Jump to content
    Writenowin
  • Author
  • 1,738 Words
  • 1,508 Views
  • 0 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

Finding Another Like Me. - 3. Chapter 3

A handshake! I leaned in and then he leaned in and then just as we were getting in close proximity he thrust out his hand and I had to catch myself and pull out my hand. Then we shook and he said, goodnight and walked away with a smile on his face!

That video has been replaying in my head for the last two days none stop. His smile, the way he looked, and the way he leaned in towards me. God I don’t understand this! Like I’ve had these obsessions or feelings before after hanging out with a girl, but now it’s a guy. It’s never been this way, not even with Conor.

Every time I close my eyes I see his face. I keep remembering our conversation and how easy it was to talk to him. My dreams have been about him for the last two days. Its been crazy!!!

We had exchanged phone numbers and even friended each other on Facebook, but I was to afraid to be the one to initiate the conversation first just incase I had read to much into it. It was bad enough I had been shot down by so many girls, I didn’t want to be shot down by him too. It was now Friday night and I was at work. I honestly didn’t expect to hear from him probably ever again, so as I mopped the floor I slowly gave myself the pep talk I had done so many times before:

It is her I mean his lose. I can do better. There are plenty of other….

My phone started to vibrate from inside my apron. I pulled out and read the caller ID and it said Chris. I didn’t even hesitate to look if my bosses were around when I whipped the phone open.

“Hello?” I said acting like I didn’t know who exactly it was.

“Hey Kyle. What’s up? It’s Chris.” He said sounding a little different from the other night. A little off.

“Nothing just at work. Chris are you okay you sound a little…off?”

“Nah I’m…aww fuck kid I can’t lie to you! No I’m not. When are you done with work, because I need to talk to someone? I need to talk to you!” Saying this he sounded a little worked up.

“I’ll be off at 8, but I’ll have to go home and shower I smell from work want to meet up at like 8:30?”

“Yeah that works come to Tucket Beach because that’s where I am. I’m by the shack.”

“Alritgh dude. I’ll be there as soon as I can.”

“Thanks Bud.” He hung up the phone.

The next thing I knew I was speeding through my work making sure I got out right at 8. I raced home and took a quick shower. I reached the beach by 8:25 and looked to see where he was. I saw a Black Explorer was the only car in the parking lot and it was close to the shack. I pulled up next to it figuring it was his, but no one was inside it. I got out of my car and started towards the wall overlooking the beach. As I reached it I noticed that there was a person sitting on the beach just in front of the shack.

I headed down the stairs and headed towards the person. They were wearing a red hooded zipper down sweat shirt and a pair of jeans. I could tell it was Chris by his size, but he still looked amazing. I took a seat next to him not saying a word. He turned to face me, and I saw his face. It was still beautiful but you could tell his eyes were watery like he had been crying and his expression made it look like he had had a few drinks. Though once he fully realized who I was a smile came across his face. A smile that took my breathe away.
We just set in silence for a few minutes. Not because it was awkward just because it was comforting for him, I think. We just smiled at each other and looked into each others eyes.

Finally he spoke, “Thank you for coming down here.”

“Dude its no problem. Are you okay? That’s all I care about.”

“No man. I’m not. I’m so confused right now and I feel like I have no one to turn to.”

“Chris I’m here for you. You got me to turn to. I’m here to listen, to help, to support, to anything you need me for.”

“But will you always be there?” He sobbed when saying this. I had never seen a big kid like this cry the way he was. “After I talk about what I want to will you still be there? Because I don’t think you will!”

“I will! Trust me. Nothing you could ever say could stop be from helping someone.”

There was another pause as he seemed to think about my words.

“Two nights ago I lied to you” he started.

“Alright so what? Everyone lies. Don’t worry about it.”

“When I told you I wasn’t in a relationship I lied. I’ve been dating this girl for the past year and a half. Her names Meghan and she’s the captain of the cheerleading team at school.”

I gulped at that one. I knew that was coming and held back all emotions as I said, “Again that’s not life threatening it will be fine. I‘ll live.”

“Nah man its not just wait. So after our discussion I realized something. I realized I didn’t love her. I realized I wasn’t happy with her. All its ever been is hook ups and sex and that’s all there was too it. I realized I wanted a real relationship where I find someone who I care about and cares for me. Not a hook up.”

“Alright well its good you realized that.”

He breathed. “Yeah but just wait. So today I went to her house and talked to her. I broke it off with her and for the first time in almost two years I’m free!”

“Well that’s…”

He cut me off, “Wait!”

I nodded.

“But I’m not happy,” he continued.

“Well why’s that? If its just because you broke up with her you can always try and get her back or there are other fish in the sea.”

He smiled at me. “Kyle it’s not because of that at all. It’s because I have found someone I want to be with. I just am confused about how I get to that point.” He looked down into the sand.

“Well that’s easy man just tell them how you feel. Christopher you’re an amazing person. Anyone would be lucky to have you. Just tell them how you feel.”

“Well it’s a different kind of situation with this one.”

“There’s no difference in situations Chris. Love is love, like is like. Just tell them how you feel.” I realized all the advice I’m giving Chris I have never once took for myself. A perfect example was this situation.

At that moment he looked up from the sand at me with those gorgeous blue eyes and just stared. Then after a few seconds he said in a serious tone, “Kyle I like you. I can’t help but like you…”

“What?” I interrupted as my jaw dropped.

“I’m sorry Kyle you told me to tell the person how I felt so I did. I’m sorry. I understand if you hate me I just had to. Its hard not to like you, since the moment I met you I felt we had a connection…”

That was it. I didn’t let him finish as leaned over pushing my body up against his making him now lay back with his knees up on the sand and let my lips come in contact with his. At first I kissed him softly trying to give him some time to react to what was happening next thing I felt his arms engross me as he pulled my body so that I was on top of him. The kiss became more fierce, but remained no tongue and just perfect. Finally after the eternity of kissing we broke apart. I looked down at him. He was smiling his face looked radiant as he realized what happened.

We both stood in that position without moving, just steering at each other. Until finally I leaned in and gave him another light kiss on the lips and then removed myself from on top of him. He sat up once I was off of him and we faced each other sitting down in the sand.

I decided it was my turn to speak first for once, “Do you mean it?” I had to make sure this wasn’t some practical jock joke I had just fallen into.

He looked a me a little hurt by those words. “I’ve never meant anything more in my life.”

“Well then Christopher I only could have dreamed that you would have the same feelings for me as I did for you. I felt that connection the first time we met and knew I wanted more. It just was so easy to be around you and talk to you. It felt right, like I had known you for years.”

“I know…” he started.

I put up a hand because it was his turn to wait now. “I know the feelings your having right now or were having before. I have the same exact ones. You have those feelings for girls but have always had this unexplainable liking for guys. Then your just looking for someone to love no matter what sex and at the moment its someone of the same. Your scarred. You wonder what others will think. You wonder if you’ll be able to hide it. You wonder if the person that you even like likes you that way too. And now that you know they do it’s a bit overwhelming. Am I correct?”

He nodded with a look of disbelief on his face. “You nailed it to the tee.”

“I know, Christopher. I‘ve felt the same my whole life but now,” I said slowly getting up an rapping around my arms around his neck and getting ready to kiss him. “I’m just glad I found you. I’m just glad I found another like me.”

Copyright © 2011 Writenowin; All Rights Reserved.
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this author. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new stories they post.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

There are no comments to display.

View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..