Jump to content
    x Trevor x
  • Author
  • 6,523 Words
  • 1,001 Views
  • 1 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

Like a Train Wreck - 39. Chapter 39: Shattered

Miracle walked back inside the cabin and looked at Jaemin.

"Good news." Jaemin looked at Miracle after he had the couple blind folded with one of his shredded black tee shirts and their hands tied together behind their backs, binding them to each other. "I had enough of Melanie's drug left to keep them unconscious for a few more hours...but seriously, that was it. Not another drop left of it..."

Miracle closed his eyes. "Thanks Melanie...for one last save."

"Exactly...last save. You'll do good to remember that. No more drugs to save us...at least no more drugs like that." Jaemin looked around and shook his head. "God, it's going to take that entire time just to wipe this place down."

"Maybe we should burn it down? We could set it on fire and then...put a shirt in the gas tank of the van, light it up and put a rock on the gas pedal, let the van drive it's self into the cabin and blow the place up." Miracle suggested.

"Possibly, I just worry...if the fire department manages to get to it and saves any piece of it. I mean all of it has to burn to some degree." Jaemin paused. "Then again, now that I have the bed linens burning up already, all that is really left is finger prints. We're below eighteen, neither of us have had our finger prints taken. I mean if we're not in a database, our finger prints are useless with no one to match them with."

"You mean they didn't take yours when you were got for Brad's murder? Before his parents were made to say they lied?" Miracle asked.

"They came pretty close to charging me, they grilled me for hours luckily and Brendan and his...wife came before they did any of that to me." Jaemin said.

Miracle ran a hand over his head. "Oh my stress levels..." Miracle walked back into the bed room and grabbed his suit case and Jaemin's duffle bag. "Get them outside." Miracle said and then carried their luggage out and walked a little ways out into the yard and laid their luggage down. He watched Jaemin pulling Robin's parents out and off to the side to a safe distance. Miracle dug a tee shirt out and then moved to the van and opened the small door and twisted the lid off of the gas tank opening and it dangled by the string that attached it. Miracle stuffed the shirt in a little ways. "Get the lighter fluid."

"We should set the house first, get it burning and then bash it with the van." Jaemin said. "And you forgot the back packs." He grabbed the grill and tilted it back on the wheels and pushed it inside the cabin to destroy it since they had touched it, he figured better safe than sorry. When he came out, he had both back packs in one hand and then grabbed the bottle of lighter fluid. He walked towards Miracle and tossed the back packs towards him.

"Come on." Jaemin then went back inside.

Miracle watched the back packs land and he grabbed them and turned around, tossing them over with the rest of the luggage and followed Jaemin. "Get all the door ways, the doors, especially the door knobs, the kitchen, the counters, the bed...and the whole bathroom and then just scatter it about in between. Oh and splatter the couch."

Jaemin nodded and proceeded to spread the lighter fluid about in the areas that Miracle suggested, streaming lines in between so that the fire would go from one area to the next.

"I'll go find a rock." Miracle turned around and went back outside and walked over to the lake and looked around and found a good and hefty sized rock, enough to push the accelerator down to the floor board. He picked it up with both hands. "This will do." He turned around and walked towards the van just as Jaemin backed out of the door and sprayed the outside of the door. "Oh...and just for extra measure, spray the inside of the van too. I know that seems a little over kill but for peace of mind, it's worth it." Miracle grinned briefly and shook his head. "Wow...I'm telling a murderer who got away with it how to cover up attempted murder."

"Well Brad's case is completely different, Miracle, it was a school filled with hundreds of students, could of been anyone, inside or outside. He was a jock, had numerous enemies, I am sure. Plus...those two dumbass cops were completely incompetant. Not saying they should of kept harrassing you but any decent cop would not have let you intimidate them. If that Laquisha girl had been on that case, it would probably have been handled differently." Jaemin walked to the van and opened the passenger side door.

"So these are actually good suggestions for this situation." Jaemin concluded as he started spraying the seats and then he noticed the stain that Miracle spoke of and sprayed that extra good.

Miracle reached into his back pack and grabbed his zippo lighter and walked towards the cabin and then grabbed a napkin that was left on the porch from last nights dinner. He opened the door with the napkin and then flicked the zippo and lit the napkin on fire. He then dropped it right in the door way and the fire ignited. "Okay...it's started." Miracle let the door go and quickly backed up before turning around and heading towards the van.

"The shirts ready." Jaemin said.

Miracle nodded and went to the van and pressed the flame against the passenger seat of the van and the flame caught to it and ignited, he backed up and flipped the lid shut. "Okay, go start the van and let it catch good and then get ready to throw the rock onto the gas, I'll light the shirt."

Jaemin nodded and grabbed the rock and ran to the drivers side and opened the door, leaning in and shoving the keys into the ignition and cranking the van up and then he eased back, the seats catching fire quickly. "Ready?"

Miracle opened the lid and flicked the zippo again and lit the shirt on fire. "Do it." Miracle shut the lighter and then started to back away.

Jaemin placed the rock firmly on the gas and then quickly yanked back and pulled away and watched the van speed and crash right into the front of the cabin, crashing into it, destroying a large portion of the front wall.

"Lets go, don't wait for the explosion, Ryders at the end of the path." Miracle grabbed his suit case and his back pack and Jaemin grabbed his stuff and they started off down the path.

Ryder saw the tint of orange light just above the trees and then when he heard the loud boom of an explosion, that was when it really became real to him of what his new friends had actually done. His eyes widened and he just watched the tint grow brighter above the trees.

"Ryder! It's us!" Miracle called out.

"Keep your voice down!" Jaemin said in an alarmed but quiet tone as he pulled Miracle around to the passenger side of Ryders car.

"Get in." Ryder said passively as he stared straight ahead in shock, now just wanting to get out of there.

Miracle climbed into the passenger seat while Jaemin got into the back. "We're so sorry Ryder...but we are so grateful."

"What about Robin's parents?" Jaemin questioned.

"They'll get free...or someone will find them. None of us can call it in." Miracle said.

Ryder slowly nodded. "You're welcome." He said and then pulled the car into drive and headed off.

"So where exactly are we staying?" Jaemin asked. "You're the brains here, Miracle, barking all the orders."

"I'm not barking...and we'll just get a hotel room, I'll give Ryder the money and he can rent it in his name, no trace." Miracle paused. "That is...if you don't mind?" He looked at Ryder.

Ryder grinned nervously and then it faded. "Why not? I've done this much."

"Well I'm going to take a shower, Ryder, thanks again. I really appreciate this." Jaemin nodded and walked off into the bathroom and shut the door, soon the sound of running water could be heard, though faintly due to the sound of the television.

Miracle sighed as he flipped through channels. "Why do they always choose the cheapest cable plans?" He fell back and tossed the remote to the side. "I'm sorry. I always complain about the cable in hotels. Even in the nice ones...the cable sucks."

Ryder nodded and then looked at Miracle. "I guess they assume that you're not going to watch it much."

"Well they should have survey sheets and take down statistics." Miracle sat up and he looked at Ryder. "Hey, do you uh...just want to...spend the night? Theres an extra bed and..we'll kind of need a way to school tomorrow. Just tell the rents you're staying with friends."

Ryder slowly nodded. "I could." He took his phone out and started texting his Mom. "This way they can't argue." He texted her and then flipped his phone shut.

"You can text fast...even with a dumb phone." Miracle grinned.

"After you use them a while, you get the hang of it."

"I never could, I hate those things." Miracle paused and then leaned forward and wrapped his arms around Ryders neck, pulling him close and hugging him. "Thanks again for helping us."

Ryder tensed up, feeling Miracle so close but after a short moment, his arms came up and slowly wrapped around him. "You're welcome." He said after a hesitated moment.

Miracle rubbed the back of his neck with one of his hands and then eased his head back just enough to look at him. "You tensed."

"Yeah, I know." Ryder stared at him.

Miracle grinned and brought his hand away from the back of Ryders neck, along his jaw line and then down over his shoulder and down his chest.

"We shouldn't be doing this." Ryder said, not wanting to say anything but he was already aroused.

Miracle slowly nodded, his hand stopped just at the waist line of Ryders jeans. "If you say so." He grinned and then pulled away and stood up, walking over to the small table and then he sat down in one of the chairs, propping his foot up on the other bed that was closer to it.

Jaemin walked out of the bathroom, steam rolling out as he dried his hair with the towel, a pair of black boxers covering his lower frame. "Miss anything interesting?" He asked.

Ryder looked around awkwardly.

Miracle smiled at Jaemin and shook his head. "Nothing at all...just idle chit chat."

"About what? You don't do idle chit chat." Jaemin grinned and threw the towel to the floor and kicked it off to the side.

Miracle frowned. "I could, I'm not a walking tabloid or a paparazzi."

"Might as well be...with everything you blurt at Max." Jaemin moved towards the bed closest to Miracle and dived onto it and grabbed his foot and started untying his shoe and pulled it off, tossing it to the side and then he started on the other shoe.

"Well...if you want to know.." Miracle looked at Ryder who returned with an anxious gaze and Miracle grinned. "I want to pull a Carrie on Max at prom." Miracle said. "You guys do have that, don't you, Ryder?"

"Prom? Sure, every high school does. I would think." He said, trying to get his mind off of the moment they had just shared.

"Except gangsta high schools. They would rather hang in the parking lots, showing off their new rides and boomin they boom boxes." Miracle tried to talk like one and then grinned.

Jaemin tossed Miracle's other shoe off to the side and grinned. "And what about Texas high schools?"

"They throw deers they hunted on the punch table." Miracle said.

"That's rather judgemental." Ryder said.

"It's stereotypical. I'm just being funny." Miracle shook his head. "Tell you one good thing, they have horses down there...they can build a carriage and the prom queen can ride off into the night on it."

Jaemin reached up and grabbed at Miracle's jeans and unsnapped the button and tugged the zipper down before grabbing the jeans at the waist and giving a firm yank to pull the jeans out from under him and then he pulled them off, right along with his socks.

Ryder couldn't help but to stare as Jaemin was practically undressing Miracle right in front of him.

"Ooo! We should so...spike the punch. Ryder...do you know any drug dealers?" Miracle asked before pulling his shirt off and tossing it to the side. He then moved forward and crawled onto the bed and then he pushed Jaemin back and crawled ontop of him, straddling him as he laid back.

Ryder watched the whole thing and then turned his head away. "Uh...no. But the druggie crowd shouldn't be hard to spot out. Usually ruggedy hair and uh...tattoo's and stuff."

"Hm..." Miracle looked down at Jaemin thoughtfully. "I think I should get a tattoo."

"Really? I don't think you could handle the pain and speaking of..." Jaemin grinned. "Miracle totally freaked when he woke up and thought he had been branded by that guy. I had him write his name with a pen on Miracle's ass and for a split second Miracle fell for it."

Miracle slapped Jaemin's chest. "You're still a jerk for that." He then leaned down and kissed him deeply, feeling Jaemin's arms wrap around him and he pressed forward to press his upper body flat against Jaemins.

Ryder looked up. "Well..maybe I should go. Uh...Miracle, spending the night probably isn't such a good idea." He stood up.

Miracle broke the kiss and looked at Ryder. "No...you need to stay! We're sorry...this is totally awkward for you." He climbed off of Jaemin and took a deep breath. "We're really sorry, sit, we'll find something to watch, a movie or whatever."

Jaemin sat up and looked at Ryder apologetically. "I'm sorry, I started with him. I didn't mean to cause any weirdness."

Ryder stared at them. "Are you sure? I mean if you guys really want each other, I don't want to ruin it."

Jaemin shook his head. "No, really, it's okay. We got time...all kinds of time. We really want you to stay, hang out and the ride tomorrow wouldn't hurt. We have to figure out new transport too." He sighed. "You deserve better treatment from us for how you've helped. This was totally wrong of us."

Ryder nodded. "If you insist." He sat down on the edge of the other bed.

"Uh...guys, I think you should wake up." Ryder said.

"I think you should shut up." Miracle mumbled and rolled over. "I'll make the CIA blow up the school..."

"What is it?" Jaemin asked, becoming slightly more concious than Miracle.

"No really, wake up!" Ryder spoke up, louder and then reached over and shoved at Jaemin's shoulder.

"Leave me alone..." Miracle mumbled and pulled the pillow over his head.

Jaemin's eyes opened and he pushed himself to sit up. "What's going on?" He looked at Ryder.

"The television...look at it." Ryder turned his eyes back to the television.

Jaemin turned his attention to the television to see the remains of the burnt cabin on the news. "Miracle, wake the fuck up." He reached over and gave Miracle a firm shove.

"Damn it." Miracle threw the pillow on the floor and pushed himself up. "What the hell is it?" He looked at the television and his eyes widened.

"The remains of two people were found inside the once peaceful vacation home, their identities have not been released nor do we know if the fire was accidental or intentional. We will come back to you with any new details." The woman on the news said before they flipped over to some other story.

"Woah...how is that possible? We left them outside...they were all the way across the yard." Miracle looked at Jaemin. "That isn't possible."

"Unless they were followed." Jaemin said.

"But then..wouldn't something have happened? I mean, like...anything? They wouldn't have just let us get in someone else's car and drive away." Miracle shook his head. "No, they must have been tracked, got there at the ruins and did this to freak us out."

"This is bad, isn't it?" Ryder looked at them.

"It isn't good." Jaemin frowned.

Miracle closed his eyes and fell back on the bed. "I hate my life..."

"I just don't get how they would know." Jaemin shook his head. "How they would know it was us and not just some...fucked up fire. If they did get there after we left."

"Well for one...they were Robin's parents, tied up, left outside their vacation cabin that was clearly trying to be desperately destroyed, not only by being set on fire but being hit with a van that was set to blow up. A van...that even though it couldn't be identified, they know Cody had the church van, which he no longer has." Miracle sighed. "It would all be pure assumption on their part but if you connect the dots just right, it would all make sense to them."

"We took Cody's van, hid out at the cabin, almost got caught by Robin's parents, had to cover it up." Jaemin nodded. "A simple truth, not hard to figure out, even without physical proof, just need common sense for that." He stood up and walked to his duffle bag to dig out some clothes. "I say we just go to school and go business as usual, they don't know where we are now."

Miracle watched Jaemin. "And if they stick Rachel..." He paused. "Miss Carter in as guidance counselor? Or even Jordan could fit into the role." He looked around. "But then we could hope they would think we wouldn't be stupid enough to stick around." He lifted a hand. "Not that your idea is stupid but it's possible they might spend a day at least covering that base."

"It takes time to establish a job like that." Jaemin looked at Miracle. "They don't just walk in, get hired and pop right into their new office." He started pulling his jeans on. "Miss Carter already assumed her role before you even moved to America."

"Well they still might stake out the place, see if we turn up there." Miracle sighed. "We can't ask Ryder to drive us there now, if they see us with him, in his car, he gets put into the situation like all of our friends in New York, he becomes a target and honestly, I think he would be in more danger than anyone. Once they find us, they won't risk us running away again."

Ryder tossed his keys on the bed. "Take it."

Miracle looked at the keys. "Your car? We can't just take your car. You wouldn't ever be able to have it back, it would forever be tied to us."

"Thats a little bit of a dramatic use of words, Miracle." Jaemin shook his head and fought the urge to grin. "Though it would be tied to us if they spotted us with it."

"Okay, maybe not forever, I would hope not." Miracle went to his suit case and swung it onto the bed and unzipped it to dig through his clothes.

"I don't care, you guys go, I'll call Kyah and tell her that it broke down, I freaked, didn't want my parents to know and so I got a room. She can come pick me up, we'll never be spotted outside of the school together." Ryder nodded, firmly. "Take the keys, I insist."

"I should make a phone call." Miracle looked between them. "If this is them, most likely is, they are already assuming we are here. If I call, make some sort of statement about taking off, maybe it will throw them off and we won't have to leave. Jaemin I don't want to throw another life away unless I have to, unless it's the last resort."

Jaemin looked at Miracle with a worried expression. "Okay but it can't be the room phone, has to be a pay phone." He turned around and walked to the window and pushed the curtain aside and pulled one of the blinds down with his finger tips to look outside, scanning the area. "I don't see anything weird looking, most they could do is drive by the hotels, maybe watch for a little bit. No way they could know which one unless they see us."

"Lets just go." Miracle pulls on a black hoodie and pulls the hood up and grabs Ryder's keys and tosses them to Jaemin and walks to the door and opens it and walks outside, suddenly feeling like small prey near a lions den. "Suddenly...I like claustrophobic, this big open space..feels awful."

Jaemin caught the keys and nodded at Ryder. "We'll see you later." He turned around and headed outside and shut the door. "Just get in the car, don't spend to much time out here." He walked to the driver side and opened the door and climbed in and once Miracle got in, he pulled out and drove off.

"Okay, there's a phone." Jaemin pulled into the parking lot of a convenient store and parked over by a pay phone near the edge of the store's lot.

Miracle dug some change out of the console and took a deep breath and rolled down the window and leaned out and grabbed the phone before depositing the change. He then dialed Jordan's number and sat back, pulling the phone receiver into the car with him, listening to the ring.

"Hello?" Jordan answered.

"I know what you did or what Eric had done. Robin's parents? Don't act stupid. Wait...better yet, you don't have to act because you are. It's a good thing we saw it on the news because we're out of here." Miracle looked over at Jaemin.

Jordan laughed. "Miracle, I am sorry but I just find this funny. You really shouldn't join the drama club. I mean...you are such a dramatic person but...when you actually try to be, when you force it, well it doesn't work to well."

"What are you talking about?" Miracle asked.

"Why would you call me and tell me that you're leaving? Isn't the point of hiding well...to hide?" Jordan asked.

"Maybe I wanted to save you from wasting your time? Maybe I wanted to be a little nice to you Jordan because, for one I really don't give a flying fuck about Martha, I know Robin is in a better place and I take comfort in that despite the fact that you're the sick bastard that caused it but you were actually nice to me and you did help me from time to time, so hey, why not return the favor at least one good time?"

Jordan sighed. "I really wish I could believe you, Miracle. You only give Eric a reason to want to dig in that town more, that is if he follows the same train of thought that I do, that is if I even do what I'm supposed to do or tell him about this at all."

Miracle shook his head at Jaemin to let him know that this was not working. "Jordan, I want to ask you something. I want you to be really honest about it."

"Go ahead, I promise all honesty." Jordan said.

"That day, the one where you saw the video, did you really like what you saw?" Miracle asked. "Did you want me? I guess what I'm trying to ask is..if you could have me, would you betray Eric to be with me? Would you disappear with me? Because...I have to tell you, that man is pure evil. I know you took money from him to do that to Martha and Robin, but then...when I let go of the anger and really think about it, I know that it's possible to be intimidated by him, I was...when he took me to the party. You don't want to show it but..I think it's possible and...I would rather run away with you than to be with him..ever. You're not evil like he is. I know you're not."

Jordan's response was delayed as he seemed to be really thinking about it. "Miracle...I wish I knew what to say to that." He paused. "I...like to have all the answers for you. I've never failed you once in doing that. Truth be told...I would take you for myself, in a heartbeat."

"So then do it. We can meet up and disappear together. You just have to tell no one, no hired help, no hench men, no one else can be trusted. It just has to be you and me." Miracle said, hoping that he sounded convincing enough.

"What about Jaemin?" Jordan asked.

"He's gone...he won't know. I'll disappear from him. I'm tired of running, I'm tired of being hunted, being with him means being hunted, being with Eric means ruining my life..being with you is the only happiness that I see. You have ways...we can disappear really good. You have money, we could even leave the country, that's the best way to do it." Miracle sighed. "Please, I just want to feel safe. I want you to love me...take the pain away. You understand me, you know how to do that."

"I need time to think about this. Will you call me back?"

"I understand, I'll give you the time to think, Jordan. I'll call you back in a few hours...I really hope that...you can be my hero..I hope you choose to be." Miracle then hung up the phone and sighed, closing his eyes and rubbing his head. "God, in my dream he was a total lap dog."

"Hard to convince?" Jaemin shook his head. "I figured it would be a long shot."

"He said he needed time to think. So maybe it might work but...I don't know." He opened his eyes and looked up again. "This is reality after all."

Jaemin shook his head, highly doubting it and then he drove off, hoping that the pay phone hadn't been traced. His eyes shifted up to the rear view mirror, looking for anything suspicious.

Miracle dug into his backpack and pulled out his marlboro menthols and a lighter. The box was flipped open and a cigarette was withdrawn and placed between his lips and lit with the lighter. He tossed the pack and the lighter back into his bag and took a drag before pulling the cigarette from his lips. He looked off towards the entrance of the school and noticed a guy laughing and chatting with some other guy.

"What are you looking at?" Jaemin asked.

"Life." Miracle said as he brought the cigarette close for another drag and then shook his head before tossing it off and out the window altogether. "I need to go, I'll see you at lunch, okay?" He grabbed his bag and opened the door and climbed out.

Jaemin raised his eyebrows and then nodded, pulling the keys out of the ignition. "Yeah..uh..see you at lunch." He had never known Miracle to be in a rush to ever go to class before.

Miracle nodded and shut the car door and rushed off and into the crowd, eventually making it to the rest room. He leaned down to look into the stalls, making sure the bathroom was empty and sighed before dropping his bag and he unzipped it again and pulled out a hammer that he had brought with him for protection purposes.

He stood up and looked in the mirror and walked closer to the sink and then took a deep breath. "This is like...trying to decide to run or stay..." He mumbled. His eyes then shifted down for a moment and then he brought the hammer up and bashed the first mirror, the glass shattered and with that first sound of broken madness and that first sight of broken pieces falling from it's rightful display, he suddenly found it to be the easiest thing in the world to do. He walked to the second mirror and then bashed it, not even realizing that the guy he saw earlier had walked in by the time he made it to the third mirror and bashed it.

The guy looked at the scene and his eyes widened. "Are..are you okay?"

Miracle stepped back and dropped the hammer, not seeming to even acknowledge the guy but he knew that he was there. He then grabbed a large shard of glass and squeezed it in his hand, enough to cut and draw enough blood to spill down in a mess.

"Woah, hey, put that down." The guy hesitently stepped closer.

Miracle turned around and looked at him. "Get out of here, this is my space right now."

"And let you do what? Cut yourself to pieces? That what you into? Or are your intentions much worse?" The guy asked.

Miracle grinned briefly and shook his head. "I wasn't sure. Been down suicide road before, I know I'm not planning that, though I really don't know why I don't."

"Just put it down, please?"

Miracle looked at the glass and then shook his head and tossed it off to the side. "Happy?"

The guy walked over and grabbed Miracle's hand to see how bad the cuts were. "Yes." He then grabbed a paper towel with his free hand and started to wrap it around Miracle's. "My name is Balthazar by the way."

Miracle almost wanted to laugh. "Seriously? With that name..."

"Shut up." He looked at Miracle and grinned. "I go by Tristan, middle name, the only part of my name that's even relatively normal." He said as he applied pressure to Miracle's hand. "I just told you my first name as a kind of...ice breaker." He looked around. "What were you going to say? With that name...I should slit my wrists with all this glass?" He grinned, jokingly.

"Well...as a figure of speech, I wouldn't literally mean it." Miracle said. "Awful sense of humor, I guess." He looked away. "I'm Miracle."

"Odd name...still better than mine." He grinned. "I've seen you hanging out with Ryder, me and him talk from time to time but I'm what they call a drifter or a friend whore. I get around."

"Better to be a metaphoric whore than a literal one..." Miracle mumbled.

Tristan looked up at him. "You have issues with that sort of thing?"

Miracle looked at him and nodded. "I guess you can say that, a little. I'm a work in progress."

"So...mind if I ask...why you..uh...carry a hammer around?" Tristan asked.

"Stalkers." Miracle said ever so innocently. "And that's not paranoia. I really got stalkers...they are hunting me. They are in town, well at least one of them is, I suspect."

"Stalkers? So what would they do if they caught you?" Tristan asked. "Just..uh...keep pressure on that." He grabbed another paper towel and wrapped it around and on top of the first one.

"Well one would deliver me to the other one who would hold me captive in his island mansion and make me his lover and the other...well he would betray that one, make me his lover and just piss the other one off and make me hunted more and get himself hunted to and then he would be stalked by association." Miracle closed his hand and made a fist to keep the pressure.

"That's..confusing." Tristan laughed.

"Well..I should go." Miracle looked at the mess. "Might not see me again after this." Miracle sighed and grabbed the hammer and dropped it in his bag and zipped it up before throwing one of the straps over his shoulder.

"I hope things work out and..I hope I do see you again." Tristan nodded and walked out of the bathroom.

"Don't count on it.” Miracle looked at the mess and sighed and then lowered to his knees on the floor. He picked up another large piece of glass and looked at his reflection.

He frowned as he stared at himself. "I wonder what non-existence would feel like, of course it would feel like nothing, but how can one imagine nothing? Sounds easy but..it's not when you've experienced...something. Then again, would anyone know it if they were looking into the eyes of nothing?"

He dropped the piece of glass and shook his head. "Now you're just being crazy." Miracle stood up and walked out of the rest room.

"Hey, Miracle!" Ryder called out. "Where were you? Totally bailed on class."

"Yeah...lets just say...I was on the edge." Miracle leaned against the wall and ran a hand over his head. "Look, don't tell Jae that you saw me, okay?"

"What? You're bailing lunch too?" Ryder asked.

Miracle stared straight ahead. "Why not? Bailing on life seems to be all I'm ever going to be doing."

"That's not true." Ryder said.

"They already know we're here. It's only a matter of time before they actually spot us." He turned towards Ryder. "And lets just say...I'm not going to be the one that needs saving this time." Miracle turned around and walked off.

"Hey, Miracle!" Max called out.

"Fuck off." Miracle shoved Max out of his way.

"Smooth." Tristan grinned at Max and walked over to Ryder and threw an arm over his shoulders and walked off with him to lunch.

"Hey." Jaemin said as he walked up with Kyah and he looked at Ryder. "Where is Miracle?"

Ryder looked off to the side. "He kind of swore me to secrecy but then didn't really tell me a secret either, just seemed off and was going on about bailing on life." He paused. "Not suicide like...just...run away like. If you know what I mean, I know what he means, you know what he means."

"The evil stalkers." Tristan said with a freaked out look on his face. "He did bash all the mirrors in the rest room."

"Evil stalkers?" Kyah looked around curiously. "Guys...it's not fair to single out the girl on the news."

"Yeah, he had paper towels on his hand." Ryder said.

"My handy work." Tristan said.

Jaemin looked at both of the guys and then stopped on Tristan. "Bashed the mirrors in? He's not that strong..."

"He had a hammer." Tristan said.

"Reminds me of that youtube video, the woman that calls police dispatch, threatening to kill her son with a hammer!" Kyah grinned for a second and then went serious. "Okay, now whats going on? Evil stalkers?"

"Can I tell her?" Ryder asked.

"Might as well. They know we are in town anyway." Jaemin shook his head.

Ryder nodded and gestured for Kyah to follow him as he headed off into the cafeteria.

"Okay, I guess I'll just fuck with the other gay guy and goth, two for one." Max said as he walked up.

Jaemin stared at Max. "You don't want to do that."

"Oh yeah? Why not? Maybe it's time someone puts a leash on that collar." Max stepped closer and grinned.

Tristan looked between the two. "Uh oh..."

Jaemin balled up a fist and then suddenly punched Max in the face which quickly wiped the grin off the jocks face and when he went to punch Jaemin back, he easily ducked beneath the punch and spun around and behind Max and kicked him in the back and sent him stumbling forward and into one of the cheerleaders and both of them ended up falling to the floor.

"Tried to tell him." Jaemin sighed.

"Oh my god! Look what you did!" The cheerleader screamed as she looked at herself, soda spilled all over her uniform.

"It's not my fault!" Max screamed.

"Maybe if you weren't such a jerk to everyone in your path!" She screamed and walked off and away from him.

"Care to test me again? I hope not because as much as I'd love to show off and wipe the lunch room with you from left to right, I actually have something important to do, Miracle could be in actual danger, not that your brain would actually register anything like that." Jaemin waited to see if Max would further escalate the confrontation.

Max shook his head. "Another time." He pointed at Jaemin and he meant it, Max didn't forget his threats.

"Want me to come?" Tristan asked.

"No, I got it." Jaemin turned around and walked off.

Miracle heard a knock on the door at the hotel and then grabbed the hammer and walked towards the door. "Who is it?"

"It's Jordan."

Miracle slowly unlocked the door and hid the hammer behind his back and opened the door. "Jordan." He put on a smile. "You're here, come in."

Jordan smiled and looked at Miracle. "Shouldn't we go? Don't want Jaemin to come back and find you."

Miracle shook his head. "Oh, he doesn't know that I'm here. I paid for this room especially for us. It's been such a long time and...well for our first time...I really wanted you. I'm ready, Jordan. Please...come in."

Jordan hesitated but then stepped inside and looked around the room. "This isn't so bad. How have you been?"

Once Jordan's back was towards him, Miracle brought the hammer up and slammed it down on the back of Jordan's head, blood splattered as the man went unconcious and fell onto the floor. "Never better." Miracle stared down at him and then looked at the bloody hammer. It was then that he heard something else and that was when he turned and noticed Kyler running into the room and he swung the hammer again and slapped him across the face with it.

Kyler screamed and stumbled against the wall with a bloody nose and he looked at Miracle and rushed forward and tackled him to the floor, trying to steal the hammer. Miracle rolled over on top of him and snatched his hands away and brought his arms up and smashed the hammer down, bashing Kylers face in.

"Oh my god!" Jaemin said as he got to the door. "Miracle, do you realize what you have just done?"

Miracle stared down at Kyler and slowly stood up and turned around to look at Jaemin, the hammer covered in blood and he was splattered with blood as well. "I preserved our life..."

"And destroyed Ryders." Jaemin said as he looked down at the two dead bodies.

Copyright © 2014 x Trevor x; All Rights Reserved.
  • Like 1
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this author. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new stories they post.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

Holy shit, Miracle really went off the deep end this time. I mean, it's great he won't have to worry about those two threatening him again, but holy shit, he just KILLED them! And they killed Robin's parents, even if they didn't mean to. Omg, what a mess.

 

But why did Miracle just ruin Ryder's life?

Link to comment
View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..