Jump to content
    Yeoldebard
  • Author
  • 3,035 Words
  • 1,089 Views
  • 4 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

Amber Waves - 11. Chapter 11

ITUMAK

 

The neko groaned tiredly as a body rolled on top of him. Eyes cracked open in the dark, a comforter wrapped around Itumak’s body as his mind caught up to the waking world.

“Fuck… gimme the blankets…”

A hand ran along his body, and suddenly the comforter was slipping away, falling off the neko’s naked body. The chill of early morning struck Itumak, and he let out a shivering breath, slowly sitting up in bed.

Reaching blindly for his phone, the neko smacked a tall table, wincing at the unexpected obstacle. He blinked again, rubbing at his eyes as he looked back at the man in bed.

Black hair stuck out at odd angles, the hint of stubble around his mouth. His body vanished at his neck, the man’s torso wrapped securely in the comforter. Itumak tried to remember his name… Tim… Tom… something along those lines. The neko sighed quietly. Note to self, get names before drinking.

Itumak stood up, bare feet padding across the dark room to the bathroom. He took care of his morning business, listening to the soft snores from the other room. Was it normal to fall asleep when you were picked up at the bar? Should he leave now? Wait for the man to wake up? Where was he anyway?

Sighing, the neko flushed the toilet and stepped back into the bedroom. The snores cut off with a sudden snort, an eyelid creaking open from the bed.

“Fuck… you scared me,” the man grumbled.

“Oh, sorry… Tim?”

“Huh? Who the fuck is Tim?”

“Not you, I guess,” Itumak muttered, scratching behind an ear as his tail whipped in agitation.

“My name’s Anthony. Where the fuck did you get Tim from?” the man grunted, sitting up.

“I’m not sure,” Itumak admitted.

He found his pants on the floor, bending over to search his pockets for his phone. Itumak let out a startled gasp as a hand touched his ass.

“Whoa, you weren’t leaving yet, were you? I thought you said something about waking me up with some of that werewolf juice of yours,” Anthony said, running his hand over Itumak’s cheek.

“I’d love to, but I have to be at work by seven,” Itumak frowned.

“It’s barely four thirty. Come on, we have time. Let’s get another round in before we part as strangers in the night.”

“Tempting. Very tempting,” Itumak purred, straightening up.

Anthony stood up with him, the man’s length popping free from the weight of his blanket. Itumak stepped forward into Anthony, feeling the comforting grip of hands on his cheeks drawing him ever closer. Itumak’s hips ground into the man, their dicks pushing each other aside.

Their lips met briefly, stubble scratching the neko’s chin, and he pulled back again.

“But perhaps a little mouthwash first?”

“Someone’s a little bossy for being in my home,” Anthony smirked.

The man stepped out of the room, letting Itumak watch his ass swagger with every step. The neko’s length stiffened, and he dropped down to search through his pants again.

“Four twenty… I have time…” he breathed, tossing the phone back into his pile of clothes.

“You say something?” Anthony asked, carrying a cup into the bathroom.

“Uh… no,” Itumak said, his eyes staring at the other werewolf’s ass. “I just… I can stay a bit longer.”

“Wonderful!”

The man returned, pushing the cup into Itumak’s hand.

“If you want mouthwash,” he smirked.

Itumak held the cup up to his lips, letting the sharp scent of mouthwash hit him before he let the bit of liquid in his mouth. Swishing it quickly, he stepped into the bathroom, nearly spitting the mouthwash out as Anthony smacked his ass. The neko spat into the sink, rinsing his mouth out before turning back to the other werewolf.

“You know, I never got to try your tailhole last night,” Anthony grinned. “Perhaps we have time for that too?”

Itumak’s heart thumped at the grin, his body heating up as the other wolf grabbed his hands. Anthony pressed against the neko, walking him back into a wall. His eyes gazed down at the neko, and Itumak gulped.

“I… I thought the seduction was last night…” he breathed.

“The seduction never ends,” Anthony said, tilting the neko’s chin up.

Their lips met, and the man didn’t wait before plundering Itumak’s mouth. Itumak let out a loud moan, his knees buckling as Anthony held him up.

“Easy there, neko. You know, I haven’t taken my morning piss yet,” the werewolf murmured.

“Um… what… I’ll… I’ll go ahead and let you use the bath-”

“Oh will you? I have a better idea. Why don’t you get in the shower? I’m sure you’re rather dirty from last night still. I can give you a nice shower. Let everyone know you’re my toy. You promised last night, remember?”

Itumak shook his head slowly.

“I… I don’t remember anything from last night, really. But I don’t… I don’t think I would have agreed to that…”

“Really? So you don’t want to make your wolf happy?”

A hand grasped Itumak’s length, stroking it gently.

“I could make you feel good. And I know you want me to wash you. The very thought of it is making you twitch. It’s okay to want it. It’s safe, we’re both enjoying it.”

The neko pushed his hands against Anthony, carefully moving him away.

“Look, I think I should go,” he said firmly.

“Really Itu? You don’t want any of this? I’ll even let you top me again,” Anthony grinned. “I know you want it.”

“Yes. I want it. But I’m having second thoughts about doing it with the person it’s attached to,” Itumak frowned. “I’m going to leave now.”

He slipped away from Anthony, stepping into the other room to reclaim his clothes. A hand ran down his back, spreading his cheeks wide, and the neko let out a startled moan as a tongue licked up his tailhole. His tail flicked sharply, smacking across Anthony’s face, and the other wolf stumbled back with a yelp.

Before he could react, Itumak was pulling on his underpants, tucking his tail into the hole under the waistband. He yanked his pants up, turning so he could watch the werewolf. Something filled the air around them, some harsh scent, the scent of anger and rage, and Itumak pulled his shirt on quickly before backing toward the door. A quick pat confirmed his phone and wallet were still in their proper places, and the neko walked back until he hit the front door.

“Well… um… thanks for a fun night,” he said.

“Fuck off. Have fun walking back to… wherever it is you’re going,” the werewolf growled.

Itumak opened the door, slipping outside as he watched the man. Only when the door closed between them did the neko let himself relax.

 

AARON

 

They moved through shelf after shelf, climbing a circular stairway slowly as Alisa led Aaron through the library. Three floors… four floors… They were above the actual palace now and still they climbed.

“How is this place so big?” Aaron asked.

“Magic. There was a mage queen at one time who sought to collect as much knowledge as she could.”

“Sila the Dragon,” Aaron remembered.

“She created this library, but it cost her dearly,” Alisa nodded. “It wasn’t long after that she passed, a month after, if I remember correctly. The room is infinite, as best as we can tell. No one has ever been able to recreate the effect, but we are still filling the library to this day, one copy of everything ever published.”

Aaron stared up, trying to see the ceiling, but the lights leading up all faded into one solid glow, obscuring any end to the tower of bookshelves.

“Ah, here we are. Legal Codes of the Reign of King Finley and Legal Codes of the Reign of Queen Amber,” Alisa said suddenly, startling Aaron.

The elf took the heavy tomes carefully, nodding his thanks to the librarian. He carried them to a table nearby as Alisa paused by the stairs.

“If you need anything, there is a bell on the wall. Six rings will summon me to the sixth floor,” she explained.

“Understood. Thank you Alisa,” Aaron replied.

He flipped open the first book, scanning through a list of numerical laws.

“Shit, this is going to take me forever…” the prince groaned. “Wait…”

Pulling up his phone, Aaron began scanning through werewolf laws, his eyes pausing on one in particular.

“Code 801, section 3b, regarding the registering of all werewolves,” he muttered, running through the table of contents in the book again.

His finger landed on the proper law, and Aaron began turning pages until he reached the one he was after.

“As of the 63rd day of the year 1414, no werewolf may take part in any competition with non-infected beings unless fitted with a mouthguard to prohibit biting and a belt to prohibit copulation. B. All werewolves infected with the virus Aera Saleinus shall register with their city of residence on the day of their infection, the information to be provided their name, place of residence, job, and school if any. C…”

Aaron stared at the last part of the law, shaking his head in shock. Closing the book, the prince stood up and hurried down the stairway. He passed Alisa and Jason silently, closing the library door behind him before racing through the palace to the Dowager’s Suite.

“Dowager Finley!”

Aaron knocked on the door loudly, the echoes of his knock muffled by the thick oak. He flinched as the door was yanked open. The neko on the other side scowled at the elf, a silk robe showing the slightest patch of fur on his chest.

“What are you banging on my door for, Prince Aaron?”

“Your wolf code. 801c. No werewolves are permitted on palace grounds-”

“Unless accompanied by a non-infected person at all times. Yes, what of it?” Finley grumbled.

“We have two werewolf guards at this moment. Are they breaking your law?” Aaron demanded.

“It would seem so. I’ll have the guards escort them off palace grounds-”

“And what of me, Dowager Finley? Am I permitted to wander the halls of my home as I please? Or should I be accompanied at all times to make sure I’m not pissing on the furniture?!”

“Prince or not, I do not appreciate you taking that tone with me,” Finley said sharply.

“And I do not appreciate being seen as a menace to society, Dowager Finley. How am I supposed to be king one day if this law is in effect?”

“You’re not supposed to,” Finley replied. “Werewolves are not fit to be rulers.”

“I have been here for over three months, and I have been a werewolf the entire time I’ve been here. Why did you not tell anyone about this ridiculous bias?”

“Ridiculous?! Did you know I never once permitted myself to sleep with my partner unprotected? I watched an entire city erupt into chaos because a group of my subjects were provoked by werewolves. It is not ridiculous to protect the people from beasts,” Finley snapped.

“I’m not a fucking beast!” Aaron yelled.

“Really? You’re certainly yelling like one. The only reason you are here is because of me, Aaron. I convinced Amber to let you stay after you shifted only because we cannot afford to find a new prince. Not with Amber in surgery, not with things hanging in the air like this.”

“Then I am going to change your law while I can,” Aaron snapped. “It’s unfair, it’s bigoted, and it has no place in my kingdom.”

“Your kingdom?” Finley let out a scornful laugh. “What kingdom is that? Last I checked, Lord Sarin was Regent for Queen Amber. There is no kingdom for you. And there is no way you will see that law repealed; not while Sarin sits at the head of the council.”

“Everyone knows the queen holds power. It is in Mother’s hands-”

“If Amber dies, we both know Lord Sarin will be on that throne for a long time. You better choose your allies wisely, Prince Aaron, or you won’t be a prince for long.”

Aaron grunted in disgust, turning away from the door. He sped through the halls, making his way back to his own suite. What was the point of adopting him then? Keeping with tradition? Giving Lord Sarin a scapegoat?

It didn’t matter. The prince was going to see the wolf law repealed. He would just have to work faster than he thought.

 

AMBER

 

The beeps of a machine broke into a hazy dream. Eyes opened slowly, tiredly, and Amber let out a groan as her stomach churned. A white ceiling greeted the queen of Astara, blinding lights igniting the world around her. She was… in the hospital?

It took a moment for her to regain the clarity she always tried to hold. Or, it felt like a moment. She hoped it was a moment. It seemed a little long.

A chill ran through her body, and she shivered. Almost instantly, an elf was standing over her, checking a machine she could barely see out of the corner of her eye. He hummed quietly, a soothing sound that cut off after a moment. Or maybe it was a minute.

“Good afternoon Amber,” the elf said.

It took a moment for the words to reach her, and Amber frowned slightly. Her head was still too cloudy. That wasn’t good…

“What isn’t good? How are you feeling?”

Had she said something out loud? She must have. Her throat felt tight…

“We can get you some water in… about five minutes,” the elf said. “The tightness is probably left over from the breathing tube.”

“Am I talking…? I must be talking, right?”

“Yes, you are talking. Confusion is normal after waking up. It should pass soon. How’s your stomach feeling?”

“Cold… I feel cold… my stomach hurts,” Amber mumbled, trying to keep her eyes open.

“Let’s get her a blanket…”

Footsteps faded into silence as her eyes closed, and Amber startled as soft fabric fell over her body.

“Watch her drain,” someone warned, and the blanket was adjusted. Dimly Amber realised she had a thin tube sticking out of her side, blood flowing through the clear plastic. That wasn’t good… was it…?

“Don’t worry, it’s only there to help,” the elf smiled down at her. “Are we feeling better? Maybe a little more coherent?”

“I… I think so?” Amber said uncertainly.

“Excellent. We’re going to keep a close eye on you, okay? All you have to do is just lay there and let your body rest.”

“The tumour…?”

“Gone, removed, utterly vanquished,” the elf smiled. “We’re still double checking if it spread; we should know more in a couple of days. But don’t you worry about that, okay? Worrying never helped anything.”

Amber nodded, feeling a stiffness in her neck.

“Are you feeling any pain?”

A shake of the head brought more stiffness, and Amber frowned, trying to roll her neck around.

“Easy there. We don’t want you moving too fast.”

“Can’t a mage help me recover?” Amber asked with a frown.

“Of course. Corin here has been helping much already,” the elf smiled, motioning toward a human.

“I cannot do too much at the moment,” Corin said apologetically. “Your body has just been through a major shock, and if I try to heal anything right now, I could accidentally overload your body and hurt you even more. When you’re more stable, I can start on small things, like healing the incision.”

“I’m going to help you sit up now so we can get some water for you,” the elf added. “Now, I don’t want you to move; just tell me if you hurt, okay?”

Amber nodded again, and a hum filled the air. Slowly, the bed started rising, propping the queen up in a seated position. The blanket fell off her chest, and Corin stepped forward, carefully replacing the fabric.

“Thank you,” Amber breathed.

“Of course. We want you to be as comfortable as possible.”

The man held out a cup with a straw, gently pressing the straw to Amber’s mouth. Amber took a sip, wincing slightly as the icy liquid ran down her throat. Clearing her throat softly, she took another sip, and another, letting the cold water soothe her throat.

“Is there any chance I could get some food?” she asked.

“We have a fine selection of apple sauces for your enjoyment if you’re hungry,” Corin smiled.

“Sounds tasty,” Amber chuckled weakly.

“I would suggest you stick to water for another hour though.”

“Shame. Well, I suppose I’ll have plenty of opportunities for the apple sauce later.”

Corin smirked at the other elf.

“Well, I’d say she’s fully awake now.”

“Is a sense of humour required to be awake?”

“Well, I’ve always found it to be a good indicator. My mate often growls if I wake him with a joke,” Corin shrugged.

“You’re a werewolf? I never would have guessed…”

“We’re all around. Scary, isn’t it?”

“Not really. My son is a werewolf and my father was mated to a wolf,” Amber explained tiredly. “I just didn’t expect you to work in healthcare.”

“Most people don’t expect it. I like to watch the shock on their faces when I tell them a werewolf is taking care of sick people.”

Amber nodded, biting back a yawn.

“I feel tired. I should be awake, right?” she frowned.

“Not necessarily. Your body is using a lot of energy to heal itself. It’s exhausting. If you need to take a nap, go ahead. We’ll still be here when you wake up,” Corin promised.

“Great. I think I will…”

Amber let out another yawn, letting her head lay back against the hospital bed. Even though she was sitting up, it was near impossible to fight the wave of exhaustion running through her. And Amber was tired. Months of fighting for her life, months of fear eating at her left the queen of Astara weak. She would gather her strength again. But for now, Amber let the dark clouds of sleep fall over her.

Copyright © 2022 Yeoldebard; All Rights Reserved.
  • Like 3
  • Love 9
  • Fingers Crossed 2
  • Angry 2
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this author. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new stories they post.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

Hummm...Itu needs to get his head on straight, in fact both of them!!

Dowager Finlay has let his emotions rule his thoughts, and it may be the end of him...

Aaron needs wise consul and a lid on his impulsive nature...

Will Queen Amber survive the hospital and becoming healthy...was she truly ill or 'sick' as a matter of convivence for other's nefarious plots??

  • Love 3
  • Wow 1
  • Fingers Crossed 1
Link to comment
View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..