Jump to content
    Wesley8890
  • Author
  • 721 Words
  • 3,794 Views
  • 17 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

J.A.M. - 8. Chapter 8

J.A.M.

By Wesley Lewis

 

Entry 24

Today was amazing. The appointment with the family court guy went great. He told us that considering the blood tests coming back that I’m really dad’s son, it would be easier to get full custody and even for Pop to adopt me. He said it could all happen by the end of the year. After that we went shopping for clothes for school and other things I would need. It was awesome being able to shop with my two dads. Hell, it felt good saying my two dads. We ran into Phillip and his parents while we were shopping. They looked shocked when I hugged and kissed Phillip in public. I guess he hadn’t got around to telling his parents about us. I guess the cat was out of the bag. But they didn’t care. They had adopted him because no one wanted a gay kid but they didn’t care. His mom couldn’t conceive and they only wanted to adopt. His dad was a social worker, he was the one that asked that Steuben be my social worker. His mom worked at the local hospital. She was the one who told me about my parent’s death. We spent the rest of the day shopping together. The whole time me and Phillip were holding hands and it felt so right just doing that. We went out to dinner together and then parted ways. Dinner was a low-key affair. Just some Chinese takeout. Well tomorrow I’m spending the day at Phillip’s

 

Entry 25

Dude today was awesome! Phillip’s parents are so cool. They trusted us not to mess around, which we wouldn’t do anyway we’re not ready for that yet. It was great though, Benji came over and we spent half the afternoon having a water balloon fight. Uncle David and Aunt Maureen even joined in. They were so fun. But the kids totally owned the old guys. After getting dry, we all sat down and played a few rounds of gin rummy. Needless to say, the kids got their butts handed to us. After I got home I asked the dads if we could have a get together during the weekend before school started. they thought it was a good idea and wanted to know who we would invite. I had to think about that. Obviously, we would have to invite Phillip and his folks. Should I invite that cute Irish boy? What the hell is his name? I would invite that Wesley kid but his parents are the pastors at the church, so I’m not sure if they would want to be around the dads. He was kind of weird anyway kind of a loner. Plus, those twins he hung out with. He is kind of cute but I’m with Phillip now so it doesn’t matter. Oh, we should invite Benji and his folks, and maybe his girlfriend. I’m thinking maybe we should do a barbecue. This is fun planning everything. In the morning me and the dads are going to the store to get everything. Its going to be so fun!!!

Entry 26

The barbecue was a success. It was amazing how well everyone got along with each other. By the way, I finally remembered that Irish kid’s name, Seamus. He was painfully shy though. His little sisters were adorable. Benji and his girlfriend fit in great with everyone. No one seemed to have a problem with me and Phillip snuggling up with one another, which made us feel even better about our friends. We had a few other neighbors that came as well. What surprised me were the two pastors from the local church came. It’s a shame that Wesley wasn’t feeling good that day, I think him and Seamus would’ve hit it off. Everyone started talking about school tomorrow, which all the kids would be starting ninth grade, except for Seamus’ sisters. Phillip and his folks stayed behind to help us clean up the mess. Afterwards, we split a watermelon. Me and Phillip had a blast just spitting seeds at one another. It got even better when the parents started to fire them at us too. All in all, I’d say it was one of the best days of summer. I can’t wait for school to start tomorrow.

Next up:
Jam starts his first day of school
Phillip and Jam have their first argument
Copyright © 2017 Wesley8890; All Rights Reserved.
  • Like 29
  • Love 4
  • Haha 3
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this story. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new chapters.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

5 minutes ago, Wesley8890 said:

please like or quote this comment so i can promptly reply

 

B).......................Great chapter, the get together was a great way of introducing the characters to the readers, was the absence of Wesley really due to illness or was the parental pastors checking out the home of Jam? Is the Irish pronunciation of Seamus (Sham - mus? or Seam us?) curious as I think I've heard both.  School should be interesting since Jam and Phillip are a bit out, I wonder if that may be the reason for their first argument?

  • Like 1
  • Love 1
Link to comment
6 minutes ago, droughtquake said:

@Wesley8890 Did you intentionally name them Phillip, Benji, and JAM? You seem to be starting on sandwich too (Seamus and Wesley).  ;-)

I swear I didn't notice that.  At all.

  • Like 2
  • Haha 1
Link to comment
23 minutes ago, Wesley8890 said:

please like or quote this comment so i can promptly reply

 

Great chapter. Philip and JAM make a cute couple. All the parents seem happy for them. Looking forward toJAM starting school, I hope there first argument isn’t going to be to serious.

  • Love 1
Link to comment
1 minute ago, Wesley8890 said:

I swear I didn't notice that.  At all.

:2thumbs:  .......Freudian slip, or hunger??  :P

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
Link to comment
12 minutes ago, Benji said:

 

B).......................Great chapter, the get together was a great way of introducing the characters to the readers, was the absence of Wesley really due to illness or was the parental pastors checking out the home of Jam? Is the Irish pronunciation of Seamus (Sham - mus? or Seam us?) curious as I think I've heard both.  School should be interesting since Jam and Phillip are a bit out, I wonder if that may be the reason for their first argument?

I pronounce Shame-us. Tbh, I haven't figured out what the argument is about yet. And Jason and Helen were being neighborly. Wesley was sick. 

  • Like 1
  • Love 1
Link to comment
10 minutes ago, chris191070 said:

 

Great chapter. Philip and JAM make a cute couple. All the parents seem happy for them. Looking forward toJAM starting school, I hope there first argument isn’t going to be to serious.

It shouldn't be too major...

  • Like 1
  • Love 1
Link to comment
13 hours ago, Wesley8890 said:

please like or quote this comment so i can promptly reply

 

You didn't disappoint with this chapter, awesome job. I'm hooked. I already was who am I kidding. 

 

And.....no cliff hanger as promised. :gikkle:

  • Love 1
Link to comment
11 minutes ago, Bndmetl said:

 

You didn't disappoint with this chapter, awesome job. I'm hooked. I already was who am I kidding. 

 

And.....no cliff hanger as promised. :gikkle:

So does that mean a Ian's Heart chapter soon?:*)

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
On 10/15/2017 at 5:07 PM, Wesley8890 said:

please like or quote this comment so i can promptly reply

Happy times all around! I loved it, but I suppose it's time for some drama.

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
2 minutes ago, JeffreyL said:

Happy times all around! I loved it, but I suppose it's time for some drama.

Just a smidgeon

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
On 10/26/2017 at 5:42 AM, Solus Magus said:

This looks like a calm before the storm. Do I need to close my eyes now? I thought this was Comedy? :/

It'll all work out. Or not. 

  • Haha 1
Link to comment

"In the morning me and the dads are going to the store to get everything. Troll alert!!! It should be 'the dads and I are going to the store..." Two things wrong: the personal pronoun should be in the inferior position in the sentence and in the nominative case. Now I know this is dialog and a youthful speaker would probably say it that way so it is not necessary that it be changed. Just a 'heads up' for future writing. 

Séamus (Irish pronunciation: [ˈʃeːməs]), In the United States, the word "Shamus" is a derogatory American slang misspelling of Séamus. Note, the pronunciation of the (:) is a brief stop. That implies the word id pronounce somewhat like 'See-uh-mus' I think.

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..