International Survey on Homophobia in Sports

• Site Administrator

The following link has been advertised in one of the local newspapers:

Out on the Fields: The FIrst International Survey on Homophobia in Sports

The survey ends on the 15th June (I believe), though I don't know if that's Australian Time, so I'd advise anyone responding to do so by the 14th to play it safe :)

From the newspaper article:

The Out on the Fields study was created by the organisers of Bingham Cup, the "gay rugby world cup" to be held in Sydney later this year. It's the largest survey of its kind and has had 1000 respondents nationally and 3000 internationally since it launched in mid-May.

and

Dr Caroline Symons from Victoria University says the survey is the first comprehensive study of the "under-researched area" of lesbian, gay and bisexuals' experience in team sport.

"The main aim is to get high participation numbers to get strong data on the prevalence and nature of homophobia experiences in sports of each of the countries and do a comparison," she said.

• Like 1
  • Site Administrator

Hmmm, I took the survey :)

Interesting how when I look back, how scared to death I was of being found out :unsure: