Jump to content
    x Trevor x
  • Author
  • 7,800 Words
  • 1,419 Views
  • 2 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

Like a Train Wreck - 53. Chapter 53: 18th Birthday

The windows shattered as the bullets flew through the house and Hunter shifted up and fired a few rounds towards the bikers and then he leaned back down as more shots were fired, Craig leaned up and shot a few rounds off himself.

"This is insane! There aren't even that many of them!" Hunter tensed up.

"It was insane when it happened last time! At least they just drove by and left!" Erica crawled towards the hall way and stood up, running off and into the bed room and then she dived to the floor by the bed as bullets flew through the front window.

Dayna looked out her door and stared down the hall at Erica. "Woman! You should of come in here, back windows!"

"I'm not getting up again!" Erica scrunched up beside the bed.

"Still want those big windows?!" Jaemin looked at Miracle. "Stay in here!" Jaemin walked down the hall and pressed his back against the wall and took a look around the corner only to jerk back, dodging a bullet.

Issac had disappeared around the corner, past the master bed room and down three steps to the back door to which he exited and scaled the outer wall and slightly looked around the back, though the bikers seemed to have all of their attention on the house. He pulled out his phone and called Jaemin's phone.

Jaemin's eyes widened when his phone rang, not like it would give them away. He pulled it out. "Issac? Where are you?!"

"Back yard." Issac said.

"Oh my god, get back in the house!" Jaemin demanded.

"No! Look, they have all of their attention on the house, it would make a better strategy to surprise them from the outside." Issac explained.

"And what are we going to do? Start fighting and hope we don't get shot?" Jaemin asked.

"We're not chop liver, we could disarm them, we just can't be the main attraction. We attack them from the back." Issac said.

"Fine, stay there." Jaemin hung up. "Hunter!" He called out as loud but as quiet as possible for him to hear. "Come here." He gestured with his fingers.

Hunter looked at Craig. "Hold the fort and be careful." Hunter crawled across the floor and around the corner of the hallway and stood up. "What?"

"Issac has an idea." He grabbed Hunters arm and pulled him down the hall and around the corner and out the back door.

"Woah!" Hunter stopped and pulled his arm away from Jaemin. "What is it?"

"Go around that way, go in from the drive way side, pull their attention away from the house, or at least split it between you and Craig, use the car as protection. Jaemin and I will come in from behind." Issac explained. "Don't second guess me, just do it."

Issac grabbed Jaemin's hand and ran across to the neighbors back yard before going around the far side of their house and looked down at the gang of attackers and grinned. "This is what I call playing in the front yard."

"This is new to you, wait till you get tired of it." Jaemin shook his head.

Hunter ran around the house and quickly ducked down beside the lexus and then leaned around and shot at the nearest biker, hitting him in the shoulder, causing them obvious disruption as they looked around. Hunter quickly pulled back, not wanting to give up his location. All the while Craig leaned up and took a shot, hitting that same biker in the chest, causing him to fall to the ground and the bikers attention went to the house with a vengeance.

By this point Jaemin and Issac had run around the neighbors and the short distance down the street. Issac grinned as he stepped up onto Jaemin's hands and quickly launched himself up and flipped over, landing between two of the shooters. Once the shooter ahead of the furthest shooter became alerted, he turned around and Issac ducked, causing the shooter ahead to accidently shoot the furthest shooter in the face.

That was when Jaemin ran forward and kicked the gun out of the mans hand and then threw a punch to his face, in the mean time, Issac rolled between the shooters legs and stood up and jumped on the next biker and swung his lower body around, kicking another biker in the back, sending him to the ground. He released his object of a biker and landed on the ground, grabbing the gun and shooting that biker in the throat.

Hunter leaned around the lexus and took a shot at one of the bikers, hitting him in the back of the head, seeing Jaemin and Issac stealing their attention. He ran forward and then skidded to a stop as Craig fired a shot and killed the last of the two bikers left.

Jaemin dodged an attempted punch by the man and dipped under his arm, spinning around and then jumping up, throwing a kick to his face, knocking the last biker down. Then he landed on his feet on the ground and grabbed the man's gun and walked up. Jaemin, Hunter and Issac now aiming three guns on the last shooter.

"You kill me, I'm not afraid to die." The biker said. "This was just a warning."

The sound of sirens as the police were arriving on the scene. "Worse, you can go to prison." Hunter pocketed his gun and walked away.

Jaemin followed Hunter.

Issac grinned and kneeled down. "You remember your childhood? Playing in the front yard? This makes playing in the front yard, well, ten times the suspense." He patted the man on the cheek. "Yo, cops! This criminal is alive!" Issac tossed the gun to the far side as officers run to cuff the man. Issac headed off towards the house.

July 2009

"Making their wedding on my birthday was creative, lots of fun and celebration! Though, I have to admit, I've never been to a wedding before." Miracle looked at himself in the mirror.

"Well it was nice of them to turn the reception into your birthday party." Issac smiled and stood behind Miracle, looking at him in the mirror. "You look so perfect."

"Just like Erica, what she did was wrong, but Miracle, you do have a truly amazing mother." Jaemin said.

"I know I do, she wouldn't of done it if my father hadn't abandoned us." Miracle looked at Jaemin. "It's all his fault. We both got messed up." Miracle smiled and looked into the mirror again. "But it's okay now, we're both on top of the world, with people we both love."

There was a knock on the door. "I'll get it." Jaemin said and he walked towards the door only to see Jeremy standing there, not dressed for a wedding, thankfully. "Oh my god."

Issac and Miracle turned around.

"Seriously?" A grin of disbelief broke out on Issac's face and he walked closer to the door. "What the hell are you doing here? Miracle explained the napkin to you. He's had enough done to him, he doesn't need another stalker."

Jeremy looked between Jaemin and Issac. "I wasn't completely honest the last time you saw me. This...is actually business. Classified business."

"We are not leaving you alone with him, no way." Jaemin shook his head.

Miracle walked closer to the door. "Man? I don't need another stalker." Miracle stood there, looking as if he could go into tears. "Business? Classified?"

Issac shook his head. "That excuse goes on the lame radar if I've ever seen it." He looked at Miracle. "You see? You're already upsetting him!"

"Please?" Jeremy looked at Jaemin. "I promise that you will understand."

Miracle shook his head. "Okay, you know what? Issac, Jaemin, just get out and I'll fuck his brains out and hope he leaves a happy man and never bothers me again. Seriously! Just get out!"

"Miracle..." Jaemin looked at him.

"Just go! I'm sorry, it sucks, it's going to make you mad and I'll have to do a lot of apologizing but I need to get rid of this man!" Miracle closed his eyes. "Just go."

"Don't do it." Jaemin said. "We worked so hard to get past that, Issac and I even bonded, came together, and part of that was for you. Don't hurt me, don't hurt him." Jaemin took Issac's hand and pulled him out.

"You see what you're doing? You're ruining lives." Miracle walked over to the bed in the hotel where the wedding was being held in the ball room. "Okay, so lets just get this over with."

Jeremy watched both teens leave and he walked inside and shut the door. "That's not what this is about. It's actually about Eric."

"Oh my god! That's even worse!" Miracle spun around. "What about him? Did he send you to get me? Or maybe he just made a speech for you to beg for me."

"I just know that you could give me information about Eric, information that I need." Jeremy looked down, hoping to keep this short for the risk that it caused, the fact that Miracle thought he was there to take advantage of him, he wondered if he felt that about everyone. That would be a sad thing.

"Okay, I met Eric in Australia, we fucked, I thought we would fall in love, but no, he gets out of bed and tells me to be gone within the hour because he is bringing his fiance back after dinner. I left the bed unmade, they came back and there I was, throwing my popcorn away and I outed him. To bad the engagement was a sham, takes away my home wrecker reputation." Miracle sat in a chair.

Jeremy tried not to be jarred by every horrid punch that his sons life came at him and frowned. "And?"

"Well, then he figures out that I'm the adopted son of Craig, who saved my boyfriend two years prior, who was kept captive by Eric for his sex ring, Eric was pissed and wanted to take Craig's son, Hunter was the original target until he figured out who I was, via Rachel, school counselor. You can bet he regrets how he treated me that first time we were together. So he became obsessed with me, won't let go, it's a simple, mad, psychotic obsession."

Jeremy looked up, shocked by the mention of Rachel. "Really?" His hand balled up into a fist. "So you don't know anything about Eric's criminal activity?"

"Well his sex ring, obviously. Oh and he ran a fake adoption agency, that's how I ended up with evil David, of course my Mom didn't know any better. They blackmailed my boyfriends Mom, so add blackmail, if that counts. Oh and he drugged me and kidnapped me, all my friends had to save me and in trying, one killed herself. Criminally wrong or just immoral? I don't know. Then he hired a psychologist to spy on me and report our sessions, break the doctor patient confidentiality laws, if Jordan even was a real psychologist in study."

Jeremy nodded, writing things down. "Anything else?"

"Well, you can go to prison and talk to Martha about Robin and her fetus. I know for a fact Jordan had that detonator, he worked for Eric. Oh and then you toss in that he kidnapped Faye, killed Brian, threatened to kill Issac and tried to kidnap Dayna and fled his island home, that about wraps it up." Miracle smiled at Jeremy. "You don't look like a cop."

"I'm a bit higher up than a cop." He said, though that put it very mildly. He wrote these things down and stood up. "Listen, I'm sorry for upsetting you and being weird."

"At least you didn't want to..."

"No..." Jeremy interrupted. "This will sound weird but I care a lot about you and given..." Jeremy shook his head. "Well, I should go." Jeremy then turned around and headed towards the door.

"Wait." Miracle said.

Jeremy stopped and his eyes shut, afraid that Miracle recognized him from a possible memory. "Yeah?"

"Why do you care?" Miracle asked.

Jeremy looked down. "Miracle, in life, some questions shouldn't be asked and if they are, some shouldn't be answered. And then there are questions where you have to wait for the answers because it's better that way and when the answers come, you will understand why."

Miracle grinned. "Someone once told me that when people talk like that, they want to sound wise and mysterious. Translation? You want to avoid the question, but sometime in the future, you want to tell me."

Jeremy smiled a little. "Keep that theory, if it's what suits you." He took a deep breath, his smile faded.

Miracle laughed a little and shook his head. "Oh it's more than a theory. Sorry I can't give you more about Eric, he had a habit of working through people, like Jordan or even worse, like Skylar. Though the sad thing about that, she really just wanted to be with us, dated my brother in secret, without Eric finding out."

Jeremy's eyes widened in anger. Eric stalked and made one of his kids and obsession and then used the other like a pawn? That just reminded him that Rachel was going to be in for it the next time he saw her. "You helped enough." Jeremy walked out the door and shut it behind him, taking off.

Jeremy slammed his fist against Rachel's door. "Open the damn door! I know you're in there!"

Rachel yanked the door open and her eyes widened. "How did you find me?"

"It's the city, eyes are everywhere." Jeremy pushed past her and walked in, turning around. "What did Eric make Skylar do? Is he the reason shes dead? Why don't you tell me the whole story!"

Rachel turned around and shut the door. "I don't know what the fuck Erica did! I went back to the house! I needed money, I needed your help! I got to the house with Skylar and it was empty, for sale sign was up and everyone was gone! Eric showed up and we talked and he said he would help me!"

"So it's true, Erica gave Miracle to Eric's fake adoption agency, he tricked her and that bastard gave him to that man." Jeremy shook his head at Rachel, filled with rage. "So why would he go trying to find Erica again?!"

"Because that's what he does! He gets women to pose as the workers for the agency, they sign the paper work and take the kids! I imagine someone like Erica didn't have a fucking clue how adoption really works! Well that's not how it ends, after the kid is taken, Eric comes with the paper work and tells the mother what she really did and that if she changes her mind and tries to find her child and they get caught, she will go down with them."

Rachel then let out a brief laugh. "Except Erica, lucky Erica, takes off before Eric gets to her."

"Good for her, as angry as I am at her. What I want to know is what you did and what it did to Skylar. I already know a bunch about what Erica caused for Miracle and if I ever see her..." Jeremy shook his head. "Tell me about Skylar!"

Rachel flinched at his tone and sighed, walking towards the couch. "Okay." She turned around. "So the deal was that Skylar was raised as his daughter, I was his sister, Aunt Rachel and her mother was a one night whore, no where to be found. In exchange, Skylar got the best upbringing anyone could ask for, financially. And I got hired to do various jobs for him."

Jeremy stared at her and a sarcastic grin appeared and he briefly laughed. "Oh my god! So let me get this straight, you stood right there, watched her grow up believing another man was her father and that you, her mother, was actually a sleazy whore, no where to be found when you actually weren't and instead, you were right there pretending to be aunt?" He laughed even more. "I...honestly can't even try to process who the worst mother could be between you and Erica."

"At least I stayed with my child, I could have taken her at any time that I wanted. Can Erica say that she kept any sort of control of the situation?" Rachel asked, crossing her arms.

"And who's Child's alive?" Jeremy asked.

"Miracle had a close call last year, tried to overdose." Rachel narrowed her eyes.

Jeremy shook his head. "You know what? That's not even the point. Lets stick with facts here, point is, you didn't take her, you didn't take control, you continued to stay in the financial safety and security of Eric. You see, both you and Erica were selfish in your own ways. You hurt your child for money, Erica hurt her child because.."

"Because she couldn't have the man." Rachel interrupted. "Miracle was only an accessory, like a keychain. Just another face to make that family portrait even better, but the family can survive with or without the kid, you take the husband out and it's ruined. Where did you go?"

Jeremy looked up at Rachel. "I would love to clarify that with you right now, unfortunately I'm not free to say, but I will be soon, I have to be careful so that I can be there for the one kid I have left, since the mothers of my kids did such a bang up job."

Rachel nodded. "And he's not even going to say. That's a real winner." She clapped her hands. "So, you want to know what happened? Well, me and Skylar lived up here, I spent some time in Eric's island home but he bought this house for me, told me it would be weird for the Aunt to live there. So then Craig, well he rescued Jaemin. Craig is...Miracle's adoptive father, adopted once Miracle was rescued and actually put into a legal system, he got out lucky. How nice for him. I'm sorry, I won't take my anger out on him."

Jeremy shook his head. "Go on."

"Well after that happened, Eric swore to get Craig's son, at the time it was thought that he only had one, Hunter. Well I was placed to work at the high school as the counselor, mostly just to have something to do but when Craig's family moved here, well, I was to be on the look out in case Jaemin enrolled, Hunter was going to college by then. That's when I met Miracle and eventually learned that Craig and Martha had a second son, adoptive though, he made that quite obvious in our sessions. When I reported it to Eric, all he said was that he recognized him, that they had an encounter in Australia, he became fixated with the younger of the two sons." Rachel said.

"Why? Wouldn't he rather take the biological one?" Jeremy asked.

Rachel grinned. "Martha made a big mistake, she worked, staying in an orphanage, one of Eric's and his fathers. She apparently met Craig, they hit it off and then she stole one of the babies and ran away and passed it off as Craig's. Again, you'd still think that would make him want Hunter more, but for whatever reason, he fixated on Miracle." She shrugged.

Rachel went on. "Thing is, when Miracle went on describing memories of his birth parents, it made me start thinking. Of course there was no proof but it was very close to home, the way he described where he lived before, what it was like. I questioned Eric about it, that's when he went into the files and showed me Erica's file. I knew then who he was."

Jeremy nodded. "And Skylar?"

"I never thought he would do it, but Skylar was raised, trained in combat, I tried to tell myself it was simply for self defense. The older she got, the more I was distanced from her but when Eric, I assume, knew he had her the way he wanted her, I was allowed to be closer again. He trained her to be one of his...assassins, I guess is the best word for it. That's how she died, she was supposed to kill people in Miracle's life, instead she only killed a friends Dad, someone who was actually cruel to his son. She died in a house fire that she set up to kill another of Miracle's friends." Rachel frowned.

"And let me guess, you were cut off after that?" Jeremy asked.

"Pretty much." Rachel said as she sat on the couch.

"Now...I would pretty much say that you and Erica are pretty damn close for screwed up mothers." He shook his head. "At least Miracle got to be free, no thanks to Erica, and then you ruined that by reporting who he was." Jeremy shook his head and walked towards the door.

Rachel glared. "Yeah, well, until I hear where you were and unless it's really damn good enough, I still call deadbeat dad. Oh wait, for me that's the truth anyway. You had your affair, then just stuck with it when I left. Though if you hadn't of left her, at least you would of been there, maybe you would have, when I came back for help."

Jeremy looked at Rachel. "There's a lot of what ifs...and I don't want to dwell on them, just make them right." He walked out.

"Bastard." Rachel looked over at the wall.

Jeremy walked out to his car and then climbed in, he then pulled up his shirt to reveal a recorder and yanked the silver tape off, folding it up as he grabbed the recorder with his other hand and hit the button to stop it from recording. He grabbed his phone and hit a speed dial. "I got the recording. I'm on my way to HQ, if you can nail her for anything on it, be my fucking guest." He pulled the phone away and hung up, speeding off.

"The wedding was so beautiful. I'm glad I got to be the bridesmaid!" Jasmine smiled, walking into her Dad's restaurant where Miracle's party, slash, reception was being held.

"I need to send the video to Martha. You think they would let her have a television long enough to watch it?" Miracle grinned as he walked in and moved off to the side and slid into one of the booths as the place filled with various people, most he didn't even know. "I hope my Mom doesn't feel awkward. She has no family, I can't really believe it."

"Well, lets just hope Craig doesn't have those snooty kind of parents that are going to spend the night interviewing her and comparing her to..." Issac trailed off as he slid into the booth next to Miracle.

"Stepford wife." Miracle grinned.

"Maybe she'll slap them if they do." Jaemin sat across from Issac, deciding to let him have some close time with Miracle. "If shes feeling tough tonight."

"Well if she doesn't, all I have to do is find out and my Dad's restaurant will be a bar brawl mess, I'm not scared." Jasmine waited until Dayna slid into the middle and then she sat down beside her. "That's why I need to be on the outside, I don't know acrobatics but I can climb on one of these tables and jump tackle them."

Miracle grinned at Jasmine. "Well, I am glad that they love each other, the only downside is that it kind of would have been cool if it was your Dad, then we could be step siblings!"

Hunter sat beside Issac and then laughed. "Miracle? You'd break up our sibling ship?!"

"Awe, Hunter, we had a lot of good years together but my heart is drawn to Jasmine now." Miracle smiled.

"Oh my god! I know we're talking about sibling ship but you almost sound like Sterling, it's kind of creepy." Jasmine laughed.

Miracle laughed and cuddled close to Issac. "That still freaks me out. Like, how could he just do that? I don't get it. I mean I know a lot of people do like the bisexual thing and turn it into a fashion statement, which is kind of like, awful, but then to do it backwards? I didn't mess him up that bad."

"I think it's about Ashley, maybe she was on a mission but the question is, why did she pick Sterling?" Jasmine asked.

"Probably because Robin knew him." Jaemin shrugged.

"Still, on a mission or not, you can't just do that." Miracle said.

"Okay, well we can assume now, and I honestly don't know the guy so I am biased, but shes pregnant with his kid so that binds him, could fuck with his mind. The thing you all need to figure out is what made him get into bed with her." Issac looked around. "And don't think this girl wouldn't go so low as to use dirty methods if it meant a godly outcome, in her eyes, anyway."

"You suggesting date rape?" Jaemin looked at Issac.

"Well a guy is a guy, he is going to naturally get turned on just by being touched and messed with." Issac looked around.

"Ew...graphic." Dayna made a face.

"Well, the playground is down the street, sister!" Issac laughed. "Point is, it's not hard to get a guy physically aroused, it's the mental part you have to work on. Now...if he was gay like you all say he was, then he'd jerk it before messing with a girl, unless the girl had control. Now sex is sex, it feels good no matter what, so a blind fold, it takes away the factor of sight, no girl parts being seen to turn him off. He would just feel and sex feels good, regardless. Maybe even hands tied, if need be. Drugs, possible. Make him a little out of it, maybe heighten the pleasure, whatever the case, it's all about putting him in a state to feel good no matter what, without judgment."

"Well, it's a theory." Miracle said. "But wouldn't he hate her for it? Even send her to jail? It's not like she would know she was pregnant right away."

"If he remembers." Issac said. "But then you can argue that he'd know she did something to him the second she turns up pregnant." He looked at Jasmine. "But you said they'd been talking for a while, making friends, kind of?"

Jasmine nodded.

"Okay, so she is pregnant, it's his, he's not going to send her to jail, because that puts his kid in jail." Issac laughed. "So, putting his feelings aside, because that is all speculation, what we do know is that he feels responsible for this child and is going to be there for the child. Question is, why is marriage and the mom included?" Issac paused. "Well of course the moms included, he's not cold hearted, but why marriage?"

"Uh...maybe it's blackmail?" Miracle looked up and his eyes widened. "Shes threatening to kill the baby. The moms have that power, you know, while they are pregnant."

Jaemin grinned. "Just like you to come up with something like that."

Jasmine started laughing.

Issac grinned. "So what happens when the baby is born?"

"She still blackmails him. While she is pregnant, she makes him fake an argument with her and makes him say he is going to kill the kid, then she holds the recording over his head for the rest of his life, till death do they part." Miracle's eyes got bigger.

Jaemin burst out laughing.

"Good thing you're not a girl, you could really trap a guy." Issac laughed.

Dayna looks up. "If the guy is stupid. The guy might just record her threatening to kill the baby while shes pregnant."

"Mmhmm." Jasmine nodded.

"She still has the power though. If he turns that recording in, she'll kill the baby." Miracle said.

"But once the baby is born and safe in the maternity ward, he can turn that recording in and she never sees him or that baby again." Dayna grinned.

"Then she can turn her recording in." Miracle argued.

"Then the baby just goes to the state and both parents are fucked!" Jasmine laughed.

"The judge rests her case!" Jaemin lightly tapped the table with a closed fist.

Rachel sat in the interrogation room and looked at Ben and Laquisha. "I don't understand why I am here."

"Well, fortunately, an anonymous source delivered a recording to us, a conversation that you had not to long ago. About your daughter." Ben sat down in front of Rachel. "Are you going to cooperate or keep playing stupid? At this point, we can't charge you for anything serious. Maybe a confidentiality violation. Then again, you have knowledge of crimes that were committed, serious crimes, could make you an accessory if you keep protecting who you're protecting or you could be a helpful witness."

Rachel looked at Laquisha and then stared straight across at Ben. "So, you're telling me that you want to file a criminal case against an accessory to crimes committed by someone who's now dead? When the accessories only crimes were knowledge? Kind of makes the whole thing a joke, what point is it when you don't get the real criminal."

"Not when the criminals actions were based on the fact that she was either made, hired, what have you, to do those things by someone who is still alive. Of course, that was only theory, at least until this recording came in, I think you know the conversation." Ben tapped his fingers on the table.

Rachel grinned. "Funny, you can't even find the word for it. She was raised to do it, but she didn't really want to do it. Why do you think she only killed one person? And it was an awful Dad who was cruel to his child none the less."

"And then that same kids mother disappears at the same time? And is found in Eric's home? Or what about how she died? She died in the process of trying to kill a girl in a house fire. Oh and she did kill more than one person." Ben sat back.

"What do you want me to say? She did what she did, I know for a fact that she didn't want to, I know she wanted out. It was a mistake getting involved with him, but I wanted a good life for her, I thought he was going to give her that, by the time I realized the truth, it was to late, he was already to involved, I was afraid of what might happen. So I stuck it out, followed the rules." Rachel looked away.

"You can help us and yourself by making him pay, your knowledge is valuable. I heard that recording, he took advantage of you and your daughter, you can make him pay for it." Ben sat back and looked at Laquisha. "If not, we'll charge you with accessory, you reported to him who Miracle was, that didn't just break confidentiality but that set into motion almost everything and put that boy and his friends in all that danger. Don't think that charge won't stick."

"And it's only one of many, you knew about the sex ring, the fake adoptions, Martha kidnapping a child from..." Ben laughed. "Well, she kidnapped a kid from kidnappers, might aswell say. You even saw the fake file, Miracle's fake adoption papers, where Erica signed him away. Now that's hard evidence. You could of got it and turned it in."

Rachel sighed and looked at the table. "Fine, I'll cooperate, thing is...Eric ordered me to keep Miracle's real father away from Erica. I wasn't given details, he just said to do it. If he didn't need me for that, without Skylar, he would probably just kick me to the curb."

"And who is he? I would be interested, he seems quite secretive himself." Ben said.

"Well, obviously he wouldn't tell me those things." Rachel shrugged.

"Well, keep doing as he asked, if you don't do anything illegal, well just don't kill anyone or mess with any murder, we will give you immunity for anything else, knowledge, anything petty, so long as you provide us every detail that you get from here on out and testify...when we catch him." Ben slid the paper over. "All you have to do is sign."

"Don't worry, he doesn't send me on messy jobs." Rachel frowned and signed the paper. "He put my daughter through that." She sat back and looked at the floor. "And I let him."

"Well, you will get to be a part of making him pay, you're free to go now." Ben nodded.

Rachel sighed, grabbed her purse and got up and left the room.

"Miss Carter." Laquisha shook her head. "Never thought it would be. Now you can't even trust the school staff anymore."

Ben grinned at Laquisha. "Think any of them had a secret double life when we were in high school?" He laughed.

"Want to know what I think? She said she never did any messy jobs? I'd find out where she was when that Bradley Kershaw died, you failed that case." Laquisha left the room.

"Ha ha...nice." Ben looked around the room as his ego deflated.

Miracle pulled up to the church, seeing a large drive able U-haul backed up to the front of it and he parked near by. He looked at Jaemin, puzzled and the two got out, walking around the large truck and looked into the opened church doors.

Cody came out with a box and moved down the steps and sat it on the truck when he noticed Miracle and Jaemin. "Oh...hi." He said, rather distantly as he gave the box a shove, sending it sliding as far back as it would go.

"Whats happening? Well, you're moving obviously." Miracle looked up at Cody.

"My Mom doesn't want to be here anymore. Shes going to stay with my grandparents and since she hates what I am, shes dropping me off with some friends where my sister lives, where she went when they disowned her because she liked parties and drugs better." Cody shrugged.

"Are you sure that's the kind of place that you want to be?" Jaemin asked.

"My sisters very protective of me, I can stay shut up in a room, she won't let anyone bother me." Cody shrugged as he sat down on a step.

"How long has it been since you seen her, though? She could of changed." Miracle said, concerned.

"Well, I don't exactly have any other options." Cody frowned. "And I don't want to be here anymore, so don't offer."

Miracle frowned. "Well, I know someone in Nevada who would take you in."

"Mom's not going that far. Shes going to Tennessee, so it's anywhere between here and there." Cody said.

Miracle looked up at Jaemin. "Are you thinking what I'm thinking?"

"Maybe, what are you thinking?" Jaemin asked.

"Well they did let us take his car." Miracle said.

"That's entirely different from living with them." Jaemin said.

"Just leave me alone, okay? You don't have to stand over me and debate how to help." Cody stood up and waved his hands at the truck. "Besides, I really don't want to go anywhere that you've been. Just go..."

Miracle frowned and stepped back from the truck and turned around, waiting for Jaemin to come around from the other side. He headed towards the car and climbed into the passenger side and looked out of the windshield. "What happened to him?"

"He's traumatized, he wants out, as badly as we do, and unlike us, he can do it." Jaemin shook his head. "Best thing to do is to just..let it be."

"I would just hate if anything happened to him. Those kind of people, bad things happen." Miracle slowly shook his head.

Jaemin started the car and drove out of the parking lot and down the road. "I understand what you're saying. Just..try not to picture awful things."

"Easier said than done." Miracle leaned over and rested his head against Jaemin's shoulder.

"Issac figured out that Sterling and Ashley don't live on the base, Jasmine wants to go to Miami for our vacation, so she figures we can take a plane with an over night stop in Raleigh, drive down there, terrorize them and then pick up the flight from there." Jaemin explained.

Miracle half smiled and nodded. "I'll be a little more enthusiastic when I'm not upset about Cody."

Jeremy walked into the study of Eric's home, a bluetooth attached to one ear while a small camera was attached to his head on the opposite site and he looked around. "Looks normal." He said as he walked to a case of books and then looked at the end of the case, at the corner of the wall. Hands, covered with rubber gloves dipped into the small space between the case and the wall and he pushed it aside, finding it easy to move as it slid into a shaft within the wall to reveal a large case of filing drawers. "Mystery house."

Jeremy grinned briefly and looked over the letter labeling. "No way that he did this himself, has to be networks, this is just the massive storage." He then pulled the desk chair close to the drawers and stepped up, pulling the J cabinet open and started fingering through the files and pulled one out. "It's Erica's, this would be the one that we know for a fact that Rachel actually saw." He opened it and looked at it. "It's a whole file." He flipped through it. "Even the sale, where he was sold."

"That man, David Alexander is imprisoned in Australia." A man said to Jeremy.

"Would he have had direct contact with Eric, you think?" Jeremy asked.

"Doubt it, he probably worked with the care takers."

Jeremy slid the folder into a large bag attached to his belt. "Jaemin, who did he come from?"

"We checked into the FBI, he was taken as a kidnap victim, after his birth. His adoption file was forged entirely, he turned it in, father is listed as unknown and mother is listed as Paula Reyes."

"So that file wouldn't be here, I wonder how he managed to get it." Jeremy stepped out of the chair and sighed. "So we only have one relative file."

"You could look for Hunters."

Jeremy laughed. "That could take forever, that's probably not even his real name, and without a bio Mom to search for?"

"Well, you have another witness. Paula lives in Ohio and supposedly they returned to her with the forged paper and blackmailed her, threatened her, saying if they ever go down, she would go down with them."

"So, aside from the forgery, that was pretty much what they would of done to Erica, if she hadn't split." Jeremy sat at the computer and pulled up the windows.

"Yeah, and then there was that creepy psychologist that worked with Miracle, Jordan, guy disappeared and I have someone going to the clinic where he worked."

"Creepy? Why creepy?" Jeremy asked.

"You're not going to like it."

Jeremy pulled his attention away from the computer. "What is it?"

"Well they caught him in his office viewing a sex tape...of Miracle and a man."

Jeremy frowned. "David?"

"No, this tape had been made in like the last year or so, maybe a little further back but not much."

Jeremy frowned. "Know who the man in the tape is?"

"Not yet."

Jeremy looked at the computer. "This is going to be a long night."

Miracle grinned, wandering around the store and grabbed a laser light. "Hey, this will be cool, someone could hide and aim it on Ashley and make her think a sniper is after her." He laughed.

"Miracle!" Issac laughed. "Why would she think that?"

"Because, she made Sterling join the military so she put herself in danger." Miracle grinned and looked at Issac and Jaemin. "If she lives in one of those stepford neighborhoods, we could get awful rumors started about her."

Jeremy watched the three for a moment before walking over.

"We could stomp someones flower bed and leave a note, Ashley was here!" Miracle laughed.

"Miracle?" Jeremy called out.

"You again?" Jaemin turned around.

"Lets not even start." Miracle sighed but couldn't stop laughing and pushed between Issac and Jaemin. "What is it? Just ask."

"It's...a little personal." Jeremy said.

"Uh...they're my boyfriends, they've gotten all the personal about me, if you know what I mean." Miracle grinned. "So try me."

"It's about Jordan." Jeremy said.

Miracle's grin faded and he looked up at Jaemin briefly and then at Jeremy. "What about him?"

"Well, he had a tape of you." Jeremy said.

Miracle slowly nodded. "Oh the tape. I let him watch it, I wanted to see if he'd be professional, creep watched it all the way through, then I walked out and the man didn't bother to even return it, greedy bastard kept it." He looked up. "You haven't seen it, have you?"

"No." Jeremy shook his head. "I just needed to know who the man was."

"Uh..my teacher and...I ruined his career with it, back in Australia. It's okay though, he came to America and got a nice shiny new job!" Miracle smiled. "Is that all?"

"So there is no connection to Eric?" Jeremy asked.

"I doubt it, that was like...what?" Miracle looked around thoughtfully. "My sophomore year? Yeah because I came to New York and started my junior year." Miracle nodded. "Yeah, that's it. Right?"

Jaemin slowly nodded. "I think. You started here, what? August 07? So then junior would end in May 08 and then senior year..." Jaemin nodded. "Yep, you got it right."

"That's quite young." Jeremy said.

"Well, when you lose your virginity when you're eight? Why the hell wait?" Miracle grinned and turned around and headed down another aisle.

"Is that his chipper thing?" Issac looked at Jaemin.

"Yeah, he can talk about issues and break down and then sometimes he can just toss them around...well, like that." Jaemin went to follow Miracle.

Issac slowly nodded and looked at Jeremy. "Hope you got what you want." He went to catch up with Jaemin and Miracle.

Jeremy shook his head. "Definitely not what I wanted." He said after Issac took off.

"Ooo." Miracle walked over and looked at the paintball guns. "We should use a paintball gun on her."

"What? Shes pregnant." Issac laughed.

"We can shoot her in the knee." Miracle said.

"She'll fall." Jaemin shook his head.

"Then shoot at her hand." Miracle turned around and grinned. "One of us can aim the laser light on her, total sniper effect, and then Hunter can come and shoot a red paintball at her and Sterling will come out and it'll be so dramatic!"

Issac laughed. "Okay, humor him." He grinned at Jaemin. "So who aims the light?"

"Uh...you." Miracle pointed at Issac. "And Jaemin can uh..walk up with Jasmine and call her out, get the domestic dispute going."

Jaemin laughed. "And what are you going to do?"

"It's a little masochistic but...I'm going to fuck my wrists up on handcuffs and then sneak into the house after Sterling runs out so when the cops come, I can run out and tell the cops they have been holding me prisoner and that Ashley has been trying to convert me like she did Sterling."

Issac's eyes widened. "Are you serious?"

"Why the hell not?" Miracle laughed. "Melanie could pull that kind of shit off, why couldn't I do it?" He looked at Jaemin.

"Well..." Jaemin looked at Miracle skeptically. "Melanie never went that far."

Miracle rolled his eyes. "I'm going to get like torture equipment, hammers or something, just toss around some stuff in the basement and then just like, throw the bag in the corner. I'm going to put the cuffs on and I'll need one of you to literally rip them off of my hands, bruises, blood, the works, I need it all real."

"That's a little extreme." Issac said. "Just to get Ashley? And I mean, it's not even guaranteed that you'd get her."

"That's like Tristan's idea in the..."

Miracle shoved Jaemin in the shoulder and his eyes widened.

"We're not doing that." Jaemin shook his head and folded his arms.

"Fine." Miracle looked at Issac. "You going to be the cool boyfriend?"

"He's gone bipolar manic." Jaemin looked at Issac.

Issac held his hands up and took a step back. "I'm going to be the says nothing boyfriend."

"But you just said something." Miracle looked at Jaemin. "Jordan didn't even diagnose me bipolar."

"You trust Jordan?" Jaemin laughed.

"He was a creep but he was good at what he did." Miracle turned around and ran a hand over his head.

Jaemin stepped forward and slowly ran his hands over Miracle's shoulders. "Miracle, just calm...feel calm." He whispered.

Issac watched Jaemin, wondering if that would really work or if Miracle would bite his head off.

Miracle closed his eyes, feeling tense. "It's hard to be calm."

"It's the store, creating to much excitement." Jaemin looked at Issac. "Miracle, just keep your eyes closed." He said as he held onto Miracle's shoulders and started guiding him out through the nearest doors and into the parking lot.

Issac followed after the two and headed out, watching how Jaemin handled Miracle, it was very clear that there was a lot of things that Jaemin knew about Miracle that he didn't, even right down to small things and even how to handle them. It didn't bother him or make him jealous, it just made him realize that he had a lot more to learn from this relationship.

Jaemin reached the car. "Issac." Jaemin pulled out the keys and tossed them over and then opened the back door. "Back seat." He said.

Miracle opened his eyes and climbed into the back seat and laid down, taking calm, deep breaths. "It feels better to be out."

"I knew it would." Jaemin smiled and then climbed into the passenger side. "Just relax." He said and then he looked at Issac. "It's that simple, I want you to watch these things, you need to learn them."

Issac smiled. "I will, I think it's nice that you know these little things." He said as he pulled out and started driving.

Copyright © 2014 x Trevor x; All Rights Reserved.
  • Like 2
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this author. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new stories they post.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

I'm thrilled that Jeremy recorded Rachel and sent the tape to the cops.

 

I can't wait till they nab that murdering psycho Eric.

Link to comment
On 05/02/2014 01:36 PM, Lisa said:
I'm thrilled that Jeremy recorded Rachel and sent the tape to the cops.

 

I can't wait till they nab that murdering psycho Eric.

Yep, someone has to find Eric's weak links and she was one of them.

 

Just wait...lol.

Link to comment
View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..