Scary Movies

It's been a long time since i started a topic and i guess it's time... What is the scariest movie that you ever saw. I think "Halloween" on the big screen back in 1978 was the scariest for me. Please feel free to share your fears this Halloween. :devil:

Guest Sk8er_Dan

By far, it would have had to be Silver Bullet...I remember I always got right scared as a kid watching that movie...gave me nightmares every time!

• Site Administrator

hmmm....

I generally don't watch scarey movies... but...

Nightmare on Elmstreet

Friday the Thirteenth

Halloween

The Shining

There are a few that are fun to watch in the dark... Sleepy Hollow, Alien Aliens, others....

Two movies that gave me the creeps the most when i was little

was both Alfred Hitchcock

The Birds, it was creepy. but the next day when i look up and saw about

25 black bird on the telephone wire now that when it got really creepy!

Psycho the fact that a guy with no monster make up on and act creepy

and look like a person that could be in your town, another creepy thoughts

and watching this with your mom and brother in law at 2 in the morning with the lights out and the guy next door coming home from work walking on the wooden porch and footstep that was slow and sound like frankenstein step even made my brother in law get off the couch and sit by my mom when i did (haha)

• Site Administrator

That's right... The birds. My mother just watched that the other night. I picked up The Shining on DVD, but haven't had a chance to watch it yet. I haven't seen it in full since I was about 10 or so...

:whistle: It's an age thing this is. What scared me at the time I go into hysterical laughter at now that the effects look so dated.

But my scariest thing wasn't a film at the time, though it was made one later. It was on TV when there were only just the two channels in the UK, and it was the BBC's "Quatermass and the Pit". I remember having nightmares as it was a serial!

I think I was 10 at the time. And not so brave as I made out to my dear friend Johnny. :(

(see 'Johnny' in my stories - I remember refering to it!)

When I was much younger, I remember never being able to watch the old Universal horror classics (Frankenstein, Dracula, The Mummy) all the way through. For the later stuff, Halloween was definitely among the scariest I've seen. The Exorcist and The Sixth Sense also come to mind among those I've seen lately as being nightmare generators. :devil: