Jump to content
    Timothy M.
  • Author
  • 3,273 Words
  • 6,345 Views
  • 51 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

The Cardmaker and the Caretaker - 5. Chapter 5 Coming out with the truth

em>Those necessary but awkward conversations.
In case you’ve forgotten, last chapter ended with Peter saying: ‘I hope there'll be a Valentine's Day very soon, where we'll promise each other to have and to hold, to love and to cherish... forever.’

The kiss following Peter’s last statement was deep and prolonged. Patrick wanted this incredible dream to last forever. The one where he'd just had the most amazing weekend of his life, and finally being subtly proposed to by the man he loved. A little voice in his head said 'you're gonna have to breathe at some point you know', but he ignored it. Having his partner’s lips on his, arms holding each other tight, their hearts beating at the same speed was making him dizzy with joy. He couldn't get enough.

But when Peter's tongue worked its way into his mouth and a firm hand cupped one ass cheek, he broke the connection with a shuddering gasp. His lover was instantly contrite.

“I'm sorry; I got carried away for a bit there.” Peter grinned. “I forgot we're not quite married yet.”

Then he turned serious. He kept hold of Patrick's hands and looked into his eyes. “I guess we'll need to talk about this, and please don't be embarrassed.” The blue eyes hadn't missed the blush rising on the innocent man's face.

Patrick felt torn in two directions; the earnest expression of his lover calmed him but the prospect of discussing his utter lack of experience dismayed him. The supportive angel in his head tried to tell him Peter loved the idea his Valentine was pure.

But the imp soon got the upper hand. 'Yeah, I'm sure he'll love popping your cherry and knowing no other guy has tapped that tight ass. But when he finds out you've got no practice sucking a cock, no clue in spite of all the porn you've watched, your stud won't be so pleased. And he'll soon be tired of you playing untouched, nervous and reluctant, and of waiting for you to be ready.'

He wanted to reach into his own head and strangle the offensive little bastard. How dared he sully Patrick's longing for the physical lovemaking he wanted with Peter with such crude words! And they weren’t even true either. He wasn’t at all reluctant, and it was more anticipation than nerves which made his gut clench. But Peter’s voice cut off the wicked impish laughter which followed the nasty tirade.

“I know you've never been with anyone. I’m proud to be your first, and in one way you’ll be mine too, if you know what I mean,” he finished with a low chuckle.

An imp and an angel did separate dances of victory, but ended up high-fiving each other in Patrick’s head shouting ‘two cherries to pop.’

Peter waited for his boyfriend’s nod of understanding, before he went on. “But no matter how much I want us to make love we'll have to wait with actual sex. Not because of you, but because of me. I hope you can forgive me.”

The anxiety which was apparent in his voice instantly focused Patrick's attention. What did his lover mean by that?

“I want to go to a clinic and have tests to be sure I haven't got any sexually transmitted diseases. I know I don't have any of the bad ones, but I want to be certain of everything. Even though I’ve used condoms for both kinds of intercourse ever since Vibeke – and always with guys, I haven't been safe with oral sex. Now, don’t get me wrong, I haven’t been with lots of people, but still…”

He seemed determined to be brutally honest, and Patrick didn't mind. Actually, he was relieved to be handed the perfect excuse to wait, even if he longed for them to have sex.

“I don't mind, Peter. But kissing and touching is OK, isn't it?”

The man next to him smiled and nodded, and reached out for them to have another hug. However, his cell phone went off, and with an apologetic glance at Patrick, he picked it up and answered.

While Peter spoke in Danish with whoever was on the phone, Patrick decided to tidy up the tea things and get ready for bed. Even though it was only nine-thirty, he was tired. Peter was probably worn out too, and the cardmaker needed to be at the shop early tomorrow.

When he returned to the living room he heard Peter say his name. He couldn't help glancing over and the blue eyes caught him. Patrick wanted to leave, because he knew he'd be annoyed by not knowing what was said. But when his lover came over and held out his hand, he took it.

“What do you want to know, sister dear?”

Uh oh, his voice was playful but with a sharp bite. He'd only talked sparingly about his younger sister, calling her a bossy bitch and a nosy matchmaker. In spite of the harsh words he had the feeling Peter was fond of Annika, and he'd praised her for being a continuous support with Michael.

“Yes, my partner is in the room, and I'm not talking about him in Danish. Even if it means I can't be completely honest.” He grinned at Patrick, when he started to frown.

“Well, he seems to be unaware how gorgeous he is. And even though I think he's cute when he blushes, I'm not going into detail about him being handsome and kind and clever and hot.”

Another smirk, “Mainly 'cause I'm not taking the risk he'll get mad. I want to sleep in his bed tonight.”

Lots of high-pitched squeaking in the phone as Patrick went beet red.

“Well, I'm afraid it's too late. Michael is already sleeping in the middle of the bed and he expects both of us to be there when he wakes up.”

A long silence followed during which Peter bit his lip, probably to prevent himself from laughing out loud. He squeezed Patrick's hand and winked at him. His sister seemed to say something, and now the blond Viking laughed.

“It's not my fault you jump to conclusions. I distinctly recall saying sleep in his bed.” His blue eyes sparkled with mirth as he listened to a long tirade, but suddenly became intense.

“Oh yes, I'm completely serious. Patrick is the man I'm gonna spend the rest of my life with. The three days Michael and I have spent in his company are happiest I've ever had. I'm still pinching myself occasionally to be sure this wonderful guy has really agreed to marry me.”

This time the excited screams at the other end were so loud Peter winced and removed the phone from his ear. Patrick just stood there with his mouth open and the weirdest feeling in his guts. The little angel in his head was running around whooping with joy 'yes, yes, I knew it, the hunk has fallen hard, and he's yours forever'. Even the sarcastic imp seemed to find the situation funny, but for once he was able to ignore the niggling voice telling him Peter's family might not be as welcoming as he supposed.

Once it got quieter, the handsome Dane gingerly brought the phone back to his ear. He listened and replied patiently, but rolled his eyes now and then.

“I don't know when you'll meet Patrick.” A pause, “No, I can't just bring him back with me. He has a shop to take care of.” Peter again squeezed the hand he was holding.

“In any case, I'll be busy packing and sorting out everything for moving over here… Yes, I know you'll help and I'm grateful. I want to go back home as soon as possible.” A small smirk, “You know Michael will miss me, and I think Patrick will too. I'll miss them more though.”

The penny seemed to drop for him and Annika simultaneously, and Peter's voice turned smug. “Yes, that's right. Our home is here with Patrick now… No, I don't have to ask Michael, he already told me so.”

Finally, Peter managed to end the phone call with a few more assurances that he knew what he was doing and was insanely happy. He pulled Patrick in for a long hug and both men clung to each other. The silence was soothing and the closeness strengthened their bond and reduced the tension.

With a sound that was half sighing and half chuckle Peter nuzzled into his neck. “I love my sister, and she means well, but she drives me crazy sometimes. She's almost worse than my mum.”

The embrace tightened. “I love you so much. And don't worry; my family will love you too, once they see how happy you make me.”

His lover seemed to be developing an uncanny ability to work out what Patrick's devil of doubt plagued him about. But he wasn't going to complain if it shut the silly bastard in his head up. However, there was an even more intriguing matter.

“Peter, when did you and Michael talk about having your home with me?”

His hunky Viking pulled back slightly and looked at Patrick who rushed on to reassure him.

“I want that too. I'm over the moon you're staying with me. I love you both, and my home will be wherever you are.” He relished the way Peter's eyes lit up with joy at the heartfelt words.

“Well, it's not that I've told Michael about us directly. But when the hospital agreed to treat him, he knew we'd stay in London for several months. After I brushed his teeth tonight, he told me he didn't hate the idea anymore.” Peter sniffled and wiped his eyes.

“He said: 'I'm okay with doing all the nasty hospital stuff as long as I get to come home to you and Patrick in between.' He likes your house and he adores you almost as much as I do. I think he instinctively knows you're the kindest person in the whole world, and he feels safe here.”

This time Patrick initiated the hug and held his lover tight as the larger man shuddered with suppressed sobs. Just as in his vision on Valentine's Day he kissed Peter's cheek and neck, whispering comforting words in the ear hidden below soft golden hair.

Once Peter had calmed down, they sat on the sofa, and he poured out all of his worries and hopes and fears about Michael. Even if it was emotionally draining Patrick felt pleased and proud his man shared the burden weighing on his mind and heart. Wasn't this what being a partner in love and marriage meant? And the fact Peter needed his support and not just the other way round showed their relationship would be equal.

Of course this was the moment the two voices in his head joined forces again and giggled. 'It's all about giving and taking. Why don't you ask him what he wants to do first?'

Luckily, at the same time Peter shook his head and chuckled at himself, saying his sister would've been clucking and worrying about him at this stage.

“She's the only one I've had until now to confide in. But it feels so much better with you. You listen and sympathize and you understand I need you to be strong and calm. And once it's over, you don't want to go on and on, discuss every little point to bits. I don't know if it's because you're a man or just because you're you.”

“What about friends? Don’t you have a best friend you could talk to?” Surely, a nice guy like Peter would have plenty of friends, and at least a few close ones.

“I do have friends, but I didn’t want to burden them with my troubles. When I saw them, I preferred to relax and forget about my worries over Michael. And I haven’t had the energy to spend time with them in the past year, so we’ve sort of drifted apart. I’m fairly close to my cousin Kim, but he’s been abroad for a while now.”

Patrick could feel the same longing for friendship which he had had all his life. It was one of the things which had drawn him to Peter from the very beginning.

“I hope we can be best friends as well as lovers. And perhaps we can find more friends together. I don’t really have any, you know.” Interesting how easy it was to confess these secrets to Peter.

“Patrick, we became friends on the day we met, and I’m sure we’ll be best friends forever, as well as partners. Like you said, we instinctively trusted each other, and that’s the best foundation for love.”

From that point their talk developed into intimate whispers which made Patrick grow hot and turned his insides to mush, and probably did the same for Peter. But the cardmaker was smart enough to realize he craved this. He felt like an almost wilted plant which unexpectedly received a soft shower of revitalizing water and nutrients from an observant caretaker. The rain of compliments and kisses and touches and loving whispers in his ear made him unfold and recharged the part of him which had been stunted by the death of his parents.

Patrick knew he needed the love and honest approval from people he cared about in order to be fulfilled and happy as a human being. His parents had given him that every day, the unconditional love and affection, the guidance and rules and approval a child and youngster needs, and most of all acceptance and obvious pride in the man he'd become.

When he had started to read the many heart-wrenching coming out stories on the internet, he appreciated his parents even more. He'd never worried about being gay or what his parents' reaction would be. In fact, his coming out at the age of fifteen had been undramatic and quite funny, when he looked back years later.

His mother had been reading a movie review in the Sunday paper and was gushing a bit about the actor whose portrait filled a whole page. He was bare-chested and looked sexy as hell. When his mum had giggled about how hot he was, Patrick had blurted out his agreement. Her only reaction had been a stern look and the admonishment, “I think he's too old for you, dear. You should go for a guy your own age or a few years older, since you’re mature for your age.”

The next thing he knew they were having a great time discussing the merits and looks of actors, sports stars, guys in his school and the neighbourhood. His father had fled the breakfast table for his workroom, but when Patrick went up there later, nothing was different. Oh, his dad had insisted on having the safe sex talk, which was awkward and embarrassing, but he knew it was done out of caring and protectiveness. Dad had even managed to joke, “I'm glad I don't have to worry about you getting a girl pregnant by accident.”

They'd laughed, but the comment had a serious background. Just two months earlier he'd overheard his parents discuss one of his unknown cousins. At the time his dad had been furious with his sister, who according to him had neglected her responsibilities as a mother. Patrick had never heard his dad be so vicious and loudly condemning, which may have been the reason he'd stopped outside the kitchen door and eavesdropped.

“She didn't get her sixteen-year-old daughter on the pill when Fiona got a boyfriend. She didn't even bother to buy her condoms and tell her to insist her boyfriend use them if they had sex. She just told her 'not to do anything naughty before she was married'. Fucking Hell, my sister is an even bigger idiot than I thought.” He could hear the quotation marks in his dad's voice, and he wasn't surprised when the next part of the talk was about his cousin getting pregnant.

He left at that point, not wanting to spy on his parents when they discussed private things that were none of his business. He was curious of course, but it was more like idle gossip because he'd never met this unfortunate cousin. And later on he realized the distress and anger he sensed from his dad upset him to the point of nausea, making him flee the situation.

Apart from the safe sex talk a couple of months later, the knowledge stayed buried and forgotten until his parents died. After all, the fact his dad was fine with his son being attracted to guys and treated him no differently was a much more important memory. At his parents’ funeral the titbit about Fiona surfaced again, and it was actually one of the few pleasant memories Patrick had from those awful days.

He'd been introduced to a mind-numbing gaggle of relatives, most of which seemed to frown or fawn at him. Now he thought about it, he'd mostly been confronted by his parents' generation and he only had vague recollections of their various offspring. But one pretty young woman had approached him and given him a hug before he could prevent it. Afterwards he was actually glad, because the contact made him realize she was sincere.

“I'm Fiona, your cousin on your father's side. I'm very sorry about your loss. Your parents were the most generous and kind-hearted people I knew, and they helped me ten years ago, when I needed it. If you ever...” At that moment they were interrupted by the haughtiest of his aunts and he soon worked out this was Fiona's mother.

He retreated back into his shell of grief and rejection and nothing more came of the brief contact. Except he observed Fiona didn't have a child with her, so the problem of her pregnancy must have been solved one way or another.

All of these ponderings managed to keep him occupied and slightly absentminded as he agreed with Peter's suggestion of going to bed. They collected the duvet and pillow from his room, and the Dane also grabbed sets of clean clothes for himself and Michael. They took turns in the bathroom, with Patrick being last, and it was while brushing his teeth he had an epiphany.

Why had he assumed his cousins were as bad as their parents? OK, some of them had regarded him with disdain or indifference, but Fiona had been nice and he could recall younger faces looking shy and sad. They stayed in the distance, but Patrick's attitude and grief-stricken state probably hadn't encouraged them to talk to him.

Maybe, just maybe, he could get in touch with Fiona and see if she felt like meeting. If that went well, he could consider approaching a few other cousins. With Peter by his side it wouldn’t matter if some of them rejected him. He would be able to ignore disapproval from haughty aunts, and shrug off subtle – and blatant – hints of envy over his inheritance. But maybe not everyone in his estranged family felt that way? It would be satisfying if Peter wasn’t the only one in their relationship to have nice relatives.

The focus could be on finding out whether any of his cousins were worth befriending. Fiona was the most likely prospect, but hadn’t his mum spoken about one of her nephews with approval? Something about him being unusually sensitive and clever? On his father’s side there were a larger number of relatives. Fiona might know who were nice and would accept him no matter the money issues which marred his relations with their parents. Or the fact he was in a relationship with a man. A wonderful guy who made Patrick smile every time he thought of him.

I know there is a small risk of contracting HIV from oral sex, and more risk with other STDs, but using condoms for blowjobs feels strange to me, so Peter gets the same attitude.
Copyright © 2018 Timothy M.; All Rights Reserved.
  • Like 55
  • Love 10
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this story. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new chapters.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments



Peter seems to be the most perfect guy imaginable. Not only for Patrick. Switching over to English so that his lover and friend can understand - the best thing to do to win trust (and isn't it great they all speak English, too!.
And I love the idea that Patrick remembers his own family and some potentially nice relatives. Fiona seems a sure bet. Patrick impresses me when he is able to look past his own grief and realise that the funeral of his beloved parents might not be the perfect place to get to know other people.
Beautiful scenes.
Thank you for another beautiful chapter, even if Michael was only asleep during all of it.

  • Like 1
Link to comment

In a very short period of time, I have come to really enjoy my quiet Sunday mornings, watching the sun come up, the birds are beginning to announce the coming spring again, drinking a hot cup of coffee and reading the latest chapter of C&C. It's calming to my uber busy life; I can relax and enjoy the professions of trust and love between Patrick and Peter, their devotion to Michael..........and, at this moment, the the world is ok.....Lovely chapter Tim............:)Mike

  • Like 1
Link to comment

Nice chapter, Tim. I think these two will be best friends and will have a large circle of people who want to be near them. It'll be a natural thing, people will just be drawn to them. Good that Peter wants to be responsible and get tested. The wedding night will be hot, sweet and messy!

 

Thanks Tim!

  • Like 1
Link to comment

I'm really loving the devil and angel in his head/on his shoulder. 0:):devil:

 

Also, I loved the conversation with the sister. The 'sleep with' comment was pure evil.

 

Can't wait to read more :read:

 

:hug:

  • Like 2
Link to comment

You have written a sweet and lovely chapter in a wonderful story. The planets are aligning perfectly for Peter and Patrick, and it is wonderful to see happiness blossoming where there was so little before...pay out have portrayed that expertly.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
On 03/06/2016 08:55 PM, mayday said:

Peter seems to be the most perfect guy imaginable. Not only for Patrick. Switching over to English so that his lover and friend can understand - the best thing to do to win trust (and isn't it great they all speak English, too!.

And I love the idea that Patrick remembers his own family and some potentially nice relatives. Fiona seems a sure bet. Patrick impresses me when he is able to look past his own grief and realise that the funeral of his beloved parents might not be the perfect place to get to know other people.

Beautiful scenes.

Thank you for another beautiful chapter, even if Michael was only asleep during all of it.

LOL, yeah, seen through Patrick's eyes Peter is pretty perfect. As for speaking English all Danes do (after learning in school), but Peter is probaby better than average.

I'm glad you liked Patrick thinking about his relatives. I worried it might be borin, but it is important, including the fact he is able to contemplate getting in touch with one of them.

It's so sweet how you miss Michael - he'll be asleep for most of the next chapter too. ;):X

  • Like 2
Link to comment
On 03/07/2016 12:54 AM, flamingo136 said:

In a very short period of time, I have come to really enjoy my quiet Sunday mornings, watching the sun come up, the birds are beginning to announce the coming spring again, drinking a hot cup of coffee and reading the latest chapter of C&C. It's calming to my uber busy life; I can relax and enjoy the professions of trust and love between Patrick and Peter, their devotion to Michael..........and, at this moment, the the world is ok.....Lovely chapter Tim............:)Mike

Awww, Mike, that's wonderful to hear. I hope I can keep your Sunday mornings happy for quite some time. For once there is an advantage of me being six hours ahead of most GA readers. ;)

I'm glad you enjoyed this chapter too.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
On 03/07/2016 01:22 AM, Mikiesboy said:

Nice chapter, Tim. I think these two will be best friends and will have a large circle of people who want to be near them. It'll be a natural thing, people will just be drawn to them. Good that Peter wants to be responsible and get tested. The wedding night will be hot, sweet and messy!

 

Thanks Tim!

You know, I have the feeling you're right. Patrick and Peter will attract other good people like nectar does bees.

I'm glad you approve of Peter's caution, I wanted to hit the right balance between being sensible and overcautious.

I'm not sure they can wait all the way to the wedding, though. :P:*):X

  • Like 2
Link to comment
On 03/07/2016 03:55 AM, Caz Pedroso said:

I'm really loving the devil and angel in his head/on his shoulder. 0:):devil:

 

Also, I loved the conversation with the sister. The 'sleep with' comment was pure evil.

 

Can't wait to read more :read:

 

:hug:

Yay, Caz, I'm delighted you like the angel / imp pair. :D We haven't seen the last of them. ;)

I had fun doing the sister conversation. :yes: and we haven't seen the last of her either. :rolleyes:

You only have to wait a week for more. Better than my other stories, eh? :*)

  • Like 2
Link to comment
On 03/07/2016 04:12 AM, Parker Owens said:

You have written a sweet and lovely chapter in a wonderful story. The planets are aligning perfectly for Peter and Patrick, and it is wonderful to see happiness blossoming where there was so little before...pay out have portrayed that expertly.

I'm glad you liked the chapter, Parker. So far, all is falling into place for them, and they certainly deserve it. There will be future challenges, of course, but I have faith they can overcome them together. :yes:

  • Like 2
Link to comment

Another wonderful and sweet chapter Tim.. Peter is considerate and respectful and I loved that he was thoughtful about speaking English to include Patrick. It's the little things that tell. But there is so much already between them and knowing they're committed to each other allows me to enjoy them getting to know each other.
The little devil may try to rattle Patrick but he's doing a good job not letting it get to him too much.. Experienced or not, that talk is an uncomfortable but necessary evil..

 

I also like how Peter's interaction with his family, is making Patrick think more clearly about his. Hopefully, now that he has a family of his own he will be more open to explore a relationship with his relatives too..

 

Thank you Tim...

  • Like 2
Link to comment

I read this the minute it posted, I think. But I was on my way to bed, so I knew not to dare review until (1) I read it again and (2) I was more awake. So here I am. :P
It appears to me Peter is having an effect beyond the obvious romantic one. Patrick is thinking about family and friends! Peter is good for him!

 

And Peter poured out his concerns and hopes about Michael, so it seems Patrick is good for Peter beyond romance.

 

I see both as positive indications for the future relationship. So, in a way, this was a very important chapter in the story, so far. Anyway those are the dragonviews. :rolleyes:

 

Thanks for sharing this warm chapter with us Tim!

  • Like 2
Link to comment
  • Site Moderator

I have to say I am very pleased that Patrick and Peter are both mature enough to be on the same page about where their relationship is headed and how it should get there. It bodes well for the staying power of their relationship in the future.
Love the commentary and shenanigans courtesy of the angel and the imp. As for them coming to an agreement, how could they not? There is no denying Patrick and Peter are meant to be together. :D
It will be interesting to see what becomes of the family members mentioned (and spoken to in this chapter) I have a good feeling about Fiona and the as yet unnamed nephew. Peter's sister may be excitable, but I have a good feeling about her too...I am sure she always means well. As for negative forces disguised as relatives, I'm thinking there will be one or two of those as well.
Nicely done Tim. I just wish it was next Sunday already...

  • Like 2
Link to comment

"... the caretaker... " nice touch the was it was worked in. Theirs is a case of love at first sight that didn't get lost in circumstance. I'm loving Peter, and what he opens up in Patrick. He sees a whole new world full of possibilities, including family, and that's wonderful. Patrick has his safety net now, and it's nice how Peter instinctively intervenes when the angel and the imp are going at it. He calms fears before they get out of control, like he did by talking English with his sister, and letting him know he was aware of Patrick's inexperience... I loved the visual of the two voices high-fiving one another. I also loved how Peter opened up about his fears for Michael. Another great and romantic job, my friend... cheers... Gary...

  • Like 2
Link to comment

Aww!!! I can see why Patrick is in love with Peter :wub: He's so kind, sweet, and caring.I mean, he wants to get tested so he can make sure he doesn't pass on anything bad to Patrick when they take their relationship to the next level. And that talk with his sister, it was perfect :D They way he talked about his lover made my :heart: melt. And of course, Peter was also quite the tease during that phone call :gikkle: I mean he's right, his sister did read a lot into his "sleeping in his bed" comment.
I'm just so happy to see this side of Peter :) From when we first met him, it is a stark contrast to see him now.

 

On friends: It'd be amazing to not only see Peter get reacquainted with his old friends, but also see both Peter and Patrick meet new friends.
On family: Yeah, for the most part Patrick's relatives don't sound all that great, minus Fiona and the other cousin. Those two sounded wonderful and I think it'd be a delight to meet them later on. As for the rest... well, let's just say I ain't too pleased with 'em :no: Hopefully, they won't be as bad as Russel and Evan's father :unsure2:

 

On the angel and the imp: I love them! Although between you and me, the imp should know that practicing makes perfect, lol :rolleyes:

 


Thank you Tim for another fantastic chapter of PPC! :hug:

  • Like 2
Link to comment

I keep forgetting that they've only known each other for a few days. The connection has rooted so deeply.

  • Like 3
Link to comment
On 03/08/2016 08:27 AM, dughlas said:

I keep forgetting that they've only known each other for a few days. The connection has rooted so deeply.

Thanks, dugh, I'm :D to know you're able to find time to read. LOL, I keep forgetting the short time too, so I have to keep a list of the days and which chapters take place when. Love the plant analogy. ;)

  • Like 2
Link to comment
On 03/07/2016 09:06 PM, tonyt said:

This is a really beautiful story .thank you

Hope both of them find happiness

Thank you for reading and reviewing, I love hearing from my readers - and I'm delighted you like the story. I'll do my best to provide happiness for Patrick and Peter while keeping the story believable.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
On 03/07/2016 07:44 AM, Defiance19 said:

Another wonderful and sweet chapter Tim.. Peter is considerate and respectful and I loved that he was thoughtful about speaking English to include Patrick. It's the little things that tell. But there is so much already between them and knowing they're committed to each other allows me to enjoy them getting to know each other.

The little devil may try to rattle Patrick but he's doing a good job not letting it get to him too much.. Experienced or not, that talk is an uncomfortable but necessary evil..

 

I also like how Peter's interaction with his family, is making Patrick think more clearly about his. Hopefully, now that he has a family of his own he will be more open to explore a relationship with his relatives too..

 

Thank you Tim...

Thank you, Def, I'm glad you liked the chapter. Considerate and respectful are good words to describe Peter, he will do his best to never hurt his best friend and lover. I think they are also enjoying getting to know each other. ;)

Indeed, Patrick will slowly better at handling the small devil in his mind. And while he may feel uncomfortable, he will face up to all the challenges of this relationship, because he knows it's worth it. :yes:

Good point on Peter inspiring Patrick to think about his own family. More on that later.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
On 03/07/2016 07:57 AM, skinnydragon said:

I read this the minute it posted, I think. But I was on my way to bed, so I knew not to dare review until (1) I read it again and (2) I was more awake. So here I am. :P

It appears to me Peter is having an effect beyond the obvious romantic one. Patrick is thinking about family and friends! Peter is good for him!

 

And Peter poured out his concerns and hopes about Michael, so it seems Patrick is good for Peter beyond romance.

 

I see both as positive indications for the future relationship. So, in a way, this was a very important chapter in the story, so far. Anyway those are the dragonviews. :rolleyes:

 

Thanks for sharing this warm chapter with us Tim!

I love hearing the dragonviews. :D Thanks for sharing your thoughts with me (us) - and they're good ones too.

Indeed, the influence of Peter's love is not only romantic and :P but in several other aspects of Patrick's life, as will be shown in coming chapters. :X

I didn't describe it in detail, but the part where Peter poured out all his worries for Michael, was important for both of them and the balance in their relationship. They both feel the other man contributes the most, but soon they'll know it's all a matter of give and take in equal measure. :yes:;):P

  • Like 2
Link to comment
On 03/07/2016 10:01 AM, Reader1810 said:

I have to say I am very pleased that Patrick and Peter are both mature enough to be on the same page about where their relationship is headed and how it should get there. It bodes well for the staying power of their relationship in the future.

Love the commentary and shenanigans courtesy of the angel and the imp. As for them coming to an agreement, how could they not? There is no denying Patrick and Peter are meant to be together. :D

It will be interesting to see what becomes of the family members mentioned (and spoken to in this chapter) I have a good feeling about Fiona and the as yet unnamed nephew. Peter's sister may be excitable, but I have a good feeling about her too...I am sure she always means well. As for negative forces disguised as relatives, I'm thinking there will be one or two of those as well.

Nicely done Tim. I just wish it was next Sunday already...

Thanks, Reader, it's a great compliment when you can't wait to read more. I'm glad you like the imp and the angel, they sort of popped into the story (and my head) without me having a chance to refuse. In fact, they're even demanding their own story! :o I may have to write that once Patrick has managed to kick them out of his head. :lol:

Yes, the family aspect is definitely going to be an important part of the story. I think your feelings are pretty accurate, but I don't know yet. :unsure:

  • Like 2
Link to comment
On 03/07/2016 12:59 PM, Headstall said:

"... the caretaker... " nice touch the was it was worked in. Theirs is a case of love at first sight that didn't get lost in circumstance. I'm loving Peter, and what he opens up in Patrick. He sees a whole new world full of possibilities, including family, and that's wonderful. Patrick has his safety net now, and it's nice how Peter instinctively intervenes when the angel and the imp are going at it. He calms fears before they get out of control, like he did by talking English with his sister, and letting him know he was aware of Patrick's inexperience... I loved the visual of the two voices high-fiving one another. I also loved how Peter opened up about his fears for Michael. Another great and romantic job, my friend... cheers... Gary...

Thanks, buddy - :D on noticing the caretaker role woven into the story. I'm glad the romance still works for you. You're spot on about both of them instinctively knowing what the other man needs, whether it's calming fears or being a safety net allowing them to dare more. I promise no pomp or circumstance will keep them apart. :lol:

  • Like 2
Link to comment
On 03/07/2016 03:07 PM, Drew Espinosa said:

Aww!!! I can see why Patrick is in love with Peter :wub: He's so kind, sweet, and caring.I mean, he wants to get tested so he can make sure he doesn't pass on anything bad to Patrick when they take their relationship to the next level. And that talk with his sister, it was perfect :D They way he talked about his lover made my :heart: melt. And of course, Peter was also quite the tease during that phone call :gikkle: I mean he's right, his sister did read a lot into his "sleeping in his bed" comment.

I'm just so happy to see this side of Peter :) From when we first met him, it is a stark contrast to see him now.

 

On friends: It'd be amazing to not only see Peter get reacquainted with his old friends, but also see both Peter and Patrick meet new friends.

On family: Yeah, for the most part Patrick's relatives don't sound all that great, minus Fiona and the other cousin. Those two sounded wonderful and I think it'd be a delight to meet them later on. As for the rest... well, let's just say I ain't too pleased with 'em :no: Hopefully, they won't be as bad as Russel and Evan's father :unsure2:

 

On the angel and the imp: I love them! Although between you and me, the imp should know that practicing makes perfect, lol :rolleyes:

 

 

Thank you Tim for another fantastic chapter of PPC! :hug:

OMG thank you, Drew, for a fantastic and comprehensive review. :hug: I'm not sure I can reply to every part, but I'll try.

I'm very happy you like the playful side of Peter. We haven't seen this so much before now, but in fact Patrick is not the only one to be freed from old hurts and restraints by love. Great job on pointing out the new improved Dane. ;)

Your thoughts on friends and family are very clever and that's all i'm gonna say fr now. :X

Yay on loving the angel/imp team, they're such fun to write. I try not to let them take over, though, but they're quite noisy sidekicks. :lol:

  • Like 2
Link to comment

I've admired Peter since I first read this story, and I admire him even more now. He may love Patrick, but he's also practical about taking their love to a physical level. Besides the fact that he realizes Patrick is inexperienced and needs time, Peter also wants to make sure he protects his lover by being tested first. He knows Patrick so well after only a short period of time that I can only see their relationship becoming closer. I also loved that he switched to English when talking to his sister. It's a small thing but it was respectful of Patrick's feelings. You're making it tough to choose between your two hot Danes, Peter and Jacob ;)
I've been going on about Peter, but I do adore Patrick as well. It takes a special man.. a special person... to take a man and a child he just met, into his own and make them feel welcome. It's not always easy to connect with children and Patrick has done everything he can to make sure Michael is happy and comfortable. It's an amazing thing to do for a single man with no experience with kids.
You've created two men who complement and enhance each other. It makes for some great reading :)

  • Like 3
Link to comment

View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..