Good thing my boyfriend is a lawyer

Morganx

I think person #1 forgot a word... Knowingly... The property was still returned so you can have your lawyer tell him to... well you get the idea :) , and Im sure Mark will use more perfessional :wacko: professional language.

Steve

oi that was bad....

Edited by shadowgod

I think person #1 forgot a word... Knowingly... The property was still returned so you can have your lawyer tell him to... well you get the idea :) , and Im sure Mark will use more perfessional language.

Steve

I'm waiting for him to write the check first, of course it has to clear the bank as well :)

And thus he proves... Love can't get you credit... LOL

HAHA :) , no credit cards, personal checks are okay after they clear the bank, a wire transfer will work even better.

• Site Administrator

You don't believe in the barter economy? How about if this poor, struggling young man offers services instead of cash? I'll leave it to the two of you to sort out.

PS: This is why I have never bought anything online except from reputable companies. I've looked at eBay and decided I wasn't interested in taking the risk of being defrauded.

You don't believe in the barter economy? How about if this poor, struggling young man offers services instead of cash? I'll leave it to the two of you to sort out.

I have no problem working out a trade, we can wrestle for it :)

PS: This is why I have never bought anything online except from reputable companies. I've looked at eBay and decided I wasn't interested in taking the risk of being defrauded.

Same here, I've been ripped off on Ebay before a few times.

• Site Administrator
I have no problem working out a trade, we can wrestle for it :)

If you'll take a suggestion, maybe he can let you win a few games of basketball as payment? :P

I've looked at eBay and decided I wasn't interested in taking the risk of being defrauded.

I was half ripped-off recently. I bought an amplifier to compliment the front and rear soundstages in my car, which was supposed to have been shipped with a cell phone antenna booster. The Amplifier came in a bent box with no antenna in sight. But, the amp works wondrously, so I don't care.

However a friend of mine had been fully ripped-off once. He spent $80 on a capacitor for his audio system and then the company vanished. eBay couldn't do anything for him, so he was out $80 and still has dimming headlights whenever his subwoofers hit hard.

That sucks Robbie. When someone sells something on E-Bay as a private seller it is the same as selling something at a yard sale. Items are sold "as is" unless stated otherwise.

I think person #1 forgot a word... Knowingly... The property was still returned so you can have your lawyer tell him to... well you get the idea :) , and Im sure Mark will use more perfessional language.

Steve

Since he went home for the night I

Some guy tried to rip me off on eBay once, and eBay wouldn't do anything. This is why I love credit cards. I called my company, they reversed the charge and all interest, and said they wouldn't put the charge back on unless eBay could provide my signature verifying receipt, and I never got it, so they couldn't. There are statutory protections that credit card companies must provide, but this wasn't one of them. The thing that a lot of people don't know is that your credit card company often voluntarily protects your purchases from theft or with an extended warranty coverage, and sometime they'll help you just because they want you to stay as a customer. 99% of my purchases are by credit card for this reason.

Some guy tried to rip me off on eBay once, and eBay wouldn't do anything. This is why I love credit cards. I called my company, they reversed the charge and all interest, and said they wouldn't put the charge back on unless eBay could provide my signature verifying receipt, and I never got it, so they couldn't. There are statutory protections that credit card companies must provide, but this wasn't one of them. The thing that a lot of people don't know is that your credit card company often voluntarily protects your purchases from theft or with an extended warranty coverage, and sometime they'll help you just because they want you to stay as a customer. 99% of my purchases are by credit card for this reason.

Matthew,

I agree with you 100%. The other thing I do is go to the bank's web sit and get a one-use credit card number for the exact amount of the purchase. That way they can't try some scam where they try to use my credit card number fraudulently. It'll just bounce.

Colin B)

I've had two problems with ebay: people selling pirated software and people selling upgrade editions of software as "full editions". In both cases PayPal refunded my money and the sellers were banned. Otherwise I've had no difficulties and my feedback rating is 100%. 0:)

Many people talk smack about PayPal but I've had nothing but good experiences with it. Always buy ebay stuff with PayPal. They are closely integrated to ebay and add a layer of online protection to your credit cards.

Whenever you buy from an e-bay seller look at three things: his feedback rating, how long he has been on ebay and the amount of feedback received. If a person is an ebay powerseller, he's been around quite a while and ebay is his business. Someone like that probably isn't going to rip you off.

If you buy from someone with little or no feedback- an ebay rookie, then you take your chances. Just remember- if it looks too good to be true, it probably isn't. You CAN find some excellent values on ebay- just keep your wits about you and trust your instincts.

I especially love ebay for books. You can find all sorts of computer and technical books, which usually cost a pretty penny, for a mere fraction of their list price. I've found books on ebay that you just plain can't find anywhere else.

JS

Haha, I'll have a couple of words for him tonight and fax won't be one of them :worship:

Potty mouth :blink:

And the bill is due upon receipt. A part of the retainer may be non-refundable, since it would represent only my initial costs (opening the file, preparing certain documents, my lunch, mileage, etc.), A lot of retainer agreements say "non-refundable" or claim to be a "true retainer". In actual fact, they almost never hold up in arbitration. So I

Haha, I'll have a couple of words for him tonight and fax won't be one of them :worship:

You may have seen this, in any case it seems appropriate for your situation (NOI):

If you ever testify in court, you might wish you could have been as sharp as this policeman. He was being cross-examined by a defense attorney during a felony trial. The lawyer was trying to undermine the policeman's credibility....

Q: "Officer -- did you see my client fleeing the scene?"

A: "No sir. But I subsequently observed a person matching the description of the offender, running several blocks away."

Q: "Officer -- who provided this description?"

A: "The officer who responded to the scene."

Q: "A fellow officer provided the description of this so-called offender. Do you trust your fellow officers?"

A: "Yes, sir. With my life."

Q: "With your life? Let me ask you this then officer. Do you have a room where you change your clothes in preparation for your daily duties?"

A: "Yes sir, we do!"

Q: "And do you have a locker in the room?"

A: "Yes sir, I do."

Q: "And do you have a lock on your locker?"

A: "Yes sir."

Q: "Now why is it, officer, if you trust your fellow officers with your life, you find it necessary to lock your locker in a room you share with these same officers?"

A: "You see, sir -- we share the building with the court complex, and sometimes lawyers have been known to walk through that room."

Colin B)

You may have seen this, in any case it seems appropriate for your situation:

Colin B)

:great: That was way too good, colin....And yeah, it does seem appropriate.

I would not like to have a run in with this police officer when he's on duty!