Jump to content
    Wesley8890
  • Author
  • 985 Words
  • 3,815 Views
  • 35 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

J.A.M. - 13. Chapter 13

J.A.M.

By: Wesley Lewis

Entry 40

Today was a total drag. It was a bore. A lot of schoolwork, and no fun. I am anxious for this weekend though. I have no idea what to expect because I haven’t had a real birthday party in eight years. I really didn’t want anything to be honest, I have an awesome boyfriend, amazing friends, and a wonderful pair of awesome dads to help take care me. I never really thought I would have a support system like this again. I know I’ve probably said that too much but it’s true. I feel so lucky to have all this again. I’m starting to cry now. Dang, I’m like a baby lately crying all the time. I’m glad it’s actually happy tears though. It used to be every time I cried it would be because I was sad or upset. But the only thing I’ve had to be said about recently was Mr. Ford. I wish he could’ve been here for my birthday but it’s OK at least he’s not in any pain. Mrs. Ford told me that he had left his boat to me. She said it was one of the last times he was really happy when we went fishing the last time. It felt good to know I gave him a happy memory I two. OK I’m stopping for today I got tear stains now.

Entry 41

OH MY FUCKING GOD! BEST! DAY! EVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Sorry, had to get that out. I had one of the happiest day since my parents died. It started off me getting woke up by a dog. Just for clarity, we didn’t have a dog. She was a gorgeous little chihuahua. I read the name on the tag and it said Leah, hmm just Leah. It was a cute name. she was a beautiful golden color with a white underbelly. She had a cute little yip. I looked up and saw Dad and Pop standing at my door with grins on their faces. I raced to the door and hugged them both. The whole time I hugged them Leah was just barking, well really yipping. It turns out Benji’s mom, Joh, was a dog breeder. I’m going to have to have a conversation with Benji about keeping secrets from me. We headed downstairs after cleaning up a little mess Leah left after getting a little excited. Imagine my surprise when there was literally a feast waiting for me down stairs. There was ham, bacon, sausage, pancakes, biscuits, and even grits and eggs. Truthfully, I think they went a little overboard, but I forgive them I think I may have over eat a little bit.

After a few hours my friends began showing up. Of course, Phillip was first with Aunt Maureen and Uncle David. I had to put Leah in a little pet carrier so that she wouldn’t nip at people’s ankles. After that Benji and his parents, Joh and Tim showed up. I gave Auntie Joh an extra-long hug. After that Chloe and Lacy along with Wesley and Seamus came. I was so happy to see Wesley he looked great. Most of his bruises were gone and he looked a little less tired. He still had a couple of weeks left until he came back to school. He’s lucky he hasn’t had to put up with old lady Jones recently. She’s becoming more horrible each day. Sam came too along with Will, Sid, and Kurt. I don’t think I’ve ever had this many people at one of my parties before. I probably started crying again I can’t remember though.

There were a ton of games that the dads had set up. We had corn hole, Twister, Monopoly and even Scrabble. My personal favorite had to be the games of Twister we had. Kurt had all of us beat because of his gymnastics training. It was fun though watching everyone collapse after trying to twist and contort their bodies. Wesley got to be the caller, so he could be in the game too. We played in teams of two during Scrabble. It was basically couples competing, so the teams were me and Phillip, Wesley and Seamus, Kurt and Will, and Benji with Chloe. I had no idea that Chloe was Benji’s girlfriend until today. Kurt and Will wiped the floor with us. The asses played ‘zygotes’ on a triple word space. The monopoly was cut-throat with Chloe bankrupting us all with the hotel laden Boardwalk and Park Places. I surprisingly won the corn hole competition. Shut up, I know the gay kid won the corn hole ha-ha-ha.

When it was time for the cake and ice cream everyone got quiet. When they brought out the cake it had a little fishing boat on it. The frosting made it look just like a lake, complete with dock and ripples in the water. The inside was chocolate.

The presents were even more amazing. Phillip gave me a necklace with our names engraved on them. Benji gave me a bunch of toys for Leah and stuff that I could train her with. The twins gave me some gift certificates to the mall. Sam gave me a few comic books as did Sid. Wesley and Seamus gave me these little pendants with Irish symbols on them. Kurt and Will gave me a one month of free martial arts lessons. Mrs. Ford came by amidst the present giving and gave me the keys to the boat that was left for me. She said it was in a storage locker that my dad had the keys to. The party lasted about an hour longer than that and then people began to trickle down just Phillip and Benji with us. They helped us clean-up the mess and then we sat and watched a movie.

Like I said today as one of the best days of my life.

next up more surprises for Jam
Copyright © 2017 Wesley8890; All Rights Reserved.
  • Like 32
  • Love 6
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this story. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new chapters.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments



6 minutes ago, Wesley8890 said:

Please quote this comment or put @Wesley8890 in your reply so i can respond to your messages

 

B)..............................What he said, "Best Day Ever".  I guessed Mr. Fords boat giveaway, it only seemed right and brought a closure to a possible 'abandonment' issue. Nice chapter!

  • Like 2
  • Love 1
Link to comment

Finally he finds out what a real family does for a birthday party,  thanks for an awesome story

  • Love 2
Link to comment
4 minutes ago, Benji said:

 

B)..............................What he said, "Best Day Ever".  I guessed Mr. Fords boat giveaway, it only seemed right and brought a closure to a possible 'abandonment' issue. Nice chapter!

You wouldn't believe it but it took six hours to do! I was bingeing Stranger things

  • Haha 2
Link to comment
1 minute ago, mikedup said:

Finally he finds out what a real family does for a birthday party,  thanks for an awesome story

This was my favorite chapter so far

  • Like 1
  • Love 1
Link to comment
1 minute ago, Wesley8890 said:

You wouldn't believe it but it took six hours to do! I was bingeing Stranger things

 

B)...................How funny I was just thinking watching 'Stranger Things' on netflix.

  • Like 2
  • Haha 1
Link to comment
38 minutes ago, Wesley8890 said:

Please quote this comment or put @Wesley8890 in your reply so i can respond to your messages

 

A lovely sweet chapter for JAM. Just loved the part about him winning cornhole. Leah sounds a cute little dog. Looking forward to seeing what boat he has. He had a great birthday with friends and family.

  • Like 1
  • Love 1
Link to comment
22 minutes ago, Wesley8890 said:

I was bingeing Stranger things

Oh no! He’s binging on TV shows! And I’ve recommended Torchwood and Queer as Folk (which he hadn’t finished watching). I thought it was just scary movies!  ;-)

Link to comment
12 minutes ago, chris191070 said:

 

A lovely sweet chapter for JAM. Just loved the part about him winning cornhole. Leah sounds a cute little dog. Looking forward to seeing what boat he has. He had a great birthday with friends and family.

Yes a couple of characters have been named after readers. I'm trying to figure out a Chris. Personally I've never won the cornhole game. Now I have to look up boats

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
Link to comment
7 minutes ago, droughtquake said:

Oh no! He’s binging on TV shows! And I’ve recommended Torchwood and Queer as Folk (which he hadn’t finished watching). I thought it was just scary movies!  ;-)

No more binging for now. Oh wait a new season of Stranger Things! Oooh and the completes collections of Nightmare on Elm Street, Friday the 13th, and Puppet Masters! That's like thirty movies!!!!! Dusting off my DVD player now:devil:

  • Haha 2
Link to comment
28 minutes ago, mikedup said:

Finally he finds out what a real family does for a birthday party,  thanks for an awesome story

We never had birthday parties like that. Our parties were just immediate family. When my (Lesbian?) Aunt lived nearby, she and her partner (a Sporty ‘roommate’ in Hawaii, a very conservative Dolphins fan in San Diego who she was with nearly 3 decades) would celebrate with us. We never had friends or neighbors at our parties. We only got a couple of gifts, including gifts from other relatives who weren’t as poor as we were.

Link to comment
2 minutes ago, droughtquake said:

We never had birthday parties like that. Our parties were just immediate family. When my (Lesbian?) Aunt lived nearby, she and her partner (a Sporty ‘roommate’ in Hawaii, a very conservative Dolphins fan in San Diego who she was with nearly 3 decades) would celebrate with us. We never had friends or neighbors at our parties. We only got a couple of gifts, including gifts from other relatives who weren’t as poor as we were.

That's how my birthday parties were. Of course I didn't get my first one until I was 5...

  • Like 1
  • Wow 1
Link to comment
5 minutes ago, Wesley8890 said:

Yes a couple of characters have been named after readers. I'm trying to figure out a Chris. Personally I've never won the cornhole game. Now I have to look up boats

Chris-Craft makes power boats…  ;-)

Link to comment
1 hour ago, chris191070 said:

Just loved the part about him winning cornhole.

 

1 hour ago, Wesley8890 said:

Personally I've never won the cornhole game.

Do I want to know what that’s about?  ;-)

Link to comment
2 minutes ago, droughtquake said:

That’s what I’m afraid of!  ;-)

 

Cornhole is a lawn game in which players take turns throwing bags of corn at a raised platform with a hole in the far end. 

 

So so you just aim for a hole that becomes available.

Edited by chris191070
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2
Link to comment
3 minutes ago, chris191070 said:

 

Cornhole is a lawn game in which players take turns throwing bags of corn at a raised platform with a hole in the far end. 

 

So so you just aim for a hole that becomes available.

Yes because there's no way possible I was speaking about that in a sexual manner:*)

  • Love 1
  • Haha 3
Link to comment
6 minutes ago, droughtquake said:

That’s what I’m afraid of!  ;-)

I think we share a similar imagination and shouldn't speak of it here!

  • Love 1
  • Haha 2
Link to comment

Great party; he so deserves it.   Look forward to hearing more about Leah.  I'm also wondering if more is going on with teacher Jones than just a burnt out teacher.  

  • Like 2
  • Love 1
Link to comment
7 hours ago, Justleah said:

That puppy has the best name good luck training her😘😘😘 

I'm glad you like her. I'm gonna have lots of fun with the training

  • Like 1
  • Love 1
  • Haha 1
Link to comment
2 hours ago, avidreadr said:

Great party; he so deserves it.   Look forward to hearing more about Leah.  I'm also wondering if more is going on with teacher Jones than just a burnt out teacher.  

She's just a bitter old woman who gets her dues in two weeks. Plus her husband left her for another man. 

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
Link to comment

View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..