett said defensively.

“He’s not available,” I said firmly.

Jarett rolled his eyes and glanced at his watch. “Hey, will you give me a ride home? I have to be home for dinner,” Jarett complained stamping his foot.

I smiled and ruffled his hair. “Ok, kiddo.”

That earned me another dirty look.

************

I stuffed my hands into my jean pockets in an attempt to calm my nerves.

Storm answered the door and smiled. “Come in.”

I looked around and saw that the kitchen and living room were empty.

He smiled at me as if he could read my mind. “Mom is in the city for the week. Crew is in the guest bedroom, right through there,” he said pointing to the back of the house.

I nodded and breathed out.

“Go; it will be fine. Trust me,” Storm said giving me a gentle push.

My heart pounding, I slowly walked to Crew’s room. I knocked lightly on the slightly ajar door. There was no answer, so I edged my way in.

I saw Crew lying on his bed, with his eyes closed. His crutches were propped against the dresser. His facial expression looked calm and relaxed, even happy. It was the total opposite of how I had seen him the last time.

Slowly and silently, I made my way over to him. I watched the rise and fall of his chest. He appeared to be napping. Remembering that he always got tired after eating, I smiled. I edged closer to the bed and noticed that he had grown out his hair. He no longer had the buzz cut that I sported; it was now long enough to grasp with my fingers. I grazed his soft dirty blond locks. As I shifted his hair, I spotted the long scar on his head; my stomach clenched at the significance.

Crew looked so beautiful. Although I didn’t want to wake him, I had a sudden urge to touch him and be close to him.

I lay down on the bed beside him, my body slightly overlapping his. He stirred, but remained sleeping. With my fingers, I traced over his lips and caressed his cheeks. My hands wandered down his chest to his stomach, rubbing gently.

Crew moaned and shifted under me, angling his body toward me. With his face centimeters from mine, my eyes drifted to his full lips, pouting in his unconscious state. I gently rubbed my nose against his. I knew Crew was slowly awakening when I felt his long eyelashes fluttering against my face.

I pulled back and looked into his eyes, the bright blue color both startling and jarring, partly because I was so close and partly because I hadn’t seen them in so long. Surprise, then recognition, filled his blue orbs and they widened in shock.

“Hiro?” he whispered in a questioning tone. The sight of his beautiful eyes and the sound of his voice ignited a burning desire within me.

I surged forward and claimed his lips. A small squeak escaped from Crew. I cupped his cheek and deepened the kiss. My tongue easily entered his mouth and I instantly searched for his. Once I found it, I passionately kissed him, hungrily, and eagerly, making up for lost time.

Crew’s hand landed on my chest. For a second I thought he was going to push me away and I tensed; but he ended up fisting the front of my shirt and pulling me closer.

My mouth opened wider in an effort to kiss more of Crew. I felt him breathing through his nostrils. My hand that had been cupping his face slid down his chest and stomach, moving beneath his shirt. His skin felt warm and smooth as I gently caressed up and down. Crew moaned softly into my mouth and I felt his hardness poking me.

He pushed me away and was panting heavily, his cheeks looking more flushed than usual. His eyes were clouded over. I had trouble tearing myself away from his lips. I missed those lips.

Taking a deep breath, I planted my lips on top of his once again, sucking and nibbling. I felt his tongue exploring my mouth and I shifted so I was on top of him. Crew parted his legs and gingerly wrapped his legs around my waist as we continued to kiss. I supported my weight with my arms, not wanting to put too much pressure on him. His own arms snaked around my neck as he furiously kissed me back.

For an instant I thought of my physical attraction to Jarett due to his resemblance to Crew; but as I continued kissing Crew, I knew no one could ever replace him.

I pulled off to take a breath, and then kissed his neck, brushing my lips behind his ear. He arched his back and groaned.

“I was afraid you were going to tell me to leave,” I murmured into his ear.

Crew gently placed his palm on my chest and nudged me. “Really?” he asked breathlessly, his eyes dazed and lips swollen.

I nodded, pecking his nose.

“I’m sorry,” he whispered looking into my eyes, “For everything. I have so much to explain. I don’t even know where to begin.” He looked like he wanted to say more, but I didn’t want to hear it right now.

“I love you, Crew,” I interrupted. “Do you still love me?”

His eyes widened. “Of course!” he practically shouted. “I didn’t…I mean, I never stopped... I just needed a break, or, well, I thought I did…” he trailed off, looking lost.

Repeatedly, I placed soft kisses on his lips, unable to get enough of him. He sighed and arched his hips against my stomach.

Hesitantly, I asked, “Can you…?”

Crew smiled slowly. “Hiro, my dick functions normally. It’s my knees that are the problem,” he teased. “Besides, they’re not even really a problem. If I’m lying down on my back, there’s no pressure being put on them; so basically, I can do anything.”

“As long as you’re on your back?” I asked. Crew grinned, getting my meaning. “Well, that means we can have a lot of fun,” I mused. “You know, when you’re on your back, knees spread,” I added, eyeing his current position.

Crew blushed, “Hiro,” he whined softly.

I smiled and kissed him again, this time more gently, taking my time. My hands roamed his chest and I pulled his shirt up; he lifted up his arms. Once his shirt was off, I reached behind my neck and slid off my own. His hands touched my abdomen and chest before moving around towards my lower back, pulling me closer.

I kissed his chest, pausing at his nipples. I gently pulled on them with my lips and felt them harden. Crew groaned loudly and arched again. I continued down his light treasure trail and then unbuttoned his jeans. Crew lifted his hips. I tightly grasped his jeans and boxers before tugging them down carefully, taking precautions with his knees.

My hands caressed his calves, and I softly kissed his knees. He sighed and I moved up to his thighs, parting his legs once more. His engorged cock was pointing right at me. I wrapped my hand around him and he gasped loudly. He whimpered as I stroked slowly.

Suddenly Crew sat up and reached for my jeans, swiftly working the button and zipper. To help him, I got on my knees, quickly pushing my boxers and jeans down at the same time. I then fell on my butt, kicking my feet to get rid of my clothing. Crew motioned for me to come back to him and I leaned forward between his legs, resuming our kiss.

Crew’s hand maneuvered between our bodies and he rubbed my cock, paying attention to the head. I let out a guttural groan, my need for Crew becoming unbearable.

“I need you so badly, Crew,” I murmured.

“Mmm,” he replied, his arm stretching over to his nightstand. Knowing what he was aiming for, I pulled the drawer open. Together we found a condom and lube.

Crew was breathing hard and panting. I quickly sheathed myself and he hurriedly lubed me. I hissed as the sensations coursed through my body.

I eased a slick finger into his hole. Crew grunted and shut his eyes, but nodded for me to keep going. I thrust my finger in and out, curling and pulling. I added a second finger scissoring his ring. Crew sighed and rocked on my two fingers as I felt around, searching for his prostate.

I knew instantly when I found it because his body shook and his muscles tightened around me.

“Soon, baby,” I said as I pressed a third finger into him, massaging the knot deep within, teasing his insides.

Crew expressed his impatience by grabbing my hips and yanking me forward. I got the message. I lined my cock to his hole and watched as Crew took a breath. I pushed in slowly, gasping at the warmth. He was so tight. The pressure on my cock felt overwhelming. I had to pause to ensure I wouldn’t cum too soon. At the same time, I was letting Crew adjust.

I started pushing in further once I felt him begin to loosen up and then continued steadily inward. Once my balls hit his ass, I stopped moving. I caught my breath, fighting the urge to cum. It had seriously been too long since I had sex. I wouldn’t last long. I was sure that Crew and I would be doing it numerous times over the course of the night.

“Ready,” Crew whispered, rubbing my chest. I started pulling out and thrusting back in. I started with slow, long strokes, making sure to go deep and hit his prostate. Crew gripped the blankets and let out soft sighs and moans as his head pushed backwards into the pillow. I could see the muscles straining in his neck; his eyes were shut and he was biting on his bottom lip.

I began increasing my pace, using short and fast thrusts. His sighs and moans became louder.

“Fuck, Hiro,” he whispered. “I love you.”

His eyes fluttered open and we stared at each other. I continued sliding in and out of him. His eyes started rolling back as I pounded into him.

“I love you, too,” I whispered back. I pushed into him hard and his entire body froze. A choke escaped his throat; his stomach muscles rippled; he arched backwards while pumping his hips. I felt the clamping down of his ass muscles on my cock. I saw and felt ropes of his hot cum shoot out and hit my chest, neck, and chin; some of it even landed on his own chest.

Not able to hold out any longer, I fell over Crew, bracing myself on my elbows. I held still and shot into him, groaning as I rode out the pleasure. I shut my eyes, dipping my head forward, and crying out softly under my breath.

When I came down from my high, I was panting and trying to catch my breath. I rested on top of Crew, his cum spreading between us, mixing with our sweat. His hands came around my back and he hugged me.

I kissed his chin and looked down into his face. It was then I noticed he was crying.

“What’s wrong?” I asked with concern.

He met my eyes and sniffled. “I really do love you Hiro.”

I caressed his cheek, wiping his tears away, “I know baby, I know,” I said softly.

“I’m really sorry for everything I put you through,” he said, with regret in his voice. “I was a real shit. You didn’t deserve any of it.”

“Shh, don’t cry,” I murmured kissing his lips. “It’s ok. I love you so much.”

“I love you, too,” Crew said, looking troubled. “But I didn’t act like it, or show it. That makes me a bad boyfriend, right?”

“Oh baby, that’s all in the past,” I said kissing his nose and under his eyes, tasting his tears. “I’m just glad we’re together now.”

Crew nodded, still looking sad.

“Hey,” I said nudging his chin with my nose. He looked up at me. “Like you said, we should talk. So let’s go do that.”

“Ok,” he said.

I slowly peeled myself off of Crew, feeling the remnants of his sticky cum. I got off the bed and stood up.

“Where are you going?” Crew asked with confusion.

I smiled and leaned over him, scooping him up. His arms came around my neck reflexively and he looked at me curiously.

“We’re going to take a bath,” I said kissing his nose before heading to the bathroom in his room.

*************CREW***********

I sloshed the hot water over my body and sighed as the heat massaged my muscles. Hiro and I had added bubbles when we drew the bath, so I was gathering them in my arms.

I placed them around myself, all the way up to my neck, even covering my nether region. I grinned at Hiro playfully. “Don’t look at my private parts.”

Hiro laughed. “I promise not to look. I’ll be a gentleman.”

I eyed him. “You weren’t a gentleman before,” I said teasingly.

Hiro shrugged casually. “I guess it comes and goes!”

“Horny perv,” I said splashing water at him.

Hiro eased himself closer. “You didn’t seem to mind. Anyhow, for you, I’m always a horny perv.”

I smiled and looked down into my pile of bubbles. “Yeah, I know,” I said blushing.

He lips curved slightly and he gazed at me in a way that I could only describe as lovingly.

“Want to know something?” I asked.

He nodded.

“I miss this,” I admitted.

“What?” Hiro asked. “Taking a bubble bath together? I don’t think we’ve ever done that before,” he said in a thoughtful tone. “I wonder why?” He smiled at me. “We should do it more often. It’s fun,” he added as he chucked some bubbles at me.

I shook my head and laughed quietly. “No. Talking to you. Like this.”

Hiro cocked his head.

“Like, without tension and silence and me being angry and you just putting up with it,” I rambled.

He leaned forward and kissed me, tugging lightly on my lower lip. I grabbed his head, kissing him again before he could pull away. I tugged gently on his ear.

“So let me ask you,” Hiro started. “Were you mad at me?”

I looked down and collected my thoughts so I could explain myself clearly.

“I was mad,” I said meeting his eyes. “Not at you,” I added quickly, “but I was angry. After the accident, all my anger from everything -- the accident, my family, life in general--it consumed me,” I said gesturing with my hands. “So my anger came out at you, because you were the other person sort of involved with the whole thing. I associated the whole accident with you. I really didn’t blame you, because, well, you’d never hurt me.”

“I’d do anything to protect you,” Hiro said.

“I know. I knew that deep down. Oh!” I said as a thought occurred to me. “What made me even angrier was how I was acting towards you and everyone else. It was this horrible, vicious cycle that I couldn’t seem to escape: the anger, the self-loathing, and the guilt. I couldn’t find my way out. I was confused over how I was feeling. Since I’ve been talking with Dr. Maini, I’ve managed to sort out my feelings and get down to the root of it all. Which was basically me. My head was the problem, nothing else.”

I took a deep breath and looked Hiro in the eye. “Slowly, but surely, I’m getting better. I feel better, like mentally. I’ve accepted my situation. I am working towards getting better, instead of being bitter. I’m not fighting anymore with Storm,” I said with a small smile, “Or randomly throwing glass cups around.”

Hiro raised his eyebrow at that last part.

“Sometimes I feel sorry for myself on the days when physical therapy becomes too much. Once in awhile the self-pity knocks me down a couple notches.”

He reached for me and I rotated so that my back leaned into his chest. He engulfed me, wrapping his arms tightly around my shoulders. Kissing the top of my head, he whispered, “It’s ok to have bad days once in awhile, Crew. You had and still have a lot to handle and come to terms with. Just promise not to shut me out again, ok?”

“I promise,” I said, tilting my head back. Our lips met briefly. “I won’t make that mistake again. Even though I was kind of the reason for our little break, I still missed you; I thought of you all the time.”

“I thought of you endlessly!” Hiro exclaimed. “I was constantly calling or emailing Storm, asking about you. He was the one who pushed me to come see you. Otherwise…” He trailed off, pausing. “Do you want to know something?”

I nodded. He rested his chin on top of my head.

“I was scared of you.”

“Scared?” I asked with surprise. “Of me?”

I could feel Hiro smiling as he tightened his grip around me.

“Of how you’d react. I felt like you were a time-bomb waiting to go off, and that I was walking on eggshells,” Hiro explained. “I didn’t know what you’d say when I was around. You wouldn’t say much, sometimes nothing at all. The last time we really spoke was before…” he trailed off once again.

“Before you left for Colorado,” I said, immediately filled with guilt again.

“It was a shock,” Hiro said, breathing out deeply. “To hear all that. I knew you were dealing with a lot, but I wasn’t expecting that…your breaking up with me.”

“They were just words, Hiro. I didn’t really mean them,” I said, leaning backwards into him. “I didn’t even know where they were coming from.”

“I know, but they hurt at the time. I was devastated. I just couldn’t believe it. I didn’t know how to handle it,” Hiro said. “That’s why I stayed away for so long. It was hard being here, knowing we sort of weren’t together and that things were kind of off between us. It was easier to avoid you and pretend that things were ok, but we just weren’t hanging out. You know?”

“No more of that,” I said with an emphatic nod. “From now on, it’s you and me. I promise to talk things out with you. About everything.”

Hiro intertwined our fingers, squeezing tightly. He kissed my temple.

“Together forever?” I asked.

“Together forever,” Hiro said into my ear, before kissing me.

**************ZEKE*************

I yawned loudly and rubbed my eyes as I followed Skyler into his house. Skyler nodded hello to Storm, and rubbed Sean’s head before making his way to the bathroom. I plopped down across from Storm and waved at him before resting my head in my hands.

“You ok?” Storm asked.

“Just tired and I have the beginnings of a headache,” I responded.

“Advil,” Storm suggested.

“Nah, I’ve been popping them like candy all week. Nonstop headaches lately. Funky weather; hot one day, cold the next,” I grumbled.

Storm laughed. “You junkie, get away from my baby,” he joked.

I rolled my eyes and reached over to gently squeeze Sean’s chubby cheeks. He gurgled at me, his eyes wide. He grabbed onto my finger and yanked, grinning happily with an open-mouthed smile. I smiled back at him, playfully having a tug of war over my finger.

“He’s getting so big,” I observed. “He’s not that gross, pink lump anymore.”

Storm rolled his eyes. “Gee thanks. How nice of you to say that my baby is no longer ugly.”

I giggled. “You know what I mean. Now he’s growing into his features.”

Storm’s tone was sarcastic, “At nine months?”

“He’s so cute,” I cooed. “He looks like Skyler.” I eyed Storm out of the corner of my eye, awaiting his reaction.

He snorted. “So basically, my kid looks like me, you ass.”

I grinned. “I know, just wanted to see if you’d catch that. Skyler didn’t at first.”

“Go figure,” Storm said.

“I know you bitches aren’t talking about me--especially when I’m not in the room to defend myself.” Skyler said loudly entering the kitchen.

Neither Storm nor I answered him. Skyler grabbed a can of soda and sat beside me. He looked around.

“Where’s Crew?” he asked.

“Brooding in his room probably,” I muttered. “We better leave before he goes all ape shit on us,” I told Skyler.

“Actually, no,” Storm said with a grin.

“No?” I asked in confusion.

“What’s with the smile?” Skyler asked curiously. “You know something interesting?” he asked his brother.

“Hiro came over last night,” Storm answered.

My eyebrows shot up. “Is he still here?”

Storm nodded.

“Really?” Skyler asked with surprise.

“No shit,” I said in awe. “Crew didn’t scream, bitch, yell, and then kick him out?”

Storm laughed. “No, not at all. Quite the opposite.”

“Opposite?” Skyler asked looking confused. “What does that mean?”

“Opposite…” I mulled the word in my head.

“Man, you guys are slow even in the afternoon,” Storm said grinning. He glanced at Skyler, “Or all the time.”

“They had sex!” Skyler exclaimed as if the idea suddenly came to him.

Storm pointed at Skyler and gave a slight nod.

“No fucking way!” I cried out. “Wow, they made up fast. I would have been more pissed.”

“You have been pissed,” Skyler pointed out.

“No I haven’t.”

“Sure you have. You’ve been crankier than usual ever since your fight with Crew,” Skyler said. “Trust me; I know you.”

“You barely visit,” Storm said.

“If you do, you kind of avoid Crew or ignore him completely; vice versa,” Skyler said. “You two have been really immature.”

He was right. This was the first real fight Crew and I ever had and we were both being stubborn asses.

“I shouldn’t have to come back here and apologize when he was going to just yell and snap at me and make me feel like shit for caring. He should be the one to come to me first,” I said defensively.

“Calm down, Zeke. No one’s attacking you. We all know Crew’s been an ass. Trust me, no one knows more than me,” Storm said sipping his water.

I grinned ruefully. “Yeah, I guess you would. Man, do I feel sorry for you.”

“It’s been better lately. We’re getting along now,” Storm said. “Practically a complete turn around since he started seeing a psychiatrist.”

“Oh, those things work?” Skyler asked.

“Things?” Storm laughed.

“Whatever,” Skyler said. “Shrinks.”

“For him it did,” Storm said.

“As long as it works,” Skyler said. “It didn’t really help us.”

“Huh?” I asked. “You guys saw a shrink? I didn’t know that.” I slapped Skyler’s arm. “How come you never told me?”

Skyler shrugged. “Why would I broadcast that over dinner or whatever? It wasn’t a big deal.”

“It was when our parents got divorced,” Storm explained. “We were around eleven, and Mom wanted to make sure neither of us felt angry or responsible.”

“Yeah, something about being scarred for life,” Skyler said rolling his eyes. “Personally, their divorce was a blessing. Anything to stop their fighting,” he said in a faraway tone as he looked out the window. Storm nodded, looking thoughtful.

Skyler cleared his throat loudly. “So if Hiro stayed the whole night, was there a lot of noise going on?” he asked smirking.

Storm smiled. “Crew sleeps downstairs, remember? I’m all the way upstairs. Thank God our house is big.”

Skyler and I laughed.

“Let’s go check on them,” I announced suddenly.

“What?” Storm asked.

“Yeah, totally. I’m in,” Skyler said standing abruptly. I instantly joined him. Together we started walking to the downstairs guest room.

“Hey guys, you shouldn’t disturb them,” Storm protested half-heartedly.

We ignored him and slowly opened the bedroom door as if we didn’t know what we’d find. The room was dark since the curtains were closed.

My eyes zeroed in on the bed where the blankets were crumpled over two tangled bodies, clearly naked under the covers. I inched closer with Skyler behind me. Finally, I made out Crew and Hiro cuddled together, both of them lying on their stomachs, side by side, with Crew’s head practically on Hiro’s shoulder. Crew’s arm was twisted behind his back, while Hiro’s arm rested along Crew’s back.

But what drew my attention was the fact that they were still holding hands, even with the odd positioning of Crew’s arm. I didn’t know how they ended up like that and I was positive Crew would wake up sore. Yet it was also the cutest thing I’d ever seen. It was as if they didn’t want to let go of each other, even in their sleep.

“Aren’t they so cute?” I asked Skyler as he wrapped his arms around my waist, resting his chin in the crook of my neck.

“Yeah, but that’s gotta hurt,” Skyler said indicating Crew.

I chuckled softly. “Yeah, I know.”

Crew murmured sleepily and tried snuggling even closer into Hiro. Hiro in turn shifted his body, so he was partially resting on top of Crew, and when Hiro’s arm moved, Crew’s fingers grasped his wrist tightly.

Hiro leaned over to kiss Crew’s forehead, all the while keeping his eyes shut. Crew sighed in response and they both fell back to sleep.

“I think it’s safe to say that Crew is back to normal?” I asked Skyler hopefully.

“I think so,” Skyler said. “They’re as lovey-dovey as before, if not worse. I love you Zeke, but I wouldn’t sleep with my arm like that all night. That’s gotta ruin some kind of rotation around the shoulder area,” he said moving his arm for emphasis.

I elbowed him gently in the stomach as we continued to watch them sleep.

If Crew and Hiro were back together, or at least working whatever issues they had out, then I had faith for the future--Crew’s future. Maybe I’d get my best friend back.

I smiled widely at Skyler, suddenly feeling very awake and very cheerful.

Copyright © 2011 Tiff; All Rights Reserved.
  • Like 5
  • Love 1
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this author. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new stories they post.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

There are no comments to display.

View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..