Jump to content
    x Trevor x
  • Author
  • 8,118 Words
  • 1,061 Views
  • 2 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

Like a Train Wreck - 37. Chapter 37: Something Old Something New

Jaemin stared at the television and then stood up, moving around the hotel room to the ice bucket and picked up a small plastic cup. "Okay, make the phone call."

Miracle picked up the phone and grinned, dialing Jordan's number and pressed the phone to his ear.

Jordan picked up the phone. "Hello? Jordan Bryant."

Miracle grinned, looking at Jaemin. "Oh thank god it's you Jordan!"

"Miracle? Where are you? I tried to GPS you but your phone disappeared! I was worried to death...Miracle you really need to get back here. Your family is here, I'm here, I can help you."

"Unfortunately, Jordan..I can't do that." Miracle looked down. "And not for the reasons you think." Miracle paused. "You see...I've realized that I want to be with you after all...I know you aren't a bad guy. Thing is...Jaemin left me stranded in Georgia...we went clubbing last night and...I was messing around with a guy and he got pissed off and totally left and took off and the guy ended up gone and I had to walk all the way to this hotel...all by myself, in Atlanta! There were thugs and creeps all over the place! I was lucky I even had money in my pocket to pay for this!"

Jordan frowned. "I will have to come get you then."

"But Jordan...if we are going to be together, don't you think we have to get rid of Eric? I know he has you on his pay but...he wants me and he'll take me away from you. Maybe you should bring Kyler too and we can take care of him so he won't be hunting us." Miracle grinned. "You can even take Eric's private jet, you can borrow a bunch of money from him and then we can hire a new pilot and go flying anywhere we want in the world!"

Jordan didn't say anything for a moment. "What hotel are you at?"

"Oh...it's the Hilton...in Atlanta. I am in room 809. Just hurry and get here. I am so afraid of being alone. I need you Jordan. Jaemin hurt me so bad...I need you to take the pain away...I need to feel you..."

"Okay, I will be there as soon as I can."

Miracle grinned. "Can't wait! See you when you get here!" Miracle then hung up. "Plan in motion, now we just have to wait."

Jaemin poured his tea into the cup. "You know we can't take the jet right? Eric's probably got a tracker on it." He turned around to look at Miracle. "Nice idea though." He sipped his drink.

"Oh." Miracle suddenly frowned. "I thought we could knock off the pilot for it...or at least hold him at gun point." His eyes then suddenly lit up. "That's it! We could hold the pilot hostage and make him turn the tracker off!"

"We don't know anything about it, he would probably fake turning it off." Jaemin shook his head and sat down on the edge of the bed where he grabbed the remote and flipped through channels. "Maybe splurging on the Hilton wasn't a good idea."

"Oh please, Craig can afford it and thats a paper trail, right?" Miracle shook his head and laid on his stomach, staring at the television.

"Yeah but cameras...the security will see Kyler and Jordan coming in but never going out."

"Then we can pull it off like that movie...put them in wheel chairs and cover them up real good and make out like they are really drunk."

"What the fuck kind of movie did that?" Jaemin looked at Miracle.

"Lies my mother told me." He grinned.

"And I bet the killer got caught too." Jaemin rolled his eyes.

"What? Well thats only because she was married to the guy and they always suspect the spouse." Miracle argued.

"Better off to throw them off the balcony together like a suicide pack. Hell the way you got it set up, Jordan might help you kill Kyler for us. Just convince them both onto the balcony, have Jordan push Kyler off, I'll come up from behind and kick Jordan off of it, we'll act all upset and tell them that after me and you got out of the shower, we heard them talking about it and before we could get to them...they jumped." Jaemin shrugged.

"Sounds like a decent idea..and a clean one." Miracle shook his head.

"This is perfect..." Miracle looked at himself in the mirror and grinned, wearing a white silk robe that was fairly opened but sealed at the waist by a matching belt but quite short, barely covering his thighs. "I hope they tracked the charge...Eric can see I was planning a special night."

"Yeah...with Jordan." Though Jaemin couldn't help but to grin.

"Uh uh..." Miracle spun around. "Jordan wouldn't dare tell. See...he thinks I am going to be with him...that we're going to run away together. He wont even let Kyler report it. So...Eric would just have to track it himself without...knowing..." He walked over to Jaemin and tugged him in by the shirt. "..anything...else."

Jaemin grinned and nodded. "If that makes you happy."

"It does." Miracle then heard a knock on the door and then whispered. "Hurry, hide." He then shoved Jaemin into the closet and slid the doors shut. "Coming!" He called out and moved to the door.

Miracle opened the door to see Jordan and Kyler standing there and he grinned. "About time you boys showed up...doesn't take me long to get ready...ya get it?"

Jordan's eyebrows lifted and his eyes lingered down and then up. "Uh...oh..." He smiled. "Of course!" He grinned and then stepped inside. "Sorry for the wait."

"Oh no problem...just makes the anticipation...and the gain that much sweeter." Miracle said as he stepped aside to let them inside.

Kyler grinned at Miracle. "So...are you ready to go back?"

Miracle pouted. "Oh don't be such a bummer...Ky." He leaned back against the door and pushed it shut. "Do I look like I'm going to the airport tonight?" He toyed with the string of the silky tied belt. "Not tonight, sweetheart." He grinned and then stepped forward. "In fact...it's picture time for facebook!" Miracle laughed and ran across the room. "You bring your phone, Jordan?"

Jordan smiled and pulled it out. "Yes."

"Well, I want beautiful me...in front of Atlanta." He gestured out his arms in pride and then slightly bowed. "Kyler? Want to be my guest first? You know nice guys finish last...and you..." Miracle walked over to him and grabbed at his shirt. "Well...you're the bad boy here."

Kyler grinned. "Whatever makes you happy. I serve Eric and I know he favors you greatly."

"Now you're talking my language...just go on, out to the balcony. That's going to be a beautiful picture!" Miracle nodded on and Kyler headed out to the balcony. Miracle then turned towards Jordan and leaned up to kiss at the corner of his lips. "It's your chance." He whispered and then eased back with a grin and turned around to head out onto the balcony, looking out at all the lights. "So pretty."

Jaemin grinned at the way Miracle was playing them as he watched on through the little openings in the sliding closet door.

"Yeah...it is." Kyler said. "So...lets get this picture thing over with."

"Wait...not so fast." Miracle turned around and grabbed Kyler's face with a hand to pull his gaze away from Jordan and he leaned up to kiss Kyler deeply and leaned back against the railings. A slight moan escaped, feeling Kylers hand as his hand drifted up Miracle's thigh and a single foot lifted as his leg went up but then Miracle broke the kiss briefly and he took a deep breath. "I'm just curious about something."

"Yeah? And what would that be?" Kyler asked as he leaned down to start kissing at Miracle's neck.

Miracle would lie if he ever said he wasn't starting to want Kyler but he had to keep his mind straight. A light gasp was drawn in as his eyes drifted shut and he wrapped his arms around Kyler and grinned. "I was just wondering..." He opened his eyes and slightly pulled back. "Do you ever miss...being free?"

"Being free?" Kyler questioned. "I hardly remember it."

"Maybe tonight...will help you to remember." Miracle said and then lightly kissed him again before then lightly pushing him away.

Kyler made a face when he was pushed away. "What? What is this? What do you mean?"

Miracle grinned. "Bye Ky..."

And just then Jordan ran at Kyler like a football player and pushed him forward with his body and with the force and work of his own hands managed to throw him off the balcony.

Miracle grinned and started a sort of gasp laugh as he heard Kyler's scream and looked down as he fell from the 8th story.

"Now it's just you and me...we'll be free." Jordan looked over at Miracle. "But first we should probably report this. Your names on the room...they'll want answers."

Miracle's eyes slightly shifted to the side to see Jaemin coming out of the closet. "And they will, Jordan." His gaze returned to Jordan. "It's been nice seeing you, baby." He kissed his fingers and then pressed them to Jordan's.

"What?" Jordan turned around to find Jaemin standing there with a pistol pointed at him.

"You killed our friend...and we thought you'd kill us...we had to defend ourselves." Jaemin grinned and fired a shot, hitting Jordan straight between the eyes and watched the man fall over the balcony himself.

"Good story." Miracle looked at Jaemin.

"I had plenty of time to think about it. You enjoyed playing hollywood just a little to much." Jaemin shook his head.

"Blah, sue me."

"For what? You're broke." Jaemin grinned.

"Well I got other ways to pay." Miracle toyed with the string on the robe. "Can't let this thing go to complete waste..."

"Tempting...but you got some more hollywood acting to do...though it'll be less of a fun nature. Put on some heavy tears and grab that undeniable sympathy like you do." Jaemin smiled and shook his head before moving to the phone to call the police.

Miracle looked around and nodded only to then gasp as he felt an arm wrap around him from behind and the cold hard metal of a gun pressed to his temple. "Jae...Jaemin..." He gasped out, so full of fear that he could hardly breath, much less talk.

Jaemin looked up. "Eric?"

"You didn't think Kyler would keep this a secret would you?" Eric grinned and started laughing.

"No!" Miracle screamed, throwing the blanket off and sat up on the couch and looked around. "Oh god...I'm still here...it's still the cabin..."

Jaemin ran inside when he heard the scream and closed the door. "Miracle?!"

"I'm okay...it was just a nightmare...within a nightmare." Miracle stared at Jaemin. "We can't do Georgia."

"Why? You were so sure about it." Jaemin walked over to sit on the coffee table. "I found two cans of ravioli." He picked them both up.

"We can't trust them." Miracle shifted around to sit up. "I...I don't even know if we can trust Jordan...to not tell Eric." Miracle looked at the cans and stood up, walking a little bit away. "I think I would rather starve here..."

"Miracle...don't be like that. It was just a nightmare. Horrible I'm sure but..." Jaemin watched him and shook his head.

"Jaemin, don't you get it?!" He spun around. "I hate this! It hasn't even been a week and I hate it! I hate it!" Miracle stormed across the room and started yanking the curtains down from the windows. "I hate it!" He screamed as he shredded at the curtains. "I fucking hate it!"

Jaemin stood up and ran after him, wrapping his arms around him and he pulled him away from the window. "Calm down...breath...it's okay." He spoke calmly yet firmly.

Miracle headed for another window only to barely grasp the curtains before being grabbed by Jaemin and pulled away. He breathed heavily and dropped the shreds of curtains that he had in his hands and he looked down. "We fail no matter what...I dreamed the perfect plan...and we failed..."

"So lets just stop worrying about it. Our trail goes cold in Baltimore." Jaemin sighed and slowly let Miracle go.

"Yeah but you said..." Miracle turned around. "..they'll check all the possible places. They hunted Robin for trying to come down here, they know about it."

"Maybe not. The guy had been chasing her, totally side tracked her into going the wrong way, she didn't even make it here. She ended up in Virginia. If anything, given that and the last credit card used in Baltimore and the cell trace in Philly...it all points south." Jaemin said, trying to be positive, for Miracle.

Miracle sighed. "I hope you're right...because if not...I'm going out with a hollywood bang." He walked around Jaemin and grabbed a can of ravioli off the table. "Emo slit wrists and my name in blood...and a pose that suicide magazines would fight over." He grabbed a fork out of the drawer in the small kitchen.

Jaemin covered his mouth, trying not to laugh but it was a little funny, Miracle's antics could be funny at times, though he would never admit it, then again he wondered if he already had.

August 2008

"Hey, at least you don't have to do another school introduction...unless they don't care that you signed in at the beginning of the year and that you're just new period." Jaemin walked towards the school entrance.

"Ha ha ha, well you might be able to slip by but unless I go mute..they'll love to exploit me for my culture." Miracle paused. "And I don't even know if that's real, you know if you hear voices for to long, especially at a young age you just develope the same type yourself, some people do."

"Or you can go mute and they'll exploit you for your mysteriousness or find it adorable that you have to write everything on paper." Jaemin grinned. "Try doing American southern, that's not to hard."

Miracle made a face. "Uh...that makes me feel like I should be wearing a cowboy hat everywhere." He said and then walked in after Jaemin opened the door and he looked around and then made another face. "It feels claustraphobic."

Jaemin laughed. "I'll just start making a list for you."

"Maybe a Nevada school is better...what if a jerk decides to take me into the mountains and throw me off a cliff?" Miracle looked at Jaemin. "I mean in my dream I basically laughed at Kyler getting thrown off the balcony...thats bad for karma."

"That's probably why Eric ended up in your dream, dream karma." Jaemin shook his head and took Miracle's hand and walked. "You're to superstitious."

"This is seriously claustraphobic. The walls are off white, no huge windows...actually this hall has no windows. It's crowded with people and the lockers are brown. You don't use that color in a windowless hall." Miracle grumbled. "Oh god...deja-vu." Miracle nodded. "Football players."

"Oh look...we got boyfriends this year!" One of the football players said as they walked around them.

"See? Deja-vu. I'll even make it so." Miracle turned around and smiled at the guy. "Better to have a boyfriend that loves me than a girlfrield who's into you because you're pumped up with muscles and confidence that really only comes from sterioids and while you're doing that, shes popping bottles of diet pills a week and sticking her finger down her throat for you. I feel sorry for her, shes faking for you and you're faking for her."

The guy shook his head. "What the fuck would you know?"

Miracle shook his hand out of Jaemin's and stepped up to him. "Wow...and lacking in knowledge too. Well obviously I know more than you because I just made an observation of your entire life in..uh...two seconds flat. Why? Because you're exactly the same as the last jock I met and guess what happened to him? He was murdered, stabbed to death." Miracle leaned up close. "Would you love to know who did it?" He grinned wickedly.

"You're a liar." The guy shook his head.

"I'm not lying, check it out. Google, keywords; New York, Brad Kershaw, this past January." Miracle grinned. "Oh and yeah, he was mean and nasty to me too...we even had a fight. Want to guess why?" Miracle paused for only a second. "Oh! I'm to excited to wait! We fought over my blackmail of him sleeping with me, he had a girlfriend too, just like you!" Miracle poked the guy in the chest. "He didn't like that to good...and he paid the price." Miracle turned around and shook his head, walking off with Jaemin. "Maybe he won't run me over at the end of the day...or try to."

"Is that how you handled Brad?" Jaemin asked. "And are you sure it was smart?"

"Actually it was better, he kept his big mouth shut." Miracle rolled his eyes. "And don't worry about it...I mean it was all mouth, not like I admitted to anything." He laughed. "Actually...god, I think this will make things more tolerable now."

"New life?" Jaemin smiled as they stopped at the end of the hall."

"Exactly!" Miracle grinned and looked at his schedule. "Awe...I don't have english first anymore...science." He made a face. "I never took science before." He shook his head. "Wait, I'm stupid at science. I thought that was a selective?"

Jaemin laughed. "Well if the teacher is a guy...talk to him about mixing your chemicals with his...I want you to be a full on spit fire today...You look much happier than you have in a while."

"Will do, Captain." Miracle made a comical serious face and saluted before walking off the other way, laughing.

Jaemin smiled and laughed, walking off.

"You..." The football guy grabbed Miracle and yanked him into the janitors closet.

"What the fuck?!" Miracle looked up at him when he shut the door. "This is different." His eyes widened.

"So you want to murder me?" The guys eyes narrowed.

"I wouldn't break the rule of the room." Miracle tilted his head. "Janitors closet...thats for dirty deeds...but not that dirty." He shook his head. "What is your name or am I going to have to consider you football guy forever?"

"Max." He said and pressed one hand against the wall beside Miracle's head. "So, do you want to murder me?"

Miracle grinned. "Did I say I did it?"

"So your boyfriend?" Max questioned.

Miracle grinned. "Actually...it was this nerdy guy I met at the school...yeah, I turned him into a total tough guy, he did it for me...maybe. You see...I have a way of..." Miracle ducked under his arm and walked around him. "..transforming people."

Max turned around.

"I hope to meet your girlfriend soon. I'll tell her I had a lovely meeting with you in the janitors closet." Miracle laughed and started to open the door only for Max to slam it back shut. "What are you going to do now? Kidnap me in here?" He asked, sarcastically.

"Maybe, what if I did tie you up? Leave you? Who would find you? Janitor, eventually but that would still suck for you." Max grinned.

"Yeah...and I have a mob boss obsessed with me and would rip your throat out if you harmed one hair on my head." Miracle shook his head. "And don't be a skeptic about it, I am from New York."

"Murders and mob bosses?" Max then bursted out laughing. "A mob boss? Obsessed over you?" He fell back against the wall laughing.

"Yeah...laugh it up, I just hope you never get to see the proof of it." Miracle frowned as he opened the door.

Max stopped laughing. "Wait...wait, you're serious?"

"I would be mocking your laughter if I actually liked to threaten people with something that tore me away from my whole life." Miracle looked down and then walked out and off down the hall.

Miracle looked at the door to the science room and then looked over to see a fire extinguisher. "Jaemin did say to make new amusement...so what if I just change who did it in the story?" Miracle looked between the fire extinguisher and the door a couple of times and then frowned. "Blah, Jasmine...you still have more guts than me." He moved forward and burst into the class room. "Yada yada, I'm late, you say something that makes my mood bad, class stares at me, the moments awkward." Miracle sits down and waves at everyone with a smile. "Get on with it."

"Hi, I'm Ryder. Looks like we'll...be partners I guess."

"Damn...I forgot to get a soda from the machine." Miracle looked over at him and smiled. "Oh hi." He paused and opened his science book and laughed. "I hope you know how to read these alien heiroglyphics...honestly, you're going to have to do the whole project because I'm science dumb. It's always been selective...and I...have never selected it." Miracle looked at the teacher. "Hey, can I go get a soda? I forgot one."

"And risk spilling it in the chemicals?" The teacher asked him.

Miracle stared at the man. "Hey I'm not clumsy. Look at your coffee mug...I bet hot liquid is even more dangerous. How do I know you weren't clumsy when you walked through here with it?"

The teacher smiled. "That's almost amusing. You see...that was my way of saying no."

"Jerk..." Miracle rolled his eyes. "If I die of thirst, I'm sueing his ass."

"You're rather...emotional." Ryder said. "Just an observation."

"Hmm...I made an observation about Max." Miracle looked over at him. "He didn't like it so well but for me it was kind of deja-vu with a little more new here and there. A little different."

"Deja-vu?"

"Well...at my last school on my first day I had a run in with head jock there too. Difference is...he got turned on when I stood up to him. Guy could swear up and down that he was straight and maybe so but when it comes to getting laid, he didn't care who it was. And he was still a jerk...that's what got him blackmailed. If he had only been nice to me..."

"Okay...emotional and dramatic."

"Oh my god! Deja-vu again!" Miracle looked at Ryder. "Lets just make this official. You know I sexed my way out of jail?"

"You did?" Ryder asked, skeptically.

"No, I've never been to jail." Miracle said. "That's the same line I gave to my last potential and eventual first friend, almost lover, turned lover for like two seconds then turned ex and best friend again." Miracle shook his head. "I talk to much, it's just...you never know what you miss until you don't have it anymore."

Ryder grinned. "I like that you...talk alot. It's frantic but...interesting. I like someone who likes their life and wants to share it."

"Lets get kicked out of class." Miracle dug into his back pack and pulled out two cigarettes. "Just puff if you don't smoke."

Ryder lifted his eyebrows.

"Come on, be daring..." Miracle grinned.

"Okay, if you say so, you're leading me down a dark path...uh, I should at least know your name?" He took the cigarette.

"Ironic but...it's Miracle, for real, thats my name. I got an ID to prove it." Miracle lit his cigarette and then leaned over to light Ryders and tossed the lighter into his back pack and started smoking and then laughed.

The teacher stood up. "Do you have any brains? And Ryder, you are my best student!"

"Oh, the brains? Another deja-vu." Miracle looked at Ryder and then he looked at the teacher and took another drag and purposely put alot of effort into blowing out as much smoke as he could, the other students watching and some whispering.

"And yes I do have a brain. This means leave class...I have suceeded in my mission, come on, Ryder." Miracle stood up and grabbed his bag and then stubbed out his cigarette on the desk. "Lets blow this joint."

Ryder watched Miracle stub out the cigarette and then looked at his before trying to blow it out and then just stubbed it out on his note book and left the note book as he followed Miracle out into the hall.

"One more surprise." Miracle grinned.

"What?" Ryder asked, staring at him.

"This is what my friend, Jasmine, did at my last school." Miracle grabbed the fire extinguisher. "Sucks that you don't have glass doors here."

Miracle opened the door back up and just as the class was getting settled and Ryders eyes widened as Miracle threw the fire extinguisher into the class room. Everyone heard the noise and looked back.

"Oh my god!" Ryder stared at Miracle.

"Not the end..." Miracle grinned.

"Who did that?!" The teacher started walking towards the back.

Miracle walked in and grabbed the fire extinguisher. "The best line ever..." He pointed it at the teacher. "Who wants to get messy?!" He then started spraying the teacher and anyone near by with it in which caused a few screams, and the teacher was screaming the most but his words were filled with such anger, and in the mix of all the commotion, that he couldn't be understood. After a moment, he dropped the fire extinguisher and waved.

"Bye!" Miracle ran back into the hallway. "Harry Houdini!" He pulled the fire alarm and grabbed Ryders hand and started running.

Miracle finally stopped outside of the school on the side of the building and then stopped and laughed as he fell back against the wall and sat down.

Ryder breathed heavily and looked at him. "A...are you one of those thrill seekers?"

Miracle shook his head. "I'm a soft thrill seeker, Jasmine was the thrill seeker, I was just repeating her idea, the cigarette thing was more my style, I'm subtle, she is out there." Miracle nodded. "My boyfriend told me to cause hell today and I'm just making sure he is getting his pay." Miracle smiled.

"Well...this is only the first class and so far you've...pissed Max off, pissed the science teacher off, destroyed personal property and then assaulted the teacher...how far are you going?" Ryder asked.

Miracle's eyes widened. "Oh no...I forgot that Jasmine got in trouble." Miracle covered his mouth.

Ryder sat down on the grass in front of Miracle. "Now what are you going to do?"

"I've ruined everything..." Miracle looked around, bewildered.

"Woah...you look really bad off, what is it?" Ryder leaned closer and placed a hand on Miracle's knee.

"Either I'll go to jail...or...we'll have to run...or...we'll have to call Eric to take care of it in which case is the worst case scenario just below us taking care of it ourselves...unless I can..." Miracle paused and looked at Ryder. "This is going to sound weird but do you think he would have sex with me?"

Ryder stared at Miracle weirdly. "Uh...how would I know? I don't know about his personal life exactly..."

Miracle breathed heavily and then stood up. "I got to try..."

"That's desperate." Ryder stood up.

"Yeah, well, I'm a desperate person." He looked at Ryder. "How long do they wait until they say it's a prank? Or...do you at least have his number or know where to find it? Like his cell? I need to get to him before he calls the cops."

"Maybe in the office." Ryder said.

"Okay...get it for me and then meet me back in the class room, I am counting on you to get it." Miracle looked at him with a pleading expression and then took off around the building.

"Jaemin, I'm sorry, I took what you said to far...and now I...I know you will hate it but I have to try and sleep with him."

"I can't believe you did this, Miracle." Jaemin sighed, holding onto the phone. "I told you not to think about repeating that."

"It was impulsive...and I don't want to cheat on you it's just..."

Ryder came to the door but then stopped and listened as Miracle talked.

"It's just that...if I don't sleep with him or some how above and beyond heavens reach get him to forgive me, he's a really hateful teacher, not like the one Jasmine dealt with. If I can't fix it I'll either have to go to jail or we're going to have to...you know...him or get Eric to take care of it and if we have to do either one, our newly started lives are over before they even start. I actually just made my first friend and it's freakingly similar to Sterling." Miracle sighed.

"I understand...you have to fix the mess and it's for us...so do what you have to do and...I hope it works. I love you." Jaemin mumbled.

"Yeah...I love you too...and I'm sorry." He pulled his phone away and hung up.

Ryder waited another second and then came through the door. "I found the number." He held out the paper to Miracle.

"Okay." Miracle took the paper and looked at it and took a few deep breaths. "Gotta put my game face on." He smiled nervously and then dialed the number.

"Hello?" Drew answered the phone.

"Hi...Mister Teacher...it's me, it's Miracle." He spoke ever so innocently. "I just wanted to call because I need to make it up to you for everything I did...it was really bratty of me...I'm such a bad boy..." Miracle started pacing the room. "I'll be willing to do...anything...for you." He glanced at Ryder.

Ryder's eyebrows lifted again and then he quietly whispered. "Speakerphone." So he was a little curious.

Miracle pulled the phone away for a second and turned on speaker phone and then put his finger to his lips to gesture silence.

"You know...I don't even know what to think of this right now. My anger and frustration are so high..." Drew said.

Miracle grinned. "You could take it out on me...but lets not get ugly here." He paused. "Why not come by my place...or I could come to yours...or better yet...we could play a little class here, you could teach me a lesson, I'll never disobey you again." Miracle slid up to sit on the desk. "Show me your power...you know I only did those things because I wanted to see a rise out of a man like you...and I hoped you would notice me too."

Drew started to laugh. "You think all of this is cute? You think it's a game?"

"No, I think you're cute...and yes I think this is a game...but I only initiated it, I need a strong man to take control..." Miracle leaned back on a hand. "Do I really have to keep begging Mister? I think I've made myself very clear...I want you...bad."

"Okay...after school, detention for you, my bad boy." Drew said.

"Of course...detention for me, sir. I'll be waiting." Miracle grinned. "Bye bye." He then hung up and sighed. "Ugh...never done so much begging in my life. This will be the second teacher I've bagged...and trust me, this is only to get me out of trouble." He pointed at Ryder.

"Wow...I never knew he would do something like that. Sure he isn't tricking you?" Ryder asked. "I mean you could show up and it turns out to be real detention and then you're stuck there while he goes off to press charges."

"Not going to happen." Miracle held up his phone and went into the settings and waved it. "I set it to record all of my calls." He grinned. "He won't be pressing any charges on me and if he does...he'll be withdrawing them and whipping his tail between his legs."

"Recording...yeah, speaking of...who is Eric?"

Miracle paused and then lowered the phone to his lap. "You heard..." Miracle took a deep breath. "Well I wont lie to you. He's like this mob boss that is obsessed with me, wants to make me his slave lover, even got to me one time and gave me this lavish room and I am not exaggerating on the lavish, it was beyond. People would probably say I'm crazy for not going with it but I'm not a gold digger, I want love, not obsession and especially not with a bad guy like him. Plus...he has done some really horrible things to a lot of my friends and it's because of that...it's why me and Jaemin ran. We are the reason for all of it and so we left to keep whats left of our friends safe. If we are ever found here, we'll have to leave here too."

Miracle looked down. "I hope that never happens. Uprooting from life when you actually have one, when you actually have people that care about you...it hurts more than anything in the world. I never want that to happen to me again. So in a way...Eric has taken everything from me...everything but my boyfriend and my physical existence."

Ryder walked over and sat down beside Miracle. "Sounds like you cry a lot."

"How can you tell?" Miracle looked over at him.

"People have an aura and sometimes you can read some like books. I'm not going to assume but...if you asked for my opinion..you seem kind of broken, fragile and I think that attracts people. Some like to save the day, some people because it's the right thing to do but others because it gives them some self serving whatever, you know how you tell the difference between the two?"

"How?" Miracle asked.

"The self serving ones over compensate to gain more for themselves, whatever it is they get for themselves for being the rescuer or the protector, it feels good to them, does something for them and instead of going out and scouting for different people, they look for that one broken person who will always need them, someone who will break again and again, someone they'll have on freakin speed dial." Ryder shook his head. "The ones who do it because it's right do it when it needs to be done and what needs to be done and nothing more, no over compensation."

"How can you over compensate someone who needs it?" Miracle asked, confused.

"Well I could take advantage of you, hug you...cuddle you...kiss you...when really all you might need is a good ear and maybe a hug at most. See the difference?" Ryder smiled.

"Makes sense." Miracle looked down. "If someone were to get like that with me...it would take a lot to say no. I...had things done to me...when I was a kid...but it wasn't just the typical case." Miracle shook his head. "The man...he built this fairytale love story and even though I know sex equals love isn't true, I learned that a long time ago, I still have impulses...like parts of me that just react...I'm just me...and I can't explain it. I mean it's like knowledge versus feelings versus nature versus nurture or...some crap like that." He shook his head.

Ryder didn't know what to say at first and then he took a deep breath. "So he put a lot of stuff in your head. You know...things like that, they happen and they do things to you that you can't always control. It sounds like to me that he did more damage to you emotionally more than anything because now that you mentally know the truth of it all, sounds like your feelings quite...don't."

"Exactly!" Miracle looked up at him. "It's like if you kissed me right now...I'd know in my mind I had a boyfriend but emotionally and physically...I wouldn't care...it would be irresistable to me. I would have to really fight it." Miracle nodded. "Jaemin is very patient with me. I am making progress though. I broke it off with one guy I was messing around with, I did that for Jaemin, it hurt him so I did it."

Ryder nodded. "Well, it's good that you're making progress." He smiled.

Miracle looked up at Ryder. "You know, that recording is strong blackmail but if you're up for it...you could hide out and if it actually happens you can film it. Would cement it shut that he couldn't do anything to me."

Ryder grinned. "Ironic...I take film class."

Miracle laughed. "Ooo a professional camera man. We could make it high definition."

"Oh no...I couldn't be sneaky with one of those big hunky cameras, maybe a hand held but better than cell phone." Ryder shook his head.

"So do you want to?" Miracle asked.

Ryder thought about it. "I don't know."

"Why not?" Miracle asked.

Ryder looked over at Miracle. "I don't know if I want to cross that line with you."

Miracle stared at him. "You're afraid of taking advantage of me."

Ryder didn't say anything, he just stared at the floor.

"I'm sorry for asking you, another one of my flaws...putting people in positions to want to." Miracle grabbed his phone and stood up. "I'm going to go...everythings a little emotional for me right now." He said, not wanting to cry but he wasn't doing a good job at keeping his voice under control.

"And it hurts you if they don't?" Ryder looked up at him.

"I guess in some weird fucked up way it does." Miracle looked over at him.

"Puts me in a tough spot, how do I help you by not taking advantage of you when you want me to when really thats not what you need."

Miracle almost wanted to laugh at the concept but instead he only smiled but it was a sad one. "Then I guess you just don't help at all. Thanks for making today fun..." Miracle turned around and walked out of the class room.

Ryder watched him leave and then slowly shook his head. "It's a sad world when someone like that...is like that." He sighed, not even having words for it but he felt awful.

Miracle smiled over at Jaemin. "Yay, one class together. History...this should be fun."

Jaemin grinned. "Well be very..." Jaemin looked thoughtful. "Just participate, okay?"

Miracle made a funny serious face and saluted.

"Okay I want to know someone who inspires you and why." The teacher said and then pointed over at Miracle and smiled. "Would you like to share.

Miracle looked at Jaemin and grinned. "Sure would teacher." Miracle looked around at everyone. "Lindsay Lohan inspires me." He nodded. "She knows how to have fun and I am all about fun, I love drinking and getting messed up, partying, it's awesome. Her only flaw though...is that her stupid ass gets caught, though I do admire that she plays the sympathy card in court really well. Those face expressions that she makes and the act that she puts on to get leniency are just...brilliant." He smiled and the class laughed. "Seems a lot of feelings are mutual."

The teacher looked very displeased. "Well it was a freedom of speech question...but please refrain from profanity in the future."

"You got it, Ma'am." Miracle grinned and looked over at Jaemin.

The teacher then went on to actually lecturing something since she figured her attempt at self expression was going to be turned into a joke. Miracle ignored the entire thing and got lost in staring out the window as always, he then looked down at his phone and then over at Jaemin who seemed to be doodling random lines all over his paper. Miracle grinned and then started balling up pieces of paper and waited until the teacher turned to the white board to start writing things and he began tossing one after the other at her but made sure none actually hit her until the last one, that was aimed for the back of her head and it landed on target.

The students took notice and were all trying so hard not to laugh and once the teacher felt something light tap her on the back of the head, she turned around and looked down at the mess of paper balls, that was when all the students, Miracle included, tried to look serious, even if it meant using their hand to cover their mouths.

"Who did this? I demand to know who did this right now." The teacher asked, a stern but calm tone as she gestured towards the mess but no one would say a word.

The bell then rang. "Oops, time to go." Miracle smiled and then stood up with Jaemin, grabbing his things and followed everyone else out into the hallway.

"So are you dreading it? The teacher thing?" Jaemin asked.

"Well he used the expression about detention and I was with my new friend Ryder, which you will meet in a few minutes at lunch." Miracle smiled. "I thought the guy was just being kinky but then he pointed out to me that he might not have been metaphorically speaking and might be literal and I might show up to find real detention and be stuck there while he goes to press charges."

Jaemin's eyes widened. "If that happenes, everything is ruined." Jaemin stops walking and sighs. "Damn it, Miracle why did you have to go off and do that?"

Miracle looked at Jaemin. "Relax...if it turns out to be a scam, I recorded the call and trust me, it's enough to get him fired, he clearly takes me up on my offer and that's not good for his job to deal with a naive student that way. I kinda thought of just using it against him and not sleeping with him at all, I would love to do that but..I'd prefer to avoid things getting ugly if I can."

"Yeah, pissing him off anymore if you don't have to could just make it worse." Jaemin frowns and takes Miracle's hand and starts walking again.

Ryder sees Miracle and then for the first time, spots Jaemin with him and meets them at the large opening that leads into the lunch room. "Hey, Miracle." He looked over at Jaemin and, well he wasn't the type of guy he expected to see Miracle with, he just couldn't picture them together. "You must be Jaemin, I'm Ryder." He smiled none the less, never one to judge, he was just caught a little off guard.

"Hi." Jaemin smiled and then looked down as if trying to look at himself. "I'm no psychic but...you didn't expect this." He said, speaking of his spiked leather dog collar and the matching wrist cuffs, the black form fitting tee shirt and the matching jeans with the leather military styled boots. "It's okay, just a style that I found interesting...different and I kind of like to be different."

"Yeah, one thing I like about him, he's definitely a non conformist even though I'm totally the little teenager next door." Miracle grinned and leaned close to Jaemin.

Ryder grinned and laughed. "I don't see anything wrong with that. In fact I kind of don't get those people who go frantic over copying everyone else. I guess they feel like it'll make them friends like a fast food place."

"It's peer pressure." Miracle said and nodded for Ryder to follow them as he headed into the lunch room and picked one of the tables at the back near the big large window. "Refreshing...finally a big large window. Who ever designed this school must of been fucked up on medication. You do not use off white paint and install brown lockers in a dark and dim windowless hallway."

Jaemin grinned and sat down next to Miracle and looked at Ryder. "I'm tempted to make a list for him, you should of heard him ranting when we first walked in here. I didn't know he was claustrophobic."

"I'm not, I can go into a closet...but a place that's supposed to be big and open should be bright and open." Miracle said.

"What if someone closed the door and locked you in the closet?" Jaemin asked.

Ryder grinned, watching the two of them.

"Well...it would bother me." Miracle paused. "Only because closets were not meant to be hung out in! You go in, get your clothes and you walk out. That's why you can't lock most of them."

"You're claustrophobic." Jaemin nodded.

"Think what you want. You have some sort of phobia too and I'll figure it out." He shook his head and then smiled at Ryder. "So how has your day been?"

"Typical, though you guys do make it interesting." Ryder smiled.

"You know.." Miracle looked thoughtful.

"Uh oh...he's thinking." Jaemin teased.

"No this is serious. I told you in my dream that our plan was almost perfect..almost a success, like a ninety nine point nine." Miracle looked over at Ryder. "You remember what I told you about Eric? Well he's got two men that are working for him that we know very personally and if we can eliminate them...it would be a lot of stress off of our shoulders. Now in my dream or...rather nightmare...as I said, the plan was perfect and we have gone over it and over it again, the only flaw...a third person could fix." Miracle looked at Ryder. "If you say no, we would understand, not like they have found us yet, it's not a huge worry."

"Well, what is the flaw?" Ryder asked.

"In the dream, I trick one of them into throwing the other off of the balcony in the Hilton in Atlanta because one of them is just as obsessed with me as Eric and in the dream I make him believe I'll be with him, all we have to do is sneak away, betray Eric. Once that happens, Jaemin comes out and shoots the other and he falls off the balcony. We planned to say the first one was our friend and that the second one...well we had to shoot him because he killed our friend and we feared for our lives. The plan fails because at the end of the dream, the one loyal to Eric brings Eric to us and he sneaks into the room and grabs me from behind and puts a gun to my head. So...it turned into three versus two. If someone guarded the door...it might not happen." Miracle explained.

"I see." Ryder nodded. "You know...Miracle, first you ask me to film the sex to cement more blackmail, now you're asking me to help you in a murder plot? I don't know this first friend that you met that you compare me to or how willing he was to do whatever you wanted but you have to realize...I'm not him. I feel bad for your situation, I do, but..."

Miracle shook his head. "It's okay. You don't have to explain yourself. We ran to keep the rest of our friends safe. I shouldn't of tried to drag another person into it. I'm sorry."

Ryder nodded. "It's okay and...it doesn't mean I'll stop being friends with you guys and if trouble happens and I'm there, I'll help, but antagonizing trouble with people from the past to try to avoid conflict with them in the future by...eliminating them, so to speak, right now, I'm not willing to do that."

Jaemin nodded. "We understand."

Ryder smiled. "Could we have a more pleasant lunch now? I'd like to know some positive things."

Miracle and Jaemin exchanged looks and then both zoomed in on Ryder. "We think we can do that." Both said in unison.

Ryder laughed. "Let me hear it." He sat back, ready for a more enjoyable lunch.

Copyright © 2014 x Trevor x; All Rights Reserved.
  • Like 1
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this author. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new stories they post.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

Jeez, I really thought the beginning happened! lol Good to know it was only a dream/nightmare.

 

So I don't get it: Jaemin and Miracle enrolled in a school? Are they still living in the cabin? And how did Miracle get a phone? I thought he left his phone with the kid from Philly...

 

And why would they enroll in a school when they're trying to get to Vegas? And their school records would have to be sent and they would need parents or guardians around to register them, wouldn't they? Jaemin's not eighteen is he? Oh, and if they're trying to stay on the DL, then why the hell would Jaemin want Miracle to get in trouble on his first day?

 

I have one word of advice for Ryder: RUN!!!!! lol And never look back!!

Link to comment
On 01/28/2014 03:28 PM, Lisa said:
Jeez, I really thought the beginning happened! lol Good to know it was only a dream/nightmare.

 

So I don't get it: Jaemin and Miracle enrolled in a school? Are they still living in the cabin? And how did Miracle get a phone? I thought he left his phone with the kid from Philly...

 

And why would they enroll in a school when they're trying to get to Vegas? And their school records would have to be sent and they would need parents or guardians around to register them, wouldn't they? Jaemin's not eighteen is he? Oh, and if they're trying to stay on the DL, then why the hell would Jaemin want Miracle to get in trouble on his first day?

 

I have one word of advice for Ryder: RUN!!!!! lol And never look back!!

LOL I had intentions on the beginning being real but then when I finished the scene, I was like...nope, this is a dream!

 

They did enroll in school, they decided to go with Miracle's idea of using West Virginia as a home number one unless Eric or his people find them or Robin's parents discover them and chase them away, then Nevada is their back up place.

 

And no they wouldn't need any sort of guardians, not if they claimed to be homeless, the school would have no choice but to accept them (I know from personal experience.)

 

As for the records, they could be sent electronically to Miracle and Jaemin's email accounts as scanned images, TIF files if you will, to be burned to a CD to which they can then turn in to the school, Craig did take guardianship of Jaemin when he moved in, as an FBI agent he has the power and authority to make those reaches happen. All valid questions to be asked though!

 

As for Ryder lmao. He has a mess on his hands and he knows it and I thought it would be interesting to make a character who is a little more resisting to Miracle, someone on the edge but can stop themselves from falling so long as they take their precautions. It'll be interesting to see where that goes! Wonder what Max will do? Miracle might be wrong about him not having a big mouth...

Link to comment
View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..