Jump to content
    Wesley8890
  • Author
  • 716 Words
  • 2,327 Views
  • 13 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

J.A.M. - 23. Chapter 22

Diary of A Lost Kid

By Wesley Lewis

Chapter 22

 

Entry 65

Ok so there may have been a few things that happened I neglected to mention in my last entry. See Melvin has been living with us for a couple of weeks but there’s a reason he hasn’t went home just yet. The night that he came to stay with us his father got into an altercation with his arresting officer at the police station. It wound up in a gunfight, which unfortunately ended Melvin’s father’s life. Even after what he put Melvin through, it hit Melvin real hard. Most of the week we spent comforting him and helping Tommy and him with funeral arrangements. Some good news though after this month Tommy’s lease runs out so he’ll move back to their old place and so will Melvin. At least the old man had the decency to be debt free and had a will saying the house went to Tommy.

The other big event happened this past weekend was Wesley’s dad got married! It was a simple ceremony at the courthouse with Seamus’ family serving as witnesses. When they got home, they got a shock the neighborhood threw them a party. It was fun and I haven’t seen Wesley that happy in a long time.

Oh, crap the bus is outside I’ll write more later.

 

Entry 66

Wow I had no idea the school had so many good singers. We had auditions for the play today. We’re really doing Newsies and I auditioned for the part of Crutchy, hopefully I’ll get it if not it’ll be ok, I will happily play any role assigned except the lead because I know I’m not good enough for the role of Jack. Phillip decided he would rather do costume and set design so that’s what he’s going to do. Benji is an awesome singer so hopefully he gets the lead. The biggest surprise was Melvin’s audition. He sounded amazing and his voice was wonderful. I don’t foresee him having a problem being cast. It was a great experience, but I don’t think I will try out next year though unless they do something like Hairspray so I can fade into the background!

Tomorrow afternoon we start on the discussion of the school dance. The regular student council is involving the GSA so that everyone is included. Thankfully, the meeting will be during school because if not I would have to miss it due to a doctor’s appointment. Nothing major just a routine checkup. Of course, how the last routine one worked out…

Anyway, homework to do and food to eat. Ooh wonder what we’re having?

Entry 67

What to talk about first, let’s go with the boring stuff first. Thankfully the doctor’s appointment required no needles this time. I’m so glad about that as I really hate needles. Just a routine weight, blood pressure, and temperature, you know the usual stuff.

The most exciting part of the day was the meeting about the school dance. There was quite a bit of debate as to what kind of dance it would be. A bunch of the girls wanted a Sadie Hawkins dance which a not a popular idea with the guys. Other ideas that got that got thrown around were a formal dance or a fifties themed danced. The one we all decided on was a costumed dance. Anyone could wear any kind of costume as long as it was a fictional character. We figured as long as they picked a fictional character, we could reduce the amount of people who could do something offensive. I know very little chance of someone not being offended but we can dream right? The dance seems to be taking shape I think we’ll have a few more meeting to iron out all the kinks in it but hopefully it will be worth the effort. I don’t think anyone is really going to cause problems but then there’s always going to be someone who pushes the limits isn’t there? The only other news about what’s happening at school is Mr. Oates is on honeymoon, so we have a substitute. He’s kind of cool but I can’t wait until Wesley’s dad gets back, he makes learning a lot more fun.

yes, its short but actually its really on par with how much i usually do. but the thing is i promised a chapter and i delivered. im just getting back into the groove so be gentle with me. any criticism is welcome, as long as its done in a respectful manner. thanks for being so patient with me love you all
Copyright © 2017 Wesley8890; All Rights Reserved.
  • Like 11
  • Love 6
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this story. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new chapters.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

Just now, droughtquake said:

So, will you be dressing up as Pennywise for the dance?
;–)

Naw I'll be the one dressing up to push the limits of what a fictional character means!

  • Haha 3
Link to comment
9 minutes ago, Wesley8890 said:

Naw I'll be the one dressing up to push the limits of what a fictional character means!

You’re dressing up as the latest Corbin Fisher performer? (False name, fictional orientation, pretend romance, etc)
;–)

Link to comment
6 minutes ago, droughtquake said:

You’re dressing up as the latest Corbin Fisher performer? (False name, fictional orientation, pretend romance, etc)
;–)

Nope I'll give you a hint though, if I tell you who I may get a warning.

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
1 hour ago, droughtquake said:

You’re dressing up as the latest Corbin Fisher performer? (False name, fictional orientation, pretend romance, etc)
;–)

Im also surprised you didn't say anything about me asking them to be gentle with me!

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
34 minutes ago, Wesley8890 said:

Im also surprised you didn't say anything about me asking them to be gentle with me!

Why? I was mean to you elsewhere. On the story page, your profile page, in PMs, etc.
;–)

Link to comment
4 minutes ago, droughtquake said:

Why? I was mean to you elsewhere. On the story page, your profile page, in PMs, etc.
;–)

Usually you can't pass up a double entendre

  • Haha 1
Link to comment

Yay the story is back, there are a few mistakes in entry 65, t the police station, should be at the police station, a couple of others too. 

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
40 minutes ago, Bft said:

Yay the story is back, there are a few mistakes in entry 65, t the police station, should be at the police station, a couple of others too. 

Omg thank you! Didn't notice going to go now!

  • Love 2
Link to comment
On 11/3/2019 at 11:37 AM, Bft said:

Yay the story is back, there are a few mistakes in entry 65, t the police station, should be at the police station, a couple of others too. 

Get ready for some more excitement im working on a couple new chapters!

  • Love 1
Link to comment
View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..