Damn, that boy writes well.....

:2thumbs: It's probably not exactly in vogue to write and praise someone who isn't even an author who is hosted here, but hell!! This guy can write a tale and a half.

I've just finished reading chapter 11 of 'Dreamchasers' by Grasshopper, because I'm on IOMFAT.org's mailing list and just found out about it today.

I just wish that I could write as well as him, that's all, and it's why he's one of my fav authors. If any of you out there haven't yet read any of his stories, then you really are missing out on some good stuff.

Ok, I'll shut up but do yourselfs a favour....... :read:

It's probably not exactly in vogue to write and praise someone who isn't even an author who is hosted here, but hell!! This guy can write a tale and a half.

Actually it is, we are always looking for new authors. However, we normally post these in the Cafe.

As to Grasshopper, he is an excellent writer. In fact I stayed up till 3 a.m. this morning re-reading his "Just hit send" story. I did not even notice the new chapter of "Dreamchasers", bet you can guess where I am headed after I post this reply......... :wub:

For such a young person he seems to have wisdom way beyound his years. Considering his youth and ability, I would be willing to bet, that we will be reading his National Best Sellers within a few years. :2thumbs:

Sparhawk, I can't help but agree with you. I have emailed Jamie over a couple of his stories. I told him he should write professionally - I hope he does.

I asked him a couple of things that amused him and he said he appreciated that someone could see beyond his words and realise there were other issues behind his stories. He has such a gentle nature, I feel I almost know him.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

It was Thanksgiving weekend, and I lost two whole nights reading "Just Hit Send." At least I had a weekend off of work. I had to keep cleaning my glasses from the saline stuff dripping out of my eyes. Some of the finest writiing I've ever read, and while the writer purports to be a youngster, I think he may be like the main character in dkstories's "Do Over"--an oldster come back into a young body. There's no other way I can account for the maturity of insight and character development.

--Rigel

• Site Administrator

Look him up on It's Only Me From Across The Sea's website. (He's in the link engine)

• Site Administrator

I consider adding just about anything... except I don't have the time to write the summaries, contact the authors, get the codes, etc...

Having just emailed Jamie, (Grasshopper) because I just finished his latest chapter, I asked him if he'd mind us putting a link in on our site here.

If he agrees, I will do the necessary with regard to writing the sumaries, drawing up the codes etc. I don't mind in the least. I'll get him to check them before submitting as well. Only fair really, then he can make sure he's happy with them.

I say I don't mind, because I think he's a lot better writer than me, and I'm three times his age, and then a bit!

Yes Mike, his stories really are worth it. I consider his work something of a reference standard by which to judge my own.

Mike.g

:D Well I said he was a nice young fellow. I've just had a reply. I hope he won't mind me posting it here.....

Hey Mike  :)     Man, have I been having computer problems............I got infiltrated with that adware thing and it keeps shutting me down. I had almost all of the next chapter of JHS done when it just blinked off without any warning, before I could JHS  (just hit save!)  :(   Anyway, the Christmas chapter is now up for anyone who wants it.

I talked to Tim about the link and he agreed that it was cool. I don't mind letting people find my stories; I just don't want to put them anywhere else. I'm like a faithful puppy........Tim encouraged me to write in the first place and the stories belong on IOMFATS. I'm just proud that you think more people would want to read them  :)  

:D Yeah, there are new chapters of both 'Dreamchasers' and 'Just Hit Send'.

For anyone who doesn't posess a steel heart, I'd recommend a box of Kleenex handy when reading 'Just Hit Send'.

He really ought to publish that when it's finished. Actually Jamie has rewriten parts of 'The College Years' section to iron out a few inconsistances he says.

Anyone who hasn't read this story has missed a treat for sure.

http://www.iomfats.org/storyshelf/hosted/grasshopper/ will get you there.

This really is a great bit of writing, on a par with Charlie I'd say, and I really do like Charlie's stories.

• 3 weeks later...

In case you didn't know, Graeme author of New Brother wrote a short story title "What Do I Say", Grasshopper ask to write a follow up and it title "Please Say Something"

both can be found at Deweywriter.com where Dewey host both story

and they are good

:2thumbs:

In case you didn't know, Graeme author of New Brother wrote a short story title "What Do I Say", Grasshopper ask to write a follow up and it title "Please Say Something"

and they are good

And both are on Jamie's site as well, movieguy47, but thanks for the info.

Incidentally, if anyone is tempted to read 'Summerfire', personally I'd read as far up to date on 'Just Hit Send' as you can first, because it's a jump into the future from that.

and they are good

And both are on Jamie's site as well, movieguy47, but thanks for the info.

Incidentally, if anyone is tempted to read 'Summerfire', personally I'd read as far up to date on 'Just Hit Send' as you can first, because it's a jump into the future from that.

Thanks for the info guys, I have read "What do I Say" and loved it will checkout "Please Say Something" very soon. BTW "Just Hit Send" Pt4 Ch 10 is up at IOMFATS

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Dreamcatchers has been added to and concluded. The final chapter and epilogue sustain the poetry over long pages from start to finish, and are spellbinding. Wow!

--Rigel