Jump to content
    Timothy M.
  • Author
  • 3,724 Words
  • 6,166 Views
  • 40 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

The Cardmaker and the Caretaker - 7. Chapter 7 After the Famine, a Feast

em>Friendly banter and family fun.
We finally meet the dreaded Moster. Don’t forget to read the last footnote of the previous chapter to understand the start of this chapter.

Beginning a new day in a family embrace in the kitchen with Michael in the middle and his dad smiling tenderly at both of them filled Patrick with joy. The young boy was still babbling on in Danish, and he caught various distorted versions of his name.

“Jeg kan kalde ham pap-Patrick. Pappatrick, Pappa-trick, ej Pappa. Er det OK, tror du, far?” [1]

Peter’s smile was delighted. ”Papa betyder far på fransk og engelsk, så jeg er helt sikker på, det er OK.[2] Patrick, Michael wants to know if he can call you Papa?”

Patrick was speechless but managed to nod and was rewarded by two small arms wrapping around his neck and a soft voice in his ear saying ‘Papa’ then giggling.

The young boy squirmed to get down, grabbed his juice and disappeared while singing along to the tune announcing his favourite cartoon starting on the TV. This suited the two men fine and let them indulge in more kissing and exchanging quiet words of love. Peter expressed both their minds on Michael’s announcement.

“I’m very happy Michael wants to call you Papa, and I guess you’re pleased too.”

“Pleased isn’t the word, delighted, amazed, overwhelmed, is more like it. How can he accept all of this so easily?”

“Accept what? Us being together or you being his new dad?”

“Both, I suppose, but mostly the fact he seems to think nothing of his dad being with a man. Have you…discussed this with him?”

“In general terms, yes, but I haven’t told him about me in specific. There’s been no need before now. However, I know a few same-sex couples, and when Michael saw two of the guys kissing he asked why. I told him boys could be kærester, sweethearts, with girls or boys.”

“What did he say?” From the twinkle in Peter’s eyes, he had the feeling it was funny.

“He said: ‘Yuk, girls. I think I’d like a boy better.’ But then, we’d just spent Christmas with my sister and her oldest girl really annoyed Michael.”

He wasn’t sure which information was most important to react to, but decided to ask about his future family-in-law.

“Your sister has a daughter?”

“Two, actually. One who is seven and one four-year-old. Victoria is one month older than Michael.”

Peter hesitated, and then shrugged. “It’s one of the reasons I’m indebted to Annika, she breastfed my son along with her own daughter for six months. I guess you could say they are milk-siblings.”

He didn’t need his special sense to feel the tension in his partner. Hugging him closer and whispering, “You’re a great dad and a wonderful caretaker for Michael. I love both of you,” seemed the right thing to do.

“Annika…she wanted…she thought it would be best if I let her have Michael. She wanted to adopt him. Give him the family and home I couldn’t provide.” The anger with a hint of bitterness rolled off him, but it was mixed with love and understanding for a sibling who cared and meant well. “My mother agreed, but Moster Grethe supported me.”

“Oh Peter, as if you could ever give up your own son. But surely that’s all in the past now?”

“My brother-in-law managed to convince Annika she could be a part of Michael’s care without adopting him. It’s one of the few times he’s stood up to her, and I’m still grateful for that. Niels told me he would have said yes, if I had asked them, but he intended to respect my wishes and would make his wife do the same. They haven’t brought it up since.”

“He sounds like a good guy.” Patrick didn’t miss the implication of him stressing the word ‘they.’ Apparently, other people, most probably Peter’s mother, hadn’t shown the same restraint.

“Yeah, he’s OK; and he loves his daughters. They can wind him around their little fingers, especially the oldest. She’s is very much like my sister.”

Patrick decided to bring the conversation back to a more cheerful topic. “So, Michael is cool about the idea of us being a couple.”

“Oh yeah, all he cares about is me being happy. He wouldn’t say it that way, but I’m sure he notices. Calling you Papa shows he loves you too, you know.”

“It’s mutual, and I’d love to be his Papa for real.” They shared a long, loving kiss. “But I guess we should talk about this later. I really must get to work soon.”

“Of course, we have all the time in the world. Michael and I aren’t going anywhere; you’re stuck with us from now on.”

“Yes, I guess I managed to catch myself the perfect caretaker for my heart, my house, and my life.”

“And your body. I’m gonna enjoy taking very good care of that.” Warm hands tracking all over his back and his ass together with another hungry kiss emphasized his lover’s promise.

***

Patrick floated all the way in a cloud of infatuation. Not even the fact he’d agreed to meet the dreaded Moster for dinner could dampen his spirits. Luckily, few customers came by during the initial hours, and the besotted cardmaker actually managed to sort out his shop.

The first important visitors arrived at half past twelve and they happened to be his favourite couple. John was chatting away even as he approached Patrick; his tall, dark husband following quietly with an indulgent smile.

“Hi Patrick, we have a tricky task for you. Tony’s mum will be sixty and…”

The curly redhead stopped abruptly and stared at him with his mouth open. They’d caught him daydreaming while looking at photos of Peter and Michael which he’d printed from his camera and hung around his work place. During the seconds of stunned silence a slight blush developed on his cheeks, but he tried to stay calm.

John soon recovered and to Patrick’s consternation he was enveloped in an exuberant hug.

“Oh my God, I’m so happy for you. We’ve wondered, but we weren’t sure, even though Tony normally has excellent gaydar. But I can see you’re in love, you’re practically glowing. Oh and what a hunk, and he has a cute son too, wow, how lucky can you be. Do tell…” his husband’s hand on one shoulder made him falter for a moment, “…I mean only if you want to, of course, but we’re delighted you’ve finally found someone.”

Anthony caught Patrick’s eye and nodded, with one of his rare smiles showing he agreed with his excited spouse.

The next half hour was spent telling the story of the past few days, with John almost swooning over the romance of it all. Surprisingly reassuring, but Patrick was even happier by having Anthony accepting every statement. He expected the serious lawyer to be sceptical and cautious but he listened calmly and only offered words of congratulations and support.

When Patrick finally managed to voice his own worry about the shortness of their whirlwind relationship and possible difficulties ahead, including monetary issues, Anthony was surprisingly relaxed.

“Patrick, there’re several ways to solve this, and I’d be happy to help. But you need to tell Peter as soon as possible and be honest with him. I know the company he’s going to work for; they only employ the best and they pay accordingly. His salary will probably exceed yours by a significant amount, so I suspect he’ll be pleased the reverse is the case in relation to capital fortune. The main factor is your house. He’ll save a lot of money not having to rent or buy a flat, thus increasing his disposable income. Have you thought about decreasing your shop hours?”

Patrick nodded, and both of them gave him pleased smiles. Their sincere wishes for his new relationship to be a success and for him to have a life and love apart from card making coloured every word, gesture and look. In addition, the tendrils of a future friendship were growing from the sharing of confidence and trust, and something prompted him to acknowledge this opportunity.

“Would you be interested in coming over for dinner one night? Meet Peter and Michael and maybe his aunt too. Or we could go out for a meal, if she can babysit.”

“Certainly, we’d be delighted, wouldn’t we, John?”

“Absolutely. I’m always happy to get together with good-looking guys,” the redhead teased.

“And you’ve had a thing about Vikings since you were a boy, haven’t you?” Anthony teased back. “As half Irish you should hate Norsemen, but nooo. Instead, you dreamed of a muscular guy slinging you over his shoulder, carrying you off and having his way with you. Repeatedly.”

“That was my sister’s silly idea, not mine, and you know it.”

“But you liked it, babe.”

“Shut up or I may reveal your favourite teen fantasy. A lot kinkier than mine, that’s for sure.”

“Oh, I guess we all go through a phase of absurd, but pleasant daydreams, particularly if you don’t get any real action. Though, I suppose teenagers find plenty of substitutes on the Internet these days.” Patrick wasn’t going to admit he’d been doing the same until recently. He was enjoying the casual banter of his new friends, happy they felt able to relax and joke in his presence.

“Lord, yes. I sure wish I had access to some of my favourite sites back then,” John sighed.

“I’m not certain all of them would have been legal for you to visit.”

“Once a lawyer, always a lawyer.” The redhead rolled his eyes. “You should be glad Peter is doing something completely different.”

Patrick grinned, “I am, though in his case I suppose you could say, once a teacher, always a teacher, even if he coaches adults and not children.”

“Hmm, I may have to hint to the senior partners we could do with one or two leadership courses and direct them to the Mannaz homepage.” John joked, but Patrick thought the dark-haired man was half-way serious.

Patrick promised to get back to them with a date and time for the proposed dinner. After sorting out the proper card for a lady who felt bad about getting old in years when she was young in mind, Anthony and John left with a handshake and a hug.

The rest of the afternoon passed quickly with a steady but scattered arrival of customers. Around six o’clock the cardmaker got ready to close the shop for a couple of hours. His nervousness at the approaching meeting with Moster Grethe returned and he almost wanted to text Peter and cancel. But before the imp in his head could trigger a stupid reaction with his teasing, his partner arrived with his family. All of them were carrying various bags and boxes giving off delicious smells.

“We have brought dinner here rather than go out. Michael prefers to be in your shop, so I hope you don’t mind.” Peter said as he unloaded his parcels on a table and came over to kiss his surprised lover.

Patrick shot a quick look at his other visitors but there was no way he could refuse the hug and short but heartfelt kiss. He had missed Peter all day and basked in the light of his presence. Peter’s obvious need of touching and his eager lips were the answers to Patrick’s own cravings for love and acceptance.

When he returned to awareness of his surroundings, Michael and the woman were engrossed in laying out the feast. They chatted quietly in Danish, and the young boy proudly gestured and explained.

“He’s telling her how nice your shop is and all the fun he had decorating Easter eggs.”

At the sound of Peter’s voice the woman turned and smiled at them. She said something to Michael, who immediately took her hand and dragged her over to meet Patrick.

“Se bare, Moster, fars Valentin kæreste, og min pap-Patrick.[3] Papa, dis is Moster Grethe.”

By now he was familiar with most of the Danish words, and he knew he’d been introduced as Daddy’s Valentine boyfriend and Michael’s papa. The boy’s struggle to say at least some words in English was cute, and he resolved to help him master the th sound.

Peter kept his arm around him, as he shook the hand of the woman, who struck him as both kind and efficient. Not surprising for a retired nurse, but the way she’d managed to organize the food and let them have a private moment without even a trace of resentment for being ignored was astounding. She greeted him so cheerfully he didn’t even feel ashamed of his impolite distraction.

Moster Grethe was tall but graceful, obviously fit for her age, which he knew was 65 years. Her hair was almost white and her face still retained some of the beauty which her daughter had inherited according to Peter. Her smile was genuine and her greeting warm.

“I’m so glad to meet you, Patrick. Michael has talked about you and your shop the whole day, and I can see why you’ve captured my nephew’s heart. I hope you don’t mind us eating here. Like Michael I’m not fond of restaurants, and he should take a nap soon.”

“I feel the same way, and you’re very welcome in my shop. I hope you’ll consider staying in the house with us, but if you prefer to have your own place, I’m sure we can work something out.”

Patrick’s offer surprised himself as well as Peter and Moster Grethe. But his intuition told him this woman was the exact opposite of his own awful aunts. She cared about people and their feelings, and he felt comfortable in her company. Even when she started teasing her nephew after they’d eaten dinner, tidied up and persuaded Michael to take a rest on the sofa.

“I had a couple of interesting phone calls late last night and early this morning. Your sister called me twice Sunday, and my sister called me while I was waiting at the airport. Both of them insisted I discover where and when you’re getting married. As well as telling me to find out everything about your boyfriend. The whole family is going crazy over the fact you’ve finally fallen in love. I even had Kim send me an email from Tokyo asking me if the rumour was true.”

She sighed, but there was a twinkle in her eye.

“At least I can tell them you’ve managed to score a handsome man, who cares about Michael and is polite and welcoming to other members of the family. Why can’t my son Kim meet someone like you, Patrick?”

Luckily, Peter intervened before he died from embarrassment.

“Moster, you know Kim isn’t gay, don’t you? He’s not even bisexual like me.”

“But he’s never had a girlfriend, and I did catch you two together.”

This time Peter was the one to blush. “I’m never gonna live that down, am I? Look, have you thought about who was doing what, when you came in the room?”

She shook her head.

“OK, let me be blunt. There’s a good reason I performed oral on Kim and not the other way round. He got to close his eyes and imagine the blond bimbo with the big boobs next door, and I could think about her older brother. I fancied him, but he was straight too. Not that this prevented him from saying yes to a blowjob once I got up the nerve to suggest it.”

Peter was smirking at the stunned expression on his aunt’s face.

“So there’s the difference, Moster. Guys who like to give orally and receive anally are definitely on the gay side of the spectrum. Guys who go the other way can be either gay or straight. And Kim is most definitely straight. As far as I know he’s never done anything else with a man but the fooling around he and I did as teenagers.”

“But he’s never had a girlfriend.”

She seemed bewildered more than annoyed. But when Peter slapped his face with his open palm, Moster Grethe winked at Patrick, who bit his lip not to laugh.

“Ehm, that’s probably because he’s a nerd and shy. I mean, I like my cousin, but you have to admit he’s not the best in social settings. And I’ve never seen anyone who’s worse when it comes to flirting with girls.”

He smirked again. “Why do you think we used to go out together? I’d do the chasing and Kim would hover in the background and hope one of the girls took pity.”

At first, Patrick was somewhat appalled by the conversation, but gradually he realized Peter had managed to divert Moster Grethe’s attention completely. It gave him time to compose himself. As they continued to talk about Kim, he got the impression the clever lady was using the opportunity to dig for information which had eluded her in the past.

“I admit I used to wonder if he had a touch of Asperger’s. But he’s older now and doing better. Surely, some women can appreciate my son’s good points?”

He felt the genuine sadness of the older woman, the sort of worry a loving mother has for her son. Would his mother have felt the same, if she’d seen him going through life alone? He hoped she’d rejoice in his good fortune in meeting Peter and Michael. He even allowed a tiny hope of Moster Grethe extending the motherly feelings she so obviously had towards her nephew, to himself.

“Well, Kim’s recent job transfer to Japan might do the trick. He has all the assets which traditionally attract women in Asia – and most of them will score points with their parents as well. He’s educated, has a good job, is kind and polite, keeps quiet and shows few emotions in public, and when he bothers to dress well and keep fit, he’s quite good-looking. Oh and once a woman gives him a chance, she’ll learn of another impressive feature, which might be decisive.”

He leaned over and whispered in Patrick’s ear. “Kim’s hung like a horse.”

Of course he managed to time his remark to the moment Patrick took a drink of water. Moments later the cardmaker was sputtering and trying to get his breath back. He had barely avoided doing the classic spray-your-drink-all-over-the-table mishap, but only by swallowing and getting water down the wrong way.

To his chagrin Moster Grethe leapt up to help and scolded Peter while insisting on being told what he’d said. The commotion woke Michael, who was whiny and demanded his dad’s attention. Once Patrick had been sorted, he called a cab and suggested they head home.

“You’re welcome to spend the evening at the house, Grethe.” She’d been adamant he should use her first name. “Peter has a key and knows where everything is, but otherwise he can call me. We can make more plans tomorrow morning, if you come over for a late breakfast.”

“Thank you, I’d like that. The hotel is fine for sleeping, but your house is hyggeligt – cosy and comfortable.” The Danish word she used was familiar, as Peter had already tried to explain the concept of hygge.

When Michael caught on to the fact Patrick meant to stay at the shop, his voice got teary, and Peter looked beseechingly at his lover. Moster Grethe went over and put the boy on her lap and said something which made him shut up and stare hopefully at Patrick. The cardmaker knew he’d just had his first taste of the issue Anthony had raised.

Peter came over and embraced him, and the decision was made before he spoke. “Is there any way you can close the shop for tonight and come home with us? I’m sorry about asking, but…”

“Never hesitate to ask. I love you and I love Michael, and I’ve already made up my mind to change my opening hours. My customers will have to adapt. Family comes first. You are the most important people in my life right now.”

The kiss this little speech earned him was enough to make his head spin and his knees turn to jelly. Two familiar figures popped into his head, while he was trying to recover and get his raging erection under control.

‘I’m so proud of you. You made the right choices, especially telling your man how you felt.’ He smiled into the broad chest of his boyfriend, as always feeling safe and loved when they embraced. Nice to know his supportive angel approved.

Naturally, the dare devil took a different approach. ‘If you’d been alone, I bet your Viking would have ravished you right then. Laid you on the shop counter and sucked your cock, or bent you over the sofa and fucked the hell out of you. Does the idea turn you on? Having sex in your shop?’

By now he knew how to deal with his inner pest. His silent reply, “Sure. All kinds of sex with him turn me on, but I think doing him outside will be even more fun,” caused another impish implosion, leaving Patrick and the angel high-fiving each other mentally.

As the couple let go of each other, they immediately looked over at Michael. The young boy was smiling triumphantly and letting Moster Grethe bundle him up in coat, scarf, hat and gloves. He was clearly unfazed by the sight of his dad kissing and hugging another man. Were all Danish children brought up to be tolerant of same-sex couples, or was Michael special because they had talked about this? Or perhaps he really did sense Patrick made his dad as happy as Peter made him? He was grateful no matter what.

He finished the last part of his closing up routine as the cab arrived. While his family got into the car, he hung up the sign advising customers to call him, as the shop was closed for the day, and locked the door. It was such a novel but delightful feeling, to look forward to leaving the shop and going home.



[1] I can call him pap-Patrick. Pappatrick, Pappa-trick, nah Pappa. Do you think that’ll be OK, Daddy?

[2] Papa means Daddy in French and English, so I’m certain it’ll be OK.

[3] See here Moster, Daddy’s Valentine sweetheart and my pap-Patrick.

I hope you liked Moster Grethe, who is inspired by two of my relatives.
Copyright © 2018 Timothy M.; All Rights Reserved.
  • Like 61
  • Love 12
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this story. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new chapters.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments



New friends and a new auntie, making changes in his life - lots of new for Patrick. Very nice chapter.

 

tim

  • Like 3
Link to comment
  • Site Moderator

New family, new friends....Patrick's world is getting bigger and better with this lot in his life.
Moster Grethe is a lovely woman and I can see her filling one of the hole's in Patrick's heart quite easily.

  • Like 3
Link to comment

Feast after the famine, indeed. After being alone for so long Patrick not only has a man but a family now. Although the family feeling permeated the entire chapter, my favourite line was "Family comes first. You are the most important people in my life right now." Even Moster Grethe sounds like she's going to become an important part of Patrick's life. II am a little worried about how interfering Peter's mother and sister are going to be, but until I see otherwise, I will choose to believe they're going to be happy and supportive now that Peter and Michael have who loves them in their lives, just as Moster Grethe has been.

  • Like 3
Link to comment

Thanks Tim!

 

A lovely and loving chapter filling out Patrick's life yet more. And he survived the dreaded Moster! ;)

 

The addition of the pair of friends, John and Tony, won't hurt the future family either.

  • Like 3
Link to comment

Patrick is finally beginning his own life ... a new family and new friends. I delight that Patrick recognizes how quickly this has happened for him but takes solace from his friends approval and joy.

  • Like 4
Link to comment
On 03/21/2016 12:40 AM, Mikiesboy said:

New friends and a new auntie, making changes in his life - lots of new for Patrick. Very nice chapter.

 

tim

Thank you for he first review on this chapter, it made me relax and stop worrying about whether my readers were still on board with the development of the story.

Yes, Patrick are embracing a lot of new things in his life, and I think all of it is good so far.

  • Like 3
Link to comment
On 03/21/2016 01:53 AM, Reader1810 said:

New family, new friends....Patrick's world is getting bigger and better with this lot in his life.

Moster Grethe is a lovely woman and I can see her filling one of the hole's in Patrick's heart quite easily.

I hadn't thought about Patrick's world getting bigger and including new stuff before you and tim mentioned it, but I like the idea of describing his unfolding that way. I saw it as him opening the door and letting love and people in.

Your inuition is faultless as always, Reader. Moster Grethe will indeed fill an empty space in Patrick's life and heart.

  • Like 3
Link to comment
On 03/21/2016 02:47 AM, LitLover said:

Feast after the famine, indeed. After being alone for so long Patrick not only has a man but a family now. Although the family feeling permeated the entire chapter, my favourite line was "Family comes first. You are the most important people in my life right now." Even Moster Grethe sounds like she's going to become an important part of Patrick's life. II am a little worried about how interfering Peter's mother and sister are going to be, but until I see otherwise, I will choose to believe they're going to be happy and supportive now that Peter and Michael have who loves them in their lives, just as Moster Grethe has been.

You are the eternal optimist, LL. ;) But with good instincts. We shall see which of your predictions will come true. :X

But the bit about Moster Grethe being supportive and an important part of Patrick's life is spot on. :yes:

I loved the quote you chose for the chapter, it was indeed a crucial one. Patrick has a family now and he knows exactly how much that means.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
On 03/21/2016 03:34 AM, skinnydragon said:

Thanks Tim!

 

A lovely and loving chapter filling out Patrick's life yet more. And he survived the dreaded Moster! ;)

 

The addition of the pair of friends, John and Tony, won't hurt the future family either.

You're welcome, dragon. :kiss:

Yes, Parick's life and heart are becoming full indeed, and he deserves it after those empty years. As you say getting friends too is an important step.

The dreaded Moster, LOL, she was actually awesome, right? :lol:

  • Like 3
Link to comment
On 03/21/2016 11:06 AM, dughlas said:

Patrick is finally beginning his own life ... a new family and new friends. I delight that Patrick recognizes how quickly this has happened for him but takes solace from his friends approval and joy.

Thanks dugh, I relish delighting you. :hug:

I love how everyone embrace the importance of Patrick getting family and friends, embarking on a new life. He may feel overwhelmed and even scared at times, but he doesn't hold back. Having the approval and good wishes of people he likes is a help, though, as you point out, a sort of reality check.

  • Like 3
Link to comment

*Raises glass* Cheers to Patrick's new life with a wonderful family and great friends! :D :D :D

 

John and Anthony: I love 'em! Especially John, he's just so exuberant, and to be honest, I would have loved to see Patrick's face when John gave him that big hug :gikkle: As for Anthony, he is quite the opposite of his partner, more quiet and calm. I wonder what it was like when they first met, it was probably explosive :lol: but opposites do attract, and since I have a soft spot for such couples I know they'll end up being my favorite couple in this story other than Patrick and Peter :yes:

 

Moster Grethe: She's awesome! :D I love her sense of humor, especially when she wished her own straight son had found a man like Patrick, much to Patrick's embarrassment :lmao: but, Peter came to the rescue and the resulting discussion just made my day. My favorite part was when Peter told Patrick that Kim was "hung like a horse" as Patrick was drinking some water. :rofl:

 

Tim, thank you so much for another great chapter! :hug:

  • Like 3
Link to comment
On 03/22/2016 07:26 AM, Drew Espinosa said:

*Raises glass* Cheers to Patrick's new life with a wonderful family and great friends! :D :D :D

 

John and Anthony: I love 'em! Especially John, he's just so exuberant, and to be honest, I would have loved to see Patrick's face when John gave him that big hug :gikkle: As for Anthony, he is quite the opposite of his partner, more quiet and calm. I wonder what it was like when they first met, it was probably explosive :lol: but opposites do attract, and since I have a soft spot for such couples I know they'll end up being my favorite couple in this story other than Patrick and Peter :yes:

 

Moster Grethe: She's awesome! :D I love her sense of humor, especially when she wished her own straight son had found a man like Patrick, much to Patrick's embarrassment :lmao: but, Peter came to the rescue and the resulting discussion just made my day. My favorite part was when Peter told Patrick that Kim was "hung like a horse" as Patrick was drinking some water. :rofl:

 

Tim, thank you so much for another great chapter! :hug:

SKÅL to you too, Drew, for a great review. :D

I'm glad you like John and Anthony, I promise they will feature in subsequent chapters. I may have to write the story of how they met and fell in love, jus for you. ;)

I'm delighted you liked the talk about Kim, I had such fun writing it. I've always waned to do a spraying-water-all-over-the-place scene, and this was the closest I could get. :rofl:

  • Like 2
Link to comment

I see you worked 'caretaker' in again(twice) to a lovely chapter. Michael stole my heart once more, and Peter is full of surprises with how open he is. Patrick appears to have it all now, complete with a new extended family. I loved that Michael wanted to call him 'Papa' already... and it appears that little boy is used to getting his way. Great introduction of Anthony and John. That happens when you're in a relationship... you automatically get 'couple' friends. Well done, my friend, and good job exploding the 'imp'... cheers... Gary....

  • Like 2
Link to comment
On 03/23/2016 01:11 PM, Headstall said:

I see you worked 'caretaker' in again(twice) to a lovely chapter. Michael stole my heart once more, and Peter is full of surprises with how open he is. Patrick appears to have it all now, complete with a new extended family. I loved that Michael wanted to call him 'Papa' already... and it appears that little boy is used to getting his way. Great introduction of Anthony and John. That happens when you're in a relationship... you automatically get 'couple' friends. Well done, my friend, and good job exploding the 'imp'... cheers... Gary....

I loved that you noticed the caretaker moments, Gary, I hope they felt natural. Glad you enjoyed some Michael time after his absence in the previous chapters. I know I've done well with him when you fatherly heart is touched. He is a bit spoiled, true, but not in a bad way I think.

Anthony and John would probably have liked to be Patrick's friends even before he became part of a couple, but this was their first opportunity to established a connection. I'm pleased you like them, as they will return in later chapters.

:lol: I love causing impish implosions. :yes:

  • Like 2
Link to comment

I really liked John, Tony, and the aunt.

 

Meeting family can be nerve racking, it was good to see them all getting on.

 

Will look forward to the next chapter.

 

:hug:

  • Like 3
Link to comment
On 03/23/2016 09:18 PM, Caz Pedroso said:

I really liked John, Tony, and the aunt.

 

Meeting family can be nerve racking, it was good to see them all getting on.

 

Will look forward to the next chapter.

 

:hug:

Thanks, Caz, I'm glad you liked them, I did too. Of course this is not the end of meeting family - and making friends, but you'll have to wait a few chapters for more of this. :X:lol: But Moster Grethe will be present in the next chapter. :yes:

  • Like 2
Link to comment

Family comes first. I could not be happier for Patrick. How full his life must feel now, with new love, family and friends. Michael is so great. Kids adapt and accept so easily and he obviously trusts what he sees between his dad and Patrick..
Moster turned out to be great and wonderful and also accepting of Patrick..

 

Thanks for a great chapter Tim..

  • Like 2
Link to comment
On 03/24/2016 11:24 AM, Defiance19 said:

Family comes first. I could not be happier for Patrick. How full his life must feel now, with new love, family and friends. Michael is so great. Kids adapt and accept so easily and he obviously trusts what he sees between his dad and Patrick..

Moster turned out to be great and wonderful and also accepting of Patrick..

 

Thanks for a great chapter Tim..

Yeah, I think Patrick is happy, getting love and a new family and friends, and it's not hard to get his priorities right.

I'm glad everyone likes Michael and the way he takes things in his stride. I'm not much of a kids' person myself, but it's one of the things I appreciate about very young children: their resilience and intuition. Michael feels safe and loved, more than he ever has before, and he knows Patrick is the reason his dad is happy. So Patrick is a daddy-like guy, and when Peter says Papa means daddy, it all falls into place for the boy.

Yep, Moster is a wonderful woman. :yes:

  • Like 2
Link to comment
On 06/17/2016 04:05 PM, Arazon said:

What a weekend, Patrick's life has really turned around! I'm not worried about Peter learning of the money, that other chapter indicated he's not that type of guy. He paid for things and kept it equal, which I imagine he'll probably be like with a lot of things. Fun bantering, I'm curious about Anthony's teen fantasy lol! Moster Grethe was cool and I got a chuckle with the way she worried about her son. Peter's certainly a honest man! Michael wanting to call Patrick papa was sweet...I do hope he's going to be okay...

yeah, Patrick's life has almost been turned upside down, but he's happy about it. All Peter cares about is what benefits his son and their relationship. Money can help in many ways, but love and caring is more important. And Michael's acceptance of Patrick as papa would have clinched the deal, no matter what. Both Danes have good instincts.

Glad you liked Moster Grethe, she does worry about her son, but she also likes to tease her nephew and is a bit nosy too. Nothing bad, but she has been wondering about Kim.

Anthony's teen fantay, I'd forgotten about that. I'll have to come back to it in a later chapter. ;)

  • Like 2
Link to comment

(Did I review any of these chapters?)

 

I starting to think that Michael is mostly angel with a little bit of imp inside him! How else do you explain his manipulations to get his own way? ;-)

Link to comment
On 01/29/2017 11:41 AM, droughtquake said:

(Did I review any of these chapters?)

 

I starting to think that Michael is mostly angel with a little bit of imp inside him! How else do you explain his manipulations to get his own way? ;-)

:rofl: not to worry, you're catching up.

You're probably right about Michael. Once he gets well, we may see more imp surfacing.

  • Like 2
  • Haha 1
Link to comment
On 3/20/2016 at 5:34 PM, skinnydragon said:

Thanks Tim!

A lovely and loving chapter filling out Patrick's life yet more. And he survived the dreaded Moster! ;)

The addition of the pair of friends, John and Tony, won't hurt the future family either.

 

Sigh, it's bittersweet to see the comments our beloved dragon left on my stories, but at least we have wonderful memories of his time among us. :heart: 

  • Like 2
  • Love 1
Link to comment

I had to force myself to stop and post a comment. It would be easier, but more frustrating if I had to wait for the next chapter to be posted. I am thoroughly enjoying Patrick. Peter is a real catch, a strong and loving father to Michael. Bet those two are sexual dynamite when they finally get naked together.

Jim

  • Like 2
Link to comment
58 minutes ago, sojourn said:

I had to force myself to stop and post a comment. It would be easier, but more frustrating if I had to wait for the next chapter to be posted. I am thoroughly enjoying Patrick. Peter is a real catch, a strong and loving father to Michael. Bet those two are sexual dynamite when they finally get naked together.

Jim

 

LOL, Jim, you're the first of my readers who want to wait for the next chapter. I usually get 'threats' of pitchforks and torches, or being tied to my laptop. Not to worry, you can always come back and leave a comment, I'll find them eventually, even though I can't get notifications to work.

I'm so pleased you like Patrick and Peter - and yes I agree about him being a catch. :P  I tend to write about the guys I'd like to meet and :X  :*)  Hope the 'dynamite' is satisfying when you get to it, I'm enjoying your efforts in Change of Heart.

  • Like 2
Link to comment

View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..