Jump to content
    Tiff
  • Author
  • 8,569 Words
  • 2,978 Views
  • 0 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

Jumping Over My Mountain - 29. Chapter 29

Jumping Over My Mountain
by Tiffani Chin

Chapter 29

---------------------------------------------


***********CREW**********

“Ouch!” I cringed as the soccer ball sharply hit my forehead. I looked at Zeke, narrowing my eyes. “Are you sure you’re not purposely aiming at my face?”

“Who me?” Zeke asked innocently. “Why would I go and do a thing like that? Your face is way too pretty to destroy,” he mocked.

I continued looking at him skeptically.

“I mean, it’s not like you threw me out of your life, told me to fuck off, and then didn’t talk to me for almost a year or anything,” Zeke went on nonchalantly. “Heads up!” he warned.

“Ouch!” I flinched as the ball hit my nose lightly. I opened my eyes to a grinning Zeke, teasing me by throwing the soccer ball between his hands.

I held up my hands, indicating a truce. “Ok, ok, I get it.”

Zeke waited patiently.

“I fucked up, Zeke. What can I say? I don’t have a logical explanation. It was how I reacted. I needed time to suffer and wallow alone.”

“I know,” Zeke said. “Deep down I knew that; but I was so used to being there for you whenever something went wrong, I guess it felt like a punch in the gut when you didn’t want me around anymore. You didn’t turn to me. I just figured you’d want to talk to me, you know, being best friends and everything.”

I looked into my lap. “This situation was a bit different, Zeke. I felt like I had experienced more than my share. I didn’t care about anything or anyone, not even myself. So at the time, friendships, well they didn’t feel important. My head was screwed up; but I’m feeling better these days. You know you’re my best friend and I love you, right?”

Zeke smiled. “Yeah, I know. I knew your fat head would come to its senses sooner or later. At least I hoped it would. I had never seen you like that before.”

“My head is not fat!” I cried out. He grinned widely.

Zeke held up the soccer ball, indicating he was going to throw it at me. I nodded and he chucked it in the air. I shot it back at him off my head, watching as he gracefully bounced it on his knee.

I was able to stand these days, but not for long durations. We were chilling in my room at the twins’ house, and fooling around with the soccer ball. In the event I got too tired, I could flop down onto my bed and rest. I was definitely happier with my progress. I finally believed things would be a lot smoother from here-on-out, physically and mentally. In any event, I was still seeing Tom and hanging with Donna and Kenny during my free time.

“It took me a long ass time, but I’m finally moving forward, no longer stuck in my rut,” I told Zeke.

“Good. I’m glad Storm forced you to see someone. He even mentioned he had to threaten you with bodily harm.”

I smiled. “Yeah, that was actually true. Storm was eyeing my crutches with far too much intention. I admit, I got a little scared. I was a poor helpless dude on crutches. I knew Storm was gonna take advantage of that situation, considering I had been a complete ass to him.”

Zeke snorted. “You were an ass to everyone!”

“I know, I know!”

“So what was the deal with Hiro? I know you two are all good now, but what was the deal with that? You totally shut him out, too,” Zeke said, bouncing the soccer ball between his feet. I squashed down the slight feelings of jealousy I felt towards him, knowing that I couldn’t do the same action myself. Instead I focused on his question.

“To make a long story short, I was angry at the world and at what happened. I associated all that with Hiro, making me indirectly pissed at him, even though I knew he didn’t do anything wrong. I was also mad at myself for being so cruel to him when all he did was try to be there for me and help me, even while I was ignoring him. It was a bad cycle; but now it’s sorted and we’re as good as ever, if not better,” I said with a large smile.

“I’m glad,” Zeke said, letting the ball rest at his feet. “I want you to be happy. I knew you weren’t really happy without Hiro.” He paused and tilted his head. “And although Hiro doesn’t talk a lot, I kinda missed him and his silent presence.”

I was about to say more, but Zeke pushed me onto the bed and flopped on top of me gently. He sighed.

“I know things were tough and everything, but I hope you never shut any of us out ever again,” Zeke said quietly. “It hurt.”

I sighed in guilt. “I know. It hurt me too. I hurt everyone, including myself. I promise I won’t do that again.”

“Ok,” Zeke said, kissing my cheek.

Then suddenly without warning, Zeke was rapidly rolling off me. I watched in amazement as Zeke was lying beside me one moment, but must have gotten too much momentum, because he fell onto the floor with a loud thud.

“Oh fuck,” he groaned. “What the hell happened?”

I looked up and saw Hiro crouching beside Zeke, helping him up. “Sorry Zeke,” Hiro apologized. “I don’t always know my own strength.”

“No shit,” Zeke muttered, taking Hiro’s hand and standing.

I smiled when Hiro looked at me, and I opened my arms to him. I was still lying on the bed and Hiro stretched out over me, taking Zeke’s place.

“What the hell was that?” Zeke asked as he sat back on the bed, rubbing his butt with a disgruntled expression on his face. I giggled in amusement.

Hiro kissed me, caressing my cheek. “I have to make up for lost time with Crew. You were in my way and taking my spot,” he said with a smile, still staring into my eyes.

Zeke rolled his eyes. “You could have just asked me to move.”

“Mmm,” Hiro said, kissing me again. “How are you doing?” he asked.

“Good,” I answered, grinning as I wrapped my legs around him, even though I wasn’t strong or flexible enough yet to really pull him closer. He smiled down at me, rubbing our noses together.

“Ugh,” Zeke said, pretending to vomit.

“Oh, you!” I said good-naturedly as Hiro continued kissing my neck. “Go find Skyler and make out with him.”

“Eww, Hiro, you’re intruding on our friend time,” Zeke said folding his arms, pouting mockingly.

“I’ll make it up to you,” I promised Zeke.

“I know, I was just kidding. Maybe sometime we could all have dinner together. I’ll make a point of coming down on weekends again,” Zeke said.

“That’d be great,” I said honestly. “I’d like that a lot.”

“Then I guess I’ll leave you two lovebirds alone and find my man,” Zeke said getting up. “I’m sure he’s not too far. Probably in the kitchen, stuffing his pretty face,” he added, rolling his eyes. He quietly shut the door behind him.

“Want to stay over?” I asked Hiro, pulling him against me with my arms. I kissed his neck. “I don’t want to sleep alone tonight.”

“Of course,” Hiro said pecking my nose. “Like I’d ever want to leave you.”

I smiled happily. “Good.” We gazed at each other for a few seconds, before I broke the silence. “So what do you feel like doing now?” I asked.

Hiro opened his mouth to answer, but the shrill sound of his cell phone ringing interrupted us. He reached into his pocket and pulled out his phone. He checked it and then pressed a button before putting it away. I frowned curiously.

“Who was that?” I asked.

“A friend,” Hiro replied simply.

“A friend?” I asked suspiciously.

“I started tutoring a high school kid when I got back from Colorado. My grandmother met his family at church. But anyway, I hung out with him and his friends a few times. That was one of his friends calling me.”

“Why was he calling you?” I asked tensing. “You guys good friends or something?”

“Crew,” Hiro began in a calm tone.

I sat up and crossed my arms, looking at him pointedly.

“So you guys are just friends, right? He isn’t harboring any secret feelings for you, is he?” I demanded.

Hiro rubbed his eyes. “He’s a young kid. Eighteen. We went to the movies as a group, we went to the arcade, and we talk sometimes. That’s it.”

“So he doesn’t like you?” I pressed.

Hiro paused.

“Well?” I prompted.

Hiro’s brown eyes locked onto mine. “He…does have a small crush on me,” he admitted.

“What?” I nearly shrieked.

“Crew, baby, calm down,” Hiro said.

“And you still hang out with him?” I asked loudly.

“Crew, it’s not like that,” he tried to explain. I rolled my eyes.

“He’s young and likes to flirt with any gay guy. Or any good looking guy. He saw Storm the other day at the mall while we were at the arcade. He was tempted to hit on Storm, and would have, except Storm had Sean with him. This guy is completely harmless,” Hiro promised. “I told him I have a boyfriend that I love very much. And that was before we officially got back together.”

I felt a little better after he said that, but not entirely.

“Completely harmless, huh? Like Caleb?” I asked.

Hurt flashed across Hiro’s features and he looked away. I instantly felt like shit and shifted closer to him.

“I’m sorry,” I said taking his hand. “I shouldn’t have said that. That was low of me. I just feel pissed still and kind of paranoid. Worried, or insecure, or something,” I rambled.

Hiro looked at me and smiled softly, his other hand rubbing my back. “I know Crew. I guess I don’t really blame you.” He paused. “But Jarett really is harmless. He’s a fun kid, but not crazy. You should meet him and see for yourself,” he suggested.

I shrugged. “Maybe.” I wasn’t really interested in meeting yet another guy that was crushing on Hiro. I didn’t want to run into anymore potential problems.

Hiro touched my cheek and I looked at him. “Let’s not talk about this. Jarett isn’t an issue for me and he shouldn’t be for you. I am completely and truly in love with you. And this time, I won’t let anyone else hurt you. Ever. I love you,” he stated firmly.

I stared into his eyes and smiled. “I know. Come here,” I whispered as I grabbed onto the back of his neck and pulled him to me, placing my lips on top of his, pushing my tongue into his mouth.

Hiro sighed and wrapped his arms tightly around me.

************

I now understood what Hiro meant.

Jarett was a talker and a flirty person by nature, but completely harmless. He was just a young guy who chatted about anything and everything, and in a slightly high pitched voice. It reminded me of a chipmunk. It would have been more annoying, but Jarett was cute. He seemed so excited talking about the most mundane things. In turn, it made me feel more enthusiastic, even if I was just listening.

In the hour since I met Jarett, I instantly felt comfortable and at ease in his presence. Unlike Caleb who stared me down coldly, Jarett was smiling and laughing and engaging me in genuine conversation.

I glanced at Hiro and he shrugged his shoulders in an ‘I told you so’ manner. I smiled and then glanced at Kenny. I had brought Kenny along, figuring he should get out of the house more often.

“You can’t have a social life if you don’t go out and do anything!” I insisted a few nights ago after I had dinner at his house.

I also mentioned to Kenny that I would like for him to meet all my friends and Hiro. I told him I was gay and that I had gotten back together with my boyfriend. For some reason I knew Kenny would take it ok; I felt it in my gut. As expected, he did.

“Life is too short to be angry at someone for loving another person, even if it’s the same sex,” Kenny explained smiling. “How can I hate you for loving, right? Plus, we’re like brothers. I accept you as you are.”

I was so touched by his words and remembered hugging him for ten minutes straight. Kenny was laughing, and at the same time crying out that I was crushing his thin body. I truly felt that Kenny was as close as a brother. I imagine if I had come out to my actual brother, he would have had the same reaction. It just made me feel good that the people I cared about accepted me.

“So Jarett, where do you plan on going to college?” I broke in when he finally took a gulp of air.

Jarett grinned, his lips full and red, dimples in his left cheek. I couldn’t help smiling. He could totally pass for my younger brother. It was nice to imagine Jarett as my brother, especially since the resemblance was already there.

“Hawaii!” he exclaimed with excitement.

“Hawaii? Get out!” I said in surprise. “That’s so cool.”

“I know, right?” Jarett said bouncing in his seat. “My parents were iffy about me going there, but it’s not like I’m leaving the country. Hawaii may be an island, but it’s still apart of the US. That was my main argument,” he boasted proudly. I smiled.


“Imagine doing water sports everyday after school, or actually getting class credit for surfing? Or going to the beach in the mornings, and eating spam at every meal,” he rambled.

“Spam?” I asked in confusion.

“Hawaiians love their spam. I bet there’s a whole page dedicated to spam on menus in every restaurant,” Jarett said. “Can’t wait! It tastes really good!”

“What’s your major going to be?” I asked.

“Biology.”

“Science nerd,” I teased. “Who does bio these days?”

He stuck his tongue out at me. “Whatever. History dork. Shouldn’t your face be stuck in a seven-hundred page book about World Wars or something?”

It was my turn to stick my tongue out at him. Then we laughed. Hiro clasped my hand and smiled at me. He seemed relieved that I got along with Jarett and didn’t feel threatened by him, like I had been initially.

Kenny seemed amused by Jarett and his constant chattiness. Together they went to get milkshakes while Hiro and I continued to sit at our table as I ate fries.

“I like Jarett,” I admitted. “He’s so much fun. I never met anyone who could talk so much.”

“I know,” Hiro agreed smiling. “I was a little stunned by that as well.”

“I’ll bet,” I said. “I wouldn’t be surprised if I got a headache just from listening to him.”

“He does tend to ramble on and on. Even more than you,” Hiro teased, rubbing my side.
He cocked his head at me. “Want to know the real reason why I initially started hanging out with him?” he asked. “He isn’t normally my type of friend, and he’s younger and all.”

I nodded. “Why?”

Hiro rubbed his fingers over my knuckles. “He reminded me of you.”

“Me?” I squeaked in surprise.

He laughed. “What, you don’t see the resemblance?”

I stared at him with my mouth hanging open slightly. “You hung out with him so you could ‘see’ me?”

“I had to get my Crew fix somewhere. If I ignored the chipper voice, he could almost be you. With the eyes, his big smile, lips, dimples…” Hiro trailed off looking at my mouth intently.

I swatted his arm. “Don’t focus too much on his features! You have me now!”

Hiro laughed and leaned over to hug me. He kissed my cheek and then pulled my chin forward to kiss my lips. “You’re an original, Crew. There is no replacement for you. Jarett is only eye candy.”

I pinched him. “You can’t look at him either!” I mock ordered. “Your eyes, on me, all the time!” I said. Hiro smiled and kissed me, pulling me close.

“I love you,” he whispered into my ear. I sighed, holding onto his shoulders as he nuzzled my neck.

“I love you too,” I murmured quietly as I inhaled his scent. We were in a very public place, but I suddenly felt very intimate with Hiro, as if we were the only people that existed in the food court.

“Ugh, break it up!” Jarett’s voice interrupted. “Slobber fest is over!”

Kenny was standing beside Jarett and giggling at Jarett’s loud voice and mock disgust.
I smiled sheepishly. Hiro continued to hold me, kissing my cheek and neck. I sighed and closed my eyes.

“God, Crew, where did you meet Hiro? I need a hot boyfriend too!” Jarett said, plopping down across from me.

“I don’t know. Maybe you’ll meet someone in Hawaii,” I said. “I met Hiro in college. We had a history class together and became study buddies and then friends.”

“Ooh, you’re right,” Jarett said in a dreamy tone. “Yeah, totally! I am so holding out for a Hawaiian. Hot surfer bods. Tan and buff. Manly. Yum.”

Kenny and I laughed while Jarett sipped his milkshake loudly, looking around innocently. What a character that kid was.

“So, know any other hot gay guys?” Jarett asked.

I looked at him incredulously. “I thought you were going to wait?”

He shrugged his shoulders. “September is a long time from now. I need someone to hold me over, or several people,” he grinned deviously.

“You’re crazy,” I said. “Well, I can’t be of any help to you. All my gay friends, well, they’re already coupled together,” I answered, thinking of Skyler and Zeke, and Hela and Bryce. My circle of gay friends wasn’t that large.

Jarett pouted. “Bummer.” He turned and looked at Kenny. “Hey Kenny,” he said in a sweet tone, winking suggestively. “Do you have a girlfriend?” he asked innocently.

Kenny’s eyes widened in shock. I smothered my laughter, not wanting Kenny to think I was making fun of him. At the same time, Hiro nudged Jarett and shot him a disapproving look.

Jarett sighed. “Aw, Hiro, I was just joking. No need to get all parental on me,” he whined.

I wrapped my arm around Kenny’s shoulders. “Don’t worry, Kenny. I’ll protect you,” I said as I eyed Jarett’s hopeful look.

“I was just kidding Kenny,” Jarett finally said sincerely. Then he paused and looked at Kenny meaningfully. “But you know, you’re about to be seventeen. If you ever want to experiment and know for sure where you stand, I wouldn’t mind helping you out. I mean, we’re friends right?” he rambled quickly, lost in his own thought process. “Things with guys are a lot more fun and a lot less complicated compared to girls. I am easy on the eyes and you’re easy on the eyes. In fact, you’re really, really cute. Are you sure you don’t wanna-”

“Jarett!” Hiro scolded, interrupting Jarett’s little speech as Kenny blushed profusely.

*************SKYLER************

“So,” I began.

So,” Storm responded, playing with Sean’s arms, flapping them in the air and chirping like a bird. Sean giggled loudly and tried imitating the sounds.

“How was your date with Annabelle? Did I come through or what?” I asked grinning.

Storm laughed and hugged Sean to his chest. “I was waiting for that question. I am curious: why didn’t you ask sooner?” he looked at me.

“I was gonna,” I said in a contemplative tone. “But I forgot.”

“Figures,” he snorted.

“Yeah, so what’s the deal? You gonna go out with her again?”

A small smile made its way to his lips.

“You are, aren’t you?” I crowed. I pumped my fist in the air. “Yes! You so owe me, man.”

“Why would I owe you?” he scoffed.

“You never would have met her if it wasn’t for me and my pretty face,” I said.

“Our face,” he said grinning. Then he smirked. “Besides, since our faces are the same, well, technically, I got her because of my very own pretty face.”

I opened my mouth to retort, but then paused to think about what he said. “Stop confusing me!” I exclaimed and he chuckled.

“We’re going out next weekend. She had plans this weekend and didn’t want to cancel,” he explained.

“Nice,” I said.

“Yeah. She’s cool. A little shy at first, but that was kinda hot. She’s nice and smart, easy to talk to. No dumb silences or anything.”

“And hot.”

“Hot,” Storm agreed. We shared a look before laughing.

“Did you kiss her?” I asked.

Storm rolled his eyes. “Yeah.”

“Tongue?”

“Yeah.”

“Cool,” I said. “Go any further?” I asked.

“Not on the first date,” Storm replied honestly.

“Bummer,” I answered seriously. Storm shook his head. We looked at each other silently, and then Storm smiled in amusement.

“You know, I love our stimulating conversations,” Storm mocked. “They’re great…really.”

“What, we’re not girls. We’re not gonna gab about every little detail,” I said rolling my eyes. “Gay,” I said pointing to myself. “Not a woman.”

“Whatever,” Storm said.

“Did you tell her about Sean?” I asked.

“Are you crazy? On the first date?” he asked incredulously. “Why would I want to scare her off?”

“You’re going to tell her eventually? I mean, you like her right? Like, really like her?”

He nodded slowly. “Yeah, I think I do. Girlfriends before were fun and no pressure. With Annabelle, she just has this vibe, or something. We really clicked. I can see myself with her in the future.”

I raised my brow. “Wow, all on one date.”

“Yeah,” Storm said. “I hope her opinion of me doesn’t change when I tell her about Sean.”

“Why would it? Once you explain everything?” I asked.

He shot me a look. “Come on, Sky; don’t be an idiot.”

I gave him the finger and he smiled before continuing.

“It sounds so bad. I was a drunk, horny kid who screwed his ex and now I’m stuck with a kid. Forever! It kind of dampens the whole dating experience, knowing a kid is waiting for my return. Plus, it puts pressure on her. She’ll be forced into this mother role, that is, if we get serious,” he said. “You know she’ll be telling her friends about me. Then they’ll warn her to dump me because I have baggage. It’s how a guy would think if a girl had a baby. Right?” he looked at me for affirmation. After a moment I nodded.

“Yeah,” I said. “But if Annabelle is as cool as you think, maybe she’ll roll with it. Hey, a really good connection can overcome anything. Plus, Sean is hardly a burden. Look how cute he is,” I cooed, patting his cheek. Sean grinned and grabbed at my hand, but I pulled back in time. I laughed at him as he continued reaching for me.

“Oh well, I can’t worry about all that future stuff right now. Let me get through the second date,” Storm said as he kissed Sean loudly. The baby nestled his head under Storm’s chin, hiccupping. Storm smiled as he grazed the light dusting of dark brown hair with his fingers.

“Yeah,” I murmured. After a pause, “You know, it’s nice.”

“What is?”

“What you have,” I said.

Storm frowned. “Jobless and with child?”

I laughed. “No! Only the child part. He’s so cute and small. It’s nice to have someone who loves you unconditionally. To look up to you. Having someone to be yours and to help grow up,” I said a little wistfully, as my eyes darted back and forth between Sean and Storm.

“You can have that too,” Storm said seriously.

“Yeah, but it will be harder. I want someone who’s mine, like a mini-me,” I said grinning. “Has the Skyler gene, you know? Adopting is great too, but it’s not quite the same.”

“Oh Lord, people should run in fear,” he joked. “As far as they can in the opposite direction.”

“Blah, blah, blah,” I shot back.

“Hey, Hela and Bryce moved into their new house. Want to stop by with me?” Storm asked.

“Aren’t they going to have some sort of house-warming party?” I asked.

“They will. But we’re just going to hang out, not ooh and aah over their new house,” Storm explained. “So do you want to go with me?”

I shrugged. “Sure, why not? I’d love to spend time with my favorite brother.”

“Which really means that Zeke is busy?” Storm asked with a grin.

I laughed loudly. “No! He’s probably chilling with Crew. We don’t have to spend all our time together, you know. We are individuals,” I stressed.

“So you say,” Storm rolled his eyes.

“We are,” I argued. “You head to your car. I’ll catch up. I’m just going to, you know, tell Zeke where I’m going,” I said casually as I walked backwards, swinging my arms.

Storm smirked, but didn’t say anything.

By the time I made my way to his car, Storm was in the process of buckling Sean into the baby seat. I got into the car and waited for Storm to do the same. He chucked the bag of diapers and bottles of milk into the backseat.

“Alright, ready?” he said before starting the car.

“Hit it,” I said nodding, as we took off.

**************

“This is a nice place,” Storm commented looking around.

“Thanks,” Hela said. “Spacious.”

“Only because we haven’t furnished it completely. Some of our stuff is still in storage. We have yet to get it all,” Bryce added.

“How’s the adoption process going?” Storm asked.

“It’s going,” Hela said. “Now we’re just waiting to get a call from the agency. We were already approved after the home visit.”

“Approved?” I asked.

“To make sure we live in a safe environment, that we’re ‘good people’ and can provide a stable, loving home. All that stuff,” Hela answered dismissively.

“We’re hoping to get a call soon, but we’re not going to focus on it too much. Otherwise it will drive us crazy,” Bryce added. “Plus, it can take years. No use letting the wait eat us alive. When it happens, it will happen.”

“I’ll keep my fingers crossed for you,” I said. Bryce smiled. “So what kind of baby are you going to get? A foreign one?”

All three guys shot me amused looks.

“Foreign?” Storm asked.

“You know what I mean,” I said in exasperation.

“We’ve arranged for an adoption from within the country,” Bryce supplied. “Although, our agency does handle both types.”

“Thank you, Bryce,” I said in exaggeration, glancing at Storm and Hela.

“Hey, how’s Crew doing?” Hela asked. “We haven’t had a chance to come by because of all the stuff we were doing for the adoption. Plus, I heard that Crew was going through a rough time, so I didn’t want to intrude. Instead, I sent flowers and cards and stuff.”

“He’s doing much better,” Storm informed. “Almost back to normal. He’s not mean and cranky and annoying anymore. He’s more like himself, laughing again. He’s back together with Hiro.”

“Good to hear,” Hela said smiling. “When you mentioned they were hitting a rough patch, I was kind of shocked. I didn’t think they’d ever get into a fight. I mean, look at Hiro. Does he seem like he would ever get mad or argue with Crew?”

Storm laughed. “I know. Anyhow, they made it right.”

“Yeah, you guys can come by now. It’s safe,” I quipped. “Hey, by the way, are you guys planning on having a house-warming party? I mean, isn’t a party the rule when you move into a new place, as well as providing food for your guests? You know, food,” I emphasized.

Bryce snorted and Hela grinned.

“We can get something to eat. There are some decent restaurants around here,” Hela suggested. “A pretty good Italian place opened up recently on the main highway or we can find some seafood place.”

I grimaced at the mention of seafood. “Italian,” Storm and I said simultaneously.

Hela smiled. “Alright, let’s head out then.”

“Best news I’ve heard all day,” I said standing up. “Let’s go.”

Bryce rubbed Sean’s head as he got up. Sean turned to him and shot him a big smile.

“Such a cute baby,” Bryce said.

“I know! I want one that looks like him,” Hela said.

“I know,” Storm said smiling. “So cute,” he cooed, kissing Sean’s cheek. “My little baby boy,” he murmured, grinning widely as Sean started laughing.

“So Storm, do you get a lot of girls?” Hela asked.

“What do you mean?”

“Like, do girls go crazy over a young, hot Dad toting around his adorable son?” Hela went on. “Girls go insane over that. Something about seeing a man’s paternal side. Hell, even Bryce couldn’t keep his hands off me whenever I babysat my sister.”

Bryce grabbed Hela’s side and punched him lightly in the stomach.

“What?” Hela snorted. “It’s true!”

Storm laughed. “Umm, maybe. I don’t really notice. I am kind of preoccupied.”

“Oh man,” I said shaking my head. “You have game and you don’t even know it! What a freaking waste!”

Hela and Bryce laughed.

“I’m dating someone, kinda. Second date next weekend,” Storm said.

“I introduced them. Well, set them up,” I said before Storm could say anything. “I was bartending in the city and she hit on me. Or, more like her friend forced her to say something to me, because she was too shy at first.”

“Aww, that’s kind of cute,” Bryce said squeezing Hela’s arm.

Storm groaned. “Whatever! Having a baby and trying to date sucks!” He bounced Sean in his arms and smiled when the baby gripped his neck with his tiny hands.

Bryce laughed. “Don’t worry, Storm. You can’t think about that stuff right now. Just enjoy your time with Sean,” he advised, rubbing under Sean’s chin. “The rest will settle itself,” he assured.

“Play the whole dating-relationship thing by ear,” Hela added. “You can’t force something.”

Storm hugged Sean closer to him as we split into our two cars and met up to eat. I ended up driving, since Sean was fussing in the backseat for some odd reason. Normally the baby was much calmer. Now he was crying loudly. His cries were shrill and were grating on my nerves. How did such a tiny thing have such great lung capacity to cry and cry until the end of time? I swear, my ears would be sprouting blood soon!

“Why won’t he shut up?” I asked in annoyance. I had a sudden urge to squeeze Sean’s head so hard that it would pop off and float into the atmosphere. At least that way I wouldn’t have to hear his incessant crying.

“I think he needs to be changed.”

I scrunched my nose. “Thank God we took your car today. If I got shit stains in my car, I’d fucking die. OUCH!” I cried out as Storm slapped my head from the backseat. I shot him a dirty look through the rearview mirror.

**************

“So tired,” I murmured as I blasted the air condition in my direction and sighed, rubbing my full stomach. I had really packed away the food. Now I was feeling sluggish. Apparently, so was Sean because he was dozing off. I was in heaven, not having to hear his high pitched wails. The sun was creeping into the car and it felt good on my skin. Just as long as I wasn’t outside dealing with the warm weather.

“As usual,” Storm answered. “When don’t you get tired after eating?”

“I’m halfway asleep here, so you know I’m not listening.”

“I know,” he stated as he turned up the radio.

I sighed and shifted in my seat. I didn’t know how long I was dozing. Suddenly, I felt my neck swing from side to side roughly. My eyes flew open and my hands automatically gripped the car seat.

It all happened so fast, that before I knew it, we came to a halt in the middle of the road. We were lucky no other cars hit us, but I sure heard a lot of brakes being jammed on. We were on a pretty crowded highway, although luckily, it wasn’t high traffic.

“What the fuck?” I breathed out, looking at Storm with wide eyes. His expression mirrored mine. He was gripping the steering wheel in disbelief.

“Someone hit us,” he said looking around, blinking in confusion, “I didn’t even see it coming,” he breathed out in heavy gasps. “Holy shit. Shit, shit, shit.”

Our thoughts were interrupted by a loud scream and then wailing. We both spun around at the same time and saw Sean crying, but he was safely buckled into his baby seat. Together, we let out sighs of relief.

“So what the fuck happened?” I demanded looking at Storm.

“How the fuck should I know?” he shot back, narrowing his eyes at me. We both stared at each other as if waiting for some divine answer. Then for some insane reason we both burst out laughing. It took several minutes before we calmed down.

“Are you ok?” Storm asked.

I cracked my neck and groaned.

“Are you hurt?” Storm asked, his voice tinged with worry. “Fuck, do you need to go to the hospital?”

“Oh no; nothing like that. I do this all the time. Sometimes I get a tingling sensation in my hands when I crack my neck too hard. It hurts.”

Storm’s shoulders sagged in relief. Then he shot me a dirty look. “Dipshit,” he murmured to himself. “Dude, why does this shit happen to us?” he asked.

I shrugged. “Beats me. Come on, let’s check the damage and see what happened.”

Storm nodded and we got out of the car. He quickly retrieved Sean and cuddled him tightly.

“Shh, don’t cry,” Storm murmured as he bounced Sean in his arms. His small face was all red. Tears were streaming down his cheeks and his features contorted as he cried. “Everything’s ok,” Storm whispered. “Shh, don’t cry. Daddy’s here.”

I noticed the car that hit us was about ten feet away. Their front bumper, hood, and windshield were smashed. A guy and a girl were standing outside their car, both talking on cell phones.

The guy, probably in his late twenties, came up to us in a hurry, concern all over his face. “Are you guys ok?” he asked. “I’m so sorry. I was switching lanes and I had to suddenly swerve because of some young punk on a motorcycle.”

“No shit,” Storm said. “I didn’t even know how we got hit. One minute we were driving, the next we were spinning.”

“Here, let me give you my information. Hopefully we can sort this out,” the man said fishing in his shirt pocket for a pen and some paper. Finally he found them and started writing.

“I hate those kids on motorcycles,” he muttered. “My fiancée and I were heading over to a baby shower,” he went on as he wrote.

I looked at Storm, “Hey, I’m gonna check on…,” I trailed off when I realized Storm was staring hard at something and not even listening.

I frowned in confusion and followed the direction of his stare. My mouth dropped open.

It was Kate.

Storm and I were frozen with shock as Kate finally caught sight of us. There was a noticeable pause in her step before she continued. Finally, she reached her fiancé’s side and took his arm. She didn’t look at us; her eyes were glued to the little bundle in Storm’s arms. Gradually Sean’s crying ceased, and now his head was tucked into the crook of Storm’s neck. Noticing Kate’s stare, he wrapped his arms protectively around Sean, as if shielding him from her.

I elbowed my brother gently. He cleared his throat, but continued to stand there awkwardly. I looked back and forth between Storm and Kate, not knowing if I should act like I had never met her before.

Apparently, Storm didn’t know what to do either. The three of us just stood there, very uncomfortably. Kate’s idiot fiancé didn’t even notice. No wonder he hit our car.

I had a feeling Storm wanted to talk to Kate alone, so I quickly got her fiancé’s attention. I whipped out my cell phone and nodded at the cars.

“Yo, let’s take some pictures of the cars,” I said.

“Why?” he asked.

“In case you try to run off,” I said dryly.

He frowned. “I wouldn’t do that,” he said, sounding insulted.

I sighed. “Humor me, man? I’m a paranoid freak. Now, come on,” I said wrapping my arm around his shoulder and effectively leading him away. I immediately started yakking away, and he didn’t notice that Kate stayed behind with Storm.

“By the way, I’m Skyler,” I said.

“Frank,” he replied.

We went to Storm’s car first. We both snapped photos of the dented trunk and near the rear tire. Then we walked to Frank’s car and took pictures of his smashed windshield, front bumper, and hood. I also made sure to get his license plate in the photo.

“So we can settle this without insurance or a police report, right?” Frank asked hopefully. “I still have high insurance from my accident last year.”

I nodded. “Sure. I’ve got pictures and everything. It’s not like you can run away.”

“I wouldn’t do that,” he said again.

“Ok, ok,” I replied. “Did you write down all your contact information, so we can call you once we get an estimate for the damages? We’ll probably hit the body shop right away. The sooner we fix his car, the better. He will die without his car,” I said seriously.

“Umm, ok,” he said handing over a piece of paper. I glanced down at the sheet, taking note of his home number, cell number, and email address.

“Alright man, good luck getting to your baby shower,” I said, not knowing what else to say.

Frank smiled. “Yeah, we probably won’t be going now,” he said. “I can never think straight after an accident or ticket or whatever. I always feel too bad.”

I grunted, as if in agreement. We noticed Storm and Kate were waiting for us. I saw that they were standing far apart from each other. I started walking over to them and Frank followed my lead.

Kate quickly made her way to Frank and they started heading back to their car.

“I’ll be in touch,” I called out to Frank and he lifted his hand in response. I turned to Storm. “You ok?”

He didn’t look so good. He looked moody all of a sudden and I had a feeling it had nothing to do with his car.

“Yeah,” he said darkly and strode over to his car. I shrugged and followed, deciding to wait for him to spill his guts instead of pressing for details, although I was desperately curious. But I knew my brother; the waiting game was best.

“I’ll drive,” I offered. He didn’t argue with me. He merely went over to the passenger side after tucking a calmed down Sean into his baby seat. I started the car and glanced quickly at my twin. He appeared to be deep in thought.

“Hey, umm, I’m gonna drive us directly to the body shop, ok? We can get the estimate and get started on fixing it up. Then I’ll call Frank and send him a copy of the receipt,” I said.

“Ok,” Storm said distantly.

I nodded and continued driving. For the next ten minutes, it was pretty silent. I think even Sean had fallen asleep, since it was pretty quiet from the back seat.

“You know, I really hate her,” Storm finally said. I was a bit startled as I had become pretty engrossed in my driving.

“Who?” I blinked in confusion. I quickly caught myself. “Kate? Why?”

“Because look at her!” Storm exclaimed, looking at me. “Look at her life. How she moved on so easily. She’s fucking engaged to that guy!”

“I know. It hasn’t even been a year since she had Sean,” I commented.

“She met someone so fast. It’s not like I’m jealous, because I definitely don’t love her,” Storm said emphatically. “But engaged?” He sounded angry. “You know what that means?” he asked staring at me.

“Sure,” I said automatically, although I didn’t have a clue. I shot him a glance, hoping he’d elaborate. He did.

“She’s going to get married soon. Then she’s going to have children. Then she’ll have this perfect little family in a perfect fucking house, with probably two fucking nice ass BMW’s!” He was breathing hard and running his hands through his hair in frustration.

“Do you know how unfair that is?” he demanded. I quickly nodded in agreement. Storm didn’t blow up often. I knew he needed to unload. “She’ll have a nice family, what she always wanted. Her parents--those religious sons of bitches-- will be so proud!” he sneered. “Meanwhile, Sean is left behind. She doesn’t even care about him. What a fucking bitch!”

I hummed in agreement.

“So, she gets her happy ending. No kid around to screw up her plans. She dumped him on me. Me? I’m going to have a hell of a difficult dating life, and then probably a problem child in the future if I ever get married,” Storm ranted.

“Worst of all, Sky,” he said, “What am I going to tell Sean when one day he asks me about Mom? His “real” Mom? Kids always wonder about their biological parents as they get older, don’t they? Why didn’t she want him? What do I tell him? Do I tell him he was the product of a very stupid, drunken, and horny mistake, and that he has to pay for it? If I have more kids in the future, what if he feels left out because they look different than him? God, this is so fucking…” Storm paused, “So fucking unfair!”

“This is all the shit that has been running through my head lately!” Storm exploded. “Actually, ever since Sean was born. Seeing Kate just made it worse,” he glowered.

The air was becoming uncomfortable with tension; I opened my mouth to say something.

Storm held up his hand. “Just drive, Sky. Don’t say anything. I’m not in the mood for your dumb jokes or bullshit. Just drive. Leave me alone, ok?”

I shut my mouth. We didn’t say a word until we got to the body shop.

***********CREW**********

“Hiro, you meanie! I’m trying to nap,” I said pouting, keeping my eyes shut.

“And I’m trying to wake you up, cutie,” Hiro murmured softly, nuzzling his nose against mine, before kissing my lips gently. “Open your eyes.”

“No!” I whined, turning my face away. “I’m still tired. Go away. Wait, no, don’t leave. Just stop talking,” I said with a small smile on my lips.

Hiro left my face alone; but soon his hands made their way under my shirt, running along my chest. My skin started tingling and shivers ran through my body. I arched my back and sighed. I felt his lips on my stomach and smiled.

He moved between my legs, resting over me, heat coming off his body. I playfully tried to turn over, but he grabbed my hips and pinned me down. I let out a cry and I heard the amusement in his voice when he spoke.

“Open your eyes, baby,” he breathed out.

I folded my arms across my chest and shook my head no.

He kissed my forehead. “How do I get you to wake up?” he asked quietly. I smiled, squeezing my eyes shut. “You stubborn little baby.”

Slowly, he moved to my groin and started pulling down my sweats.

“Hey! You’re playing dirty!” I exclaimed.

“You brought this on yourself,” Hiro said in a reprimanding tone. I lifted my ass to help him. I was already semi-hard, in anticipation of what was going to happen.

I felt his tongue licking my balls. I hissed, clenching my fists. He took one ball into his mouth, then the other, and sucked both gently. I sighed, then moaned.

When he retreated, he paused and then blew on my balls. The contrast of the previous heat of his mouth to the coolness of his breath made me gasp. “Hiro!”

Hiro chuckled before running his tongue along the underside of my now rock-hard erection. “You sneaky!-” Suddenly I cried out as his tongue swirled around the head of my cock. My eyes rolled beneath my eyelids.

“One last chance, Crew. Open your eyes,” he teased. I bit my lip and kept my eyes shut.

Without further warning, he engulfed me completely. The warmth and moisture overwhelmed my senses. I shouted and gripped the blankets.

Hiro was playing with me. He wanted to prolong my release and made sure of that by moving at a snail’s pace over my cock. He also backed off every time I got too close to the edge. I whimpered in frustration. Hiro chuckled while my cock was buried down his throat. I let out a silent scream as the vibrations hit my cock, sending wave after wave of pleasure through my body.

“Please, Hiro,” I begged. He sped up and I began thrusting into his mouth. I started panting, my head pushed back into the pillow. My fingers tightened around the blankets, while my muscles tensed and my toes curled.

“Fuck,” I groaned, practically seeing spots due to how tightly I was squeezing my eyes. I was breathing hard, desperately trying to get air. The ripples struck my body, causing me to convulse and shudder uncontrollably. His tongue continued to milk me. This action ignited more sensations and it washed over me, making my orgasm all the more phenomenal.

“Oh god, oh god,” I breathed out. Still panting and with my chest heaving, I finally started to calm down. My ass slowly fell back down on the bed. I lay limply, trying to regain my composure. My eyes were open, but not all the way. I was now feeling somewhat sleepy and had the urge to doze some more.

“Wake up,” Hiro whispered into my ear, kissing my neck. “You better be awake now!”

I grinned and looked at him, more alert now. His light brown eyes met mine and I could see the tender look in his eyes.

“There we go,” Hiro said with a smile. “Now was that so hard?”

I shrugged casually. “Nope.”

He tweaked my nipple gently and I squealed in surprise. He laughed. “Serves you right, Crew. Making me go through so much trouble just to wake you up.”

I giggled. “Would you do that for me every morning?” I joked.

“Yes,” Hiro said instantly.

“I was just kidding,” I said.

“Mmm, it might be an effective way to get you up in the morning. Waking you can be a little troublesome,” Hiro said caressing my forehead. “Shaking you and calling your name doesn’t seem to work. I think this is a good solution.”

I nudged him. “You wouldn’t! What if I wanted to sleep in?” I demanded.

“Too bad, you’re at my mercy,” Hiro said smiling. My eyes widened. He chuckled before pecking me on the lips. “But I’m also at your mercy,” he murmured against my mouth. “You have no idea, Crew,” he whispered, sucking on my neck.

I snuggled closer to him and he wrapped his arm around me.

“Crew?”

“Hmm?” I asked, too comfortable to even bother forming actual words.

“Do you plan to move back into your own house?” Hiro asked.

My eyes flew open at the random question. “What?” I asked. “Where did that come from?”

“I was just thinking,” he said and didn’t elaborate.

“Yeah?” I asked curiously.

“I asked you a question first,” he stated.

“Of course I do. I can’t live here forever. It’s not my home. I’m getting better physically and I’m getting along with everyone again, so there’s no more tension. I still have more physical therapy to get through. Mind you, to be honest,” I paused. “It’s kinda nice being here. Something is always going on or there is some kind of noise. It’s like a big house full of people, you know? There’s Sushi, Storm, his baby, and Mrs. Chin. Skyler and Zeke visit on weekends again. It’s nice to have all that. I’m almost dreading the time when I have to move back on my own,” I answered. Hiro was facing me and peering into my eyes thoughtfully. The longer it went on, however, the more self-conscious I became.

“What?” I asked, flushing slightly and blinking rapidly.

“I want to live with you,” Hiro said.

Again, my eyes widened with surprise and my mouth fell open. “Huh?”

“I love you, Crew. All that time we spent apart, well, it was agonizing,” Hiro explained. I rested my head on his chest, sighing.

“I know,” I said in a small voice. His hand gently moved across my hair.

“The time we’re spending together now is great, but I want more. It doesn’t have to be right away, but when you do move back home officially, I want to be there with you, all the time. No more crashing a few nights, but all the time,” Hiro said never breaking eye contact with me.

“Wow, that’s such a huge step,” I said to myself.

Hiro took my hand. “I know it is.”

“My mind has been pulled in so many different directions since last May. Right now, I was just focusing on being with you again. I haven’t thought ahead,” I rambled.

“Crew, we’re just discussing it. We don’t have to make specific plans if you’re not ready,” Hiro said calmly.

“I am ready!” I exclaimed, rising onto my elbow. “I was just surprised. It didn’t cross my mind, but of course I want to live with you. I mean, have you live with me. We’d be together all the time!” I said grinning. “Amazing!”

Hiro laughed and leaned over to kiss me. “My sentiments exactly.”

“So, you’d take care of me all the time, right? Wait on me hand and foot?” I asked raising my eyebrows comically. “Do whatever I asked? No matter how crazy?”

“Anything for you, baby,” Hiro said softly. I was filled with a warm feeling because I knew that he actually meant it.

“And anything for you,” I said rolling on top of him and rubbing his nose with mine. “Now go pretend to be asleep. It’s my turn to “wake” you up,” I giggled, nestling my face into the crook of his neck and inhaling deeply. I sighed with contentment.

“Are you sure you won’t be falling asleep on me again?” Hiro teased. I started kissing his chest, trailing down his smooth stomach, smiling as Hiro moaned.

“Trust me, I won’t,” I promised as I tugged on his jeans.

Copyright © 2011 Tiff; All Rights Reserved.
  • Like 6
  • Love 2
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this author. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new stories they post.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

There are no comments to display.

View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..