Satyamev Jayate by Beastkid

This story is a roller-coaster, in a very good way. :)

At times touching, at times hilarious, and at times pulling on far different emotions, it runs the gamut of feelings, and has more than a few shocks and surprises.

I will warn the readers of one thing; if you have a love for Indian food as I do, do not read this on an empty stomach, becuase many things in the first half of the story will make you exceedingly hungry! It quite literally made my stomach growl...

The family scenes were warm and touching, and one of the aspects of this story I enjoyed the most was the glimpse it offered into a culture that I am mostly unfamiliar with. Raj and Anju are just wonderful.

I did find Ali's decision to meddle and bring up a certain subject to be going too far on his part, but it fits very well; who hasn't had a meddlesome neighbor?

I'll refrain from mentioning the ending or the latter one third of the story, because it must be read to be appreciated.

BK, this is an excellent story!

• Site Administrator

Well done, Beastkid!

The opening section was very well done. It showed a very loving couple devoted to their son. I also agree about the glimpses of a culture that I'm not familiar with. There was enough to give a distinct flavour to the story, but not so much that it overpowered the story itself.

I found it unusual that Raj knew about his son, and had for several years, but he hadn't mentioned it to his wife. I'm guessing that that is another cultural thing, since I believe India still largely has strongly defined gender roles.

I guessed what had happened to Rohan and I suspect he was lucky to still be alive at the end. Corruption is never pretty and what it does to those affected can be very, very bad.

Thanks, Beastkid! You should be proud of your first anthology entry, and I'm looking forward to more in the future... *hint, hint* :D

That was a really good story, one which I really enjoyed. The first part was really sweet and quite perfect life. I was expecting the parents to do some trouble but when I realised that it wasn't the case, I felt that something really bad was going to happen...

Like Kyle, the 'hair a la John Abraham' made me smile. And you did write about Indian culture really well.

Take care,

Ieshwar

I did find Ali's decision to meddle and bring up a certain subject to be going too far on his part, but it fits very well; who hasn't had a meddlesome neighbor?

BK, this is an excellent story!

Thanks CJ...

You'll find that Ali is quite close to the Singhanias and he thought it (correctly) that hiding all this from Anju wouldn't do any good...

Great story!

The beginnning dialogues and events were nicely done. I loved the great descriptions you gave of Indian culture. It really helped bring the story alive in its setting. I really liked the "hair

Hah hah. Very Bollywood-ish if I may say so (as in kind of melodramatic and all) xD

Nice story. Really sad what happened to Ajay and all. I'm confused about Rohan though. Did he turn hostile as the witness? That happens to often in real life unfortunately

Edited by pitchan
Hah hah. Very Bollywood-ish if I may say so (as in kind of melodramatic and all) xD

Nice story. Really sad what happened to Ajay and all. I'm confused about Rohan though. Did he turn hostile as the witness? That happens to often in real life unfortunately

Ummm...Rohan was 'kidnapped' by the Politician, Madan Gupta and was held captive in the latter's house. He was found later when the house was raided by the police.

I'm glad you liked the story...

awww

this one is good

nice job

write more

Thanks...

I have a few stories lined up, but I intend to finish my ongoing ones first.... :)

The Beastkid

• 4 months later...