Jump to content
    Writenowin
  • Author
  • 1,051 Words
  • 1,109 Views
  • 0 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

Finding Another Like Me. - 18. Chapter 18

I sat in the pick up area of the airport waiting in Chris’ car. Chris and his parents should be arriving any second back from their little Christmas trip. I had dropped them off the day they had left because so they didn’t have to leave Chris’ truck sitting there all week.

All of a sudden there was a loud “BANG!” on the window next to me. I jumped out of the seat. I turned my head to the window to see a hooded guy standing laughing. I realized it was Chris.

I swung the door open and hopped out of the car. I jumped forward and Chris caught me in his arms. “Christopher!”

“Kyle!” Chris answered and kissed me. It felt great to feel his lips after a week. “I missed you.”

“I missed you way more. I got no clue what I’m going to do when you leave for college.” I kissed him again.

“I know. We’ll work it out.”

He slowly put me to the ground as I finally saw his mom and dad loading the luggage into the car. I walked over and started helping his dad. It took about three minutes and we were back on the road with Chris’ dad driving and Chris and me cuddling in the back as I filled him in on what he missed.

“Your cousins really acted that way?”

“Yup, I haven’t talked to any of them since.”

“And Brittany’s in love with you?”

“Yup!”

“Wow, damn I really do miss a lot of things when I go away.”

I chuckled and leaned in and kissed him. “Yup that’s why you shouldn’t go away anymore.”

“I know. I won’t. But I hope she knows she can’t have you… because you are mine!” He started tickling me and I laughed.

We proceeded to talk about their trip all the way until we reached their house. I had parked my car outside and had to rush home to get ready for work. I turned and gave Chris another kiss and then yelled goodbye to his parents. As I walked to my car, I turned around and remembered, “Hey! You guys are coming over tomorrow for the New Years Eve get together, correct?”

“Yes, we are!” Chris’ mom answered. “Ask your mom what she wants me to bring and text Chris later with it!”

“Just bring yourself. That’s all!”

“I know that’s what your mom says but I want to bring something.”

“Okay I’ll ask, but she won’t change her answer.” I hopped in my car and headed out.

The next day was filled with me making chip bowls, fruits, wings, dips, and tons of other picky foods. My mom was going all out. She did a complete cleaning of the house and made sure everything was okay. She was so excited to be meeting her son’s boyfriend’s parents for the first time. She and Chris’ mom had spoken on the phone a few times but this would be their first actual encounter.

I got a text from Chris when they were about two minutes away and it was just before eight o’clock. I finished prepping myself and walked to the door. I was going casual tonight, wearing a pair of Chris’ red sweat pants with a white t-shirt. I figured since it was only our families tonight we could relax.

As I reached the door, it began to open and Chris popped his head in and yelled, “Honey! I’m home!” He continued to open the door and step in.

I walked up and put my arms around his neck and gave him a quick kiss on the cheek. “Welcome home babe.”

I let go of him as his parents walked in and I greeted them. I grabbed the plates they had brought and led them upstairs to where my parents were.

My mom looked up from the oven and smiled. “Hello you guys must be the Thomas’. It is so nice to finally meet you! I’m Kim and this is my husband Bob.”

My mom gave them both a hug. Chris’ parents were kind of shocked. Chris mom answered. “Hi. Yes I know it’s so nice to finally meet you too!”

“I know!”

The two women started a conversation laughing and talking, while the dads began to talk too. This left Chris, my sister, and me. We went into my living room and started talking about different things. Finally the adults joined us. We all pigged out on the food my mom had prepared. Chris really loved my mom’s cooking and so did his parents. We were all laughing as the clock ticked on. It was about 11:45 and we were finishing up a game Wii bowling, when Chris all of a sudden jumped off my couch and goes, “Oh my god! I forgot! I got news!”

“Oh?” I gave him a questioning look.

Chris took a deep breathe. “So today I got a call from Michael Heartwell, the head of the athletic program at Boston College, and he told me that they are interested in recruiting me for next year. They want me to go to school there and play football. They are willing to give me a full ride for it!”

I jumped up off the couch and grabbed him into a big hug. “Congratulations! I’m so proud of you!” I gave him a quick kiss on the lips.

“Thanks!” Chris answered.

My mom and dad got up gave him hugs and patted him on the back. They were proud of him. As I was talking to Chris about all great things BC would do for him; How close he would be. It all seemed perfect.

I heard his dad talking to my dad about how Hightown just finished the case against the coach for the steroid abuse scandal. The coach got canned, but the students were okay.

Before I could hear anymore, our moms interrupted us by directing our interest to the tv. The ball was dropping

5,4,3,2…

“One!” We all shouted as I leaned into Chris’ arms and kissed him slowly on the lips. I felt so good in his arms. We broke apart to see our parents kissing their spouses.

Chris nuzzled his head in my ear and whispered, “A new year baby, a new year!”

Copyright © 2011 Writenowin; All Rights Reserved.
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this author. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new stories they post.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

There are no comments to display.

View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..