Happy Friendship Day!

BeaStKid

I would like to wish all my dear friends here at GA a very happy Friendships Day!!!

Great Friends are very hard to get and blessed are those who get them...Treasuring all my great friends on this day!!

The BeaStKid

Happy Friendship Day to you, too, Beastkid. And of course, to all you guys :hug:

"In poverty and other misfortunes of life, true friends are a sure refuge" - Aristotle

"Greater love hath no man than this, that a man lay down his life for his friends" - Jesus (John 15:3 - The Bible)

Happy Friendship Day to you, too, Beastkid. And of course, to all you guys :hug:

"In poverty and other misfortunes of life, true friends are a sure refuge" - Aristotle

"Greater love hath no man than this, that a man lay down his life for his friends" - Jesus (John 15:3 - The Bible)

Thanks Dhruv, Great quotes!!

Thanks Dhruv, Great quotes!!

Yes, great quotes Dhruv.

Long Live friendship!

Ieshwar

Thanks both of you...even I like these quotes a lot.

Anyway, happy Friendship Day all of you once again!! :)

Um Never heard of this day, Happy friendship day.

It's celebrated in India. On this day, people exchange 'Friendship bands' (which they tie on their hand). It's sort of Valentine's version for friendship with bands instead of roses.

Ieshwar

It's celebrated in India. On this day, people exchange 'Friendship bands' (which they tie on their hand). It's sort of Valentine's version for friendship with bands instead of roses.

What a lovely idea!

Happy Friendship Day everyone!! :D

Well, the band tradition really became popular after the release of Bollywood film Kuch Kuch Hota Hai(1998)... But the day has been celebrated for quite some time. Prior to 1998, cards and simple greetings or even gifts were exchanged.