Jump to content
    x Trevor x
  • Author
  • 7,646 Words
  • 1,095 Views
  • 2 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

Like a Train Wreck - 35. Chapter 35: New Horizons

Miracle walked down the winding stairs to see the crowd already gathered within the large ball room so he assumed the party boat had already arrived. He reached the bottom of the stairs and he felt completely lost. This was completely out of his element, he was alone and he wasn't exactly sure of where to go or what to do. He might as well have been alien.

"There he is." Erica said as she walked towards the entrance, her arm looped with Miguel's and she nodded towards the grand stair case.

Miguel looked up to see Miracle only to find a large muscled bouncer stepping in their way and blocking their line of sight. He looked offended. "Excuse me?"

The bouncer grinned and he looked at them. "The circus is probably down south somewhere?"

Erica narrowed her eyes and pulled her arm away from Miguels. "Excuse me? Just because our self expression is different doesn't mean we're of lower class. It's called non conformity buddy, so step aside."

Eric made his way to the stair case and smiled. "Miracle! You made it!" He wrapped his arm around the boy. "I had hoped you wouldn't stay up in your room."

"You never told me Skylar was my sister." Miracle looked up at him as Eric guided him through the crowd.

"Oh, there is plenty of time for that! This is a party." Eric grabbed a glass of champagne from one of the waiters and handed it to Miracle. "Enjoy the luxuries!" He gestured towards the stage with his hand. "There is going to be a performance, the highlight of the night, I promise no disappointments."

Miracle took the glass and smiled sarcastically. "Yeah?! Unless it's Britney Spears, I'm bound for disappointment!" His tone also laced with sarcastic excitement.

Eric laughed, amused. "It's much better. Seriously, I promise you that." Eric stopped before an older man. "Miracle, I want you to meet my Father, Martin. Dad, this is Miracle, my latest prized possession."

Miracle rolled his eyes. "Objectify..." He shook his head and then put on a fake smile. "Oh hi...Martin, it's so freakin nice to meet you!"

Martin stared at Miracle and then looked at Eric and frowned. "You could teach it some manners." He shook his head, always disappointed with his screwed up son. He simply turned around and walked away.

"Looks like your Dad is unhappy with you." Miracle said as he observed the interaction.

"Get out of my way before I kick you where a man don't like it!" Erica shoved the bouncer aside and grabbed Miguel's hand and pulled him through only to find that Miracle was no longer at the stair case. "Great, guess, big, muscled, dumbass achieved his purpose."

Miguel frowned as Miracle went missing. "Well...pretend it's Finding Waldo." He took her hand and walked through the crowd.

"Finding Waldo or Find Waldo?" Erica said, thoughtfully. "I don't remember which." She made a face. "Ugh, so now I can't correct you if you're wrong!"

Miguel grinned. "Good, thats the way I like it."

Jordan stood off in the corner, seeing Erica and Miguel gain entry and then he moved up the steps and disappeared behind the curtains of the stage.

Eric shook his head. "Screw my Dad, nothing ever satisfies him. I should make the DJ play unsatisfaction."

Miracle cracked a real smile this time and a laugh started to escape. "Now you sound like me." He looked around.

"Oh yeah? Like your little revenge at the hotel?" Eric grinned. "It's sad I never got to really appreciate that at the time but my Dad was really bent on me keeping Paula under my wing."

"Exactly like that." Miracle reached up and scratched his head and looked around. "So what do you normally do at these things? I feel totally awkward."

"I normally make deals...but I guess I have to be awkward with you." Eric laughed a little. "What can I do? You're my guest."

"Don't have to." Miracle sighed. "Could just ditch me, I could just go sit in the corner, get a taste of what I might be like at my senior prom." He crossed his arms.

"There he is!" Erica almost bursted out but then tamed her voice into a bursted whisper as she squeezed Miguel's hand and pointed out Miracle.

Miguel looked in the direction that Erica had pointed out and he lead her through the crowd and upon reaching them, he tapped Eric's shoulder and as soon as the man turned around, he punched him in the face with the fist that wore every single ring on each finger.

Eric yelped out in pain as blood splattered every where and he fell to the ground and Miracle turned around, his eyes widened when he saw Miguel and Erica. "Mom?!" Several people turned to look at the commotion.

"Okay, don't forget, bitch. I got the remote." Jordan pulled down Martha's sweater. "You don't do what you're supposed to and that dynamite goes boom."

Martha frowned as she stared at Jordan. "You tell Eric and his Father that they are monsters."

Jordan grinned. "I don't know what they are or who they are, lady. I just know that I'm getting paid a hell of a lot of money for this."

Eric pushed himself to stand up. "How did you get in?! The bouncer was supposed to stop you!" His hand moved to his busted lip and then all of a sudden the music stopped and all the lights went out, nothing could be heard but everyones sudden alarmed chatter.

Then the spot light on the stage came back on and Robin stood there, tied up by a rope that seemed to stretch up and disappear somewhere above the stage and she was gagged, obviously crying and staring straight across from her was Martha with a large kitchen knife.

Erica, Miguel and Miracle's attention all went to the stage in shock of what they were seeing.

Martha looked down at the knife, a look of sorrow, horror and regret on her face but her life had to come first. She walked forward and stabbed Robin in the stomach and then she dragged the knife, her eyes closing as her breathing grew heavy, tears staining her face. She hated this and already wanted to take it back as soon as she did it. Once she sliced Robin's stomach, she pulled the knife out and stepped back, opening her eyes and then turning her head away as blood spilled out all over the stage and Robin's fetus fell out onto the floor.

Robin cried and screamed out in pain as she bit down on the gag that muffled all of her pain and she shut her eyes tight, wanting to scream for Martha to stop. What was this woman doing to her? Was she insane? How could Kyler have put her in this position? He hadn't been kidding when he said she would be a star but that reference was the least thing on her mind. Her eyes opened as she watched the sight before her eyes and she violently pulled and tugged on the rope but she couldn't break free and the pain of the whole thing was to much to handle.

"That's right...steal one more baby Martha..." Eric mumbled.

"You sick bastard." Erica stared at the man and then her jaw dropped as her eyes shifted back to the stage and she felt like she wasn't even breathing but it didn't even bother her as it failed in comparison to what she was seeing.

People started taking pictures and videos with their phones to gather evidence for police while others were actually calling the police and the rest were to stunned to even do anything but several men were rushing to the stage to free Robin from the rope and once they did they helped her to the floor of the stage and tried to help her but the bleeding was horribly bad.

"I can't believe you." Miracle turned towards Eric and slapped him across the face. "As if I didn't hate you enough! I'll make sure they know that you did it."

Eric grabbed Miracle's wrist before he could slap him and he grinned. "Oh no...Martha is taking the fall for this one." He then pushed Miracle down onto the floor and ran off through the crowd, knowing he had an escape in waiting along with several of his men and his Father.

Miguel quickly stepped forward and caught Miracle before he could hit the ground and he slowly shook his head. "They will never make it in time, that girl is bleeding to bad...she'll bleed out."

Erica slowly covered her mouth with her hand and lowered to her knees. "I was just with her...just a little bit ago..."

Martha dropped the knife and it landed on the floor before Jordan came out from behind the curtains and in quick fashion, he tackled the woman to the ground. Martha screamed as Jordan straddled her back and pulled her arms back, pinning her wrists together and he stayed there, holding her down.

"They made me do it!" Martha screamed. "I didn't have a choice! They made me do it!" She screamed and pleaded with the people, begging for her innocence but it was futile, most didn't know her.

Miracle watched the stage, slowly shaking his head. "We have to leave...it's the only way..." He mumbled.

July 2008

"I don't know what I'll do now...my Mom is still missing, Robin is gone...you guys are about to leave. I'll be all alone." Cody stood there, staring at his Fathers bible at the altar.

"You will have Sterling, he's here...and so is Jasmine." Miracle frowned. "To many people have died at our hands, directly or indirectly...it can't happen anymore. It's why we have to leave." Tears ran down Miracle's face. "I hate it too but it just has to be. Jaemin was right."

Jaemin sat on the edge of the stage, his elbows propped on his knees and his hands clasped together, listening to what was said. "We'll stay tonight, the Fourth of July, but after the fireworks, we have to go. That was really important to Miracle. It's us he is after and he is taking you guys out to get to us. That is not fair."

Miracle frowned and turned towards Sterling. "I'm horrible at goodbyes."

"It's not goodbye yet...and I'd rather it not be goodbye ever. Maybe a see you later." Sterling said, putting on a smile, hoping to make it easier for Miracle.

"I still don't like it." Miracle reached up and wiped the tears from his face. "I hate that man so bad..."

Sterling stepped forward and wrapped Miracle in a hug.

"Yeah and how do you guys know that he still won't mess with us to get you to come out of hiding?" Jasmine asked.

"We don't...it's just a hope." Jaemin looked over at Jasmine.

Miracle cried, balling Sterling's shirt up in his hands. "I...I just want to rewind the clock...someone rewind the clock...rewind the clock!"

Jaemin stood up and moved over to rub Miracle's back and he could feel the boy shaking as he cried against Sterling who just held onto him tighter and shared a look with Jaemin.

"Rewind the clock!" He started pounding Sterling's chest with his fists and then felt Jaemin pull him away from Sterling and into his arms and he leaned into Jaemin, his face soaked in tears by this point.

"All rewinding a clock would do is make it play forward again once you let it go...and it would spin the same." Jaemin whispered to him.

"Then you would have to relive every nightmare, each and every one, again." Sterling moved to head over and sit next to Jasmine.

Cody's fingers rubbed the front cover of the bible and he slowly shook his head. "Where's the faith, Robin?" He mumbled and slowly shook his head, it wasn't within him and it didn't seem to be within anyone else either.

Miracle sat on the last step beside Sterling of the church, many of the regular church goers were there for the yearly celebration that they held. He stared up at the fireworks and leaned against Sterling, enjoying the warmth of the arm that was wrapped around him.

"I'm glad to be here with you, like this." Miracle smiled. "I told Jaemin that it started with you and me and I kinda...wanted it to end the same way."

Sterling smiled and then looked down, shaking his head. "Stop saying things like goodbye and end...please? It makes it sound so final. It's not, eventually, some day...you will come back here or we will find each other some where and...it will all fall into place." He looked up at the beautiful display in the sky.

The colors illuminated through the night and off their faces and Miracle looked up at Sterling. "I'm sorry, it's just...well I hope you know what I mean." He paused, the sadness threatening to overtake him. "I just...well, wish things could of been different."

Sterling looked at Miracle thoughtfully. "Differently? Like how?"

"Well for one...not horribly bad." Miracle shrugged. "And..I don't know. I mean I love Jaemin, don't get me wrong, I do but...sometimes it just seems like we're together by circumstance. It hasn't felt like love for a long time."

Sterling nodded and reached down to take Miracle's hand. "I could of loved you. We almost did..." He frowned. "It's just..."

Miracle looked up at him and nodded. "I know, you don't have to say it." He reached up and ran a hand through Sterlings hair. "I'm to much of a mess to deal with." He took a deep breath. "But at least I brought the best out in you...I know that I have and I don't want you to let that go. Cody will need it..."

Sterling nodded. "I wouldn't." He looked adoringly at Miracle. "I'll never stop loving you though, I never did..." He leaned forward and pressed his forehead against Miracle's and he closed his eyes. "I'm picturing the first day...trying to see myself. It's like..."

"Looking at a stranger?" Miracle said, his eyes closed as he was picturing it too. "I know...because I see you...sitting at the desk just after I made the biggest idiot out of myself. I felt my face heat up...like a hot flash and everything seems to move so fast and before I know it, everything cools down once I feel invisible again but then I'm not invisible, you spoke to me."

Sterling grinned and then he laughed. "I saw you...and despite how you might of felt...I thought it took confidence to be so afraid yet to use comedy as a tool of self comfort. I knew right from the start that you were different, it made you so approachable. So I felt safe to speak to you. I'll never forget the thumbs up...it was the most adorable thing you have ever done."

Miracle smiled and then he laughed and opened his eyes at the same time that Sterling did and then his smile slowly faded. "I...have to go...before I break..." His eyes watered with tears and he pulled away and stood up and moved away from the steps and headed over to Jaemin who sat in the parking lot with Jasmine and Cody and the two soon headed off together, leaving Sterling to just watch them go, his own tears spilling down his face.

"Well...it's good that Cody let us have his van. Won't have to stay at hotels really..." Miracle stared out the window at everything they were passing as Jaemin speeded down the interstate.

"Well it does good for money. And thanks to your Mom, at least we have a destination and eventually somewhere to stay." Jaemin said, staring out at the road ahead.

Miracle sighed. "Jaemin...what happened?" Miracle looked over at him. "I just can't help but to feel like all of the love slipped away."

Jaemin frowned and his eyes shifted down for only a second. "I don't think it slipped away...I just think we have...neglected it for reasons partly our fault and partly not."

"Partly our fault? How?" Miracle asked.

"Well...you got totally side tracked...but I can't read your mind. I don't know what happened to you." Jaemin sighed. "And me...I guess I've just been way to passive that I let it go."

Miracle frowned. "And the not our fault part is all the drama?" He looked out of the window again. "How can I be happy, Jaemin? We had to leave everything behind. It was just one more sacrifice...one more give away. One more...let down."

"I don't like it either, Miracle. For once in my life...I was finally finding some sense of normalcy and I never knew what that was but I started to feel it and yet I didn't even really get a chance to be happy with it." For a second, Jaemin just wanted to let go of the steering wheel. "I do love you, Miracle. So much that your sadness makes me want to die."

Miracle looked over at Jaemin and then he looked down and reached for Jaemin's free hand and he took hold of it. He took a deep breath and then he pulled his legs up as he curled up in the seat and leaned to the side, resting his head against Jaemin' shoulder.

"We'll make it better, I'll make it seem better, some how. I'll find ways to distract you, I'll find a way to make everything seem as normal as it can be." Jaemin slightly shook his head. "Even fun, some how. I'll do it...some way."

"I just want to love you again..." Miracle whispered and then he looked up and kissed the side of Jaemin's neck. "Make me love you again." He whispered softly in his ear.

Jaemin felt the soft kisses on his neck and it was enough to arouse him, enough to make him pull over onto the shoulder of the road, out of the way of the traffic and to shut the engine off and then after to put the emergency flashers on. He slightly turned to face Miracle and his hand went to the back of the boys neck and he pulled him close and began to kiss him passionately.

Miracle reached down and pressed the red button on the seat belt to free himself and he moved over to straddle Jaemin's lap, his tongue thrusting forth and into the confines of the others warmth. His hands lightly tugged at Jaemin's shirt only to move down down and his hands twisted, all of his fingers except his thumbs moved beneath it and he started to lift Jaemin's shirt. The kiss was broken and he pulled Jaemin's shirt off and tossed it to the side.

Jaemin grinned and looked up at Miracle before sliding his hands up along his waist and grasped his shirt, slowly pulling it up and over his head, letting it fall to the side, his hands sliding down Miracle's arms to which came down to wrap around Jaemin's neck.

Miracle grinned and then looked around before reaching over to a lever in the top middle of the seat, he gave a tug on it and the back of the seat collapsed and sent them falling over. Miracle laughed and kissed Jaemin again only to then get rolled over onto his back.

"Further." Jaemin said as he pressed firmly against Miracle, his hips lightly grinding into him only to then lean up and reach for the lever of the back seat and he gave it a tug which sent the top of that seat falling back as it collapsed and slid forward and against the top of the front seat, creating a double futon like bed. He then leaned down and kissed Miracle again.

Miracle grinned and his tongue lashed out and into Jaemin's mouth as he pulled him down close, neatly trimmed nails lightly dug into the skin on the back of his neck, a hand then slipped down along his neck and his chest, soon the sound of a snap could be heard when Miracle flipped the button of Jaemin's jeans free. He broke the kiss. "One more..." He then used his feet to slide further back and twisted around and onto his stomach, grabbing the lever of the third row seat and tugged it, getting the same reaction, turning the majority of the van into a large bed.

Jaemin watched Miracle and then he turned around and looked up, seeing what appeared to be the bottom of a set of blinds and he reached up and tugged it down to find that it was a black out curtain. He pulled it down which blocked them from view of the front windows. "Nice.." He grinned and then turned around to find Miracle on his stomach. He took this opportunity to pounce him, hands digging their way beneath Miracle to unfasten his jeans and his thumbs dipped beneath them and the briefs beneath and he began to plant kisses down Miracle's back as he started tugging the rest of Miracles clothes off.

Miracle suddenly felt Jaemin ontop of him and his hands balled up and the kisses made him shiver. His eyes closed and he grinned, biting his bottom lip before tilting his head down to try and see what was happening. He shifted a little as needed to help Jaemin get his clothes off and he took a deep breath and looked up, feeling completely out of control in this position but it was the feeling of Jaemin's complete control and dominance that he was starting to feel and he could feel himself clearly liking it.

Jaemin appreciated the smoothed perfection of Miracle's body, almost as if it had been air brushed, it was just that perfect, only so many people were ever that lucky to be that beautiful. He kissed the center of the small of Miracle's back and then the tip of his tongue licked the spot in which he had kissed and began to trail it's way up the boys spine. Once reaching near Miracle's height again, he could feel his stomach and chest lowering to fit perfectly with Miracle's back, like a puzzle piece. His hips lifted and he reached down to tug his zipper down and then he lowered himself again.

A quick breath was drawn in as Miracle felt Jaemin pressing against him, clearly having not bothered to remove any more clothing but having chose the quickest method possible as he started to feel Jaemin applying pressure and moving forward for entry. His fingers clawed at the fabric of the seats but he really couldn't grasp onto anything. His hips simply shifted around and he eagerly pushed back against Jaemin, his eyes closed as he pressed his forehead flat against the now turned bed.

Jaemin felt himself become enveloped by the warmth of Miracle's body as he was drawn inside of him and he pressed himself deeply inside. His hands ran down along the length of Miracle's arms and over Miracle's balled fists and he held onto them as his hips began light, rhythmic, thrusting motions. His breathing steadily became heavier, Miracle would be able to feel those hot breaths on the side of his neck where Jaemin's lips lingered so close, the skin to which lips soon after closed the distance and Jaemin began to kiss, lick and suck on the flesh of Miracle's neck, a light moan rumbling in his chest, the passion and physical bliss sending him into a slowly building euphoria that was witnessed by the quickening in his pace and the strength in his agression.

Miracle bit down on his bottom lip and shut his eyes tight as he felt Jaemin begin to pound into him. He then let go as his lips parted and a light cry escaped, hips rolled and grinded beneath Jaemin and he shivered beneath him yet he wasn't cold, his body was simply quaked by the pleasure that was taking over and hitting his nerves like little sparks of electricity. His breathing grew heavy as well and mostly went out of sync with Jaemin's as their breaths mixed with moans, grunts and cries of ecstacy, surely what Cody's father would consider pure sin within his church van but Miracle would never regret it.

Let God strike them down, it would take a rain storm to put out the hot fire that was Miracle's body and all it took was for Jaemin to observe him, the simple sight, the perfected beauty but not just that, every twitch, every roll of those hips, every jerk and even every little sound that came from the boy below him just told him that Miracle didn't just look hot but he was hot and he was on fire, just as much fire as Jaemin felt as their nerves were taken over by the physicality of the love they were sharing.

Even a rainstorm might not be able to put out the fire of the ultimate moment in which the explosion came as Jaemin grabbed Miracle's shoulders and thrusted himself deeply inside Miracle as a loud grunt like scream escaped him and he began to release inside of Miracle, his hips pulled back and then slammed forward again and went in a round of jerky quick thrusts as he finished himself. Miracle gasped as he felt the warmth inside of him and his eyes widened as he felt himself and every nerve in his body become utterly sensitive to the entire sensation of it and he found himself releasing beneath himself, a hot mess being made between his stomach and the cushion beneath him.

Jaemin drew in a deep breath and rolled over to lay next to Miracle and he looked over at him and a smile appeared.

"Dopey." Miracle said after opening his eyes to see the smile on Jaemin's face. "It feels like the first time I've seen you really smile in forever..."

"I'm a guy..." Jaemin's grin grew even bigger.

"See...a dopey guy..." Miracle laughed and closed his eyes.

Jaemin shook his head and sighed, staring up at the ceiling of the van, noticing the glow in the dark stars that had been glued all across the top of it. "How very...hippie."

Miracle's eyes opened after he had fallen asleep, a rude awakening when the van had hit a pot hole. "Hey!" He grumbled. "Government...fix the road!" He looked over to see Jaemin wasn't laying there anymore, he was obviously driving. Miracle sat up, he could see through the black curtain that it was day light again and that the drivers side of the front seat had been pulled up and Jaemin was in fact driving.

"That's America for you..." Jaemin called out. "So is Mcdonalds...if you're hungry."

"I want to go to a diner...like the road trip movies..." Miracle shifted forward and pulled the curtain slightly to the side to look around it. "Philadelphia city limits?" He looked confused. "Wait...Jaemin, this is the wrong way. Nevada is uh...west."

"I know this is the wrong way...and it's stupid and so out of the way and a waste of gas and money and it's utterly annoying and a waste of time too. Honestly if I could just go in the direction we're supposed to go in we could have went to Ohio and chilled at Paula's for a day or so. Thing is...we need to throw Eric off our trail. Make him think we're going south. I am going as far as North Carolina...then we'll go west from there. I am hoping Eric doesn't know where Erica's place is but he's probably located every possible place we could stay...unfortunately." Jaemin frowned. "It's a try..."

Miracle rolled his eyes. "That is a waste of time." Miracle let go of the curtain and crawled around to grab his clothes. "And he shouldn't know about my Mom's house. Like I said...we lived on a beach when she gave me away. No beaches in Nevada and if he knew where she went...well he would have found her and delivered her the black mail file like he did to Paula." Miracle pulled his jeans on over his briefs. "But you're probably right though, he has probably looked at all possible places now."

Jaemin listened to Miracle but he was slightly distracted. "Hey...you remember when Robin ran away? Do you ever remember where she was running to?"

Miracle popped around the curtain again, holding his shirt in his hand. "Yeah, Craig said that she was going to this Cabin that her parents own in West Virginia, that's why she was in Virginia when they had to go rescue her and Cody."

"Hm..." Jaemin looked thoughtful. "We could go there, if you know where it is. I could cut through West Virginia and then go down into Tennesse and we could go west from there and completely cut off North Carolina. It would save us two states."

"Well see that is where you could confuse Eric because once you get to southern West Virginia, depending on the route you take, you would have to travel near the border of Virginia and Kentucky for a period of time before getting to Tennesse, so you could zig zag the states, leave a paper trail with the spare credit card that Craig gave us, Eric will be tracking it and then just stop using it once you get to Tennesse and he will be left wondering if you ended up sticking to Virginia or Kentucky and where you went from there, we can convert to cash then."

Jaemin grinned and shook his head and he looked back at Miracle briefly. "You're smart yet so dumb sometimes."

"Jack ass." Miracle grinned and crawled into the front seat and twisted around to pull the middle and passenger side of the seat up, he then pulled his shirt on and reached over to pull the seat belt on right after. "I'm not dumb...just...a risk taker..." Miracle mumbled and then laughed softly.

"Yeah, like how you took the gun to Eric's party? What were you going to do? A mass shooting that would end up on CNN?" Jaemin grinned. "What would you have honestly done?"

Miracle looked at Jaemin. "Told the truth, said I saved the world from the mafia."

"The world? Oh no...the mafia is larger than that. Did you even consider the Italian mafia? They are classic." Jaemin took a deep breath. "Okay...waffle house or Dennys?"

"Only in black and white movies...they are so old now." Miracle shook his head. "And no waffle house or Dennys. You aren't going to find a road trip diner in Philly, it has to be one of those middle of no where off the side of a back road kind of place..." Miracle laughed.

"Now you're just being picky." Jaemin grinned. "So you're just going to wait until we get out of the metropolin? You won't eat until then?"

"Hey! When we get to Nevada, lets break into Area 51!" Miracle grinned. "We can get Eric in a car chase! Maybe they'll shoot him dead and we can just get in and find out all the secrets!"

Jaemin started laughing. "Of all the round about ways to kill Eric. That would be cool...but I can promise you that we wouldn't be leaving."

"So? They could kill me but it wouldn't protect their secrets. I'd haunt the Earth and go tell people and those people could reveal the secrets to the world." Miracle grinned and hugged his knees to his chest.

"And say what? The ghost of Miracle told them? Hell you can't even prove ghosts are real." Jaemin shook his head. "Like that show Ghost Hunters. It's so annoying, you watch them gasp and scream and go 'look at this, did you see that?' for half an hour yet the viewer doesn't actually witness anything, we just see how the team reacts."

Miracle looked at Jaemin and he smiled. "Oh! We agree on something! Finally!"

"Ha ha ha, looks like we do!" Jaemin grinned and shook his head and pulled off the interstate to head into the city. "Okay...if not any place I've mentioned, how about Starbucks?"

Miracle rolled his eyes. "Nope...I'm a non conformist. I refuse to be a coffee addict who carries around a starbucks cup silently screaming 'look at me! I've gone to Starbucks!' Won't do it."

"Wendys?" Jaemin suggests.

"Paper thin burgers? Total rip off." Miracle grinned.

"KFC?" Jaemin almost wanted to laugh again.

"Not until I fuck the guy on the sign." Now Miracle was being difficult on purpose.

"Subway?" Jaemin couldn't contain his laughter, though he was curious about how Miracle would combat that.

"Well if Subway wants business...they will get on a subway and chase me down. Desperate businesses call for desperate measures!" Miracle nodded.

"Okay, that one was a bit weak, I think I'm starting to win."

"Think what you want." Miracle smiled and looked out of the window. "Cool thing about this City...it makes me think of that show Cold Case."

"Taco Bell?" Jaemin looked over at Miracle.

"Is it a food place or a Mexican church?" Miracle looked over at Jaemin. "How do I eat it if I don't know what it is? I mean is it a taco or is it a bell? Maybe it's a taco shaped bell!"

Jaemin laughed. "You pick a place then!"

"Arbys..." Miracle smiled. "It can't be confused with anything. Their name can't be referenced with anything, an object and they have no person for a logo so it can't be suggested that it's a name. It's just Arbys..."

Jaemin grinned and nodded. "Okay...Arbys it is." He drove on, hoping it would be easy to find one around Philly.

"Well I hope you're full..." Jaemin wiped his mouth off with a napkin and sighed. "I'm just glad to be out of that van. I should get over it, though I hate extensive vehicle travel."

Miracle grinned. "For now...till the next meal and I'll make it all my effort to give you more hell, I won't be truly satisfied until I get that road trip diner that I want." Miracle heard his phone ring and he pulled it out of his pocket. "Oh crap, it's Jordan."

Jaemin's grin faded. "Miracle, you brought your phone with you? We were supposed to use pay phones!"

Miracle looked at Jaemin. "What? I told you I was clingy! Damn...and it's just Jordan, he's harmless...he's my head job guy."

"Head job?" Jaemin laughed. "Make him sound more like a plastic surgeon."

"Might be one day...Martha needs a boob job, even if she is in prison." Miracle answered the phone. "Hello?"

"Miracle!" Jordan said, speaking pleasantly, almost happily. "I missed you at our session, where are you?"

"Oh...our session? Um...well I was telling my boyfriend that maybe you should change jobs...be a plastic surgeon so you could do me a favor...um...give Martha better boobs so she could sex her way out of prison." Miracle started laughing, trying to contain it from being an all out burst that the whole restaurant would hear, though he was gaining the attention from a trio of guys a couple of tables down.

Jaemin laughed and covered his face in his hands.

"Funny..." Jordan said with a forced pleasantness. "A sense of humor, it's good to keep that, especially in the light of your friends death, I know that was hard. I also know that you had concerns about why I was there. Honestly...it was just a party, wasn't it? I had no idea something like that was going to happen."

Miracle's smile faded into a look of discomfort. "Yeah..well it is kind of odd that you were there. I mean I just...well got the sense that it was one of those VIP sort of parties." Miracle looked up at Jaemin. "You know, maybe I better get off the phone. In fact...Jordan, I don't think I need therapy anymore. I'm fine...I'll just...uh...do what I do."

"But Miracle...wait. Your Mother and Jasmine's Father went to the party so...is it really all out there that I might of went to enjoy myself? And you were there, why would you be at a VIP party?" Jordan nervously started flipping through papers and files.

Miracle hesitated in response. "Why are you so defensive? I mean you're acting like you have to prove something to me."

"I just...I don't want it to ruin..." Jordan trailed off. "Miracle, I really care about you...and you were right, I did love watching you in that video, just the thought of you...when I get you on my mind it's so hard to get you out, you're like the fantasy I've always had."

Miracle sat there with the phone pressed to his ear, not sure how to handle the situation. "Jordan, you know how I am...and I am trying to get things right with Jaemin...don't do this to me."

"I can't help it...I need you, Miracle. I can protect you...from whatever that danger was, whatever was happening to you. Just...come to me, please." Jordan paused and looked up at the ceiling. "Aren't you just a little bit curious? Don't you just want a taste? Remember my theory? You never did get a proper Daniel...I can be him for you..."

"Jordan...stop." Miracle looked around.

"Miracle...hang up the phone." Jaemin mumbled, looking at him. "Hang it up."

Miracle shut his eyes and pulled the phone away and hung up on Jordan. "I think he works for Eric...he was at the party...he supposedly tackled Martha down and took the dynamite remote away from her." Miracle paused. "He told the cops that she threatened to blow up..she never did. In fact...she said that they made her do it, no one knew her so no one believed her."

Jaemin frowned. "He was probably the one with the dynamite remote to begin with, forced her to cut out Robin's baby." He mumbled. "You have to ditch the phone."

"It just doesn't really feel real yet...that we left...that my entire life has changed. Sometimes...I just wish I could go back to Australia." Miracle finally opened his eyes. "I don't regret you...it's not about regret...it's just a sense of wanting to go home...to a safe home."

"Wow...dynamite and cutting out babies? Where did you guys come from?" One of the three guys spoke up as they headed over to the couples table.

Jaemin looked up at the guy. "Not really your business. Do you always come to Arbys to ease drop?"

The guy grinned. "Only when I see a hot guy, you must get mad jealous, all the time." He then looked down at Miracle. "My names Nick, these are my friends TJ and Chad."

Miracle looked up at Jaemin and then suddenly smiled, an idea coming to light. "Hi, Nick." He twisted around to look up at him. "Want a free smart phone? Just ignore it if a creepy Jordan guy calls...or if anyone you don't know...calls it."

Nick lifted his eyebrows. "A free smart phone? Why?"

"Because I'm silly and this is an old model and I must have the newest and bestest but people tell me I'm a bitch when I just throw them in trash cans...so I want to donate." Miracle handed out the phone, wanting Nick to take it and the GPS along with it. "Here."

Jaemin caught on to Miracle's train of thought. "You are a bitch, to think you were just going to throw it in an Arby's trash can." Jaemin laughed and shook his head.

"Man, fuck you, Nick. I'll take a smart phone." Chad steps around Nick and takes the phone from Miracle. "Thanks, dude. This beats dumb phones." He grinned.

"See? Now that's a bright light bulb." Miracle said to Nick and then smiled at Chad. "You've made my life so much easier."

"Chad, are you sure you want to do that? I mean they were talking about some crazy shit." Nick grabbed another chair and spun it around backwards and sat down at their table.

"I don't care...it's not my crazy shit, I didn't do anything to anyone." Chad leaned against the wall and pocketed the phone. "So who is Jordan anyway?"

"Well...he's my psychologist but he's a really dirty guy...he's supposed to be a professional but...he had no problem letting me show him my sex tape." Miracle rolled his eyes. "He's supposed to discourage my...issues." His eyes shifted towards TJ.

"A sex tape, huh?" Nick grinned. "Do you carry many of those things around, like the scandal?"

Miracle shook his head. "Unfortunately not, dirty doctor conveniently forgot to remind me to take it with me when I left when I pretended to forget it to see if he would be professional. I had another one...but it got stuck in a friends computer because...uh...well my boyfriend here got in a fight with my ex who at the time I was kinda in between them." He paused. "My status was confused...at the time and Jaemin here, threw my ex at the computer and it fell off the desk and the disc got jammed into it."

Nick laughed and looked at Jaemin. "Why did you throw a guy at a computer?"

"It's funner if Miracle tells the stories." Jaemin said as he took a sip of his drink.

"Well my friend Melanie wanted to show it to Sarah because it was actually me fucking the girls boyfriend and Mel kinda wanted revenge on her. Well Melanie had a lot more planned then that. She let Jaemin believe that my ex turned the webcam on and recorded me and came back for the disc later and was going to black mail Jaemin out of my life..." Miracle paused, appearing confused. "My memory tends to be hazy, plus Melanie's plots were really twisty, she was doing things with my ex and doing things with Jaemin and then she had me in the middle and it was all twisty as fuck..either way, the disc just got stuck in the computer forever, the end!"

"You know...we could always use two more to party with. We got this camper out by a lake just outside Philly...and we just kind of hang out and chill, you two interested?" TJ asked.

Miracle looked at Jaemin. "Do you want to? It would be fun...and you said you hate extensive travel anyway."

Jaemin looked at the trio thoughtfully. "Okay...but that phone has to go off before it leaves here, what you do with it after we're gone is up to you."

Miracle looked at Chad. "Yeah...I don't want Jordan to find me...he is creepy and I think he might be mad stalkerish. So...I kind of had a little bit of an ulterior motive for getting rid of it." He smiled. "Still...better I donated it than to throw it away. Don't worry, if he shows up, just punch him in the face for me."

Chad stared at Miracle and then reached into his pocket and brought his hand out which now wore brass knuckles and he grinned. "Guy won't like meeting me."

"We still don't know your name....mysterious one." Nick grinned.

Miracle looked at Nick. "If I get any comments..." He shook his head. "It's Miracle."

Nick exchanged looks with his friends and then shrugged. "I can see why..." He looked over Miracle. "Partially...anyway."

Jaemin gave Nick a look. "Well maybe if you meet Jordan he'll give you the sex tape."

"Jealousy." Nick looked over at Jaemin and held his hands up. "I'm only agreeing with what I am sure we both mutually feel and think."

Jaemin half smiled, though sarcastically. "Yeah...well I tend to be pretty laid back. Miracle isn't one to be controlled and I know he would be bitter if I tried."

Miracle gave Jaemin a look. "Oh so I'm an uncontrollable...something? At least I didn't fuck Eric's brains out. I could of..."

"You already have...twice." Jaemin said.

"Yeah along with Brad and Kevin and Sterling and Cody...count Daniel if you want but he was a dumbass bitch. So if you want to call me a whore just go ahead and do it. Or better yet maybe you should see if you saved any of Melanie's drugs so you can fuck me up and get it tattooed on me." Miracle grabbed his drink and stood up. "Put the directions on a crappy piece of napkin and we'll be there tonight. I'm going to get a refill." Miracle walked off.

Nick watched Miracle walk off and he started to laugh but then stopped himself. "Don't want to mess with that one."

"Hey, I don't blame the guy." TJ looked over at Jaemin. "It is what it is. The facts."

Chad looked around. "I'm staying out of it...I just like my phone." He paused. "So...Melanie? Where is she? Sounds like a major drug dealer. We like connections."

Jaemin looked at Chad and simply shook his head. "Melanie won't be dealing ever again if you get it." He then watched TJ take a napkin to write down the directions.

Copyright © 2014 x Trevor x; All Rights Reserved.
  • Like 1
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this author. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new stories they post.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

Wow, Trevor, I got all choked up when Miracle and Sterling said their goodbyes to one another.

 

So, Jordan is just as bad as Eric. I can't believe he the took money to help Martha stab and kill Robin and her unborn baby. They're a bunch of psychos. Good thing Miracle got rid of his phone. Although I'm not sure those guys in Arby's want anything to do with Miracle and Jaemin. lol

 

It's funny, the other day I got an email from a friend who wanted me to sign up for this 'follow your friends' thingy and it had to do with following your friends with their GPS. The first thing I thought of of course, was this story! lol I didn't know those things were real. lol

Link to comment
On 01/25/2014 02:48 AM, Lisa said:
Wow, Trevor, I got all choked up when Miracle and Sterling said their goodbyes to one another.

 

So, Jordan is just as bad as Eric. I can't believe he the took money to help Martha stab and kill Robin and her unborn baby. They're a bunch of psychos. Good thing Miracle got rid of his phone. Although I'm not sure those guys in Arby's want anything to do with Miracle and Jaemin. lol

 

It's funny, the other day I got an email from a friend who wanted me to sign up for this 'follow your friends' thingy and it had to do with following your friends with their GPS. The first thing I thought of of course, was this story! lol I didn't know those things were real. lol

Lol it was a sad scene to write but a happy one at the same time! I guess that's what makes it all the more sad.

 

Yep Jordan is as bad as Eric, though in a kind of pathetic way, as smart as he is or was at analyzing Miracle, he couldn't trick him with that phone call, it just made it worse! And the GPS thing..yeah I saw it in a movie or TV show somewhere but I don't remember where but that was where the idea came from.

 

As for those guys...I'd question their intelligence, Chad doesn't seem to be the brightest of the bunch. TJ might have some common sense but if he does, he's not really sharing it by cautioning his other two friends but then he can always ditch them if things go bad lol.

Link to comment
View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..