Jump to content
    x Trevor x
  • Author
  • 7,396 Words
  • 1,214 Views
  • 2 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

Like a Train Wreck - 25. Chapter 25: Bible Written Backwards

Skylar looked at Robin's ride and her eyebrows lifted. "You have got to be kidding me." Her eyes gazed over the old fading red pickup truck with a serious need for some major glamour work.

"Do you want to come or not?" Robin stared at the girl.

Skylar sighed and pulled the passenger side door open and then grinned at the patches of silver tape used to cover the rips in the seats and then she climbed in and closed the door. "About time you got here." She lowered the sun visor and her hands brushed through blonde waves of hair. "So where are they?" She flipped the visor up.

Robin began driving and pulled out onto the street. "From the looks of it they headed out of the inner city, I think they are trying to go to no man's land. Why did they steal it from you? I mean weren't they making out when you saw them? Why were you even looking at them? Where did you even come from?"

Skylar looked annoyed and grabbed the black leather covered bible in the middle of the seat. "Where did God come from? We know he did some hocus pocus on Mary to knock her up with Jesus, but who banged who to pop out God? And then where did they come from? And who were their parents? And then who banged them out? Shall I go on?" She stared at Robin, this was her response to all the questions.

Robin made a face and looked over at Skylar. "Sorry...didn't mean to irritate you."

"Yeah well I had to wait forever for your slow ass to get here. Don't even drive the speed limit, use the free will God gave you and do the favor before they get away!" Skylar took a deep breath, trying to calm herself.

Robin narrowed her eyes and picked up the speed. "I would like a little respect, I didn't have to pick you up, you know."

Skylar sighed and reached down and pulled a pack of cigarettes and a lighter from the inside of one of her boots and withdrew a cigarette. "Sorry, I am just highly stressed. I don't take losing very lightly." She lit one up and laid the pack and her lighter in the seat. "I have trained in combat for years and Sterling just pushes me out? How does that happen?" She said, trying to keep a decent tone.

"Sometimes things happen that we don't expect. The world doesn't work around our fingers." Robin said as she switched back and forth through lanes, moving around cars to get where they needed to be as soon as possible. "It looks like we're getting closer. They ran into the train tracks, train must be coming through. That is good for us...or you, for whatever your cause is."

"Yeah well in my world, it does work around my finger." Skylar then grinned and laughed. "For my cause...Oh you people are funny to me! Sterling called me an evil spy and then wished my show canceled when I metaphorically called myself a television show. I might just die of laughter." She took a drag from her cigarette.

Robin shook her head. "It would be a good way to die, it feels good to laugh."

"It does, actually..I think I'm starting to get addicted to it." Skylar laughed again. "Hey, anyone else have a cause I could meddle into? I took Miracle's job on my hands voluntarily, consider it charity work for the church."

"Well it depends if you want to work for or against the church." Robin said.

"What do you mean?" Skylar asked with an upnod.

"Well Cody, the friend that Miracle went vacationing with, he's gay too and his apartment is below the church down the road from Kevin's estate. His Dad is the preacher. No one knows about Cody except me and Miracle and well the rest of Miracle's scooby gang."

Skylar went quiet as she thought about that for a moment. "Huh...maybe it's time someone saved someone for their sins..." She mumbled and stared out the window, noticing they were coming to the edge of the city.

Robin looked at her phone. "They are on the move again. I can go faster, traffic is much lighter now." Robin said, picking up the speed, having overlooked what Skylar said.

"Drive on." Skylar reached forward and turned the radio on.

"Pull in here." Jaemin said as Sterling turned onto a dirt path at the edge of the suburbs and once the SUV came to a halt, he opened the door and climbed out.

"So what's the plan?" Sterling asked as he got out, shutting the door.

"Well, like you said, we blow it up." Jaemin looked around the field. "This might look really deserted and if it were a movie you might...pass it off for Texas..." Jaemin squinted his eyes, unsure. "Maybe...and that is a very big maybe. Point is, we know we aren't that far, you can never be to far away around New York."

Sterling observed the SUV and scratched the back of his head. "Okay..so maybe we haven't exactly thought this through."

Jaemin took his shirt off and walked towards the gas lid and opened it, unscrewing the cap. "You might want to toss your shirt in, evidence." Jaemin went to stuff his shirt into the gas chamber and left enough hanging out to light up before tossing the lid through the open back window.

Sterling nodded and then took his shirt off and tossed it through the open back window. "Okay, this will make us even more obvious, if a beach were near by, that would be kind of nice."

"Yeah well, stop dreaming." Jaemin looked off across the field.

Sterling stared at Jaemin, his gaze almost lingering and he walked towards him. "Look, I'm sorry." He reached out, finger tips lightly touching Jaemin's jaw bone to turn his head forward. "I don't know where any of it came from, it was just there and now it's made a mess of everything."

Jaemin looked up at Sterling and his hands moved up and wrapped around his head, behind his ears and pulled him close, kissing him deeply and for that moment it seemed as if the world and life it's self just stopped and their problems just melted away. He pulled back soon after, broke the kiss and stepped back.

"It can't ever happen again, I belong with Miracle if there is anything left of it and if not, I will be alone." He looked down and shook his head. "We were enemies for so long, it can never be more than friends, it doesn't work like that for me." Jaemin took a deep breath. "Just blow up the damn thing and we'll run, hope for the best."

Sterling nodded as he listened to Jaemin. "I understand." He then looked up and over Jaemin's shoulder. "Hope for the best? You might have a slight reason to hope."

"What?" Jaemin turned around to see the red pickup pulling in. "Oh my god, bible girl and psycho bitch? We're doomed. Bible girl will do what's right or psycho bitch will murder her, plant that on us too and then take us hostage again."

The passenger side door of the pickup opened as Skylar climbed out and she grinned, slamming it shut and walked around to the front and stared the two guys down. "There you two are, my boys." She tilted her head to the side and then eyed Jaemin. "Maybe we'll get to have that fight now?"

Robin got out and moved closer, enough to see but kept a distance, appearing rather timid in the situation, seeing the bloody shirt in the gas chamber of the SUV, wondering what had been done.

"Maybe." Jaemin returned the stare down and was the first to run forward, seeing Skylar charge just a split second after.

Skylar charged at him but then flipped over him and landed behind him and twisted around when Jaemin slid along the dirt path, causing dust to rise around his feet as he went to turn around. Skylar lifted a leg and sent a punch across the face before lowering down, a hand planting to the ground as she swung a leg around and knocked his feet right out from under him, causing him to fall and she then stood up. "Sure you want to keep going.?"

Jaemin looked up at her and grabbed her leg and yanked it forward, causing her to fall on the ground as he jumped up and then twisted around, pulling her leg between his own, causing her to forcibly roll over face first into the dirt. Skylar pushed up with her hands and lifted herself up enough to grab one of his arms and then pulled it back down, causing his upper body to pull backwards and in turn making him lose grip on her leg.

Once her leg was freed, she rolled over and slid back and lifted a leg to slam it into Jaemin's back and sent him stumbling forward as she got up and shook hair out of her eyes..

Jaemin turned around and ran towards her again and then he grabbed her arms just as she was going to grab his, both of them twisted around to back face each other and Jaemin then pulled her up and over his head, hoping to body slam her into the ground. Skylar went into the air but then she twisted around and waited for the right moment to catch her grounding, landing on her feet. The next move was for her to elbow Jaemin in the jaw but he ducked and wrapped his arms around her waist and ran forward to slam her into the front of the pickup.

Skylar screamed out and she lifted a knee and slammed it into his stomach and then grabbed him by the back of the neck, pulling him up and slamming his forehead several times into the hood of the truck, her other hand then reached down to grab the back waist of his jeans and she shoved him forward and onto the hood of the truck.

When Skylar soon came to climb onto the hood of the truck, he punched her across the face only for her to return with a punch and then he attempted to shove her off only for her to roll on top of him and again slam his head into the hood of the truck.

Skylar then stood up and kicked Jaemin into a roll and he fell off the truck. He got up moments later and stumbled away. "Come on! Don't stop now! Come and get me!" Skylar kneeled down and put her elbows on her knees. "Free shot!"

Jaemin narrowed his eyes and charged forward, an idea in mind for a final blow but what he didn't know is that it wouldn't be his final blow. Skylar waited for the right moment and then propelled herself up and over Jaemin, flipping off the hood of the truck and landing on the ground, spinning around in time to see Jaemin charge right through the glass of the windshield.

"My Dad is going to be furious!" Robin screamed before the sound of an explosion shook the surprise of both girls and they turned to look, seeing that Sterling had blown up the SUV.

Jaemin sat up, seeing the fire flaming from the SUV, cuts all over his face, arms and upper body from the glass but other than that and feeling a little dizzy and out of it, he was okay, it was tomorrow when the bruises would set in and a battles hangover would reveal it's effects.

"You had your fight, we need to go." Sterling walked towards the truck.

"Someone better tell me what is going on!" Robin demanded. "I'm not going to be involved in a crime, I saw the blood!"

"I'm riding in the back, I don't want any glass cutting my ass." She grinned and walked around and climbed into the back bed of the truck, sitting down.

Sterling looked at Robin. "We need to leave! Okay? This is serious! Understand? So get in the truck or we're driving off with it, might as well add grand theft auto to the list." He shook his head and got into the truck, sliding into the middle and waited for Robin's decision.

Kevin stood at the alter and looked at everyone in the church, it was a pretty big crowd given it was a joint funeral. "This is the first time I've ever been really nervous but I've found a lot of things have changed in me and I think Melanie is a part of that." He looked down at Melanie. "I came in here and I walked up to her and it looked like she was asleep and for a few seconds, I pretended she was because it was comforting, it meant she would wake up. It really almost does look like she is just sleeping." Kevin stopped, his throat being hit with a throb of pain.

Once it subsided, Kevin continued. "I told her to have beautiful dreams." He looked back towards everyone. "Like we all do, I hope. The dreams we all have sometimes when we sleep, the ones that are beautiful, that we wake up from, the ones that inspire us and make us wonder if they mean something. But then...I stopped pretending and I knew she wasn't asleep..and she wasn't dreaming."

Kevin started to break up but tried so hard to keep it together. "I knew she wasn't there, she is where the dreams are real, she is where they come true and through the pain of not having her here that blinds us from that fact, it is one that we should remember and take with us as we move on through life until it is each of our times to journey into our dreams because what I believe is that our dreams are simply a vision of our future reality once we have finished living this one."

"I loved her with all of my heart. She made me a better person, she saved me. And it is so hard to possibly see living life without her right now." The pain in his throat was now unending and the urge to cry was so strong. "But while it will never be okay, it will get better. Thank you for allowing me to speak for her and be here for her." Kevin stepped away from the alter and headed back to his seat beside Jasmine where he broke down and cried his eyes out, trying to be as quiet as possible about it.

"That was really good, Kevin it was the best, I know she heard it and she would of loved it." Jasmine whispered to him and rubbed his shoulder before standing up and heading to the alter to speak on Sarah's behalf. She reached the alter and looked up.

"As Kevin said, our feelings are mutual on being nervous, I've never done a public speech such as this. Most of my life I was the girl unseen and I was treated badly by a lot of people. Sarah was popular, she was the head cheerleader, she was an honor student, she was everything that everyone could want in a person and everyone could want in themselves and while she was a quiet person she was most of all very kind and managed to navigate around the drama that occurs with most people our age."

Jasmine looked up at everyone. "Unfortunately this girl, a shining star in my eyes with a bright future ahead never got the chance, I won't say why, that matter is very private but what I will say about it is that again she is not here because she acted in kindness, to save another. What bothers me the most is what would have been for her and I am sure you all wonder that too, don't dwell on those questions because we will never know but I am pretty sure it would have been greatness." Jasmine nodded. "Thank you." She stepped down from the alter and went to return to her seat, surprised that she managed to keep it all together.

Kevin looked at Jasmine as people started to get up, the service being over so it was time for people to leave. "You did a good job." He found it in him to smile.

"I tried. I still feel like I could of done better though. It's just, I never had a deep connection with her like you did with Melanie. I didn't even really know her as long either." Jasmine shook her head. "Maybe I'm just being very self critical, I just feel like I was supposed to break down."

Kevin shook his head. "Jasmine, not everyone breaks down. Don't feel guilty if you feel any kind of disconnection. Sarah was a really distant person, she did that to stay out of all the drama. How do you think it was so easy for Brad to sneak around with Miracle?"

Jasmine frowned. "God, I don't even want to talk about that, with Sarah dead, it feels awful."

Kevin nodded. "See, you do feel, if you didn't, then you wouldn't feel awful about that subject."

Jasmine smiled a little. "Thanks for showing me that."

"No problem. And I was just telling you the truth." Kevin nodded.

"Do you need someone to hang out with or anything? I kinda feel out of orbit right now. I know you aren't happy with anyone that's left, aside from Robin and Robin really doesn't like anyone so it's not like she is going to hang out with us so I don't feel like there is really going to be a group anymore."

Kevin shrugged. "You're probably right. Though I don't think I would be mad at Sterling, he really didn't do anything wrong, it was Jaemin who stole the tickets and Miracle and Cody that took the vacation, Sterling didn't disrespect Melanie. I know he didn't like her but that was when she was alive so that's different."

"And to think some time ago I remember seeing you kicking that poor guys books around." Jasmine grinned at him.

Kevin laughed a little. "Yeah but he isn't so bad, we both have changed. I mean he has really toughened up in my opinion now that I really think about him specifically."

Jasmine's Dad walked over to her. "Are you ready to go home sweetheart?"

Jasmine turned her head towards her Dad. "If it's okay, I would like to stay with Kevin for a little while, he'll bring me home. Is that okay?"

Jasmine's Dad, Miguel, nodded. "Okay, just try not to..." He trailed off and smiled, shaking his head. "It's spring break, I was going to tell you not to stay out late. Just don't stay out till sunrise, living like a vampire isn't fun." He shook his head and walked off to leave with the others.

Jasmine laughed a little and shook her head and looked at Kevin. "You should come to my house for dinner one night. You would love it, he owns a restaurant and is the chef there too. So he can really cook."

Kevin smiled and nodded. "I'll keep that in mind."

"What about your parents?" She asked.

"That can stay a mystery for now." Kevin shifted his gaze. "You know, if we're going to hang out, lets..kind of go somewhere else."

Jasmine looked at the caskets and then nodded. "Yeah, I kind of get it." She nodded and got up, heading out with Kevin.

"Do you think she will tell?" Jaemin asked, sitting in the middle of Sterling and Skylar.

"Well even if she does, she is on foot, we will be long gone." Skylar shook her head. "And my Daddy can take care of her before she even does, I'll just send him a text..."

Sterling, in the driver seat, looked at Skylar for a second. "Wait, what? Take care of her?"

Skylar looked up at him. "Yeah, you know, make her disappear?"

Sterling narrowed his eyes at her. "Then why didn't you make him have this whole mess disappear with your hit man?"

Skylar grinned. "Because that was to trap you. We'll figure out a way to clean it up once I am done with it." She then looked at Jaemin. "Hey, you're sitting on her bible, get off of it."

Jaemin shifted slightly and looked down, pulling the bible out from under his ass and lifted it up. "Since when do you care about a bible?"

Skylar grabbed it. "Since I talked to her." She looked down at the bible and rubbed the cover. "Lets just say the story of Jesus dying for our sins is going to repeat again but like a mirror, he'll be dying for his sins..."

"That's twisted, what do you plan on doing?" Sterling asked, staring at the road.

"You will see." She looked up at them. "But someones life will be better off because of it. Call me a psycho bitch, call me an evil spy, call me a heroine, a vigilante or a villain. You will never understand my motives because you can never access my head. All you get is what you come to see." Skylar then looked out the window.

"Wow, she sounds like a mirror image of you Jae...before you let me in." Sterling managed a smile despite the situation.

"Yeah and now I see how annoying it is." Jaemin frowned. "Robin is going to tell, she might even know everything about this truck in her head. And no, you aren't making her disappear. She did nothing wrong and there has been enough death already. No one can take anymore."

"Whatever, do any of you even like her? I mean if she trashes everyone like she did Cody..." She looked over at them. "I hinted at doing something about it, told her to consider it charity work and she said something about if it's for the church."

"Well she bickered with Melanie alot but it seemed like playful teasing to Melanie, I never once saw her get mad but it really pissed Robin off. Though after Jasmine pulled her stunt, Robin couldn't stop saying how the girl lost her mind. And I quote the girl because she would not ever refer to Jasmine by name when doing it." Jaemin shrugged.

"Wow...Robin sounds like a real bitch." Skylar grinned and looked at them. "Jasmine though, she sounds awesome. I have to meet her, I would love to take her under my wing."

"Yeah so you can make her evil? No way. Jasmine experienced a moment, it was not just random as though it may seem from the outside. The girl surpressed a lot for most of her life and it's obvious, I think, to everyone that something just happened inside of her that needed to come out." Sterling said.

"Well fine, I won't have her killed but she needs to be locked down until I can figure out a way to shut her up." Skylar started sending texts, several of them.

"Locked down?" Sterling questioned.

"Yeah, you know, kidnapped? It won't be bad, she'll just be blind folded, tied to a chair or I might just have them sedate her and put her on a bed, keep her drugged up, much more pleasant." She finished sending her texts to have the two jobs done, one involving the handling of Robin. The other, well only she and her hired knew what that was about, right now anyway.

Jaemin looked at Sterling. "It does make sense. Sorry that I can't be the total good guy here but I'm a little survivalist, whatever has to happen for the greater good, for me the end justifies the means. And it's not like we murdered the man so don't feel guilty about it. We're doing all we can do given the situation."

Sterling shook his head. "Yeah, doesn't mean I have to like it." He briefly glanced at Jaemin.

Skylar's eyes lit up as her mind sparked with more ideas and she grinned, sending another text, her attention obsorbed into her phone as she went back and forth with her Daddy's hired helpers.

"Where do you think shes from?" Sterling asked.

"I don't know. She seems really mafia like." Jaemin said, observing Skylar. "If she pulled the lever on the door again we could push her out, do some real damage this time." Jaemin's quiet laughter mixing with Sterling's. Skylar seemed to focused on her phone to even notice or care.

Kevin sat on the hood of his corvette with Jasmine at a look out point in the mountains where they could see the entire city and a nice view of the sky, it was a pretty great place, full of nature but with a reminder of what they left behind.

Jasmine looked at the view and then towards the ground, not really sure what to say, they had been silent for what seemed like the longest time. "I'm sorry, this seems so awkward. I mean the funeral gave us an already made subject and stuff..." She smiled awkwardly

"It's okay." Kevin smiled and looked at her. "We haven't really been close." He looked out at the city. "And there has always been a group. To be perfectly honest, I feel directionless." He shifted his head to the side. "Jasmine, this is going to sound stupid but I... well I've never gone without a first."

"A first?" Jasmine asked, curious.

"Well you know, I'm always second hand guy...Brad was always the leader and then he died but then Melanie managed to just take up the position like a champ, even for a girl and she kind of...made it a united group. Nothing was split anymore, no more guys side, no more girls side. Well you get how it was, you were a part of it." Kevin shook his head. "But now what?"

"Now who's going to really care?" Jasmine crossed her arms on her knees and put her chin on her arms and shrugged. "I still care, I was happy with everything. Honestly though, it's weird but my view on it is, and it's really weird, but it seems like now we're the outcasts and it's the others who have become the shallow drama...people."

Kevin shrugged. "I think it's to soon to judge. Don't get me wrong, I am pissed at what Jaemin, Cody and Miracle did but it's not quite enough to say they are the evil villainous popular kids...at least not yet. Takes a lot more time to earn that title. Trust me, you have to build the reputation as a stable united front. In other words, you have to get a large number of people to notice it, that makes it popular."

Jasmine thought about it and grinned. "You're the expert, I'm just the lunch girl."

Kevin laughed. "I am sorry about that." He looked at her and shook his head. "It's just the way it goes, one decides it's funny so everyone falls in line. Sorry ass excuse." He paused. "To be honest, you really earned the title for funny and it wasn't for being the lunch girl." Kevin slid off the hood of the car and moved to stand in front of her. "It was for being the firefighter."

Jasmine grinned and gave Kevin a light shove and slid off the car. "Firefighter? That's a very big transition from lunch girl."

Kevin laughed, stumbling back a couple of steps. "Well you did it and it benefited to the pleasure of my laughter because it feels good to laugh."

Jasmine smiled and then shook her head. "So what happens now?"

Kevin looked away thoughtfully. "I think it's me versus Miracle."

"Why?" Jasmine looked at him oddly. "What competition and why make one?"

"Friendships, I think a few are not going to know where they stand." Kevin said.

"I think a few are going to be terribly torn. Though if you're looking to win some, start with Robin." Jasmine grinned. "I know I'm not her biggest fan but she doesn't talk about you to horribly."

"That's funny." Kevin grinned. "So far the only girl Robin has ever really respected was Sarah."

"Well in her eyes Melanie was..." Jasmine paused. "Well...Melanie." She quickly changed subject of persons. "And I was crazy girl!" A bright smile appeared, as if she was proud of the title.

Kevin shook his head. "It's okay, I know she hated Melanie." The hint of a smile remained and then he laughed. "And yes, you were crazy girl to her. And I bet she wasn't to happy about waking up draped so dramatically across her front porch steps."

"Hey, I worked hard on that, laying her on her back, threw one arm across her stomach, put the back of her other hand on her forehead. It was photography worthy, just hope she didn't mess it up." Jasmine laughed. "I borderline some evil, okay?!" She fell back against the hood of the car.

"You probably didn't get any credit of anger from her, unless someone else told her, she probably thinks Melanie did it." Kevin smiled and wrapped a single arm around Jasmine and hugged her briefly before letting go. "Sorry, but it's one thing you got going for you, evil behind the curtain, no one suspects you. And if they do? You're crazy girl."

Jasmine sighed. "I'm going to miss her. Sarah too but...Melanie was one of a kind." She frowned and looked down.

"Me too." He wrapped his arms around her and pulled her close. "I should probably get you home."

Jasmine rested in his arms. "Yeah, you should. Maybe we can find something to do tomorrow on our sadly unplanned spring break."

Kevin smiled. "Yeah, sounds good." He let her go and the two moved away to get back into the car so that Kevin could head towards Jasmine's to take her home.

"Okay boys, we'll ditch this piece of shit at the airport, make them think she flew to heaven's gate." Skylar grinned as Sterling pulled into the parking garage of the airport. "Then you two can answer to Miracle faster. Yay!" Skylar sarcastically clapped for them.

Sterling's teeth clenched in anger and he roughly yanked the steering wheel and yanked the truck to the left and into a parking spot, causing Skylar to lightly slam into the door on her side.

"Jack ass!" Skylar narrowed her eyes at him and then looked at her phone. "Timing is about right, lets go!" She opened the door and purposely slammed it into the car beside them and hopped out, walking away, not caring if the door securely shut or not.

"Really? Why would they think she flew away?" Sterling asked, following after her. "You're just fucking us up more! Do you not even care about anything? I'm surprised you're not in prison!"

Skylar spun around and lifted a hand as if she were about to slap Sterling, a look of murderous anger on her face but then her hand fell and as quick as it came, a pleasant smile appeared. "Well for one, I think I stole all of her college money. Yeah, you see I found this little bank account in her name, hacked into it and it had quite a bit stashed away. Took a little for myself. Don't worry, I wired it through random peoples accounts, did all kinds of mixing and matching until said amount ended up into mine."

Skylar smiled. "Shall we go on?" She turned around and walked on, Jaemin and Sterling following after her like the bitch dogs she had made them.

"God! If I have to sit through Gone With The Wind one more time, I will jump out of the plane and be gone with the wind!" Miracle dramatically ranted as he came through the airport, snagging his part of the luggage up and heading through the crowd, just wanting to catch the scheduled cab and deal with Jaemin.

Cody laughed as he followed Miracle and shook his head. "I love it when you rant. I feel sorry for Jaemin, an already annoyed you turns into a pissed off you or possibly an enraged furious you to which I have yet to ever have witnessed."

"I'm going to punch someone in the face! It's time I get serious! I'm going to be like Jasmine!" Miracle said, his voice obnoxiously louder than everyone else's.

Skylar laughed as she walked inside with Sterling and Jaemin. "Sounds like someone's in trouble..." She patted them both on the chest. "Good luck! I got another job to finish!"

"What?! You do all this to us and you're just leaving us here?!" Jaemin looked at Skylar.

"When it's over...come to Cody's church tonight and pray, I guarantee that you will hear God speak to you guys." Skylar kissed both of their cheeks and then walked out of the airport.

Sterling looked at Jaemin. "Now what is she going to do?"

"Probably do something horrible to Robin, punish her for Cody just because Skylar is backwards, she would probably even read and write the bible backwards..." Jaemin said.

"That made no sense at all. But I think I get your point..." Sterling said before he felt a tap on his shoulder and he glanced at Jaemin and turned around only to get punched in the face.

"Get that point!" Miracle said.

"Oh my god...you really did it." Cody's eyes widened and his hands started to lift to cover his mouth.

Sterling stumbled back, grunting from the pain and then he looked up at Miracle with a now busted lip.

Jaemin's eyes widened.

"First I have to leave my fucking vacation that you're sorry mother fucking ass sends me on which could have been ro-mother-fucking-mantic but you send me off and away because you have some stupid ass issues and then some random blonde bitch sends me a video of you two on Sterling's fucking bed because for some fucking reason beyond God's universally forever ever world shes spying on you from the roof top of the building across the damn street! Then she calls me and tells me that Sterling hurt her ego because you ruined her ego because of all of her years of combative training you just pushed her out of her Daddy's friends SUV and stole it and why you were with her is beyond my reasoning because I had to ask her why the fuck you guys weren't in the mother fucking bed fucking like normal people do when they start kissing on a bed! Then everyone on the plane looks at me and Cody has to call Robin to go after you and then I have to deal with her mean ass judging me up and down and finally I get here after having to suffer the last two hours watching Gone With The Wind, and you know what?! I wish I jumped out the plane and goned with the wind!"

Miracle finished his monologue and by now had the entire airport watching them but he didn't care. He took a deep breath, red in the face by this point.

"Yeah...he's very... ranty right now." Cody said, timidly.

Jaemin stared at Miracle and his mind was just a blank, he had no words for that kind of reaction. "I...don't know what to say."

Miracle looked up at him after that long pause. "That's a first, usually cheaters beg for forgiveness..or is that coming in a minute? We got an audiance, need to make the script right." He tilted his head, speaking sarcastically.

"Miracle, lets not do this here. Please? Look, it's complicated. Don't you want to know why we didn't..." His eyes shifted to the side at everyone else and Jaemin lowered his tone. "Why we didn't fuck? Because yeah, we didn't. We ended up in the SUV with Skylar. And don't you want to know how that happened? How we ended up with our spy?"

Miracle stared at Jaemin and his eyes widened. "You set it up, the three of you." He took a step back. "You did it all on purpose..."

"Miracle, that's crazy. Why in the hell would we do that?" Sterling looked up at him.

"Shut up!" Miracle looked at Sterling, his eyes watering up. "Both of you can just go to hell." He shook his head and rushed out of the airport and headed for the cab.

Jaemin started to go after him and so did Cody but Sterling grabbed Jaemin's arm. "Wait." He said and then stepped in front of Cody. "It was not some plot, the woman is crazy and she said something about praying at your Dad's church tonight."

"Praying at my Dad's church?" Cody looked confused.

"We need to go." Sterling said.

"No..I won't go." Jaemin shook his head. "You deal with the bitch, she is not ruining the one person I love just because I had some weird need to express affection for you. I did it, the need is fulfilled, it's done." Jaemin rushed out to grab another cab since Miracle's took off.

Sterling sighed. "Cody, we need to go."

Cody shook his head. "Lets go, if something bad is happening." He sighed and pushed through the doors, walking out with Sterling, by that point the crowd had long resumed to their own business, they hadn't paid attention all that much after Miracle's screaming, maybe their attention lingered a minute or so but that had been it.

"Well here we are." Kevin said, shutting off the car now that he was parked in Jasmine's driveway.

"Yeah..." Jasmine watches as one rain drop falls onto the windshield and then another before it soon starts to rain. "And this is my luck." She laughs and removes her seatbelt.

"Maybe it's karma? Put out the fire?" Kevin laughs and shakes his head. "Sorry I didn't bring my handy dandy umbrella."

"Cute and corny." Jasmine said as she laughed and leaned sideways into the seat, listening to the rain. "And I didn't bring my backpack."

"Dora the explorer?" Kevin grinned and laughed. "Now that's corny!"

"Hey! I win!" She nods. "I win at everything I do!" She gives a proud and confident nod.

"Haven't seen you lose yet." Kevin smiled and then it faded. "You know, it might be to soon to say and don't think on this to heavily because it's just a heat of the moment's thought."

"What is it?" Jasmine asked.

"Maybe...if fate works a certain way, I don't know, we could give it a shot? I mean we seem to get along well enough."

Jasmine smiled. "Who would of thought?" She nodded. "Maybe. It has to be friends right now though. I can't be a rebound. Did you know you can still rebound even if it's not a break up?"

"Yeah." He laughed. "I'm a jock, not a dumbass, even though the rules of the world says we're supposed to look like it." He shook his head. "But I know that. I have to properly deal with Melanie, just because she isn't here, it doesn't mean it's over. I have to make it over and be okay with it..and then I can move on."

"And I hope that works out for you. I kind of like the way you talk about it, as if shes still sort of here." Jasmine said.

Kevin nodded. "It's odd but I guess it's my way of dealing." Kevin then took his seat belt off. "Let me get you to the door as...well as dry as possible." He opened the door and climbed out, running around to her side, opening the door.

Jasmine climbed out and into Kevin's arm as he ducked over her and the two rushed for her porch and stepped beneath it and though Kevin tried, they were both soaked. He stepped back and shook his hands and made a face. "Eh..well I tried."

Jasmine shook her head and ran her hands through her hair and laughed. "It's okay. I should enjoy it and just go dance in it." She looked up at him. "Maybe that's why my hair used to be so awful."

"Nah, rain doesn't cause that. Actually dancing in the rain, it's a cool thing, some people though, they get annoyed when the drops hit them. I kind of can't stand it but it's weird because it's not much different than a shower, it's just cold." Kevin leaned a shoulder into the wall beside the door.

"Well if you're ever going to be with me, you're going to have to take it like a man." Jasmine leaned in close and then grinned and poked him in the nose. "Night, jock."

Kevin laughed and stepped back. "Night firefighter." He laughed, watching Jasmine head inside and turned around to return to his car but before he stepped off the porch, his phone vibrated and he pulled it out, seeing it was a text from Sterling.

"Cody's church?" Kevin frowned. "Like I need to deal with him right now? And my night almost ended perfectly." He sighed and headed for his car.

Sterling and Cody pulled up to the church in Robin's red pickup that Sterling took back, surely against Skylar's wishes and he soon seen Kevin's corvette pulling in from the other side of the parking lot. All three got out and headed towards the door.

"So what's going on?" Kevin asked Sterling and then looked at Cody. "And for the record, me, you? Not good terms."

"Okay, long story but there is a crazy girl, told us to come and pray and said something about a repetition of Jesus dying but it's for his sins." Sterling said.

Kevin looked at Sterling and blinked several times. "Yeah? And how do you know she picked this one? And where does she think she's going to get a Jesus? Why would you even be talking to her for her to tell you to go pray?"

"Because shes hot." Sterling paused. "You would think so anyway."

"Can we just go in and stop questioning?! All the answers are inside, obviously!" Cody chimed in with his sensible wisdom.

Kevin looked at Cody. "Jesus dying for his own sins?" He looked at Sterling. "If it's what I'm thinking..." Kevin turned and headed for the door, Sterling and Cody following as they ran inside.

The church was dark, always kept dark at night but it was different this night, the overhead light above the stage where the altar was had been turned on and it shined brightly in a perfect display for something to be there and yet nothing was there. Kevin looked back at Sterling and Cody and he stopped in the middle of the aisle. He gazed around, looking for a sign.

The soft sound of piano keys being played in two tones could be heard every few seconds in the same two taps and Sterling drew in a breath, seeing no one at the public piano up front, it had to be coming from somewhere else.

"I'm scared..." Cody said.

All of a sudden loud music played out on the surround sound speakers and their eyes widened as a large cross was lowered from the vaulted ceiling and Cody's Dad was nailed to the cross by his hands and feet, a terrified look in his eyes, naked with nothing on but a white sheet pinned around his lower frame. The sound of a deep laughter, a she-devil could be heard.

"Don't be scared Cody." Skylar said, though her voice rang out in the masked she-devil voice over the speakers. "I told them, tonight Jesus...would die for his sins."

And then an arrow flew through the air and stabbed Cody's Dad in the stomach and the man cried out but the sock gag mumbled his vocals.

"And this is just the beginning." Skylar grinned as she looked down at them from above where it was dark, where they couldn't see her.

Copyright © 2014 x Trevor x; All Rights Reserved.
  • Like 2
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this author. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new stories they post.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

Omg, she is fucking CRAZY!!!!!! What is WRONG with her????

 

On another note, Yay for Miracle for telling off Jaemin! But then again, HE'S the one who really cheated! lol

Link to comment
On 12/28/2013 08:50 AM, Lisa said:
Omg, she is fucking CRAZY!!!!!! What is WRONG with her????

 

On another note, Yay for Miracle for telling off Jaemin! But then again, HE'S the one who really cheated! lol

Who knows what is wrong with Skylar lmao.
Link to comment
View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..