Jump to content
    x Trevor x
  • Author
  • 6,848 Words
  • 2,175 Views
  • 6 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

Like a Train Wreck - 17. Chapter 17: Barbie And Ken Scenario

Cody parks the gray van in the parking lot of the nature trails and grabs the camera, it was a big camera, one of those highly professional ones. He had requested to borrow it from the school's film club along with a professional audio recorder which Robin would use to capture all the audio. Cody got the camera and climbed out of the driver side and shut the door, holding the camera up and managing to stuff the keys into his pocket.

Robin had been sitting in the back and held the stick which had the audio device at the top of it, she slid the van's side door open and climbed out, she wasn't exactly to happy with this. She knew who Miracle was, at least by what she saw, the fact that Jaemin and Kevin got into a fight, accusations of rape and murder being thrown around and then Miracle's short lived public displays of affection with Sterling that ended in an attempted suicide. What else did she know? Oh just the bits and pieces told to her by Cody about Melanie's antics, what she did to Sarah which only told her more about Miracle.

Yes it was safe to say that Robin's opinion of Miracle was not a very nice one but one was never to judge and she tried not to do that, in fact she found the idea interesting, enough to hang out with the 'bad boy' himself to get the inside on everything.

"Okay so the camera records video and takes pictures at the same time and has a built in light so I can capture pictures for a possible DVD cover and what not and there won't be any flashes, the light will be continuous and will help with the uh...well the quality." Cody nodded.

Miracle nodded. "Well just film, ask me questions when you want, lets keep it natural like the other night and take pictures when you want and when it's all completely done we can pick the best cover."

Robin gave a nod. "And, I'll just hold this near by and kind of away to get the sound." She nodded and followed along side Cody as they followed Miracle down the trail.

"I saw a flyer for this place and it had a bunch of pictures and there was one spot in particular that I wanted to make set." Miracle pulled the flyer out of his back pocket.

"So do I get to ask questions to?" Robin asked.

Miracle grinned briefly. "If they are going to be argumentative it might ruin the feel of the documentary. This is supposed to be a work of emotional self expression, not a debate." Miracle stopped walking and turned around to look at her. "Just think about how you word it so that I can answer it and we can keep the flow nice and calm."

"I think I can do that." Robin nodded. "After all this is our project, we hope to accomplish something and you're our star, Cody picked you."

"Unfortunate for you right? Sadly it takes baggage to entertain and I've got a lot to splurge." Miracle turned around again and came upon some wooden steps and started to head down them.

"This is it." Miracle said when he reached the bottom of the stairs where there was a small lake and a waterfall off in the distance. "I want to set up right here." Miracle headed over to a round boulder, big enough to sit on but not overly large and just enough to capture some forestry on one side, the lake and waterfall on the other side and Miracle right in the middle.

"Good pick, you have an eye for scenery." Cody said, setting the camera up on a tripod and working to set it up just right, Robin moving off to the side to stand in the middle but out of the way of the camera's view.

"Yeah, well I kind of feel like a place has a feeling, it creates a vibe." Miracle looked off towards the water, leaning back on his hands.

"Okay ... three, two, one and filming!" Cody started taking a few snap shots while making sure the video remained focused and crystal clear.

"So what makes you the way you are?" Robin asked, right off the bat.

Miracle almost wanted to break out in a grin, knowing what she meant by that. "There are so many things that makes a person who they are, genetics, life..." He frowned and looked down. "I have sex, I have a lot of sex." His eyes shifted towards the camera. "I lost my virginity when I was eight."

Robin was stunned, starting to regret the question that she asked, having no idea that he would dodge it and use something this deep to dodge it with.

Truth was, Miracle was not entirely expressing this to dodge her question, in a way it was answering her question, she hadn't been all that specific. "It was with a man who adopted me." Miracle paused, taking in a deep breath yet feeling as if he was getting no air. He looked away. "There are so many componants, so many parts that it takes to understand my psyche."

Miracle reached up and grasped a leaf. "It's like innocence being torn away but you don't realize it because it seems so right, just like the leaves falling off the trees in the winter..." He gave the leaf a small tug and let it fall. "Just like that seems so right." Miracle looked as if his heart was breaking all over again. "I chose this place because it was beautiful and now I've been taken to an ugly, ugly place."

He took a deep breath and sniffled. "For smaller things, you get smaller rewards, for bigger things, you get bigger rewards. Though that seems like normal life, doesn't it? Well I was taught that was love. If I did what he said on camera, I got a small reward, if I loved him I would do it and if he loved me, he would get me something really cool or we would go somewhere really fun. Same thing if I let him touch me or if...." Miracle shook his head. "The return would just get bigger and better. This is how love works, he says. We will always be together forever, he says."

Miracle looked down and into the water. "So to answer your question, what makes me the way that I am? He taught me to give sex for love and it made sense because when I did, he gave me love. Real life? I found out a long time ago that it isn't like that." He leaned forward and scooped up a handful of water and watched it fall between his fingers. "And so I spilled, tears fell from my eyes like the water from my hand."

Cody zoomed in on Miracle's hand when the action was done and then zoomed back out to center on him when it was over.

"And despite knowing the truth, I do it anyway because the sex takes away the pain because ... I don't know." Miracle shakes his head. "I guess my brain is just wired that way, I feel loved while it's happening and that makes it all better but it's like a drug, the high is brief and the come down is long and hard and it leaves just one more invisible scar."

Miracle wiped at his eyes. "And now?" Miracle smiled and shook his head. "I got two guys that love me, one obsessively and the other, I guess normally. I don't know and I'm just so confused. Everything is so twisted and I don't know which way to turn, what to believe, what not to believe." His breathing grew heavy and he took a moment to try and calm himself but he shut his eyes as he silently cried. "I just want me...for once I want it to be me."

Robin watched on, any judgement she had flew out the window in that moment and deep curiousity took over. "What does that mean?"

"It means that..." Miracle let out a sob and then sniffled as he opened his eyes. "It means that I want an identity, I want a me. I don't want to be a memory and a regret, I don't want to be the victim of a child molester, I don't want to be just someones kid that they adopted for reasons that I don't even know. It means I don't want to just be someones boyfriend." Miracle's eyes finally opened as he took a deep breath. "Or someone's idea of a good time." His eyes shut again and his hands moved over his face.

Cody felt horrible for Miracle but he had to keep up with taking the photo shots when the perfect moments came up and that final moment was a great shot. He then stopped recording. "I think that's enough for today."

Robin propped the microphone against a tree and moved over to where Miracle was, sliding onto the boulder to sit next to him, her arms wrapped around him and she hugged him. "I'm sorry."

Miracle leaned into Robin's embrace and cried before shaking his head. "It's not your fault. I just feel so wanted and so unwanted at the same time. And then I'm made to feel like it's my fault...maybe it is."

"If you asked me, I don't think it is." Robin said, running her fingers through Miracles short cropped hair. "If they came to you, they asked for it. All you did was respond in the only way you knew how and it sounds to me like they just made it more complicated."

Miracle sniffled. "I'm the victim, I must be rescued and both of them do whatever they have to in order to save me from the other and then when I find out what one of them did, when I found out who the bad guy really was, the good guy says...'Oh we can't be together, you're to messed up, if you can't trust me.' Yada yada yada. How can I? When a man sleeps with me and tells me to get out of his hotel before he returns with his fiance? Then I homewreck their engagement. It's just all so twisted, I'm told I'm a victim, yet I do bad things, I tell myself that I'm a victim yet a bad guy and then I get told I'm a bad guy too." He closed his eyes. "I just don't know, superhero or villain..."

"Well trust people who don't believe in lying, you're a good person for making this project to help anyone else out there who might ever need it." Cody said, sitting on the other side of Miracle.

"That's right." Robin nodded. "I can't say that I condone your sexuality, in fact I was big judgemental when it came to that, I probably still am but ... I don't know why I make you an exception."

"Because there is something so special about me." Miracle sits up and covers his eyes. "That's what it always is. There is something so special, enough to get the captain of the football team to have an affair with me, enough to get someone to murder him for me because of what he did to me, enough to get Jaemin and Sterling and Melanie and Kevin and....just everything!" He screamed and brought his hands down. "And I don't even know what it is!" He slid off the rock and walked a little bit only to turn around.

Robin shook her head. "You are special but not that kind of special. I mean, how did it go? You befriended Sterling, right? I saw you two talk the first day in class and then the thing in the hall between you and Brad. You came onto him. And then .... what?"

"Then I tried to blackmail him, he stole the blackmail video, called Brian and I ended up at a warehouse, got raped and beaten. That's when I met Jaemin, he scared them away. Not long after, Brad ends up dead." Miracle replied.

"And then you attempt suicide? And Melanie visits you, why?" Robin asks.

"Jaemin assaults Sterling in the stairwell after I ODed on a bottle of pills that Brian gave me. He tells me that Sterling didn't care and went back in his house when the ambulance took me away. Melanie comes, says she found the disk at Brian's house and wanted to use it to ruin Sarah's life."

"Right there!" Robin lifts a hand. "There is the key .... now I don't know whats going on with the lies with Sterling and Jaemin and whatever but there is the key. Ruin Sarah's life. Did you think she would stop with the video?" Robin stood up and walked over to Miracle. "Think about it, the guy that her boyfriend had an affair with not only having an affair with him but taking his place after his ultimate demise. You and Melanie are the new Ken and Barbie, taking Sarah and Brad's place. Get it? You're a toy, part of the toy house."

Miracle thought about it. "I never really looked at it that way, then again I haven't really had much of a chance to look at it in any way." He shook his head and took a deep breath. "I need a ride somewhere. The hospital, I need to check something out and we can get some more footage there, something that looks more reality and less set up. In fact camera phone usage for this would probably be really cool." Miracle turned and started heading back up the path, followed by the other two.

Cody walked around the van to the passenger side, aiming the phone's camera on Miracle as he climbed out. "Okay so we're here at the hospital."

"We're at General Hospital." Miracle grinned at the camera and laughed. "If only we hired some actors we could do a spoof or something." He turned around and shut the door. "We'll be back, Robin." Miracle turned and headed for the front doors of the hospital.

"And those would be the Days Of Our Lives, wouldn't it?" Cody laughed, following after Miracle.

"Sho, would, dawg." Miracle laughed and shook his head at his street talk and walked to the receptionist. "Hey, I'm looking for Sarah, shes a nurse here, blonde? I don't know her last name."

"A blonde named Sarah? Talk about hiding In Plain Sight." The receptionist grinned and grabbed the phone, pressing a few buttons. "Yes, I'm looking for a nurse, Sarah?"

"The third hit!" Miracle smiled at Cody.

"A hit? Maybe we should call NCIS?" Cody wondered just how long they could keep this going.

"But they might think we did it ... we might have to hitch a ride with Bonnie and Clyde." Miracle grinned and started laughing again.

The receptionist looked at them, amused. "She's waiting at the nurses station on the third floor."

"Thanks." Miracle said and with Cody tagging along with the camera phone, Miracle pressed the button to open the doors to the elevator and they stepped onto it and he pressed the third floor button. "Good thing this hospital isn't to tall, I would hate to end up on The 13th Floor."

"You did it again." Cody laughed.

"Oops, I did it again!" Miracle then reached over to cover the lens of the phone. "Cut."

Cody stopped filming until the elevator chimed on the third floor.

"Start filming again." Miracle stepped off the elevator as Cody started filming again and he saw Sarah at the nurses desk. "Hey, Sarah."

"What do you want? Haven't you ruined my life enough as it is? You sleep with my boy..." Sarah looked over at Cody. "What are you doing? Are you filming this? My pain isn't entertainment!"

"Woah, stop!" Miracle extended an arm out to keep Sarah from slapping the phone away from Cody who in turn took a few steps back. "It's a documentary that I'm doing about me so you just about exposed your own pain all by yourself. I just need a favor."

Sarah looked at Miracle and put on a sarcastic smile. "What can I do? Take your temperature? Give you a tylenol?" She crossed her arms. "Bandaid a boo boo?"

"I need to see some security footage from the night I attempted suicide, from the stairwell that would have lead to my room or the closest to it. The reason being is Jaemin and Melanie had Sterling sent to jail for assault. Jaemin told me that Sterling never came to the hospital that night, Sterling claims that Jaemin beat him up to keep him away from me so I just need to see."

Sarah stared at him for several moments. "Oh wow...no one could possibly stay away from you could they?" Sarah started to fan herself with her hand. "Is it just you or did someone really turn on the heat in here? You know.." Sarah stepped closer. "I want you so badly that I'd beat up and kill anyone for you."

"See my point? I wish Robin were here to see my point? Do you see my point Sarah? I don't understand why and it's not an inflated ego." Miracle paused. "Okay well maybe at first it was, with Brad and stuff and then Kyler...and well back in Australia I homewrecked an engagement and that was a bit of a rush but..."

Sarah merely stood there and nodded while Miracle rambled on.

"Look the point is, I'm not like that anymore. I'm trying not to be but like you, I need to know the truth, just like you did. Sarah I am sorry for what I did, I am sorry for sleeping with Brad and I know that sorry isn't going to change it or make your pain go away or bring him back and I know that you probably wish you had never found out but let me tell you something, there is nothing better than the truth, no matter how cold it is."

Sarah looked at Miracle and then slowly nodded. "Come on." She turned and headed around the corner to where the security room was and took out her card key and gave it a swipe through the device on the wall beside the door. The door made a clicking sound as the little light switched from red to green and she opened the door and walked inside, Miracle and Cody following her.

"Joe, I know I'm not supposed to be in here but it's in regards to a patient who was found in the stairwell, you remember? Well I've been given reason to believe that he didn't fall and could have been assaulted. Could you pull up the footage for that night?"

Joe looked over at the trio just as he took a bite of his sandwich and listened to Sarah's story. "The whole night? About what time? It would make it easier if I had a time frame."

"There was food with him." Sarah said as she pulled out her phone. "Maybe he paid with a credit card." She dialed the number to the cafeteria and placed the phone to her ear.

Miracle simply stood there while Sarah took over investigating and simply smiled at Joe while Cody cut filming to save space on his phone for more important moments.

Sarah hung up the phone and turned around. Cody started filming again, knowing there would be progress. "The food was purchased at two fifteen in the morning, they have the credit card purchase on file. I also managed to speak to the same woman, she said he took the food away and went to the stairs with some dark scary guy."

"Jaemin." Miracle said.

Joe punched in a few keys and pulled up the footage to show Sterling and Jaemin walking up the flight of stairs.

"There they are." Miracle and Sarah leaned in, Cody zoomed in with the camera phone to capture the footage on the monitor.

"That's Jaemin and Sterling." Miracle said just before seeing Jaemin assault Sterling and his eyes widened. "

Miracle stood in the Empire State Building or what they had come to call as 'their spot' every couple had one and Miracle wanted this to be theirs. Now it wouldn't be.

"I came." Jaemin called out after the elevator doors slid open and he stepped off.

Miracle turned around, his eyes blood shot, his face soaked in tears. "How could you? Why would you?" He walked closer to Jaemin. "Do you have any idea how bad I hate this? We had everything in just so little time and I know in my head I'm supposed to hate you but in my heart, I still can't help but to love you and now I don't even know which side will win. The side that's learning to be normal or trying to be or that twisted side that I was brought up to be, that twisted side that makes me want to love you regardless."

Jaemin looked at Miracle and had decided he wouldn't play dumb, that just made a person well, look dumb. "You found out what I did to Sterling, didn't you? You went to see him. Did Melanie tell you?"

Miracle shook his head. "No, best friend Melanie didn't tell. Though if I were you I would watch out for her too because she might turn on you just as quick."

"Why would you think that?"

"Because I have another friend who thinks she has what we've come to call a 'Barbie and Ken' scenario which sounds stupid but it makes all the sense in the world. Someone destroyed Brad and then she destroyed Sarah by using me which in a sense kind of destroyed them both in one blow, would of had Brad stayed alive. My friend has a theory that Melanie wants me and her to be the next Brad and Sarah, though I doubt the relationship part was ever considered a factor."

Jaemin wasn't sure how to respond to that. "Well, that's ... yeah that's an idea." He shook his head. "So how did you find out? Sterling just tell you?"

"He told me, then Sarah helped me confirm it, I saw the security footage." Miracle looked down. "I just .... I just wanted everything to be settled." He looked up at Jaemin and slowly shook his head. "If I forgive you, I'm evil, that's twisted, it's not normal. That's not what normal people do."

"Miracle, I love you, I did what I had to do so that we could be together. What we had together? Those special moments you're talking about right now? They would of never happened if I hadn't done what I did. No, instead you would of been with a guy telling you to think with your head and not with your heart which is exactly what you're doing right now." Jaemin stepped forward and grabbed Miracle by the shoulders. "Your heart says love me, your mind says it's wrong. You say these things, normal people do this, normal people do that, I want to do this but that isn't normal. Miracle if you want to do something and you don't think it's normal ... then you're not normal."

Miracle looked up at Jaemin and a breath escaped. "Then that's not fair. I should be normal."

"What is normal? Who defines normal? Honestly, Miracle? Who defines it?" Jaemin gives Miracle a firm but gentle shake. "Who makes up the rules? I'll tell you, no one does." Jaemin shakes his head. "I'll tell you what normal is, the idea of normal is when people, a large amount of people have to many similarities and to few differences and because they can relate all of those similarities together they define them as normal. So when a person comes along that has more differences than similarities? They automatically get categorized as strange." Jaemin reached up and took Miracle's face in his hands. "There is nothing wrong with you, it's not a curse that you're different."

He closed his eyes and reached up to grab Jaemin's hands. "It doesn't matter." He pushed his hands away. "There are to many of them. If I don't do what they expect..." Miracle paused with a look of uncertainty. "Well, I don't know what will happen."

"I wonder, do you carry a book with you? Is it called 'What You're Supposed To Do'? And do you read it? And do you struggle to follow everything it says because you betray yourself by trying to follow it and then betray it by the agonizing feelings that trying to betray yourself causes? And then if you give in to alleviate the agony, you betray the book. Like how you slept with Sterling, you did it to ease the pain."

Miracle sighed, tears trailing down his face. "I don't want to leave you. I just don't." He stepped forward and leaned into Jaemin who openly embraced him. "And I'm tired of always fighting my feelings and I'm tired of always thinking they're wrong."

Jaemin hugged him. "It'll be okay. It'll work out, I mean Sterling, a guy like that I'm sure he'll just get probation or something and he'll make bail and if he can't, there are ways of getting the money." He kissed Miracle's neck.

"You mean that? You would make it happen."

"For you? Yes." Jaemin closed his eyes. "I just never want to lose you, ever."

"Okay, I'll forgive you." Miracle grinned. "But I want my first tattoo and you have to make me not afraid to get it done." Miracle leaned back to look at Jaemin.

Jaemin's eyebrows lifted. "Shouldn't be a problem, if I can get through a piercing, I am sure I can get you through a tattoo."

April 2008

Miracle and Melanie sat on the edge of the fountain in the schools court yard, Cody had the camera set up directly across from them, set to film, knowing he wouldn't be doing anything with the camera, he decided that Robin could sit this one out and he could step back and control the microphone.

Miracle made a weird face. "This seems very ... interviewish."

Melanie laughed and bumped shoulders with him. "We're being famous!" She smiled at the camera. "So hi peoples! Little peoples! My name is Melanie and this here, well I guess you know him since he's been doing this thing since January! Well it is now April of 2008! Best year for us!" Melanie blinked. "Well at least now it is! We're on top of the world, we own this school. We took people down, power can be obtained, you just need to know how to obtain it."

Miracle stared at the camera while Melanie had this deviant little grin on her face. "Yeah okay..." He laughed a little, awkwardly at best. "So Sterling is out on bail...he and Jaemin got into another fight later on and he was sent to jail. I wasn't there when the police came. His court date is coming up. Not much I can do." Miracle looked around. "Maybe this is twisted but ... I still love Jaemin." He looked down. "He told me not to fight what I feel no matter how wrong society makes it appear to be just because that's what the majority would do. He made a good point when he said normal was nothing more than a bunch of similarities and that some people had more differences than they do similarities. I guess I'm one of those people."

"That is a pretty good point." Melanie nodded and took a sip of her cherry soda. "Look at that squeeky clean bitch Sarah. Oh so popular, like I couldn't do it? Why? Just because I'm deemed evil for taking what I want no matter the cost? Hey, I'm simply a shopper who is willing to over charge a credit card if need be to get exactly what I want and if I can evade paying the over draft fee then I will. How you might ask? By using someone else's card. In this case, I guess you can say I used Sarah's when I destroyed her life and took her place." Melanie sighed and leaned back, feeling little drops of water hit her skin. "And now I'm on top of the world."

"And the police haven't bothered me anymore, thank god. I guess their last visit made them a little reluctant for a while. That or maybe they ruled me out of Brad's murder altogether. Honestly? I didn't do it, I didn't want the guy dead. We were sleeping together, I tried to black mail him into being a true boyfriend and lover to me. I did it once before and did Daniel end up dead? Of course not, I didn't even use it to get revenge on him. I let bygones be bygones."

Melanie smiled and tilted her head to the side. "Next time we'll guest star Jaemin! For now though, all is right, all is well and anyone who hates us? Well baby, you can just go to hell." Melanie nodded towards Cody who in turn moved towards the camera and stopped recording.

"And that is a wrap." Cody said, looking over at Miracle and then towards Melanie.

"Kind of a bummer that Robin didn't show." Melanie stood up and threw her leather jacket on, grabbing her snake skinned purse. "I felt like sharpening my claws."

Miracle's eyebrows lifted and then he looked at Cody. "Well you could always just ... key Sarah's car." Better to destroy a car than to destroy a person, right?

"Ooo, good idea." Melanie grinned. "See you at lunch." She walked over to Cody. "Oh and today you get a VIP pass to our table." She reached into her purse and pulled out a heart shaped sticky pad and pressed it to Cody's shoulder and started writing. "Cody's VIP Lunch Pass." She grinned and ripped it off and handed it to him. "There you go! Just present it to Kevin if he gets nasty." She then laughed and walked off.

"Thanks..." Cody took the sticky note and looked at Miracle. "Think you could forge one for Robin?"

"I shouldn't have to." Miracle stood up. "I mean if I truly have taken Brad's place, I should get to make VIP passes to but then I just wonder how long it would be before a girlfight started." He blinked and looked up as if expecting the song to cue.

"Well we're friends, Miracle and you're in the middle. You have to make it connect. I don't mean to put you in a tough spot but you can't be our friend when we do this project and then be their friend the rest of the time."

"Jaemin and Sterling, group style." Miracle sighed and walked over to his backpack and kneeled down to unzip it and pulled out a piece of paper and folded it up until it was a decently sized square about the size of someones palm and then he took a pen and started writing on it. "Robin's VIP Lunch Pass." Miracle then signed his name at the bottom since they might not be familiar with his handwriting as they are with Melanie's. He dropped his pen in the backpack and zipped it back up, throwing the strap over his shoulder and handing the note to Cody. "Give this to her."

"Hey guys." Miracle said as he and Jaemin approached the table, Miracle sat beside Melanie and Jaemin took the spot beside Kevin, each couple directly across from each other. "Melanie and I invited two guests to join us, if that is okay."

"Two guests?" Melanie looked at Miracle.

"You got your wish." Miracle said, lightly kicking at Jaemin's feet and Jaemin grinned, lightly kicking back.

Robin and Cody both walked up to the table, tossing their notes on the table and Robin gave Jaemin a look of horror. "You can sit there." She pushed Cody towards Jaemin.

"No..." Melanie held up a finger. "Kevin, let Robin take your spot, Cody can sit beside Miracle and Kevin, you sit opposite Cody."

Kevin looked at Robin and then grinned at Melanie, he could tell that Mel wanted to rip the girl apart. "Whatever you say." He got up and moved to sit on the other side of Jaemin while Cody sat down next to Miracle and Robin took that dreadful seat right across from Melanie.

"There...this is perfect. See?" Melanie smiled. "Our waitress will be here shortly."

"There is a waitress?" Robin asked.

"For us? Always." Kevin smiled. "We have a lot of ... services and perks."

"We'll have a lot more once Miracle's project gets awarded attention at the film festival." Melanie smiled. "Cody is a great film maker, we should use him in more projects. If we rise like I hope that we will, donating will make us look all the more better, even if I shed a tear over it." Melanie frowned. "I really hate the thought of donating."

"Are you serious? You're using Miracle's life to gain publicity and more popularity? Then you want to fake charity and it would actually sadden you to do it? You act like it would hurt." Robin stared at Melanie in total disgust. "You would actually shed a tear to help someone?"

Melanie's eyes narrowed on Robin. "Hey, I helped Miracle didn't I? And I didn't cry when I did it either."

"Because you were serving your own purpose. You wanted him to be the new Brad for you while you became the new Sarah." Robin spat right back at her.

Melanie let out a breath of a laugh. "Are you serious? That ... that's so tacky. If I wanted to do that, Kevin would take Brad's place. We're dating, it would be more realistic."

"But Kevin isn't the one Brad had an affair with, it was Miracle. It had to be a big slap in the face for Sarah, so tacky or not you decided best friends would have to do as being on top." Robin stood up. "I don't even know why I even accepted this invitation."

"You're a stupid bitch. Don't you know what an honor it is to sit here?" Melanie looked up at Robin.

A little mexican girl with messy hair and tons of knots in it walked up to the table in her old and worn out tennis shoes and overalls. A notepad and a pen in her hand. She frowned and kept her eyes on the paper. "Hello, I've arrived as expected. May I take your orders?" Then the girl dared to look up at Melanie and Robin, she doubted she would even be noticed as they were all staring at the conflict.

"An honor? An honor? You better check again, Melanie. Look around this room." Robin gestured around with her hand. "This table looks just like all the rest of the tables in this room."

Melanie looked around and frowned. "So what? It won't for long." Her eyes narrowed as she realized that flaw. She walked around the table and closer to Robin. "You accepted that invitation though, regardless. And you can say it was to sit with Miracle and Cody all you want to but you got a whole club, you took the opportunity because you wanted to."

Robin looked at Melanie and grinned, shaking her head. "You are so pathetic. I could see you fifty years from now, in a nursing home, putting on your make up, still trying to be on top. Your vanity is what is going to send you straight to hell. You and your little BFF among other things."

Melanie glared at Robin. "What other things?"

"Lust for one...and homosexuality which makes it even worse. But what does it matter? You both can be hot together, in hell." Robin turned around and went to leave.

Oh Robin had done it this time. Melanie grabbed the girl by her pony tail and yanked her back only to turn around and slam her head into the table. "Don't you dare ever say that about me or my friend ever again!" She pulled Robin up and swung her around, pushing her forward as the girl hit a table and fell into some chairs.

"Oh fuck, hell yeah!" Kevin stood up and grinned, Jaemin seeming equally as excited. Cody and Miracle, well they were torn, Miracle was honestly closer to Melanie and Cody? Well he had known Robin all of his life and while her beliefs condemned his secret, he still cared for her greatly.

Robin cried out in pain as she fell to the floor and then as Melanie approached, in self defense, she grabbed a chair and swung it at Melanie's legs. Melanie's eyes widened as the chair hit her and she fell to the floor and then she reached out to grab Robin who quickly rolled away and got to her feet. Melanie stood up herself, rubbing at her shins in pain.

"You should leave well enough alone!" Robin said, backing towards the door.

"Oh no, you started this, bitch! You opened the book and now we're going to read it!" Melanie then ran forward just as Robin turned around and she slammed her body into Robin's back causing them to fall forward and through the doors, halfway out into the hall. The whole lunch room watching, some stunned, others cheering it on and the rest silently excited.

Melanie grabbed Robin's hair again and pulled her up and swung her back into the lunch room. Robin screamed in pain as she was pulled up and back into the lunch room but that was when she bent forward and reached down to grab Melanie's thighs, picking the girl up and she threw Melanie off of her back and onto the floor. Melanie landed face up onto the hard floor, the wind being knocked out of her as Robin stomped on her stomach, worsening the blow.

"I said....leave it alone, bitch." Robin then turned around and left the lunch room.

Kevin walked away from the table and over to a beaten Melanie and kneeled down to grab her up and into his arms. Melanie coughed and gasped desperately for air after those last two blows. "I'll ... I'll get her! I swear on something important that I'll think of...I'll get her!"

Jaemin's eyebrows lifted and he twisted his upper frame in order to look at Cody. "Your girls got it going. I never thought she could and a classy kick ass exit to go with it."

Cody looked over at Jaemin. "Yeah ... I think Melanie just might drive her off the path if this becomes a long term thing." Cody doesn't say anything more and instead goes off to find Robin.

Miracle lets out a sigh and climbs over the table and onto Jaemins side before looking at the waitress girl. "Uh.. you can sit down or something. I don't think anyones going to be ordering anything." He looked over at Jaemin.

"Lets go, you need to be at home now." Kevin pulled one of Melanie's arms around his shoulder and pulled her up as she coughed some more and he walked her towards the door, looking at Miracle and Jaemin. "Catch you later guys." He then headed out of the lunch room.

"Later skater." Jaemin waved with all fingers down except his middle finger, it was his trade mark wave in a way. His arms then wrapped around Miracle. "Want to go to KFC or something? We can take the waiter girl with us? Treat her nice, maybe go have her hair fixed."

Miracle blinked and looked up at Jaemin. "Take the waiter girl with us? Is this Jaemin actually being nice?" He laughed.

"Hey, I can be kind. I show you that all the time. I'm nice to who ever you tell me to be. I'm even going to drop the charges against Sterling for you, it just sucks that his Mom had to spend all that money in bail. I really don't hate the guy, he just needs to understand that me and you are fated."

Miracle nodded. "Well I don't think he will be an issue. According to him I am a problem so difficult that he can't put himself on the line for anymore."

Jaemin shook his head. "That's shameful, I can't believe it, to call you a problem just because again you don't have enough similarities. Well you are not any of the things that he said that you were." Jaemin looked over at the table. "Yo, waiter girl? Want to go grab something to eat? Maybe go to the salon?"

Will the waiter girl be saved? Like Carrie, will she be a hidden beauty?

Copyright © 2014 x Trevor x; All Rights Reserved.
  • Like 6
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this author. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new stories they post.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

I used to watch "Days of Our Lives"! Haven't seen in it exactly a year though. Whatever happened with Will and Sonny?

 

I was a bit confused in this chapter. I guess I didn't remember Melanie sleeping with Brad too. I thought it was just Miracle.

 

I cannot believe what a BITCH Melanie is! I know, I know, every chapter her bitchiness increases. I just can't get over how horrible she really is! How can MIracle even be friends with her? He's not like she is.

 

I'm also a little disappointed that Miracle forgave Jaemin after he found out the truth about Jaemin beating up Sterling. And I thought that Miracle and Jaemin had known each other for a long time. Maybe I forgot that part too. Sorry.

 

Anyway, Jaemin is all kinds of fucked up and I hope Miracle doesn't go thru with that asinine plot of his to sleep with his foster father.

Link to comment
On 11/17/2013 04:16 PM, Lisa said:
I used to watch "Days of Our Lives"! Haven't seen in it exactly a year though. Whatever happened with Will and Sonny?

 

I was a bit confused in this chapter. I guess I didn't remember Melanie sleeping with Brad too. I thought it was just Miracle.

 

I cannot believe what a BITCH Melanie is! I know, I know, every chapter her bitchiness increases. I just can't get over how horrible she really is! How can MIracle even be friends with her? He's not like she is.

 

I'm also a little disappointed that Miracle forgave Jaemin after he found out the truth about Jaemin beating up Sterling. And I thought that Miracle and Jaemin had known each other for a long time. Maybe I forgot that part too. Sorry.

 

Anyway, Jaemin is all kinds of fucked up and I hope Miracle doesn't go thru with that asinine plot of his to sleep with his foster father.

I'm sorry but no Melanie never slept with Brad, I am sorry if that was confusing. I reread the chapter to try to find the spot where that might have confused you. I think it might have been Robin's sudden theory at the nature trail? If that was it, what she meant by "the guy that her boyfriend" the "her" being Sarah. I'm sorry if that was the spot that confused you.

 

Melanie really didn't care for Brad and Sarah at all, sure she was part of the popular clique but she was even a bully to them in a way by doing evil things being why Sarah always hated her but then using sex appeal to get the guys to always forgive her, mostly Kevin and for that Brad would forgive her because Kev was his best friend so it always kept her in the group.

 

(Sonny and Will are together and Will had a baby with Gabi as far as Days goes!)

 

And as far as everything else, I think Miracle is still rolling with the punches or as he later described, riding the waves and "tossling" to the next and I feel that he is very confused on many levels, I also think his choice to forgive Jaemin also had a lot to do with Sterling claiming that he would not put his heart on the line any longer and really, who could blame the guy after Melanie and Jaemin both did what they did? And not to say Miracle was a bad guy but I think he should of had a little more faith in Sterling and I think that was his point.

 

As for Melanie, yes her bitchiness continues, I did want to have her win the fight against Robin! I really did but for the readers who hate her I decided to let her take a punch for once! So I hope that was joyful. Miracle as noted by Cody seemed to have been trying to walk the fence between being friends with him and Robin and then being friends with Melanie and Kevin and it was also noted that it needed to be merged because it's just wrong to lead a double life. That's how the lunch came about. Though I think the most interesting part was the waitress and what I might decide to do with her. It was quite nice of Jaemin to offer her such nice things!

Link to comment

Maybe your best chapter yet, with Miracle pulling a Norma Desmond* (but one way out of madness). My take (what's yours?) on this story supports theocrats, who believe that only those grounded in god can avoid the slippery slope of moral relativism. I'm a humanist, trying to build a moral life without religion. As for Jaemin, he kills gratuitously, so he rots in hell! :evil::devil::evil::devil::evil::devil:

* Sunset Boulevard 1950

Link to comment
On 11/18/2013 09:30 AM, knotme said:
Maybe your best chapter yet, with Miracle pulling a Norma Desmond* (but one way out of madness). My take (what's yours?) on this story supports theocrats, who believe that only those grounded in god can avoid the slippery slope of moral relativism. I'm a humanist, trying to build a moral life without religion. As for Jaemin, he kills gratuitously, so he rots in hell! :evil::devil::evil::devil::evil::devil:

* Sunset Boulevard 1950

Thank you! I am glad that you liked it. I enjoyed writing it and I feel like it was really different from the other chapters, maybe it's the calming down effect from all the drama? Not that there still wasn't some but I was happy to not have to write a cop!

 

I guess I have a similar feeling about the story, if I am understanding you correctly. Melanie and Robin have turned out (to me) to be the living example of the yin yang symbol. I think they are both bitches but in two very extremist ways. Melanie is evil, really evil and she takes pride in that, she doesn't care. She likes being the bad girl, it's fun and she wears the label with pride.

 

With Robin, so far with how I've gone with her she seems like she is going to turn out to be actually more of what Sarah was meant to be. Originally Sarah was meant to be Melanie's polar opposite but actually now she has become the balance between the two. Robin is the extremist in that she thinks she is good, to good and a bit holier than thou but it's not so openly expressed in dramatic ways as Melanie. Robin is more subtle about it with how she talked to Miracle at the nature trails. It was very passive aggressive but he knew she was throwing hits at his homosexuality but then she did have a softening moment when Miracle broke down but it still didn't change her for life.

 

Would Melanie ever have a moment of goodness? Who knows, it's safe to say that she has yet to reach the level of evil that Jaemin has committed as murder is the ultimate but then I kind of view him as sort of balanced as with Sarah (So long as he has what he wants, that being Miracle) but he's more than willing to be ruthless if that is what it takes to keep things the way he 'believes' they are supposed to be.

 

So I think with the characters there is a lot of blacks and whites being tossed about and dabs of greys. And Miracle, it's a curiosity to see which blend he really goes in because the story is very psychological with him, he started out as a mini Melanie who was a bit feisty, even broke up an engagement seemingly for fun but then crashes not long after, he was innocently bad I would like to say and I think that innocence remains as he goes into a now innocently confused or rather just innocently desperate. Definitely as far as Jaemin is concerned. Now Jaemin is a winner, I think a real romantic when he wants to be but after finding out what he did, Miracle struggles with the "ideal" decisions versus hos true feelings but then you have to wonder too if the fact that Sterling basically told him it was over is also a factor in making Jaemin a rebound.

 

So yeah there are a lot of elements going on, keep reading and I'll keep writing and we'll see how they all play out!

Link to comment
On 07/15/2014 04:38 AM, Jaro_423 said:
Sorry. That did it. The whole story has just gone too weird altogether for me.
Well, I'm sorry that is how you feel. Not sure which part of it bothered you, so I can't really leave much of a response regarding what bothered you.

 

Over all, this chapter seemed pretty normal to me, a little heartbreak, maybe a wacky theory, a fight in high school? Where does that not happen at?

 

Anyway thanks for giving it a chance and reading this far at least.

Link to comment
View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..